Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:13:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we want Bitcoin to go mainstream, we'd better start doing stuff like this.  (Read 2437 times)
littlewizard

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:44:04 AM

In order to achieve mainstraim, early adopters of bitcoin, those who are big holders of Bitcoin need to take the major responsibility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:25:52 AM

Sometimes I can't wrap my head around why thing like the racecar driver and all the simple 'just having fun' things don't happen in the realms of bitcoin..

Because unlike Dogecoin, Bitcoin isn't a pump n dump.

Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:14:55 AM

I think doing marketing for bitcoin is largely a waste of resources. You can talk with people and explain bitcoin to them if they seem interested, but sponsoring a racecar is like throwing away funds that could better be donated to individual bitcoin developers.

Bitcoin is an incredibly useful invention. Therefore it does not need a marketing team. It will spread by word of mouth and by increasing business adoption, because people will realize that it improves their lives.

Not necessarily, there are still a lot of people out there with the skills to help the Bitcoin community but are still largely unaware of its full potential. The Winklevoss twins didn't find out about Bitcoin until July 2012, for example.

I do agree that Bitcoin will grow without the need for marketing though. The technology itself is the marketing.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:44:19 PM

I think doing marketing for bitcoin is largely a waste of resources. You can talk with people and explain bitcoin to them if they seem interested, but sponsoring a racecar is like throwing away funds that could better be donated to individual bitcoin developers.

Bitcoin is an incredibly useful invention. Therefore it does not need a marketing team. It will spread by word of mouth and by increasing business adoption, because people will realize that it improves their lives.

Not necessarily, there are still a lot of people out there with the skills to help the Bitcoin community but are still largely unaware of its full potential. The Winklevoss twins didn't find out about Bitcoin until July 2012, for example.

I do agree that Bitcoin will grow without the need for marketing though. The technology itself is the marketing.

The Winklevii didn't become aware of Bitcoin because of a marketing campaign. They've met someone (forgot whom) who introduced them, so it was word of mouth. Ultimately I don't think that the Winklevii are true innovators in the bitcoin space, they merely help connecting the old fiat world to bitcoin until their investment vehicle becomes obsolete, because Bitcoin will be widespread and easy to use for the masses.

That evokes another aspect which isn't in favor of doing general marketing for Bitcoin: Bitcoin is not ready for the average Joe yet. So marketing Bitcoin to the general population could actually have negative effects, if non tech-savvy persons experience the lack of usability or even loose funds because they don't know how to secure them properly.
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:01:46 PM

Sometimes I can't wrap my head around why thing like the racecar driver and all the simple 'just having fun' things don't happen in the realms of bitcoin..

Because unlike Dogecoin, Bitcoin isn't a pump n dump.

Does that mean Bitcoin users can't have fun?
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:09:15 PM

So I know a lot of us have Bitcoin-related websites and we're used to advertising those sites to other people who already use Bitcoin. But if we're really serious about getting Bitcoin to go mainstream, we'd better start advertising our sites outside of the Bitcoin community. So maybe we'd better take a hint from Dogecoin and their racecar and start doing inexpensive sponsorships. (And I know Dogecoin is kinda tanking right now but that racecar is part of the reason people know about it.) I just recently wrote an article about Mars One for Bitcoin Users to basically provide information on how you can become an official Bitcoin sponsor for US$1250-$6250. Does anybody know any other clever strategies to market our Bitcoin sites?

I think that we should try advertise Bitcoin to the business owners, so that users will have more and more choices to pay for different services and products by bitcoins.
When this lost start to grow, bitcoin will become more and more interesting to the general public and eventually bitcoin will become mainstream.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

I think it is headed that way by everyone just continuing to do what we are already doing.   I think the community as a whole could be a little more welcoming to new people though.  Jumping into the mix can be a little intimidating for a lot of people and some people that are seasoned BTC users are quick to jump down their throats about things
wordman267645

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:35:41 PM

We can do anything if we want.we have to just grow up our confidence. That's all.We can advertise bitcoin to the business owners, we can talk with people and explain them about bitcoin. We have to try everything we can do.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: