Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed  (Read 567183 times)
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:56:27 AM

this is bullshit rule that fucks over those of us who want to find pool fast and grab some of the first low difficulty coins, i don't want to be checking the mining subforum or waiting for dev to get pm and add to op, this only wastes time and allows ppl with their own mining hardware and insiders to get more of the easy coins

its only spam when pool owner post their link in the same thread multiple times, don't see the problem allowing them to post once
We've had some serious trouble with pool spammers (those adding any coin and posting (nearly) an identical message to all altcoin announcements). They just clutter up a discussion and can be avoided simply by making people add pools through PM. If you want to mine a coin early, mine it solo. If you can't, don't worry - probaly nobody will be until the coin author adds the info.

Getting added to the OP by requesting the devs via PM is a joke.  It happens maybe 50% of the time, and never quickly.  I don't want to risk breaking the rules because someone asked a question about which pool to mine at or which pool is working and I responded "Mine" and provided a link.

Ban the spammers, don't ban the practice entirely.  Limit pool advertisement size to 5 lines of text and one 80x80px image.

This is nazi moderator bullshit. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barryzand

Activity: 574

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

So if a pool owner posts his pool in a thread... he will get banned??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

How about limiting that post too 1 in each announcement thread?

Im really sorry I have too say this... But this is NOT the priority you should be looking at right now with all those scamcoins around these days..

People lose money everyday over scams...

But instead of helping the community, by setting stricter rules for coin announcements on here... you worry about poolowners who advertise their pools...

I really cant understand this... Sorry Undecided
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:22:29 AM

I think you should change the subject of this thread to 'Pool spamming is no longer allowed'. It's very annoying when pools keep posting their advert sometimes several time on a single page which can go on for many pages.

Have pools listed in the OP and let them post once when they are up and running.

This goes for pools not listed in the OP to be allowed to post once when they are up and mining.

This gives miners a chance to mine on the first pool that's working. This has been my tactic for the last few months, I've been waiting for the first pool to announce its working then register there and start mining. Problem with that is sometimes the first pool is overwhelmed with new registrations and struggles to cope that's the risk you take.

Too many times I lost out on the golden time of early mining because I registered with one of the 'bigger' pools and they didn't launch quickly enough and I missed out.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:34:23 AM

If u want to stop clutter, stop allowing creation of new coin, ipo's...This creates more spam than anything.

Creates some rules for that too...

That would be a bit too drastic - this forum does proud itself on freedom of speech. Limiting which coins can be accepted, would leave a lot of room for moderator abuse.

this is bullshit rule that fucks over those of us who want to find pool fast and grab some of the first low difficulty coins, i don't want to be checking the mining subforum or waiting for dev to get pm and add to op, this only wastes time and allows ppl with their own mining hardware and insiders to get more of the easy coins

its only spam when pool owner post their link in the same thread multiple times, don't see the problem allowing them to post once
We've had some serious trouble with pool spammers (those adding any coin and posting (nearly) an identical message to all altcoin announcements). They just clutter up a discussion and can be avoided simply by making people add pools through PM. If you want to mine a coin early, mine it solo. If you can't, don't worry - probaly nobody will be until the coin author adds the info.
Getting added to the OP by requesting the devs via PM is a joke.  It happens maybe 50% of the time, and never quickly.  I don't want to risk breaking the rules because someone asked a question about which pool to mine at or which pool is working and I responded "Mine" and provided a link.

Ban the spammers, don't ban the practice entirely.  Limit pool advertisement size to 5 lines of text and one 80x80px image.

This is nazi moderator bullshit.  
You could try suggesting several pools without showing which one is yours. For example:

Which pool is up and running for Coin?
You could try these pools:

pool1.com
pool2.com
mypool.com

That wouldn't be considered advertising, wouldn't it (BadBear, can you confirm?)?

I think you should change the subject of this thread to 'Pool spamming is no longer allowed'. It's very annoying when pools keep posting their advert sometimes several time on a single page which can go on for many pages.

Have pools listed in the OP and let them post once when they are up and running.

This goes for pools not listed in the OP to be allowed to post once when they are up and mining.

This gives miners a chance to mine on the first pool that's working. This has been my tactic for the last few months, I've been waiting for the first pool to announce its working then register there and start mining. Problem with that is sometimes the first pool is overwhelmed with new registrations and struggles to cope that's the risk you take.

Too many times I lost out on the golden time of early mining because I registered with one of the 'bigger' pools and they didn't launch quickly enough and I missed out.
Some pools just post identical messages to each coin to promote their pool. That would be considered a duplicate which add little to nothing to the discussion. Such adding of pools can be done easily by PM. If you want to find the best pool for coin X, just search the Mining (Altcoins) board. Regarding scam coins, scams (real or not, not for me to judge) are not moderated to prevent moderator abuse.

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:36:56 AM

What sanctions? Imagine, I can create an account and spam ads of competitors.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:43:13 AM

What sanctions? Imagine, I can create an account and spam ads of competitors.
That account would get banned. So what?

HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:43:32 AM

You gotta be kidding, right?

What's next?

Next FUD will be banned, and every thread will have one page.

That would be kinda nice, actually.
Seriously, BCT becomes lame lately.

First giveaways, now they forbid to pool OPs to advertise their service in the topics, while 12 year olds make 100 accounts to spread FUD and insult people.

I neither agree or disagree re pools bc I don't mine any more...
But OP has a point. BCT allows has ignored all calls for moderation of altcoin sub-forums and this is the first thing to bring into action? I'd say the pressing issue is multiple accounts and serial scammers more so than the pools clogging up threads with "spam".
Whatever happened to the rule where you couldn't post with a new account until a certain threshold of time and/or newbie introduction?
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:44:30 AM

pool owners have their pool in their sig. If they just do a normal post like 'setting up a pool, will see what this coin turns out to' in the topic, It's probably not considered as spam. Problem solved.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:47:04 AM

pool owners have their pool in their sig. If they just do a normal post like 'setting up a pool, will see what this coin turns out to' in the topic, It's probably not considered as spam. Problem solved.

+1
This is better than hurt eyes with big size font etc.
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:49:40 AM

good. fuck pools.

as a trader only i dont give a shit.

ban scamming assholes next is my advice.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:51:10 AM

What's next?

First giveaways, now they forbid to pool OPs to advertise their service in the topics, while 12 year olds make 100 accounts to spread FUD and insult people.

But OP has a point. BCT allows has ignored all calls for moderation of altcoin sub-forums and this is the first thing to bring into action? I'd say the pressing issue is multiple accounts and serial scammers more so than the pools clogging up threads with "spam".
Whatever happened to the rule where you couldn't post with a new account until a certain threshold of time and/or newbie introduction?

Multiple accounts are allowed since a "one account" policy is nearly impossible to effectively enforce with TOR, proxies and VPNs circling about, (possible) scams are not moderated forum wide - freedom comes at a price. Newbie jail was abolished. This was changed by bringing in more moderators who moderate Newbie posts site wide (that would be me and hilariousandco) and several older mods were given the ability to moderate Newbie posts as well.

CoinFinder2

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:55:07 AM

Presumably then any other coin based services need to follow the same rules.

This means:

Exchanges
Gambling Sites
Other Services

All of which profit from the "free service" provided. Many of which also "spam" threads.

PM Coin OP for post in OP thread. Create on post in appropriate sub-forum (marketplace for exchanges maybe?)

Also, posts by "shills" advertising a pool (ie "really  hope <XYZ>pool was here") should be classed as spam, and attempts to circumvent the rules also.
HeadsOrTails

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:56:05 AM

If u want to stop clutter, stop allowing creation of new coin, ipo's...This creates more spam than anything.

That would be a bit too drastic - this forum does proud itself on freedom of speech. Limiting which coins can be accepted, would leave a lot of room for moderator abuse.

Well what of the requirements that used to be in action where newbie accounts were restricted.
I would wholeheartedly endorse doing something because this isn't a community and it's all altcoins are being traded against bitcoin.
I'd love to be able to read altcoin announcements without newbie accounts spamming support. I'd love to be able to put reputation against coin projects.
The problem here is multiple accounts and not so much pool operators.
All of the hubris and buzz surrounding ANNs is bought up like with USBcoin, which leads to sore losers threatening Bittrex with FBI investigations. Can you imagine the outcome of looking into logs of BCT and finding the IPs showing mass collusion by serial scammers with nothing whatsoever on place to stop the schemes?
I'm not asking for censorship. I'm asking for checks and balances stopping multiple accounts. It's like a gypsy marketplace here and all from clogged up posts by alias newbie accounts.
I understand your reasoning with pools mprep, but
newbie accounts are the issue
silvo

Activity: 196

8pool.dtdns.net OP

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

I think it's fair to block the AD

Best regards

Pool op

Silvo

█████8pool.dtdns.net , multiple algo support █████
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:04:28 PM

Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads.  Mining pool ops should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

How the Hell do you intend for people to find pools to mine the coins with, if not in the OP I quote you .. maybe you mistyped what you actually mean "Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, alt coin announcement threads." So a new coin cannot have links to the pools for their coin is what that says ... I wonder if it's just not clearly written because you go on to contradict your self here with "Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. "

So can we have some clarification to this.... otherwise I think it's time to community found a new forum to work from ... ....  .... damn nazi's

Yes, listing available pools in the OP is fine.

That's cool as long as it's allowed to be listed in the OP.  Some pools over advertise and it just adds way too many pages to a thread.
x11-x13-pool

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:05:06 PM

cool
that of 10 coins in the best case 2 is not a Scam! nobody cares (and those 2 are not in a human way to start!!!!!) I spend my time and power, and people spend their money is also no interest. Yes Yes Yes let those think about the flood in the topics!!!! and not about the money spent on the rental of facilities, servers, electricity. I'm tired add coins extracted up to 2 days and then cunt coin!!!

sorry for my English
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:09:32 PM

mining pools that charge zero fees are the best

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
x11-x13-pool

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:11:43 PM

yes but scammers coins over the last month we earned 1.78 dollars

it scares
HeadsOrTails

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:13:46 PM

What's next?

Multiple accounts are allowed since a "one account" policy is nearly impossible to effectively enforce with TOR, proxies and VPNs circling about, (possible) scams are not moderated forum wide - freedom comes at a price. Newbie jail was abolished. This was changed by bringing in more moderators who moderate Newbie posts site wide (that would be me and hilariousandco) and several older mods were given the ability to moderate Newbie posts as well.

Very true, it is difficult to police, and I wouldn't even know what to recommend as a solution because any mod would go nuts with the altcoins section of BCT.
No matter the reason, it's a great sign some of the lawlessness is being swept up. As I said I'm on the fence with pool advertising as I don't mine. But it's as good a place as any to start cleaning up so I (we?) appreciate the gesture.
x11-x13-pool

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:23:40 PM

for these three posts was banned for 5 days

excalibur2010

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708747.msg8083296#msg8083296
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711553.msg8082511#msg8082511
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=705384.msg8081313#msg8081313

in my opinion this is nonsense and more like a fight with competitors
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: