Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:44:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN  (Read 74268 times)
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 08:19:52 AM

hi all ...

all #grn seednodes have been refreshed and restarted ...

OP updated ...

#crysx #granitecoin

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 09:46:19 AM

*** it seems zpool is down - please mine elsewhere until we can determine if this is temporary ***

#crysx #grn #granitecoin

logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 10:53:35 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 11:09:31 AM by logocreator

Logo GraniteCoin

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:49:09 PM

Logo GraniteCoin

quite nice - and tanx ...

lets have a chat Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 03:44:54 AM

hi all ...

zpool is back up and running again ...

glad to see it back ...

op updated again ...

#crysx

ALThunterz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

OK!

But, it is not enough to mine GRN and bleutrade exchanges...

Must make it more popular GRN. I hope...

which is why ideas and help would be most welcome ...

so far - its been off our own back and our own expense - which is fine in the short term - but as you mentioned its about making it more popular ...

though not only more popular - but useful in lots more ways - as well as trading ...

it will get there - the ideas are still coming to be realized one by one ...

#crysx

A suggestion: Give aways on Facebook or twitter, use the fb ad section to announce it and target it to crypto enthusiast, they'll bite!!! it'll cost some, but not much, there won't be much competition on most crypto phrases.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:33:55 AM

OK!

But, it is not enough to mine GRN and bleutrade exchanges...

Must make it more popular GRN. I hope...

which is why ideas and help would be most welcome ...

so far - its been off our own back and our own expense - which is fine in the short term - but as you mentioned its about making it more popular ...

though not only more popular - but useful in lots more ways - as well as trading ...

it will get there - the ideas are still coming to be realized one by one ...

#crysx

A suggestion: Give aways on Facebook or twitter, use the fb ad section to announce it and target it to crypto enthusiast, they'll bite!!! it'll cost some, but not much, there won't be much competition on most crypto phrases.

appreciate the advice ...

fb was the last of the sites to be setup and only have 15 likes on there at the moment - so a marketing effort will need to be done ...

soon ... Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:34:17 AM

with a sad heart to see @cryptobucket close down ...

#crysx #grn #granitecoin

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 12:57:12 AM

just thought i would share musings that seem to fall by the wayside on many occasion ...

food for thought - points for discussion - words off my chest ...

either way - just needed to share - as im interested in what people think of such things - hence why i bring them up ...

anyway - below is a cut n paste ... and link ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10946955#msg10946955

------- ------- -------

Alternate cryptocurrencies / Announcements (Altcoins) / Re: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes    on: Today at 10:20:52
Quote from: coins101 on Today at 09:53:06
Quote from: chrysophylax on Today at 09:36:01
Quote from: coins101 on Today at 06:10:23
Local Dark Markets!

---
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113837/local-dark-market-build-proposal-on-bitcoin-blockchain-circulates-on-satoshis-mailing-list

WTF!

Dark Markets on the bitcoin blockchain? Now your payment can be tracked, and the location of illegal deals will be put on the blockchain.

This really is nonsense, but its a sense of how much demand there is for decentralised services. 

edit

Open Bazaar on ServiceNodes, anyone?

we have been looking at openbazaar for a long time now ...

on SN? ... sounds good Wink ...

but how? ...

#crysx

At this point, from my part, development of service node applications and use cases is going to start being a little more reserved. I've heard rumors that xyz project is looking to do things very similar to what I've seen discussed here.

We'll have to figure out a way to resolve this issue. I don't like being guarded, but SPR could go from being worth $20k market cap to $20m market cap in the next 12-18 months, but not if we spill the beans before we have the chance to make hey.

being open sourced and open to the public - it wouldnt make much of a difference if it was guarded or not mate ...

knowing that 'this coin' or 'that coin' is the 'first' to come out with it means nothing in the long term ... only quality of product ...

ideas cannot be secretive here UNLESS we have a closed environment - which is impossible in this space ...

i have mentioned many many many times of a 'team' that is actually HEADED by a member that is considered ( and probably voted in ) as the one that spearheads this development - only to have this 'corporate style' of teamwork thrown back at me for the mere mention of it ...

ideas will NEVER be secure unless you have a team of dedicated devs and marketers and enthusiasts that not only work together - but also run under ONE 'law' ( for lack of a better word ) ...

the most successful 'teams' in the world work this way as do corporates and non-profit organizations alike ... leaders are just that - LEADERS ...

if spr is going to go anywhere with these 'plans' and ideas - it needs to follow an IDEAL then be directed by ONE team spearheaded by ONE LEADER backed by community ideas ...

but who am i to know any of this stuff? ... as far as anyone is concerned here - all this will fall on deaf ears mostly - AND spr will only fumble its way through ... which is quite sad - as this 'other' coin you are talking about is a well oiled machine running in almost exactly this way ...

guess who is going to come out ( and still is so far ) on top? ...

#crysx

------- ------- -------

xtrm

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:48:18 AM

all you have been talking is just pool, pool set-up, mining, logo .. nothing that adds value. the coin is better dead.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 10:13:09 AM

all you have been talking is just pool, pool set-up, mining, logo .. nothing that adds value. the coin is better dead.

the coin is EXACTLY what it set out to be ...

a MINING coin - hence the long PoW ...

after taking over the coin - initially for the benefit of learning more about the network itself - the coin functionality - the pools - the websites - and many other reasons - it has pretty much done what it has intended on doing ... and did it VERY well ...

it is NOT about all the garbage that 99% of coins out there promise and dont deliver ... granitecoin set out to be a solid stable mining coin ...

its done its job ... add value to it? ... well - that is entirely up to what the coin can be used for ... which is predominantly ( dare i say it again ) mining - as well as trading - as well as anything else that ANYONE wants to use it for ...

xtrm - the only other coins that i can see out there that have delivered on any of 'their' promises are few and far between ... they are continuously being worked on by their OWN developers and as such continue to grow - and rightly so ... kudos to those coins - i own many of them as i am a miner and continue to mine all sorts of coins - including granitecoin ...

granitecoin did only what it set out to do ... simple ...

all i am doing ( apart from the continuous learning curve i have with crypto in general ) is building the externals around this BASIC SIMPLE MINERS coin ...

tanx for your input ...

#crysx

fastlan

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 03:48:20 PM

is there a working wallet for this coin?
TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:03:20 PM

Looks as its name solid as a rock..... Wink

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 01:07:51 AM

of course there is - look in the op ... the links are still valid ...

the only wallet that needs to be compiled is the linux wallet ... windows and osx are there and functional ...

unless of course you would like to compile the wallet yourself for windows and osx Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 01:09:19 AM

Looks as its name solid as a rock..... Wink

it really is ... simple and solid and stable ...

Cheesy ...

#crysx

fastlan

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:08:38 AM

the only wallet that needs to be compiled is the linux wallet ... windows and osx are there and functional ...

unless of course you would like to compile the wallet yourself for windows and osx Smiley ...

#crysx

hmm mines saying no block source available....(out of sync) for the windows wallet
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 10:18:44 AM

#crysx

hmm mines saying no block source available....(out of sync) for the windows wallet

is it a newly installed wallet? ...

the original hard coded seednodes are all gone ( from the original owner ) so the wallet needs to have a look at the current seednodes ...

do you have the granitecoin.conf file in the right place? ...

windows is a fidly os - so be careful when creating a conf file ... in the op is a downloadable one - the one i use ...

let us know how you fare with it ...

#crysx

fastlan

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:51:48 PM

#crysx

the original hard coded seednodes are all gone ( from the original owner ) so the wallet needs to have a look at the current seednodes ...

windows is a fidly os - so be careful when creating a conf file ... in the op is a downloadable one - the one i use ...

#crysx
yeah i downloaded wallet and config file from the op....
rpcuser=chrysophylax
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=21776
port=21777
gen=0
server=1
addnode=seednode1.granitecoinx.com
addnode=seednode2.granitecoinx.com
addnode=seednode3.granitecoinx.com
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 02:02:07 PM

#crysx

#crysx
rpcuser=chrysophylax
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=21776
port=21777
gen=0
server=1

all good Smiley ...

dont forget to change the rpcuser and password to whatever you want ...

we just reset those seednodes not long ago as we had to reset the servers they are on ... all works as far as we can see ...

you only need one seednode to be working to start the wallet off anyway and the wallet does the rest - searching for others on the network ...

if you have any issues - let us know ...

btw - send us your grn address for this new wallet and we will gift you some grn - as a token of good will and good mining ...

Smiley ...

btw - next week we will be changing a few things on our pool ...

dropping the fees altogether and rewarding the blockfinder an extra 7 grn for every block found - just to name two ...

we will be updating the op when this happens ...

njoi ...

#crysx

fastlan

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:21:05 PM

#crysx

#crysx
rpcuser=chrysophylax
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=21776
port=21777
gen=0
server=1

all good Smiley ...

dont forget to change the rpcuser and password to whatever you want ...

we just reset those seednodes not long ago as we had to reset the servers they are on ... all works as far as we can see ...

you only need one seednode to be working to start the wallet off anyway and the wallet does the rest - searching for others on the network ...

if you have any issues - let us know ...

btw - send us your grn address for this new wallet and we will gift you some grn - as a token of good will and good mining ...

Smiley ...

btw - next week we will be changing a few things on our pool ...

dropping the fees altogether and rewarding the blockfinder an extra 7 grn for every block found - just to name two ...

we will be updating the op when this happens ...

njoi ...

#crysx
hmm still cant get it to sync for some reason....& that sounds good hopefully it can get some traction!

btw- i like free gifts!! lol Cheesy GXxHteoBTjpG5amwqcoCf3gBjEF78eKEab
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: