Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:16:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed  (Read 567283 times)
Chuppy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:54:56 PM

Yeah, will a newbie be banned if he does it unknowingly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
H055Y

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

D D D Denarius

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:59:34 PM
Merited by shroomzcoin (1)

Am I the only one who thinks all these god damn ICO's should get their own subforum and not be in AltCoins subforum? For me all these ICO's are a big spam, it has become so hard these days to find decent new coins that are mineable in between all of these ICO's. Some of them don't even have a proper abbreviation in the title that states it's an ICO and I'm wasting even more time on those. A subforum for ICO's please so we as a community can push ICO's to the dark pit where they belong. Over 90% of them are pure scam anyway or a quick cash grab.

How about you DYOR on Denarius (D)
Aljerome31

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 02:21:35 AM

Well, Thank you for this Information...

Some I dont Understand but were trying to understand.. to prevent to be banned again...

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
HenryRoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:00:58 PM

In the beginning they talked about the topic, but now some multi-accounts write posts, if you limit registration it will be easier in the future, fewer accounts less spam, the question is very serious, because the forum is hard, it slows me down and sometimes does not fulfill the search requests.
ElizaZX

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:34:24 AM

It would indeed be very convenient to make a separate section for the ICO. There are a lot of projects that do not always carry any load, and only 10% have something worthwhile. It is necessary to separate the grains from the moths.
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:34:43 PM

I don't think a newbies should be blocked because I feel he/she doesn't know the rules and regulations guiding this site... But if they are block, it's their luck. Good day.

Well, I gotta stress this out: Ignorance is NOT an excuse. If you break the rules, get ready for the consequence. It's a newbie's responsibility to read the rules first before posting.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
Diamondfx

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:20:41 AM

This is gonna be affecting some of us that wanna find  pool to get the low difficulty coins without having to start scrolling the mining page, can you please adjust the rules for the benefit of people like us.

Thanks
Creeptolady

Activity: 70
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:13:09 PM

It's the Altcoins ANN thread. Kinda hard to get the community to realise when an advert is spam and when it's not.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
prety-love

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:07:38 PM

I don't think a newbies should be blocked because I feel he/she doesn't know the rules and regulations guiding this site... But if they are block, it's their luck. Good day.

The rules are the same for everyone. So why should not newbies be blocked? For them there is a special section to prevent this from happening.
lhgirl

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:46:27 PM

Well, I gotta stress this out: Ignorance is NOT an excuse. If you break the rules, get ready for the consequence. It's a newbie's responsibility to read the rules first before posting.

Which rules? Where are those rules? I feel like I missed something?
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

Which rules? Where are those rules? I feel like I missed something?
These are the rules here generally in the forum and for this section.

Giveaway threads are not allowed

Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

Users posting "joined" type posts when not required or allowed will be BANNED

Incentivising posting within one or more threads is not allowed  

Advertising spam is not allowed

So this will give you a clear mind on what are the rules that you should follow and obey.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Cryptodetails

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:22:57 PM

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

Edit by mprep:

You know what, time for a slight policy change:

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

As per this shift, the following type of posts are now allowed in coin threads:

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "We're up" messages for pools (if it's only once per thread)
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.

The difference between advertising and spam in fact is only that someone paid for advertising. And they did not pay for spam.
When flattened, people are willing to tolerate garbage that falls on their heads. And when not compressed, it causes a lot of indignation. Why is that? After all, in that, and in another case - garbage is the same, and the brain gives the same. Really, people are simply insulting (envious), that someone is being advertised for free?
WixlarCoin

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:44:35 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2023, 01:05:37 PM by WixlarCoin

okay
hasna17

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:17:05 PM

Please, admins ..... I think every ICO should be evaluated according to different aspects (e.g creativity of project, vision, team, steps, goals, ..... etc) by multiple teams in order to enlighten crypto-community about scam & fraud
I also agree with you ..
this is NOT a priority, because it must be seen first,
now with all the scamcoins around today ..
People lose money every day due to fraud ...

But instead of helping the community, by setting strict rules for coin announcements here ... you worry about pool owners who advertise their pool ...
I really do not understand this ..
SmashPool

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:56:01 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 02:25:54 PM by SmashPool

I get it - pool advertising is a little over the top.

Why don't you just ban the worst offenders rather than punish ever single other pool owner who just makes ONE post in the ANN thread.

You have pools that spam the ANN threads 10 times with their pool info, in 800x600 image format with 2 full pages of unnecessary fluff - then you have pool owners who pop in to say " XYZ pool added this coin with the connection string below" - and I see that as a benefit to this community not a detriment.

(also just realized this is an older post and the rule is largely being disregarded and unenforced)

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:20:12 PM

I get it - pool advertising is a little over the top.

Why don't you just ban the worst offenders rather than punish ever single other pool owner who just makes ONE post in the ANN thread.

You have pools that spam the ANN threads 10 times with their pool info, in 800x600 image format with 2 full pages of unnecessary fluff - then you have pool owners who pop in to say " XYZ pool added this coin with the connection string below" - and I see that as a benefit to this community not a detriment.

(also just realized this is an older post and the rule is largely being disregarded and unenforced)

It's very much still being enforced. Small single-time pool and exchange announcements are fine, as stated in OP. If you happen to notice any ad-like or repeated pool or other service announcement posts, use the "Report to Moderator" feature to notify the staff team.

MoneyBomber

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:52:07 PM

I have a token that's mined by a pyramid scheme.
Very controversial territory. Is that a token I can make a thread about?  
There is some more complexity to it, but at its very center it's in a gray area.
nicesun260

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:26:09 AM

ok, here in in AltCoins we will post an article about our ICO.
and what would be the best place to announce about our services and our TV Broadcasting for BitCoinTalk ?
Kyra23

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:28:37 PM

You moderators , should get a look into coinpoker thread . Some guy named Robopoke spam the thread every day with scam software to sell, use fake accounts to promote himself, insult people , fud  and use his fake account to post more deffamation and insults . Please do your job and clean the thread .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2312197.0
fight-T

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:20:53 PM

In my opinion, you should turn off the ads of the site unnecessary to avoid information interference, In addition, you should also limit the opening of links that are subject to spam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: