Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:09:29 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed  (Read 247116 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:45:49 AM

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

Edit by mprep:

You know what, time for a slight policy change:

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

As per this shift, the following type of posts are now allowed in coin threads:

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "We're up" messages for pools (if it's only once per thread)
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:49:02 AM

You gotta be kidding, right?

What's next?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 694

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:52:21 AM

Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads.  Mining pool ops should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

I Kind of agree,   Pools will be listed in the OP's and pool owners and devs can arrange that off the boards.  Cutting down the pool advertisements in some threads would really help reduce the clutter

Just my 2 cents.

vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:54:24 AM

What's next?

Next FUD will be banned, and every thread will have one page.

That would be kinda nice, actually.

Pool spam is bad for a few days at launch, but FUD spam is forever. See DRK thread for a good example.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:55:32 AM

What's next?

Seriously, BCT becomes lame lately.

First giveaways, now they forbid to pool OPs to advertise their service in the topics, while 12 year olds make 100 accounts to spread FUD and insult people.

kultus

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:00:13 AM

Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads.  Mining pool ops should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

How the Hell do you intend for people to find pools to mine the coins with, if not in the OP I quote you .. maybe you mistyped what you actually mean "Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, alt coin announcement threads." So a new coin cannot have links to the pools for their coin is what that says ... I wonder if it's just not clearly written because you go on to contradict your self here with "Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. "

So can we have some clarification to this.... otherwise I think it's time to community found a new forum to work from ... ....  .... damn nazi's

░░░░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░░░░▄████████████████████▄
░░░░█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
░░▄████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████▄
▄███▀░░░░░░░▄████▄░░░░░░░▀███▄
▄███▀░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░▀███▄
████░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░▀████▀░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░░░▀██
███░░░░░▄██████████████▄
████░░░░████████████████
▀███▄░░░▀██▀██████▀██▀
▀███▄░░░░░░░██████
░░▀████▄░░░░░██████
░░░░█████▄░░░██████
░░░░░▀█████████████
░░░░░░░▀██████████▀
.OPPORTY.
......Self-Regulated Business Community......
████  █▄
████  ███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
██▄▄▄▄▄██
██▄▄▄▄▄██
██▄▄▄▄▄██
█████████
Whitepaper░▄▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▄
█░░░█░░░█░░░█
█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
▀█▄░█░░░█░▄█▀
░░█▄█░░░█▄█
░░░▀█▄  ▄█▀
░░░░░▀█▀
Bounty░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀ █
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░ █
█▀▀░░▄▄██░░█
▀█▄▄███▀░░░█
░░░███▄░░░ █
░░░██▀▀█▄▄█
Telegram░░░▄▄▄
░░████
░░██
█████
░░██
░░██
░░██
Facebook█▄░░░░▄██▄
███▄░▄█████
█████████▀ ▄
████▀███▀ ██
████░▀█ ▄███
████░░░ ▀███
░▀██░░░░░ ▀█
Medium░░░██
██░░███
░█████
███░░███
░░█████
░███░░██
░░░██
Slack
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 06:08:14 AM

How the Hell do you intend for people to find pools to mine the coins with, if not in the OP I quote you .. maybe you mistyped what you actually mean "Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, alt coin announcement threads." So a new coin cannot have links to the pools for their coin is what that says ... I wonder if it's just not clearly written because you go on to contradict your self here with "Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. "

So can we have some clarification to this.... otherwise I think it's time to community found a new forum to work from ... ....  .... damn nazi's

Yes, listing available pools in the OP is fine.

Henrietta.UK

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:23:58 AM

Oh! Finally we can play games without spammers Cheesy
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:25:45 AM

I don't understand.

1. If coin has dedicated "mining" thread is it allowed to post there?
2. Is it allowed to post in "local branches" of the forums like Russian, French, etc?

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:26:53 AM

Oh! Finally we can play games without spammers Cheesy

Much better to play games without scammers than spammers.

wartywarlock

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:44:24 AM

It'd be 9001% better to ban sock puppet accounts...

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 938

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:14:43 AM

Good, pool talk should only be in mining section
rugrats

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:17:45 AM

Yes. This is the most threatening issue facing the alt coin section now. The rampage of the mining pools posts. Sigh.

Mortimer452

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:03:31 AM

I disagree with this.  Next thing you know I'll get banned for posting something like "Hey, since all the other pools are busted why don't you try my pool at http://blabla.minemyshit.com"  Would that be considered "advertising?"

If someone asks a question like "Hey which pools are working right now" and I respond with "My pool at http://blabla.minemyshit.com is working great, come on over" will I get in trouble for that?  Should we expect everyone interested in mining to try every pool listed in the OP, which is not always current and definitely does not show status (working or not, forked or not), to find a working pool?

Being able to post pool advertisements in the coin's thread is important during launch.  Pools are coming online far faster than the devs/announcer can keep the OP updated.  Don't make us pool operators PM with the devs to get listed in the OP, and don't force all the forum users to constantly have to switch back to page 1 to see new pools that have come online.

Perhaps a better solution would be to limit the SIZE of pool advertisements, that's what's so damn annoying.  No more 500x500 graphic logos and 10 lines of huge text.  I would have no problem limiting my pool announcements to something that could fit in maybe 5 lines or so, if such guidelines were published.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:08:40 AM

Finally, thank you. Now I'll check announcement threads more.
Billyboy402

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:17:15 AM

at the end of the day , all pool are only middle men and only care about the profit they make - so they should either Pay each post ( advertisement )  or be posted in the OP (updated regularly)

this will also stop Shit scamining pool from posting crap that haven't been verified working and paying out.

Less and less viewer are coming onto bitcointalk.org. every main coin has 300 pages with at least 50 of them are post and Quotes of Pool info and Referrals

Dear OP ,
Can we also please Remove Sig with Referral links . they should be force to pay a donation if they are making a profit from posting here  

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:24:55 AM

at the end of the day , all pool are only middle men and only care about the profit they make - so they should either Pay each post ( advertisement )  or be posted in the OP (updated regularly)

this will also stop Shit scamining pool from posting crap that haven't been verified working and paying out.

Less and less viewer are coming onto bitcointalk.org. every main coin has 300 pages with at least 50 of them are post and Quotes of Pool info and Referrals

Dear OP ,
Can we also please Remove Sig with Referral links . they should be force to pay a donation if they are making a profit from posting here  

Donating to post on BCTalk? Haha what's next.. paid accounts?
mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:48:11 AM

Added the rule to Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines.

The submission of pools to be added to OP can be done via PM.

I don't understand.

1. If coin has dedicated "mining" thread is it allowed to post there?
2. Is it allowed to post in "local branches" of the forums like Russian, French, etc?

1. Yes
2. Yes, if they have an alt coin section in that Local board, they post in a dedicated thread for their pool and that thread is in the appropriate language.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
Unofficial Bitcointalk API - get posts, boards, topics
Bitcointalk Post Iconizer - custom post editing buttons
|  Services advertised here are not endorsed by me
|  Advertise in my signature
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:09:19 AM

this is bullshit rule that fucks over those of us who want to find pool fast and grab some of the first low difficulty coins, i don't want to be checking the mining subforum or waiting for dev to get pm and add to op, this only wastes time and allows ppl with their own mining hardware and insiders to get more of the easy coins

its only spam when pool owner post their link in the same thread multiple times, don't see the problem allowing them to post once

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:15:10 AM

this is bullshit rule that fucks over those of us who want to find pool fast and grab some of the first low difficulty coins, i don't want to be checking the mining subforum or waiting for dev to get pm and add to op, this only wastes time and allows ppl with their own mining hardware and insiders to get more of the easy coins

its only spam when pool owner post their link in the same thread multiple times, don't see the problem allowing them to post once
We've had some serious trouble with pool spammers (those adding any coin and posting (nearly) an identical message to all altcoin announcements). They just clutter up a discussion and can be avoided simply by making people add pools through PM. If you want to mine a coin early, mine it solo. If you can't, don't worry - probaly nobody will be until the coin author adds the info.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
CoinManiac1

Activity: 612

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:30:05 AM

If u want to stop clutter, stop allowing creation of new coin, ipo's...This creates more spam than anything.

Creates some rules for that too...

🚂 Unstoppable Organisation - The Movement DAO
Mortimer452

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:56:27 AM

We've had some serious trouble with pool spammers (those adding any coin and posting (nearly) an identical message to all altcoin announcements). They just clutter up a discussion and can be avoided simply by making people add pools through PM. If you want to mine a coin early, mine it solo. If you can't, don't worry - probaly nobody will be until the coin author adds the info.

Getting added to the OP by requesting the devs via PM is a joke.  It happens maybe 50% of the time, and never quickly.  I don't want to risk breaking the rules because someone asked a question about which pool to mine at or which pool is working and I responded "Mine" and provided a link.

Ban the spammers, don't ban the practice entirely.  Limit pool advertisement size to 5 lines of text and one 80x80px image.

This is nazi moderator bullshit. 
barryzand

Growcoin Developer

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

So if a pool owner posts his pool in a thread... he will get banned??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

How about limiting that post too 1 in each announcement thread?

Im really sorry I have too say this... But this is NOT the priority you should be looking at right now with all those scamcoins around these days..

People lose money everyday over scams...

But instead of helping the community, by setting stricter rules for coin announcements on here... you worry about poolowners who advertise their pools...

I really cant understand this... Sorry Undecided
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:22:29 AM

I think you should change the subject of this thread to 'Pool spamming is no longer allowed'. It's very annoying when pools keep posting their advert sometimes several time on a single page which can go on for many pages.

Have pools listed in the OP and let them post once when they are up and running.

This goes for pools not listed in the OP to be allowed to post once when they are up and mining.

This gives miners a chance to mine on the first pool that's working. This has been my tactic for the last few months, I've been waiting for the first pool to announce its working then register there and start mining. Problem with that is sometimes the first pool is overwhelmed with new registrations and struggles to cope that's the risk you take.

Too many times I lost out on the golden time of early mining because I registered with one of the 'bigger' pools and they didn't launch quickly enough and I missed out.

mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:34:23 AM

If u want to stop clutter, stop allowing creation of new coin, ipo's...This creates more spam than anything.

Creates some rules for that too...

That would be a bit too drastic - this forum does proud itself on freedom of speech. Limiting which coins can be accepted, would leave a lot of room for moderator abuse.

Getting added to the OP by requesting the devs via PM is a joke.  It happens maybe 50% of the time, and never quickly.  I don't want to risk breaking the rules because someone asked a question about which pool to mine at or which pool is working and I responded "Mine" and provided a link.

Ban the spammers, don't ban the practice entirely.  Limit pool advertisement size to 5 lines of text and one 80x80px image.

This is nazi moderator bullshit.  
You could try suggesting several pools without showing which one is yours. For example:

Which pool is up and running for Coin?
You could try these pools:

pool1.com
pool2.com
mypool.com

That wouldn't be considered advertising, wouldn't it (BadBear, can you confirm?)?

I think you should change the subject of this thread to 'Pool spamming is no longer allowed'. It's very annoying when pools keep posting their advert sometimes several time on a single page which can go on for many pages.

Have pools listed in the OP and let them post once when they are up and running.

This goes for pools not listed in the OP to be allowed to post once when they are up and mining.

This gives miners a chance to mine on the first pool that's working. This has been my tactic for the last few months, I've been waiting for the first pool to announce its working then register there and start mining. Problem with that is sometimes the first pool is overwhelmed with new registrations and struggles to cope that's the risk you take.

Too many times I lost out on the golden time of early mining because I registered with one of the 'bigger' pools and they didn't launch quickly enough and I missed out.
Some pools just post identical messages to each coin to promote their pool. That would be considered a duplicate which add little to nothing to the discussion. Such adding of pools can be done easily by PM. If you want to find the best pool for coin X, just search the Mining (Altcoins) board. Regarding scam coins, scams (real or not, not for me to judge) are not moderated to prevent moderator abuse.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:36:56 AM

What sanctions? Imagine, I can create an account and spam ads of competitors.

mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:43:13 AM

That account would get banned. So what?

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:43:32 AM

What's next?

First giveaways, now they forbid to pool OPs to advertise their service in the topics, while 12 year olds make 100 accounts to spread FUD and insult people.

I neither agree or disagree re pools bc I don't mine any more...
But OP has a point. BCT allows has ignored all calls for moderation of altcoin sub-forums and this is the first thing to bring into action? I'd say the pressing issue is multiple accounts and serial scammers more so than the pools clogging up threads with "spam".
Whatever happened to the rule where you couldn't post with a new account until a certain threshold of time and/or newbie introduction?
albertdros

Activity: 588

Long Time Crypto Enthousiast

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:44:30 AM

pool owners have their pool in their sig. If they just do a normal post like 'setting up a pool, will see what this coin turns out to' in the topic, It's probably not considered as spam. Problem solved.

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:47:04 AM

pool owners have their pool in their sig. If they just do a normal post like 'setting up a pool, will see what this coin turns out to' in the topic, It's probably not considered as spam. Problem solved.

+1
This is better than hurt eyes with big size font etc.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:49:40 AM

good. fuck pools.

as a trader only i dont give a shit.

ban scamming assholes next is my advice.

mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:51:10 AM

What's next?

But OP has a point. BCT allows has ignored all calls for moderation of altcoin sub-forums and this is the first thing to bring into action? I'd say the pressing issue is multiple accounts and serial scammers more so than the pools clogging up threads with "spam".
Whatever happened to the rule where you couldn't post with a new account until a certain threshold of time and/or newbie introduction?

Multiple accounts are allowed since a "one account" policy is nearly impossible to effectively enforce with TOR, proxies and VPNs circling about, (possible) scams are not moderated forum wide - freedom comes at a price. Newbie jail was abolished. This was changed by bringing in more moderators who moderate Newbie posts site wide (that would be me and hilariousandco) and several older mods were given the ability to moderate Newbie posts as well.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
CoinFinder2

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:55:07 AM

Presumably then any other coin based services need to follow the same rules.

This means:

Exchanges
Gambling Sites
Other Services

All of which profit from the "free service" provided. Many of which also "spam" threads.

PM Coin OP for post in OP thread. Create on post in appropriate sub-forum (marketplace for exchanges maybe?)

Also, posts by "shills" advertising a pool (ie "really  hope <XYZ>pool was here") should be classed as spam, and attempts to circumvent the rules also.

http://www.hashharder.com - check it for this coin
HeadsOrTails

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:56:05 AM

That would be a bit too drastic - this forum does proud itself on freedom of speech. Limiting which coins can be accepted, would leave a lot of room for moderator abuse.

Well what of the requirements that used to be in action where newbie accounts were restricted.
I would wholeheartedly endorse doing something because this isn't a community and it's all altcoins are being traded against bitcoin.
I'd love to be able to read altcoin announcements without newbie accounts spamming support. I'd love to be able to put reputation against coin projects.
The problem here is multiple accounts and not so much pool operators.
All of the hubris and buzz surrounding ANNs is bought up like with USBcoin, which leads to sore losers threatening Bittrex with FBI investigations. Can you imagine the outcome of looking into logs of BCT and finding the IPs showing mass collusion by serial scammers with nothing whatsoever on place to stop the schemes?
I'm not asking for censorship. I'm asking for checks and balances stopping multiple accounts. It's like a gypsy marketplace here and all from clogged up posts by alias newbie accounts.
I understand your reasoning with pools mprep, but
newbie accounts are the issue
silvo

Activity: 196

8pool.dtdns.net OP

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

I think it's fair to block the AD

Best regards

Pool op

Silvo

█████8pool.dtdns.net , multiple algo support █████
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:04:28 PM

Yes, listing available pools in the OP is fine.

That's cool as long as it's allowed to be listed in the OP.  Some pools over advertise and it just adds way too many pages to a thread.

x11-x13-pool

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:05:06 PM

cool
that of 10 coins in the best case 2 is not a Scam! nobody cares (and those 2 are not in a human way to start!!!!!) I spend my time and power, and people spend their money is also no interest. Yes Yes Yes let those think about the flood in the topics!!!! and not about the money spent on the rental of facilities, servers, electricity. I'm tired add coins extracted up to 2 days and then cunt coin!!!

sorry for my English

X11-X13-POOL http://x11-x13-pool.org
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:09:32 PM

mining pools that charge zero fees are the best

x11-x13-pool

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:11:43 PM

yes but scammers coins over the last month we earned 1.78 dollars

it scares

HeadsOrTails

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:13:46 PM

What's next?

Multiple accounts are allowed since a "one account" policy is nearly impossible to effectively enforce with TOR, proxies and VPNs circling about, (possible) scams are not moderated forum wide - freedom comes at a price. Newbie jail was abolished. This was changed by bringing in more moderators who moderate Newbie posts site wide (that would be me and hilariousandco) and several older mods were given the ability to moderate Newbie posts as well.

Very true, it is difficult to police, and I wouldn't even know what to recommend as a solution because any mod would go nuts with the altcoins section of BCT.
No matter the reason, it's a great sign some of the lawlessness is being swept up. As I said I'm on the fence with pool advertising as I don't mine. But it's as good a place as any to start cleaning up so I (we?) appreciate the gesture.
x11-x13-pool

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:23:40 PM

for these three posts was banned for 5 days

excalibur2010

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708747.msg8083296#msg8083296
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711553.msg8082511#msg8082511
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=705384.msg8081313#msg8081313

in my opinion this is nonsense and more like a fight with competitors

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:32:28 PM

Getting added to the OP by requesting the devs via PM is a joke.  It happens maybe 50% of the time, and never quickly.

Not our problem. If a dev wants his coin to succeed he will do everything possible to make sure he does have the pool list included. If he can't be bothered to do that then why would anyone want to bother with it?

So if a pool owner posts his pool in a thread... he will get banned??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Im really sorry I have too say this... But this is NOT the priority you should be looking at right now with all those scamcoins around these days..

But instead of helping the community, by setting stricter rules for coin announcements on here... you worry about poolowners who advertise their pools...

Remove scamcoins? Ok.  *deletes alt currencies*  Grin

We can press one button and ban an account, and remove all it's posts automatically. I don't think it's going to be a problem.

That's part of what prompted this, now it's fair for everyone, instead of some arbitrary rules that nobody is going to remember. Besides, this isn't some special rule just for alt currencies, when is the last time you saw a bitcoin mining pool advertising outside of Mining>Pools? Alt currencies has always received less moderation than the rest of the forum, and probably always will, but the pool spam is crazy and we're tired of dealing with the spam generated. 

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:50:39 PM

Mod: Can we announce when the pool is up and running with the source?, this allows miners to know which pool to choose from at launch.
Also, can we answer miner's questions that usually come up in the thread directed to each of us?

alani123
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Professional googler

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:01:26 PM

BadBear, you should clarify this a bit more. Pool advertising is permited entirely exept only a single post and that't the end? Of pool opperators can still advertise through signatures for example?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:02:55 PM

Mod: Can we announce when the pool is up and running with the source?, this allows miners to know which pool to choose from at launch.
Also, can we answer miner's questions that usually come up in the thread directed to each of us?

Yeah, that sounds fair.  Dev's might not have time to update the OP or they maybe offline at the moment.  Mod, how about only 1 pool advertising per thread?  

sq

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 01:11:34 PM

How about we just make another subforum for altcoin services? Then people can post a thread to their pool and just update it whenever they add a new coin.

sounds good...

Mortimer452

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:13:10 PM

As a pool op I still think this is bullshit for the reasons I mentioned in previous posts.

Sending a PM to the dev/announcer is a crap shoot.  Maybe he'll add it to the OP, maybe he won't.  The only thing guaranteed is that he won't do it fast.  This gives the devs control over what pools are "blessed" enough to be advertised, and us operators who put in the effort to setup a pool might get screwed by not being listed in the OP.  I see a thread where everyone is complaining that all the pools are down, so I bust balls and get one setup - and have to wait on the dev to announce it in the OP?  Maybe never even announce it at all?  Bullshit.

This also opens the door for shady launches where one pool gets 100% of the hashrate, this will of course end up being the pool of the dev's choosing, since being the first one to post "We are up and running" in the thread will no longer be allowed.  So, if I stay up until silly o'clock in the morning to make the launch and be first pool available it might just be for nothing, if the dev decides not to pay attention to his PM's, or decides he likes a different pool better and announces them first.  Bullshit.

During launch, shit happens fast - pool ops need to be able to post status updates and advertise that their pool is working.  Devs already have enough to do and should not have to babysit PM's and continue updating the OP for pool updates, and miners shouldn't have to keep checking back on page 1 to get those updates either.

Banning *ALL* advertisements because of a few spammers is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Don't ban the entire practice of advertising pools - do your job: moderate, and ban those abusing the forum.  If it's a problem (and I agree it is) then try something else, for example:

- Ban the users blatantly and constantly spamming their pools (they are easy to find)
- Limit pool advertisements to 5 lines of 12pt text or less and one 80x80 px image
- Require pool operators to pay a modest annual fee ($20 or so?) allowing them to advertise
- Any combination of the above

Yes - you heard me - I am willing to pay for the right to advertise.  I'm sure others are as well.

EFS
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:14:47 PM

How about we just make another subforum for altcoin services? Then people can post a thread to their pool and just update it whenever they add a new coin.

We already have Mining (Altcoins) board. Pool owners should do their announcements there.

Yes - you heard me - I am willing to pay for the right to advertise.  I'm sure others are as well.

If you want more exposure you can bid on forums ad space.
cassius69

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:20:20 PM

- Require pool operators to pay a modest annual fee ($20 or so?) allowing them to advertise

he is willing to spend $20 a year to advertise....

hahahahaha  Grin

GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 01:34:01 PM

There are some older coins whose original dev has vanished but the coin is still going strong. The people who have taken up the development do not have access to the OP many times and so new pool information cannot be added except in later posts. I know they should probably have started a new thread when the dev abandoned the coin, but there are many older, good coins out there where all of the current pool information is in later posts, just for this reason.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 1680

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:00:03 PM

I have a pool myself and I think it is the right decision.

Here's my bag so you don't ask : Bitcoin, tenX, iexec, byteball and pepecash
rugrats

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:06:59 PM

Sending a PM to the dev/announcer is a crap shoot.  Maybe he'll add it to the OP, maybe he won't.  The only thing guaranteed is that he won't do it fast.  This gives the devs control over what pools are "blessed" enough to be advertised, and us operators who put in the effort to setup a pool might get screwed by not being listed in the OP.  I see a thread where everyone is complaining that all the pools are down, so I bust balls and get one setup - and have to wait on the dev to announce it in the OP?  Maybe never even announce it at all?  Bullshit.

This also opens the door for shady launches where one pool gets 100% of the hashrate, this will of course end up being the pool of the dev's choosing, since being the first one to post "We are up and running" in the thread will no longer be allowed.  So, if I stay up until silly o'clock in the morning to make the launch and be first pool available it might just be for nothing, if the dev decides not to pay attention to his PM's, or decides he likes a different pool better and announces them first.  Bullshit.

Great argument, in parts.

This give scammy devs additional leverage. Pools will have to toe the line or risk being excluded from the OP.
Scam devs are not interested in creating a well-spread hashrate - even a single pool would do for them.
Especially one that doesn't highlight suspicious codes. The past week alone, I've seen three pools giving alerts on weird codes, like this one.
A layer of protection against scam coins is now removed.
cassius69

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

This give scammy devs additional leverage. Pools will have to toe the line or risk being excluded from the OP.
Scam devs are not interested in creating a well-spread hashrate - even a single pool would do for them.
Especially one that doesn't highlight suspicious codes. The past week alone, I've seen three pools giving alerts on weird codes, like this one.

uh, it was setup like that and no scams were prevented...

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

CryptoBE.com - cheap and reliable block explorers

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:12:58 PM

I am not a pool OP and have no intentions to become one.  I still think this rule is mostly unjustified because if I wanted to mine a coin, I usually look at the advertisements on the thread.  I rarely look at the OP because the dev usually never updates the post.  I think pools should be allowed one post in the thread that advertises their pool, but then the rest of the rules can be followed.

CryptoBE   
Cheap and Reliable
Altcoin Block Explorers
     PM Me
  or 
#IRC
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 1680

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:16:53 PM

I am not a pool OP and have no intentions to become one.  I still think this rule is mostly unjustified because if I wanted to mine a coin, I usually look at the advertisements on the thread.  I rarely look at the OP because the dev usually never updates the post.  I think pools should be allowed one post in the thread that advertises their pool, but then the rest of the rules can be followed.

Pool owners are still allowed to create a thread in the alt mining section.
There is also the signature space.

Here's my bag so you don't ask : Bitcoin, tenX, iexec, byteball and pepecash
rugrats

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:26:23 PM

uh, it was setup like that and no scams were prevented...

The argument still stands. This grants greater powers to scam devs.
Pool owners would be more concerned about protecting their rice bowl rather than miners.
After the Elite wallet switcheroo last week and your resulting losses, I'm surprised you'd be in favor of this.
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

It's not nearly as convenient.  I RARELY go to the mining section, and I don't look at people signatures Tongue.  It would just be better if I could see one post of the pool.

CryptoBE   
Cheap and Reliable
Altcoin Block Explorers
     PM Me
  or 
#IRC
SecondsOld

Activity: 364

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:54:17 PM

This is NOT a solution.  When a coin launches miners want to know what pools are available for THAT SPECIFIC COIN.  Why should someone have to go to the mining section and look through each post to see if they can find a pool that happens to be set up for a coin they are interested in mining?  The information they are looking for is not about the pool, it is about the COIN.  Therefore, the information should be posted in the COIN thread.  I am not a pool operator, but I am really frustrated by this new rule.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:55:53 PM

just advertise your pool in your sig, like every other adv
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

I've simply updated my main pools page (https:///www.suprnova.cc) where you find all Suprnova Pools and also added Twitter..

So if you add these too things, you'll always get the latest suprnova pools and news.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:08:19 PM

I've simply updated my main pools page (https:///www.suprnova.cc) where you find all Suprnova Pools and also added Twitter..

So if you add these too things, you'll always get the latest suprnova pools and news.

Security certificate is expired
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 03:11:32 PM

thanks for the info, fixed ! Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
hash77away

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:13:55 PM

Yup, twitter is the way.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6iaE1S1iYBynTmadBPMTwPyQLxZ76o3P7
cryptoangel

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

thanks for the info, fixed ! Smiley

Supported.

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:24:28 PM

>>Why should someone have to go to the mining section and look through each post to see if they can find a pool that happens to be set up for a coin they are interested in mining?

I guess the coin creator can create an announcement tread for their coin and start another Coin thread in the Mining Section for their pools. Then you would just look for the coin you want to mine and all of the pool would be listed in that thread.

I'm also in favor for one pool post in the thread when they come online the first day of mining. Not one post a week later after the coin has been being mined.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
jt7382

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

hallelujah

HALLELUJAH
appooler

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:02:57 PM

I am a pool op, and I actually support this.

Listen, I've seen many pool ops post large image advertisements of their pool. This advertisement would then get quoted countless times. That definitely spam's up a thread.

There are other ways to advertise a new pool, like SuprNova just posted, the main page of the pool op's website, and a twitter feed.

However, I do think mod's should also do something about the FUD spreaders, don't just come down on the pool ops.

NIMBUS POOL: http://nimbus.altpooler.com/
flound1129

Activity: 854

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:21:52 PM

This is ridiculous.  You do nothing to stop the endless flow of scammy shitcoins, but people posting USEFUL INFORMATION about what pools are available for a coin is now somehow a problem?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
mine2slow

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:29:37 PM

Yep!  Grin
flound1129

Activity: 854

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:32:59 PM

Yep!  Grin

Just because a pool is advertised in someone's sig doesn't mean they support a particular coin.

In my case, should I list all 50 coins I support in my sig?  That would get obnoxious fast.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
bigreddmachine

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

Is it okay for a coin developer to create a thread in the Mining section called "How to mine MySpecialCoin" or whatever, and link to it in the Coin's Announcement thread as a place for pool operators to post if they add support for the coin?  It consolidates posts into two places then for the coin: (1) Announcement post for all the discussion and needed info and FUD and whatever else someone wants to post, and (2) Mining post where pools can post, as can folks working on new mining software or hardware that impacts that coin.

Seems like an okay solution.  My worry with relying on the Dev/Dev Team is that a decentralized system all of a sudden becomes much more centralized.
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 06:45:51 PM

As a pool op I still think this is bullshit for the reasons I mentioned in previous posts.

During launch, shit happens fast - pool ops need to be able to post status updates and advertise that their pool is working.  Devs already have enough to do and should not have to babysit PM's and continue updating the OP for pool updates, and miners shouldn't have to keep checking back on page 1 to get those updates either.

Banning *ALL* advertisements because of a few spammers is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Don't ban the entire practice of advertising pools - do your job: moderate, and ban those abusing the forum.  If it's a problem (and I agree it is) then try something else, for example:

- Ban the users blatantly and constantly spamming their pools (they are easy to find)
- Limit pool advertisements to 5 lines of 12pt text or less and one 80x80 px image
- Any combination of the above

+1 I agree with you 100%. This is our job, and sending PMs to coin devs is useless most of the times.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1470

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:01:13 PM

cool !
this shows you guys care.
maybe for your *own reasons though hahaha

it makes sense to me (my 2 cents)

guys their forum database here must be getting huge Sad
i said long ago these post spammers are going to force this forum to clamp down sooner or later with more and more rules..
it's commons sense really

action causes bloat then it has to be stemmed or dealt with in some way.. sooner or later
and we can bitch about HOW they have to stem the tide but regardless they have to do something.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:07:51 PM

Listen, I've seen many pool ops post large image advertisements of their pool. This advertisement would then get quoted countless times. That definitely spam's up a thread.

There are other ways to advertise a new pool, like SuprNova just posted, the main page of the pool op's website, and a twitter feed.

However, I do think mod's should also do something about the FUD spreaders, don't just come down on the pool ops.

FUD is healthy and needed if there is a free for all scam environment..
funny you say they should so something about FUD'ers and NOT the scammers LOLOLOL
that is a coin cloners desperate little attempt to cry for protection for your shit coin cloning here i think.

guys don't forget half these coin cloners run pools too..
how else do you think they collect those bounties LOL

and if anyone thinks i just said that because i am trying to cover my own behavior i am not..
i rarely ever post on coins in the ANN section and i actually try and leave them alone ..no matter how scammy they are.
simply because my posts will not do anything but bloat the forum.. and it won't do any good
AND i don't want to bump their crap coin topics for them hahha

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:11:56 PM

+1 Pool ops need to be allowed to post at least ONCE on a thread, if it's more than one post then treat it as Spam and punish it, but doing this you're only affecting our jobs. Please reconsider this decision.

SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:14:48 PM

+1 Pool ops need to be allowed to post at least ONCE on a thread, if it's more than one post then treat it as Spam and punish it, but doing this you're only affecting our jobs. Please reconsider this decision.

Agree 1000%!!!  Pool operators need to be able to post once in a thread.  Even if it's just stating that their pool is up and running.

alani123
Legendary

Professional googler

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:49:42 PM

Seeing flound1129 coming to post here stating that he finds this new rule ridiculous I'm starting to think that it might be the most controversial rule addition bitcointalk ever had. I'm not sure if this was a univeral decision, but I can't see a way that all members of the staff would agree to this. In fact, I personally had never seen a single person complaining about updates posted by pools. They were a really small chunk of what is beeing marked as spam. And in fact, pools are a public service. Operators rely on a (usually never more than 2%) fee to maintain them. Many of them are putting out incredible efforts and deliver amazing results for the miners. It's going to be the first time I'm coming out as a rule, but I agree with flound1129. This decision not only is ridiculous, but bans the kind of posts that were some of the most usefull among the spam. Who is going to get harmed by a single update if it's in the right section? Even if it's advertising, updates about pools adding coins are really useful if you're a miner. I'm sure most of us will know what I'm talking about. If you've ever mined you know why you need to be there as early as possible. Throw your hash to a pool before the big guns arrive. etc. etc.

This new rule is bad because not only it's going to make a mine's life harder, but it's also going to favor the older and bigger pools. This way making distributed mining for smaller coins harder. Oh and please, tell me how much spam is this rule saving us from? I understand this rule sounds somewhat reasonable, but some of those updates were actually usefull! I'm saying that there's no reason for this rule to exist, I know you'll disagree. But beeing so strict about this is not giving more to this community rather than what it takes away from it.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

In other words, "we will delete things that no longer work on this board, rather than fix them"  Roll Eyes

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
davisgreen

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:28:16 PM

Ban sockpuppet newbie accounts.

newbie accounts can only post on certain forums for 14 -30 days (and not on altcoin ann threads- to drastically reduce the spam and baseless fud on these threads)

Please save us.

Thanks

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
cassius69

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:33:07 PM

newbie accounts can only post on certain forums for 14 -30 days (and not on altcoin ann threads- to drastically reduce the spam and baseless fud on these threads)

Please save us.

Thanks

youre a newb, newb.

btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:36:42 PM

I think banning pools from advertising in threads is too harsh. There should be rules about how they are presented and how often they are posted maybe, but an outright ban? It's not the right solution.
getmining.info

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:11:54 PM

Good!

Please save us.

Thanks

Next, this. Please.

All views are my own, except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
Jayson6969

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:50:41 PM

make your own forum guys and allow ANN on it, you don't have to use bitcointalk, I'm sure you guys can come up with a reddit type announce type site and pool ads and such
CoinFinder2

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:51:02 PM

Ok....

So, please mod the following:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702380.msg8126676#msg8126676

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reporttm;topic=702380.193;msg=8126309

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reporttm;topic=702380.185;msg=8126140

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=reporttm;topic=702380.184;msg=8126043

Rivrcoin thread - "Flashmine"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=719466.msg8127253#msg8127253

HashHot
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=719466.msg8127303#msg8127303

LightningHash
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715696.msg8119179#msg8119179 - is this one OK?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715696.msg8118350#msg8118350

PoolPE
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715696.msg8118677#msg8118677

MinerPools
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=719466.msg8128504#msg8128504

http://www.hashharder.com - check it for this coin
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:52:03 PM

Good!

Please save us.

Thanks

Next, this. Please.

Could go a step further. Not allow ANN's to be posted by new posters without a decent post count and history...
Jayson6969

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:54:25 PM

Also if you guys are gonna ban pool might as well ban exchanges from posting because they post as much as pool op's do.
ipominer
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:57:52 PM

I'm a bit biased, being a pool owner, but I think *excessive* advertising is the issue. Many pools post huge ads and spam them multiple times a page, which is bad. I usually post a single, concise message in a thread that we've added a coin to our pool, which I wouldn't classify quite the same way and would expect many people find useful.

If the rule is going to remain as-is, it should also apply to advertising by ALL service providers in threads then, like exchanges, mining rental sites, cloud mining sites, ASIC hardware companies, etc. There's a lot of spam from those sources.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO BitPanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:00:37 PM

I like this very much. Nearly every thread of new coins is cluttered with " Mine at XXXXXXX best thing blah blah"

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 1694

GUNBOT Licenses -20% with ref. code 'GrumpyKitty'

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:47:54 PM

Seeing flound1129 coming to post here stating that he finds this new rule ridiculous I'm starting to think that it might be the most controversial rule addition bitcointalk ever had. I'm not sure if this was a univeral decision, but I can't see a way that all members of the staff would agree to this. In fact, I personally had never seen a single person complaining about updates posted by pools. They were a really small chunk of what is beeing marked as spam. And in fact, pools are a public service. Operators rely on a (usually never more than 2%) fee to maintain them. Many of them are putting out incredible efforts and deliver amazing results for the miners. It's going to be the first time I'm coming out as a rule, but I agree with flound1129. This decision not only is ridiculous, but bans the kind of posts that were some of the most usefull among the spam. Who is going to get harmed by a single update if it's in the right section? Even if it's advertising, updates about pools adding coins are really useful if you're a miner. I'm sure most of us will know what I'm talking about. If you've ever mined you know why you need to be there as early as possible. Throw your hash to a pool before the big guns arrive. etc. etc.

This new rule is bad because not only it's going to make a mine's life harder, but it's also going to favor the older and bigger pools. This way making distributed mining for smaller coins harder. Oh and please, tell me how much spam is this rule saving us from? I understand this rule sounds somewhat reasonable, but some of those updates were actually usefull! I'm saying that there's no reason for this rule to exist, I know you'll disagree. But beeing so strict about this is not giving more to this community rather than what it takes away from it.
You do realize that any advertise that they do, they are doing it for free here? You can't really complain if there are some restrictions since it is still free.
Some forums do no allow any advertising whatsoever.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
defaced
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:45:20 AM

Praise jesus

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CorpEXPANSETokenlabEXREXP.LIFEFranko Is Freedom
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 01:51:44 AM

You do realize that any advertise that they do, they are doing it for free here? You can't really complain if there are some restrictions since it is still free.
Some forums do no allow any advertising whatsoever.

You do realize that pools not only provide a service for low fees for all the miners but that this is also our main job and some of us have families and all?
I understand and it makes complete sense to stop the SPAM on forums, however, pool should be allowed to announce our pools at least once, this allows miners to know which pools are available and they can decide to go to. Devs never add a pool on time, they usually take so long (and most miners don't even look at the OP in full) that pools in general will get a huge loss because of this new rule.
It's not advertising nor spam when a pool announces on a thread, at least not on the first post, if anything should be forbidden is several posts with large fonts and graphics, but not a simple single announcement on a thread.
This is something that needs to be given proper thought and planning, pools are a very important part of crypto and should not be attacked like this.

halicarton

Activity: 409

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:12:20 AM

It's really good for the futrue of our forum. Grin

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

@scambuster

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:57:54 AM

Sick of scaming pools,bla bla bla.I support.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:23:07 AM

Not a bad idea if you ask me. Some of these pools jump on any and every coin - even the obvious scams. This can be somewhat misleading to people who are looking for a viable coin to mine and may not have enough knowledge to determine that for themselves; 10 pool listings in a couple of pages of posts might appear to be a 'good' coin, but that may not be the case. This is probably a factor that contributes to pump and dumps. And of course all that does is foster the creation of more shit/scam coins - vicious cycle.

soaples

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:13:41 AM

agreed..we hate spammers as much as scammers!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:40:25 AM

i see how this sucks for Pool op's
but i have complained about this problem exactly on topics before..
it gets REALLY bad sometimes just trying to find info on a coin when a pile of pool op's are competing with spam posts.

but i do see a little of it as being useful.. tough call i guess.

it should be pointed out that Pool op's can have an ANN page in the mining section.
so they are not banned entirely (if i got what was said properly by Bear ?)

i already had a bunch bookmarked like ipominer's or miningpoolhub's pool pages.
and i have countless times told guys to go talk on those topics too because people hijack coin topics for pool support.

it's their forum they can do what they want..
and the earlier suggestions have already been addressed all over the forum countless times.
such as Make a rule noobs can't post.. it's been discussed a lot !
like here.. Petition to introduce minimum activity count for ANN thread starters

and about FUD.. i can speculate a bit on the staff's position on this i think.
I don't think they mind it if it's apart of a discussion or debate of sorts.
behavior that is clearly out of line will earn you a ban though !

you guys may not ever see it but people get banned ALL the time !
I don't have a problem with so called FUD'ing ..i like seeing criticism.
raising doubt and fear etc is sort of reasonable considering there is a 1,000 clone coins..
and there has been countless confirmed scams and malware posted either on the initial wallet or on updates way later..
So if you consider the context of all this stuff, yeah i think FUD is fine and actually a healthy part of it all.

A guy was so called FUD'ing jackpot (which i support) for example and everyone was getting all mad..
i can see everyone name calling and wanting a ban or what ever.
and i said i agree with the guy and i see what he is saying and i explained rationally why i chose to get involved with the coin..
i tried to talk it out with the guy basically.. he raised valid criticism and i can't deny it.. although everyone else did out of defensive fanboyism lol
he left right after i talked to him by the way..
I don't see any harm in FUD.

There is worse types of other behavior here i think than FUD'ers.
And the king of them all is shell / dummy accounts created for pretending to be many people liking a new coin etc.
One guy here i seen before admitted to making 60 accounts to advertise his clone coin(s).
And these guys use these account to fight on the forum too !
Knowing if they get banned for bad behavior they can jump to 59 other accounts.. at least i think so, i don't know if this place IP bans people.

I got banned 2x before..
i think once for 5 days and once for 10 days i think. i was given an auto msg at next login that said "Trolling" or "Spamming"
I say that to warn people.. they will ban you and often it's a bit delayed.
And if the FUD 'is' out of control there may be a good reason.. if there 'is' no good reason then i bet they 'will' ban the guy for trolling.
Just trying to say they are watching.. and there is rules.. and people will be banned LOL

rather than banning FUD'ers i'd like to see people banned for Fanboyism and Cheer-leading Scam Coins !
Spamming this forum for attention is big business and is Tool no.1 to the coin cloners besides GitHub of course lol

MineP.it

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:09:03 AM

I see good and bad points from this.

The good mainly being that it might help to get rid of a lot of the "fly by night" pools that don't really offer much and/or are scams. Plus it stops some pools from over spamming threads.

The bad..

It's really going to centralize the altcoin sector much more than it already is. Smaller pools, like ourselves, struggle to get many workers as it is, and I'm guessing it's going to be much, much less from this point forwards. We HAVE to keep reminding users in threads that our pool is there, and the features we offer, or we simply don't get noticed. For example, our pool charges 0.75% for fees, which is one of the lowest around.. but in most OPs you won't see that detail - only in our ad where we list our main advantages.

What I can see happening is basically the hashrate on the few big pools, Dedicated, Suprnova, Suchpool etc, is going to increase and all the other pools are going to get fewer and fewer workers.

Why not make it so each pool can post once in each thread with their ad.. any more than once and it's spam. I don't see the problem with allowing one "ad" each. It's still not ideal for smaller pools like us but it's a bit of a compromise at least.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
sisx2007

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:27:01 AM

How about IPO is no longer allowed.So many scammers!
wartywarlock

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:32:29 AM

Considering it's using SMF, they could also, you know, implement many of the mods available. Like good post/bad post, karma anything. So many options, such lazy devs...if you keep saying "if you don't like it, go to reddit" um.. yeah. Guess what..

HeadsOrTails

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:33:52 AM

FUD is healthy and needed if there is a free for all scam environment..
funny you say they should so something about FUD'ers and NOT the scammers LOLOLOL
that is a coin cloners desperate little attempt to cry for protection for your shit coin cloning here i think.

guys don't forget half these coin cloners run pools too..
how else do you think they collect those bounties LOL

and if anyone thinks i just said that because i am trying to cover my own behavior i am not..
i rarely ever post on coins in the ANN section and i actually try and leave them alone ..no matter how scammy they are.
simply because my posts will not do anything but bloat the forum.. and it won't do any good
AND i don't want to bump their crap coin topics for them hahha

Well put. I actually can see the logic to this now...
If a dev can't answer a pm, then it's a scam. In fact, this is probably one of the best ways to nip the whole "48 hour dev" thing in the bud.
As for censoring FUD ... That's ridiculous, FUD as some call it is what I call UD ... If you don't have uncertainty and doubt over a coin promising the world and pushing for 24 hour pow times then you're the bigger fool.
My concern is by targeting mining pools though, it's going to accelerate ICOs and the like. Take a look at GroupCoin for example... Promising "fair distribution" but has NO POW PHASE. All ICO sales.
HeadsOrTails

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:35:34 AM

Indeed, look at this... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703610.0
Full ICO.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:51:40 AM

Indeed, look at this... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703610.0
Full ICO.
That guy had balls to post with his real account.

n3rfherder

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:08:36 PM

I am so glad the onslaught of mining pool advertising has been dealt with!  Roll Eyes

I mean...how did we ever make it through a thread without seeing WHAT FUCKING POOLS WERE AVAILABLE?!?!

Sarcasm aside...this is a dumb fucking idea when there are obviously other things to be dealt with.
cassius69

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:23:39 PM

^^^
  get rid of the bigass sig files next please.

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:27:53 PM

The good mainly being that it might help to get rid of a lot of the "fly by night" pools that don't really offer much and/or are scams. Plus it stops some pools from over spamming threads.

The bad..

It's really going to centralize the altcoin sector much more than it already is. Smaller pools, like ourselves, struggle to get many workers as it is, and I'm guessing it's going to be much, much less from this point forwards. We HAVE to keep reminding users in threads that our pool is there, and the features we offer, or we simply don't get noticed. For example, our pool charges 0.75% for fees, which is one of the lowest around.. but in most OPs you won't see that detail - only in our ad where we list our main advantages.

What I can see happening is basically the hashrate on the few big pools, Dedicated, Suprnova, Suchpool etc, is going to increase and all the other pools are going to get fewer and fewer workers.

Why not make it so each pool can post once in each thread with their ad.. any more than once and it's spam. I don't see the problem with allowing one "ad" each. It's still not ideal for smaller pools like us but it's a bit of a compromise at least.
+1 This would be a whole lot better.

SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:55:34 PM

The bad..

+1 This would be a whole lot better.

+2.  This should be the compromise and the solution.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

The bad..

i was thinking of the one post idea too.. sounds reasonable to me.
also utilize your Sig here guy Wink
you mentioned pool "details" but did not put those details in your sig lol

MineP.it

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:12:15 PM

The bad..

i was thinking of the one post idea too.. sounds reasonable to me.
also utilize your Sig here guy Wink
you mentioned pool "details" but did not put those details in your sig lol

Good call  Wink

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
ThePeePs

Activity: 434

LLAP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

A few thoughts as both a pool op and a miner.

Pools should be allowed to post ONCE per thread that they are going to support the coin in the thread, any more they should be banned. I don't feel that just posting in the thread talking about the coin, hoping others read their sig to check the pool's mining thread is fair at all.  I agree that the huge pool posts, and pool spamming needed to stop, but this rule takes it to the extreme is is too far.

Second, if a coin is having an issue (blockchain fork, hard fork, etc) pools should be able to post in the thread to say the have updated to the new code, are now on the correct fork, etc.  Having to jump between the coin's ann thread and the pools mining thread when there's an issue will do more harm then good to the miner's trying to get info on where to mine. 

Putting the dev in charge of updating the OP is bad for two reasons (already stated, but needs to be said again).  This allows the dev way to much power in what pools he/she wants to have support the coin, and could make or break a pool depending on if the coin is successful and the dev decides not to list it, or didn't see the pool's PM.  During a launch, the dev should be concentrating on making sure the coin and it's network are operating as expected, and not having to check their PM's every 5 min to see if pool want's to support the coin or not. The dev has enough to worry about already and this will only make their job that much harder. (the good dev's that is)

What about multipool's who's soul purpose is to support that coin?  Are they allowed to post update, etc, or does it too need to have it's own tread in the mining section?

Get Free BTC  - QoinPro  |  My P2Pool Nodes (CAT) ANN Thread
CAT:      9rNerHqUTcoLPGtiUxiR3L6onAxe1MRBst
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:06:04 PM

A few thoughts as both a pool op and a miner.

Pools should be allowed to post ONCE per thread that they are going to support the coin in the thread, any more they should be banned. I don't feel that just posting in the thread talking about the coin, hoping others read their sig to check the pool's mining thread is fair at all.  I agree that the huge pool posts, and pool spamming needed to stop, but this rule takes it to the extreme is is too far.

Second, if a coin is having an issue (blockchain fork, hard fork, etc) pools should be able to post in the thread to say the have updated to the new code, are now on the correct fork, etc.  Having to jump between the coin's ann thread and the pools mining thread when there's an issue will do more harm then good to the miner's trying to get info on where to mine. 

Putting the dev in charge of updating the OP is bad for two reasons (already stated, but needs to be said again).  This allows the dev way to much power in what pools he/she wants to have support the coin, and could make or break a pool depending on if the coin is successful and the dev decides not to list it, or didn't see the pool's PM.  During a launch, the dev should be concentrating on making sure the coin and it's network are operating as expected, and not having to check their PM's every 5 min to see if pool want's to support the coin or not. The dev has enough to worry about already and this will only make their job that much harder. (the good dev's that is)

What about multipool's who's soul purpose is to support that coin?  Are they allowed to post update, etc, or does it too need to have it's own tread in the mining section?

Good points. This is definitely more advantageous for the larger pools. I'm not sure of the process, but I've seen pools listed on the very first announcement. Maybe they reached out to the coin dev after the pre announcement?

cassius69

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

pools ops were drowning the forum in spam.  Grin

ThePeePs

LLAP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:44:50 PM

I agree, many were posting sometimes two times per page, and it was very obnoxious and it does need to stop.  But not letting them post ONCE in the thread that they are going to support a coin, or being allow to post updates when they are needed is not what is needed to curb the spam.

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:53:05 PM

I agree, many were posting sometimes two times per page, and it was very obnoxious and it does need to stop.  But not letting them post ONCE in the thread that they are going to support a coin, or being allow to post updates when they are needed is not what is needed to curb the spam.

I agree, pools need to be allowed to post at least ONCE to announce the pool's services. And TROLLS are definitely spamming the forums, they need to be banned too.

mycryptocoin

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:41:59 PM

I don't like that rule at all. Why not just limit pool announcements to one post/thread? Was this decision made by only one mod? This rule has almost no advantages, coin devs, miners and pools all profit from non spammy announcements. Boo! Veto!

whywefight

Activity: 910

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:42:46 PM

lol, bitcointalk.org - we dont deal with scam but with ads... made my day!

ThePeePs

LLAP

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:08:36 AM

This is the kind of thing that should be banned... just saw it on three different threads.  And looking at their post history they put it on many other threads too..

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

Yes, report spam like that as well.

mouseman

Activity: 264

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:56:51 AM

Thumbs down. And I don't have any affiliation with any pool now or in the past... ever.
SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 02:05:52 AM

+1

+2.  Very well said and I think it echos the sentiments of the majority.

lobo13hf

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

thumbs up

Kiss ass.

is like powerfull country s once its people start speaking the true they shutthem up, i though Crypto World was for freedom...

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:20:06 AM

new coin, 2 pools listed in op that don't work, dev isn't online to look at his pm and add more pools

am i now expected to go to mining section and click on every pool topic and see if they added this coin? fuck that i got work in 10 minutes

it seems that nobody wants this so why is it going ahead? let pool operator post ONE TIME it doesnt affect you in any way

after 10 years i am sick of moderated forums

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:30:47 AM

Exchange spam can be bad too !

when this guy posted.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg7447089#msg7447089
i laughed so hard LOL

it's a fake coin topic i made in the nooby section / jail back when you had to post in there first.
it was pretty much my first post here and there was never any real intention or actual files.
Although "Zack" had cleaned up deleting negative posts that i found funny and pm'd me "in case i was serious" lol
I thought it was funny because my fake psuedo-ann topic had all rael info copied from real coins and real people
and the part where i said i quit my job to "do altcoins" was taken from a well known Cryptsy user who said that to me on chat.
ok i am gettin' side tracked ROFL's LOL

Point being is that the exchange Comkort posted on that link earlier they added my coin.. my coin didn't exist !
and when i did a search i found the guy had spammed that same comment / post all over the forum.

alani123
Legendary

Professional googler

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:23:19 AM

So a new coin was released today and this was one of the first replies to the ann post.
2 listed pools don't work and i can't find others because of the rule that pool owners arent allowed to advertise, guess i have no way to mine this

This makes want to ask, If a pool op stepped in and answered to this with a link to his working pool would this also be considered advertising?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
s4sq

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:52:15 AM

Don't forget to add your coin to our AltCoinCalendar!

http://shrani.si/f/3l/tb/ArziDDA/altcoincalendar250x90ban.png
   - Free countdown page
   - All coin informations at one place
   - Audience you’re targeting

PS: Add your coin even if it was already released. Only coins that will be on site will profit from new functionality we are working on.

This is the kind of thing that should be banned... just saw it on three different threads.  And looking at their post history they put it on many other threads too..

HAH you are funny. Looks like this is not forum. Because you can"t inform coin owner so he adds his coin for free no payment or % from them and he will get better recognition.

Like saddampbuh said. You can"t post once to topic so you inform coin owner about the thing how you can help with recognition. I am not getting any % from it so....  Stupid rule.
And yea it was posted once to each coin that was not on our site, not to every coin. People are looking for specifications and everything and owners need places where their coin can be found. Why the f.... are they then adding their coins to our site? Because its usefull it has a lot of information that is otherwise hard to find.

Posting once should be alowed!!

tylerderden

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:13:05 AM

this is fucked. but on that note, my sig is for rent. lifetime no fees and its yours.

starting to think that bitcointak needs replaced with something better, cause this is just stupid.
s4sq

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:16:48 AM

this is fucked. but on that note, my sig is for rent. lifetime no fees and its yours.

starting to think that bitcointak needs replaced with something better, cause this is just stupid.
Yea it needs to be replaced.
MineP.it

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

I'll take that offer up Smiley

mitzie
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 902

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:34:50 PM

Listing available pools in the OP is fine.

I really don't understand why people grumble about this... Pool Operators can contact the coin dev and ask to include a link to their pool in the OP. Problem Solved!
SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 02:41:33 PM

I really don't understand why people grumble about this... Pool Operators can contact the coin dev and ask to include a link to their pool in the OP. Problem Solved!

No, the problem is not solved.  Dev's are not online 24/7.  Not all devs are responsive.  This allows the dev to only accept their favorite pools and accept payoffs.  This does not spread the hash.  This does not allow miners to mine until/if the dev updates the OP.  Not even close to a solution...more like a de-lution.

cassius69

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:01:40 PM

bitcointalk is considered a malicious link on twitter.

they gotta do something i guess.

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:16:06 PM

No, the problem is not solved.  Dev's are not online 24/7.  Not all devs are responsive.  This allows the dev to only accept their favorite pools and accept payoffs.  This does not spread the hash.  This does not allow miners to mine until/if the dev updates the OP.  Not even close to a solution...more like a de-lution.

True, a lot of devs take too long to add a pool if they ever do anyway, this could only lead to centralization. The best solution would be to simply allow pool ops to be able to post at least ONCE.

alani123
Legendary

Professional googler

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:28:01 PM

bitcointalk is considered a malicious link on twitter.

they gotta do something i guess.

Nah, I guess it's because twitter is trying to completely noob proof their website. You have no idea how many "non computer savy" people use it. Since bitcointalk doesn't filter posts, some of them are going to be scams.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

I've edited the OP to make it a bit more general and cover all service related spam, which includes pools.

merc82

Activity: 353

Owner of MiningRigRentals

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:57:52 PM

I've edited the OP to make it a bit more general and cover all service related spam, which includes pools.

I guess now we -want- self moderated threads for coin announcements Sad

I agree that the advertisement spam has gotten out of control, but can we at least post a one liner -once- in a coin thread? No images/etc? Just something along the lines of ______________ has added this coin

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!
Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
altpooler

Activity: 123

Developer & Pool Operator | AltPooler.com

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

If a new coin is released, and I create a pool for it, am I allowed to post just one time to inform miners that a pool has been setup? eg: "pool is up at: pool url here"

Or is that classified as advertising spam?

GlobalBoost-Y (BSTY) Pool: http://bsty.altpooler.com
Gapcoin - The largest, decentralized prime gap search https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.0

Beta launch of our new mining pool is currently scheduled for January 5, 2015.

We will feature Unitus merged mining for the yescrypt algorithm upon launch.

If you are a CPU miner and would like to help test our yescrypt merged mining implementation, please send me a PM for stratum connection details.
SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:43:48 PM

If a new coin is released, and I create a pool for it, am I allowed to post just one time to inform miners that a pool has been setup? eg: "pool is up at: pool url here"

That's got to be okay.  If that's considered "advertising spam" then this rule is beyond ridiculous.

alani123
Legendary

Professional googler

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

That's got to be okay.  If that's considered "advertising spam" then this rule is beyond ridiculous.

I second that. The reason I said I'm against this is because it was unclear. If information such classifies as advertising according to the rule then this this is bringing ridiculousness to a new level.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
s4sq

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:06:29 PM

No that is not allowed. Alteast thats why our was banned.
altpooler

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:18:59 PM

That's got to be okay.  If that's considered "advertising spam" then this rule is beyond ridiculous.

3 of my posts have been deleted without explanation already and they each were simple "pool is up at ..." posts...if there were guidelines, I would follow them, but there is a lack of information of what is or is not allowed.

Gapcoin - The largest, decentralized prime gap search https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.0

If you are a CPU miner and would like to help test our yescrypt merged mining implementation, please send me a PM for stratum connection details.
merc82

Activity: 353

Owner of MiningRigRentals

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:28:03 PM

I agree that the advertisement spam has gotten out of control, but can we at least post a one liner -once- in a coin thread? No images/etc? Just something along the lines of ______________ has added this coin

Can we get an answer on this?

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!
Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
gabol1

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:56:05 PM

well all come to this forum to find informations... and with all restrictions you will kill this forum... No informations == no users...  Keep up "good" work

⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠  Best altcoin calendar & news  ⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠
⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠     www.altcoincalendar.info    ⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠⎠
SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:29:09 PM

I think the keyword is advertising "SPAM" is not allowed.  If it is highly related and pertinent to the coin, it should not be viewed as spam.

Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:56:20 PM

Why doen't Bitcointalk focus on scams more?

THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM HERE.

rugrats

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:57:50 PM

As of now, no. It will be considered as spam.

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

BTC since 2014, CHI since 2017

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 08:37:02 PM

This rule really sucks.
As a miner I want to see pools I can mine at instead of having to go into another section.
Pool operators should be able to at least tell people about their pools once in the coin's thread.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:38:34 PM

Forums turning to shit because of mods doing the exact opposite of the Crypto ideology

██████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████
   .HealthyWormCoin.   |     Twitter
Explorer
   |       YouTube
Worm Shop
The worms need your help to grow!
mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:06:47 PM

Why doen't Bitcointalk focus on scams more?

THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM HERE.

Because moderating scams gives a lot of room for abuse for staff and moderating scams gives people a false sense of security, while some scams are practically impossible to verify as such due to lack of evidence.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

Well, a mod just deleted this post:

"BigBangCoin added to http://bbc.minerpools.com - Dev, please add it to the OP.

Thank you."

How in the world can this be considered spam and get deleted but we can still have Carsen creating scam coins every week and nothing happens?

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:27:14 AM

+1 Mods: Why do you keep ignoring this question?. I believe over 6 people have already asked the same question...

alani123
Legendary

Professional googler

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:32:37 AM

+1 Mods: Why do you keep ignoring this question?. I believe over 6 people have already asked the same question...

I feel like the last time people were getting banned for spamming. Mods had agreed to not give out clear guidelines of what is considered spam or not just so spammers still end up getting a ban. This resulted in some pretty weird situations and also didn't seem to be fixing the problem. I'm not sure if they're going to follow the same tactic again after the massive fail it had last time.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:51:26 AM

+1
The mods are not replying - I am supporting the removal of this rule even more.  For example, when we make a service available, most devs nowadays do not reply to PMs.  How are we supposed to let them know of the service?  The removal of a post on here earlier about a pool being available just infuriated me.  

CryptoBE   
Cheap and Reliable
Altcoin Block Explorers
     PM Me
  or 
#IRC
EFS
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:56:40 AM

Last days a lot of pool spammers banned, (we are talking about this type of spamming) so this rule is necessary for anti-spam policy. I fully support the new rule. It's better than completely removing altcoin board.
SecondsOld

Mr. First Alert!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:11:07 AM

Last days a lot of pool spammers banned, (we are talking about this type of spamming) so this rule is necessary for anti-spam policy. I fully support the new rule. It's better than completely removing altcoin board.

I think we can all agree that the spamming you have linked is excessive and inappropriate.  That said, it is completely different then a pool operator setting up a pool for a new coin and notifying miners in the coin thread. 

hascoin

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:26:55 AM

nice,we should say no to the spam.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Coingrab

Got to get them all!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:11:29 AM

It's a bit heavy handed. Pool ops and exchanges should be allowed one post in that specific coin thread. Spam is by definition repeating the same message over and over. If it's a 1 off post then it's not spamming.

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 03:57:19 AM

I think we can all agree that the spamming you have linked is excessive and inappropriate.  That said, it is completely different then a pool operator setting up a pool for a new coin and notifying miners in the coin thread. 

+1 That's an example of Spamming, and I think that most of us agree here that if a pool op or an exchange announces they've just added a coin (without the ann being a huge advertising gig) then it won't be spam by definition.

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1032

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:39:04 AM

agreed. this rule is completely bullshit
aust7.7

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:53:28 AM

agree,it's good for all of us.good job!
MineP.it

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:20:13 AM

That's not even a pool

EFS
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

That's not even a pool

Rule is not only about pools. Advertising spam is not allowed.
MineP.it

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:57:29 AM

That's not even a pool

OK so the way you've reworded the title and OP you are saying that we can post once about a pool / exchange / other service but just not spam it?

Is that correct?

evtrmm

Activity: 378

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:21:20 AM

Can we add a stupidity not allowed rule?
mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:25:48 AM

That's not even a pool

OK so the way you've reworded the title and OP you are saying that we can post once about a pool / exchange / other service but just not spam it?

Is that correct?
No, you can't advertise your service, be it a pool, a marketplace, etc., in other threads (that includes coin announcements). Make your own thread in the appropriate board and PM OP to add it to the main post.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST ▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
100megahashbrown

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:04:12 PM

Can we add a stupidity not allowed rule?

what the?
altpooler

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:10:51 PM

That's not even a pool

Is that correct?
No, you can't advertise your service, be it a pool, a marketplace, etc., in other threads (that includes coin announcements). Make your own thread in the appropriate board and PM OP to add it to the main post.

Please, clarify what is classified as advertising in terms of pools. This general rule has no guidelines and posts are being removed without explanation.

Examples of what is OK and what is NOT OK would be extremely helpful.

There is a time factor when new coins are released. If I create a pool I want to inform miners as soon as possible. If I must wait for the dev to add my pool to the OP, miners have to wait as well.

It's in the benefit of both miners and pool ops, for pool ops to be allowed to post an unstyled 1 liner linking to their pool. Unstyled meaning no altering of how the text looks in a post.

Did the ones who spilled their screen filling banners all over threads ruin it for us all?

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:30:19 PM

So coins launch, now pool ops cant post about their pools having the coin .

Coin gets raped by a select few who either own or rent mega hash at the start, leaving the small fish trying to solo and not getting anything.

Smart power I tell ya..... NOT.

I can understand putting LIMITS on something like this, but to outright say none of it allowed is just crazy.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Lauda
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 07:33:24 PM

Coin gets raped by a select few who either own or rent mega hash at the start, leaving the small fish trying to solo and not getting anything.

I can understand putting LIMITS on something like this, but to outright say none of it allowed is just crazy.
What are you talking about? Advertising is still allowed, just on a reasonable level.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
altpooler

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

This is what I was trying to say.

tylerderden

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:34:34 PM

so scamming lying and generally being a piece of shit is ok with you guys., just not advertising for the pools that we need to mine. brilliant!
altpooler

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:36:12 PM

What are you talking about? Advertising is still allowed, just on a reasonable level.

Read about 7 posts back from this post, staff member says otherwise.

Lauda
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

Sorry my bad, I've missed his post just now. Well that is a bit too much. I mean making a limitation like once per 24 hours in a thread or such would be okay I guess.
This rule is just too strict.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
altpooler

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:11:36 PM

Sorry my bad, I've missed his post just now. Well that is a bit too much. I mean making a limitation like once per 24 hours in a thread or such would be okay I guess.
This rule is just too strict.

I understand what the mods are trying to do, but yes, this rule is too strict.

Mods, what is the harm of a pool posting just one time in a coin's ANN thread to announce their pool is ready?

I do see one bad thing that can come out of this. After a pool op makes a post about their pool, they create multiple accounts to quote it, and re-quote it.

I'm not sure how that can be stopped, but I do not think completely disallowing pool ops from posting their pool in a coin's ANN thread is a solution to stopping spam.

mprep
Diamond Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:56:13 PM

No that's not allowed. No matter the formatting - it's still advertising. Use PMs to inform the coin OP and as BadBear said, if the OP never updates/cares for his thread, then why should others care about the coin.

Advertisment:
           ▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █