Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:39:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help starting an IBM 2900W PSU  (Read 2663 times)
tvasbn (OP)

Activity: 460
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

You can not really securely soldering enough cables to use this PSU efficiently, so you are probably better off buying a breakout board.

i will conect the PCI cables to the PSU out whit:

Yes I am aware of this,  but you can only connect 12 wires total using these.  You need 22 wires to full use this PSU for miners like S5's

Unless you philipma's method.

this conectors(only yellow and full insulated) will be mounted on 6MM cable, and on that cable i will conect the 4 PCI cables(16 cables), i done that whit some 2000W PSU and they work great

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:21:46 PM

I know from experience how warm the terminals on a DPS2K can get when drawing full power through all EIGHT power blades. You're drawing how much power through four? I would not recommend what you are doing there, nor would I trust it to not be a fire risk.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:40:22 PM

I know from experience how warm the terminals on a DPS2K can get when drawing full power through all EIGHT power blades. You're drawing how much power through four? I would not recommend what you are doing there, nor would I trust it to not be a fire risk.

Agreed. Why only use half of the available pins? Clean setup, though.
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:41:32 PM

A ) I said if I had 240 I would use the boards and not solder.
B ) I have a gas dryer a gas oven.
C ) I have a circuit that I can convert to 240 volts and I know how to do it. Just lazy.

I also have drawn the conclusion that this winter passing is the end of my  6kwatt mining in house setup So I won't need to convert  that circuit back to 240 volt.

No connection to any board is as sturdy  as a connection to those grounding bars and the shame of it is.
 a simple breakout board that would have allowed easy hook up to grounding bars  would be safer.

Since the psu would be rock solid along with the grounding bars. Knock an s-5 off of  a shelf or an sp20 off  of a shelf  and your breakout board takes a hard hit.

Knock the same miner of a shelf and those grounding bars are rock solid with 0 stress to a rock solid mount psu.

A psu with 2500 plus watts.

As soon as you do decide to wire up that 240V circuit, let me know and I will send you a test unit.  You'll be surprised at how sturdy the boards are when assembled.

I agree about the winter ending, my 12kW of hardware is about to become a lot warmer, and more expensive...

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: