Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:25:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: onyx was dumped by the dev.  (Read 2985 times)
UserAlter

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

?

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:28:26 PM

seedtrue
   Re: [ONYX] Onyxcoin : X13 : Long PoW Phase! Fixed Rewards! Ninja LAUNCH! *a new gem*
July 30, 2014, 11:53:49 AM
you premined 15,000 blocks?
Pass

seedtrue
July 30, 2014, 12:05:14 PM
What I mean is the equivalent of 15,000 blocks  10 coins per block * 15,000 = 150,000(the 1% premine) = about 10 days worth of mining

shwin
July 30, 2014, 12:13:05 PM
yes but you have the 150 000 coin right NOW and you can dump RIGHT NOW.

thquan819
July 30, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
1% premine of 2.8 year  Huh.  1% premine = 150,000 ONYX = 15,000 block ( block rewards: 10 ONYX) = 11 day all mining  LOLLLLLLLLL Huh Huh
DO NOT MINING SHIT COIN,  I'M OUT

unlock.mk
July 30, 2014, 01:17:35 PM
Take a fact that normal miner can mine at most 3 coins at days and you have ready 150,000 ? pffff

kryptologist
July 30, 2014, 04:43:33 PM
Just a heads up, this dev will have over 50% of all coins even after 10 days of mining, slowly diminishing to 1% over 2.8 years. Only after like 1000 days will the premine be equal to 1%. Dev premine 150,000 coins.. you only get 10 coins per block.

UserAlter
July 30, 2014, 04:44:54 PM
Delete message  #89
Premine 150,000 coins  Roll Eyes

Total bounties 2,950 coins  Roll Eyes

Block rewards 10 coins  Roll Eyes

Pointing all of my miners!!!  Grin

Thank You Very Much for fair launch and great coin!  Tongue

ocminer
July 30, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
Hey Carsen how are you doing ? Smiley

Next coin already  ?

--------These were only few posts from original OP though more than enough red flags!---------

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:31:17 PM

Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:31:29 PM

I think escrowed premines don't work because the people escrowing can take it.  They can also stop the dev from using it.  He who hold the premine controls the fate of the coin.  

Foundation wallets limit the mount of coin the dev receives over time forcing them to keep support the coin.  As you can see not many devs have use it.  A few that did had very good results.  But they were devs who wanted to support their coin not run away.

Premine should be shared among different escrows and new reputable escrows are required. we can create new kind of rewarded jobs. And if u are following the bitmark project, reputation will be more and more important and there will be rewarded. yeh, there will be a risk but maybe do you invest all yoyr money in an unique coin? i think not. the same for dev. I prefer to lose the 10% of the premine, if one of the escrows runs away, rather than lose all my investment when the dev runs to bahamas. we MUST to find a solution for to keep alive this business.
UGETHIT (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

I think escrowed premines don't work because the people escrowing can take it.  They can also stop the dev from using it.  He who hold the premine controls the fate of the coin.  

Foundation wallets limit the mount of coin the dev receives over time forcing them to keep support the coin.  As you can see not many devs have use it.  A few that did had very good results.  But they were devs who wanted to support their coin not run away.

Premine should be shared among different escrows and new reputable escrows are required. we can create new kind of rewarded jobs. And if u are following the bitmark project, reputation will be more and more important and there will be rewarded. yeh, there will be a risk but maybe do you invest all yoyr money in an unique coin? i think not. the same for dev. I prefer to lose the 10% of the premine, if one of the escrows runs away, rather than lose all my investment when the dev runs to bahamas. we MUST to find a solution for to keep alive this business.

I just offered 2 reasonable solutions donation model worked for cloak they got 93 btc worth of cloak donated. And foundation wallets that force devs to keep supporting the coin.  Fuck escrows.  I wouldn't trust them more then I trust a dev and neither should anyone else.  People sell out for money everyone day.  No one can be trusted.  That's why the 2 solutions I gave are a good way to force shitcoin devs to step up their game and make better coins while supporting them long term.
Pebbelzz

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:35:54 PM

Foundation wallets limit the mount of coin the dev receives over time forcing them to keep supporting the coin.  As you can see not many devs have use it.  A few that did had very good results.  But they were devs who wanted to support their coin not run away.

Donations is another thing that can work.  Cloak had like 36000 coin in donations I heard.  That's like 93 btc at the current price.

Soooo the dev runs off and dumps the premine you've got 100% chance of a loss

Use a reputable escrow that is in the hands of the community, that sounds a bit less than 100%.

Better yet since you feel its a bad idea, guess what you don't have to put anything into the coins that use the escrow

SecondsOld

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:38:29 PM

Foundation wallets limit the mount of coin the dev receives over time forcing them to keep supporting the coin.  As you can see not many devs have use it.  A few that did had very good results.  But they were devs who wanted to support their coin not run away.

Donations is another thing that can work.  Cloak had like 36000 coin in donations I heard.  That's like 93 btc at the current price.

Use a reputable escrow that is in the hands of the community, that sounds a bit less than 100%.

Better yet since you feel its a bad idea, guess what you don't have to put anything into the coins that use the escrow

To further this point, there have now been countless successful escrows for IPO's.  How many times has a trusted escrow run off the with IPO funds?  I can't remember a case where this has ever happened.  How many times has a dev run off with a premine?  Definitely not the same scenario.
HulkingTauren

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:40:48 PM

What else do you guys expect?

Name it as ONYX style.

Include the following in your checklist for scam coin check before mining/buying and move on.

- Not ONYX style
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:42:28 PM

Grin Grin
UGETHIT (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

Donations is another thing that can work.  Cloak had like 36000 coin in donations I heard.  That's like 93 btc at the current price.

To further this point, there have now been countless successful escrows for IPO's.  How many times has a trusted escrow run off the with IPO funds?  I can't remember a case where this has ever happened.  How many times has a dev run off with a premine?  Definitely not the same scenario.

Escrows are just people lets call them what they are.  They also are not under any governing body that can stop them from stealing a premine.   So why on earth would a dev trust them?  Devs make coins guys.  They control the premines so they can spend them as they see fit.  The solution is end premines.  Use donation models and foundation models.  It forces devs to work instead of scam.
deevilknight

Activity: 37
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:46:16 PM

Another scam   Sad  So what to mine this days? Old coins are not profitable anymore. Every new coin is a scam coin...looks like that days of mining is over...  Sad
HulkingTauren

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:47:42 PM

Another scam   Sad  So what to mine this days? Old coins are not profitable anymore. Every new coin is a scam coin...looks like that days of mining is over...  Sad

Reject the scam coins, don't buy them, don't mine them,

and you will see good coins popping out.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:48:55 PM

exactly.

quit accepting this shit as reality and demand better.

then you will get it.

UGETHIT (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Another scam   Sad  So what to mine this days? Old coins are not profitable anymore. Every new coin is a scam coin...looks like that days of mining is over...  Sad

Right here is the truth guys force these shitcoin devs to make better coins or die.  This is the only message I have been trying to send.  If they make some better coins miners can profit also instead of just scammers and scamming devs.
Rebound Effect

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:49:58 PM

Donations is another thing that can work.  Cloak had like 36000 coin in donations I heard.  That's like 93 btc at the current price.

To further this point, there have now been countless successful escrows for IPO's.  How many times has a trusted escrow run off the with IPO funds?  I can't remember a case where this has ever happened.  How many times has a dev run off with a premine?  Definitely not the same scenario.

Escrows are just people lets call them what they are.  They also are not under any governing body that can stop them from stealing a premine.   So why on earth would a dev trust them?  Devs make coins guys.  They control the premines so they can spend them as they see fit.  The solution is end premines.  Use donation models and foundation models.  It forces devs to work instead of scam.

your solution needs a competent staff of members that have to check the code to avoid hidden premine
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:50:25 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 05:11:35 AM by tylerderden

you know this is pissing me off, i mine good coins with no bulshit
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:51:56 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 05:10:48 AM by tylerderden

go to the irc and bring up legit coins
UGETHIT (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:53:35 PM

go to the irc and bring up legit coins they either laugh or ignor you, its fucking sickening. what a bunch of fucking dirtbags

If we stop supporting shitcoins devs will stop making them.  The best thing to do is dime shitcoins out so bad that all investors avoid them.  This will force devs to make better coins.  YAY we all profit.
ICO Dude

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:54:19 PM

how much did the dev made? By the looks of bettrex charts its like 1.6 btc?

Also was it a hidden premine or an obvious one?
UGETHIT (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:54:54 PM

1btc and no he dumped 27% ish  of his huge premine.  There was no hidden premine.  That's why I can't explain why bittrex would add a coin that clearly had bad specs like this.  It is kinda dumb on their part.  They say they add coins the community wants but if they read threads they would see the community didn't want it a few people did.  Also adding coins with a modded thread shouldn't be done by any exchange.  How can an exchange know what the community wants if it is being deleted?
HulkingTauren

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

He might spend 1 btc to hire someone to code the coin, so 60% return  Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: