Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Read a document.  (Read 967 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:56:47 PM

I would like some third party reviewers to read a document, and give feedback.

https://github.com/project-bitmark/marking/wiki

To say thank you, I will offer 40 BTM each to the first four people who read the document and give constructive feedback.

Mark

40 BTM is 2 block rewards, 10% of all I own, and would cost just over 0.01 BTC to mine

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:21:38 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 11:45:39 PM by Viper1

Well, I'm not sure what to say as It really needs some work. Sentence structure, grammar, all of it just makes it hard to grasp the underlying concepts. It reads almost more as a brain dump than a clear concise document trying to explain the system. I also really don't like the use of "adoption". That is what a community, business etc may do, i.e. adopt the use of "marking", but I don't think it should then be used to label that group. I'm not even sure they need a label at all. There also needs to be a very clear and concise introduction that covers exactly what the entire document is going to outline. The way it is right now, it just jumps into things and feels like it meanders along. I may have a bit more feedback when I have a bit more coffee.

Edit: As a side note, not all that keen on the term "Marking" either. People being marked for something in history has typically had a negative connotation. Now, it could be made "cool" I suppose with some sort of catch phrase. But something different that might appeal to a younger demographic would be better. Even "getting Bitmarked" would be better than just "getting marked".

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:15:15 AM

Overall comments:

* You need to add paragraph structure to the first section "Marks as Reputation" and all other sections which don't organize sentences into cohesive paragraphs.  If you really find that you can't organize the sentences into paragraphs, consider using bulleted lists.

* Be consistent with capitalization and grammatical form.  Sometimes you say "marks" sometimes "Marks" sometimes "markings".

* Early in the document you say marks can be divided arbitrarily, later you say to 5 decimal places only.  This is inconsistent.

More specific comments:

*  "Integrations" -> "Integration" (integration is an uncountable noun in English).
 * "viral by nature" -> "viral-by-nature"
 * change getMarked.org to teletype font and use a hyperlink
 *  "Each user that marks a song provides a small amount of revenue, if a song is good it can go viral and receive a large amount of marks." --> split into two sentences or join with a semi-colon ";"
 * "self publishing" -> "self-publishing"
 * "Open source software ..." -> "Open-source software"
 * "People must come first, fun and practical services which can be gained in return for Marks are important." --> awkward phrasing, perhaps this should be two sentences.
 * "A paid publishing service where users draft an article and then publish it by marking it, subsequent marks on the article get split between author and the publishing service provider, it's a revenue stream for both, where spam and bad articles cost money, and writers gain reputation if successful, reputation which is also money."  --> split into several sentences
 * "To start this could just be a printable badge for servers, "Mark My Service" with a QR code, that is very simple, as companies see their staff getting tips, they may consider taking payment with Marks too." --> same thing, need to split into at least two sentences and rephrase the connection.

Good luck with your project:

My payment address: 18z6fGQBEKwohaK66rtcnAKi817bFbwkWU

Edit: oh shit I just realized you aren't offering payment in bitcoins, I read BTM as mBTC.  I'm not really interested in your bitmarks, but please send some payment (whatever you deem appropriate) in BTC to my payment address above.  I have offered you constructive comments in good faith, I hope you can offer payment in BTC.  Cheers.
eve3x

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:29:34 AM

To say thank you, I will offer 40 BTM each to the first four people who read the document and give constructive feedback.

Mark

40 BTM is 2 block rewards, 10% of all I own, and would cost just over 0.01 BTC to mine

remove{ no harder than clicking a like button}. from para 1 ln. 3.

para 2 sentence 3 change from The more the Marking system is used, the more distributed the supply of marks becomes, which in turn makes marks more scarce and more valuable.TO
The more often the marking system is used , the more distributed the marks become. This will also increase the scarcity and value of the marks.

para 2 sentence 4 remove literal and replace with {a}

I also agree with previous poster on use of adoption so much consider replacing with recieving or new communities. Multiple gramatical errors i pointed out a few. Yo go more in depth and correct everything would take quite a while.

Also marks sound a lot like Karma on Reddit except that it has a fiat value attached to it.
alot of stuff could be removed by simpl saying marks are simililar to fiat currency in a barter transaction. you couldd easily get rid of 4 or 4 paragraphs by saying something similar to that.

edit: typed on an ipad
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:43:07 AM

Thank you all, BTM or BTC addresses please. BTC will take a few hours longer, as I do not hold any BTC and will need to buy some. I will confirm with transaction id's once sent.

Still one more, it would be good to hear some feedback on the general concept also.

Viper1

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:51:08 AM

it would be good to hear some feedback on the general concept also.
As a means to spur the adoption of crypto currency and bitmark specifically, I think it's a pretty good overall plan. I was going to liken it to tipping which has shown itself to be a good way to gain adoption. But it also encompasses sharing content, voting/liking for something with a monetary value even if it's very minor which I think is a good thing. The getMarked.org idea is a good one, especially if you treat it similar to stumbleupon and of course you would develop a "share me" plugin for wordpress to expand on that. Integration with twitter would be good so that it could auto tweet to them that they just "bitmarked" something.

ummm.  There was something about "bitmark" that was nagging at me and I just realized what it was.  Bitly uses that phrase and so that could turn out to be a serious problem for you.  You create your bitmarks and they also have a bitmarklet for use in your browser.

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:35:32 AM

Mark

This is all I can say about that paper.
sed

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:55:57 AM

Thank you all, BTM or BTC addresses please. BTC will take a few hours longer, as I do not hold any BTC and will need to buy some. I will confirm with transaction id's once sent.

Still one more, it would be good to hear some feedback on the general concept also.

My btc addy is in my post above.  Still awaiting payment.  

I'm thinking that because you said this:

40 BTM is ... and would cost just over 0.01 BTC to mine

that you'll be paying 0.01BTC to the editors, right?

Thanks a lot!
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:27:16 PM

Thank you to all who reviewed.

My offer was to provide 40 BTM to each reviewer, not BTC. However I will honour your requests for BTC instead, please allow until the end of today for me to acquire BTC, I will update this thread with transaction identifiers once sent.

sed

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:03:20 PM

Thank you to all who reviewed.

My offer was to provide 40 BTM to each reviewer, not BTC. However I will honour your requests for BTC instead, please allow until the end of today for me to acquire BTC, I will update this thread with transaction identifiers once sent.

Indeed, thanks a lot for paying in BTC.  I look forward to the payment on Friday.  Good luck with your project!
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

Good luck with your project!

Luck is not so important. I firmly believe that the concept is sound, and that it will have a measurable positive impact on every day people. The final incarnation which people use may not be this exactly, but the seed is there, has merit, and once it is planted it will grow. So, it will be done at any cost.

I recognise that my editorial and marketing skills are sub par, maybe someone who agrees that it is worth doing will join and bring those skills to the project in the future.

Warmest Regards, and thank you for your help,

Mark

sed

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:36:06 PM

Luck is not so important. I firmly believe that the concept is sound, and that it will have a measurable positive impact on every day people. The final incarnation which people use may not be this exactly, but the seed is there, has merit, and once it is planted it will grow. So, it will be done at any cost.

I recognise that my editorial and marketing skills are sub par, maybe someone who agrees that it is worth doing will join and bring those skills to the project in the future.

Mark

Another really important thing is following through on payment offers.  Im still waiting on the 0.01BTC you were going to send on Friday.   Any news?
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:02:33 PM

Mark

Another really important thing is following through on payment offers.  Im still waiting on the 0.01BTC you were going to send on Friday.   Any news?

Eek, I will send them momentarily

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:21:58 PM

18z6fGQBEKwohaK66rtcnAKi817bFbwkWU

https://blockchain.info/tx/d9d4cb6844b8e73ffd8f53a65cbfc252fb148219b3e026e72468a26c6f7b0991

1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT

https://blockchain.info/tx/d92d8f6b04520b05dbeb8714d3e87219dd23ba495cbc67f7490ded002e73716b

eve3x - address required.

sed

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:29:35 PM

Wonderful!  Thanks for the opportunity.  Again, best of luck with the bitmark project.
Viper1

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:27:16 AM

Thanks for that and good luck to you. Will be watching your progress.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: