Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The happy BTC circular donation thread  (Read 14613 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:29:59 PM

Here is my address: 1DSnxM8Pb6ENsjjncxLf7oz1BUUqJS2qyu

I'll go with: (in equal amounts)
Nepal Earthquake
Electronic Frontier Foundation (If they still accept BTC)
TOR Project
Apache Software Foundation

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 02:17:32 AM

Nepal Earthquake
TOR Project

IAS

Done, and hey, I just donated some money to Nepal too on Friday and then had at least a couple nice miracles very soon after as today's journey somehow brought me to a Tibetan monastery Smiley
nicolym

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:14:07 AM

I just wanted to comment on this post and say I think itd an amazing idea you had.  Its nice to see acts of kindness to one another.  Hope its okay I commented.  :-)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:29:50 AM

Nepal Earthquake
TOR Project

IAS

Done, and hey, I just donated some money to Nepal too on Friday and then had at least a couple nice miracles very soon after as today's journey somehow brought me to a Tibetan monastery Smiley

Coincidences seem like confirmations from the Universe (or call "it" what you will) of going in the "right" (or "wrong") direction, making the right "decisions", being with the right people, just plain being, etc. I've noticed that sometimes they come in waves (and may not let up) like when I started playing music last year.

Life is for sure interconnected (though our eyes deceive us and show constant separation) - But it is funny how it guides us where we need to go... I believe so.
And it is much more comfortable to get there not kicking and screaming.

BTW - I got into my passion of music, basically here, on these forums, thanks you know who. A little bit ironic, don't ya think?  Grin   

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 02:52:18 PM

Nepal Earthquake
TOR Project

IAS

Coincidences seem like confirmations from the Universe (or call "it" what you will) of going in the "right" (or "wrong") direction, making the right "decisions", being with the right people, just plain being, etc. I've noticed that sometimes they come in waves (and may not let up) like when I started playing music last year.

Life is for sure interconnected (though our eyes deceive us and show constant separation) - But it is funny how it guides us where we need to go... I believe so.

BTW - I got into my passion of music, basically here, on these forums, thanks you know who. A little bit ironic, don't ya think?  Grin  

I like calling it "coincidance" Smiley

Have you watched Cloud Atlas yet?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:23:03 PM

Nepal Earthquake
TOR Project

IAS

BTW - I got into my passion of music, basically here, on these forums, thanks you know who. A little bit ironic, don't ya think?  Grin  

I like calling it "coincidance" Smiley

Have you watched Cloud Atlas yet?

I have had that film ready for over a year now and for some reason have put it off. Guess it will be in my near future.  Wink
And btw, there is a book called Coincidance.

Speaking of movies, VERY STRONG suggestion - great great film and a series to come soon (due to a successful crowd sourcing campaign).
Man From Earth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGWs4bZn_5Q excuse the subtitles but it is HD.
This will start more coincidences...

Well I'm off to donate some money and a little bit more...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:40:47 PM

What is wrong with this picture from the Electronic Frontier Foundation?

Yeah, I could probably search for a Bitcoin Address but they are trying to get my information to give them money.
This is sort of against what BTC represents so I decided to donate the $59 elsewhere, guess they don't get it.
But then again they do, as it took a huge gift to get them accepting BTC way back when and
now it is like they don't want it, or they prefer to wrap it up with ID.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 08:29:59 PM

Thank you!!!  This was so nice. Would anyone mind sharing their Twitter addresses so I can send out a #FF? I've never felt welcome on Bitcointalk (a little scared, actually...) although it's been a long time since I've visited.

Thanks again!

Just sent you a DM via twitter.  This post is for confirmation.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:09:20 PM

Speaking of movies, VERY STRONG suggestion - great great film and a series to come soon (due to a successful crowd sourcing campaign).
Man From Earth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGWs4bZn_5Q excuse the subtitles but it is HD.
IAS

Thanks for the link, but this is what happened when I clicked it, as  US-based viewer:

Angry
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:16:37 PM

IAS

Thanks for the link, but this is what happened when I clicked it, as  US-based viewer:

Angry

Here's a nice alternative if you want restrictions off. https://proxtube.com/
Works every time in my case, though, USA copyright ban for a movie? Kinda funny! Smiley

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:43:45 PM

IAS

Angry

Here's a nice alternative if you want restrictions off. https://proxtube.com/
Works every time in my case, though, USA copyright ban for a movie? Kinda funny! Smiley

Thanks for the try, but since ProxTube is apparently German-made and the proxy is in the U.S, it didn't work.
Maybe I will try Tor.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:50:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_from_Earth#Publicity_through_filesharing
"Producer Eric D. Wilkinson has publicly thanked users of BitTorrent who have distributed the film without express permission, saying that it has lifted the profile of the film far beyond the financier's expectations;[5] he encouraged fans to purchase the DVD or donate.[6]"
or

http://www.hulu.com/watch/517822
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: