Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:02:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've Never Been More Bullish  (Read 2958 times)
Razick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:54:04 AM

Warning: I can't write at 4am. Yes, I am an idiot for trying. No, you do not get a refund.

If you read over some of my previous posts you'll find that I've often been somewhat bearish when it comes to Bitcoin's price (although I've always believed in its long term prospects). I haven't been entirely right with my predictions in the past, but I haven't been entirely wrong either. Ever since I started following Bitcoin I have, with a few exceptions felt that it is generally overpriced. That doesn't mean I haven't found times I felt comfortable buying in, but I often felt as though cheaper coins were just around the corner, which caused me to hold back more than I should have. Having started following Bitcoin in 2012 I should have a lot of money right now, but what little I did make was lost in Bitfloor and MtGox (Screw you Roman Stylman, you are a thief).

So why am I telling you this? I'm telling you this because despite one of the most bearish moods in this forum I've seen, I have never been more Bullish than I am now. I believe very strongly that right now is a great time to buy. Why? Since the beginning of the year prices have fallen by a lot but--other than some sucky exchanges failing--we've had almost nothing but good news: Major companies such as DISH, Expedia and Dell have begun accepting Bitcoin along with thousands of smaller merchants; companies such as Coinbase, Circle and ANX have introduced powerful new services that will open Bitcoin up to the average Joe; and best of all Bitcoin has become much less mysterious and gained some much needed legitimacy.

Bitcoin is not just a toy for libertarians and technology enthusiasts anymore... it's become a household name. We've seen Bitcoin's price fall 50% despite only getting stronger. The way I see it, people who purchase Bitcoin today are paying much less for a much "better" product than people who purchased in the excitement of late last years massive rally.

Not to mention there are some exiting patterns for followers of technical analysis... if you are in to that sort of thing.

Sure, Bitcoin could go down, and probably will for at least a few more days or perhaps even weeks, but if you felt Bitcoin was a good buy last year at $600 when it had much less going for it, then surely it's a good buy at $600 now. One of the few things holding Bitcoin back right now is it's falling value... but I feel that we are bottoming out. This correction has allowed Bitcoin to develop a firm support backed up by strong fundamentals on which future growth can be built.

I don't expect to get rich, and I refuse to claim that we'll see the $5000 number many have suggested any time soon. But would I be surprised? Not really. What I will claim is that I would be very surprised indeed to see Bitcoin end the year at less than $800 and I find it very likely that we will at least see $1,200 again.

It's up to you to decide what to do, but let me say this: The time to buy is when other people are selling. Don't buy when everyone else is bidding up the price to ridiculous levels... buy when everyone else is selling at a discount. I believe that time is now.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:40:33 AM

Excellent post! Couldn't agree more. I also feel that the sentiment on the forums is getting better for rising prices. Before perhaps there were too many how were certain there will be a bubble soon.

Considering infrastructure, mining profitability, "Wallstreet money" etc. it is quite clear that bitcoin is currently dirt cheap. However, that doesn't mean it couldn't go lower  Smiley

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
bomb177

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:43:23 AM

There were too many good news in this period, the price should rise in the next weeks.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

There were too many good news in this period, the price should rise in the next weeks.

nope, the price is dropping and will have a huge dump, Razick is going to lose $$$ if he doesn't cut lose now
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:52:38 AM

nope, the price is dropping and will have a huge dump, Razick is going to lose $$$ if he doesn't cut lose now

Falllling you should stop spreading bad news about the price...
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:38:21 PM

the word is LOSSES failure, LOSSES not LOSE. learn to spell you moron, also the price is not dropping. its 30$ over what you said it would be dropping to within 24 hours like 4 days ago. its like you try and be more wrong with every post...just shut up already.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:49:31 PM

the word is LOSSES failure, LOSSES not LOSE. learn to spell you moron, also the price is not dropping. its 30$ over what you said it would be dropping to within 24 hours like 4 days ago. its like you try and be more wrong with every post...just shut up already.

Don't feed the troll, I'm almost sure he's making these posts just for fun, to read and laugh at the users reactions.
His main account is a different one.
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:16:16 PM

Everyone is welcome to post their opinion, but if you disagree with me, please explain why you feel the way you do. Honestly, I am totally okay with the risk of losing what I invest. I only invest what I am willing to lose. I feel that it's a good investment because for every $10 I invest I could earn as much as $100 pretty quickly... but I can only lose the $10.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:23:11 PM

Everyone is welcome to post their opinion, but if you disagree with me, please explain why you feel the way you do. Honestly, I am totally okay with the risk of losing what I invest. I only invest what I am willing to lose. I feel that it's a good investment because for every $10 I invest I could earn as much as $100 pretty quickly... but I can only lose the $10.

The cost of each coin is around 600 dollars. So you will lose 600 dollars per coin if bitcoin become useless.
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:45:39 PM

The cost of each coin is around 600 dollars. So you will lose 600 dollars per coin if bitcoin become useless.

The price doesn't matter. I can only lose what I invest.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:17:05 PM

And how, pray tell, might bitcoin become useless?  My breath is bated.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:40:44 PM

How? Silly you. Armageddon will start and paradise will come to earth. So simple answer. Why you will need votes or money or whatever in place where you already have everything?
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:45:57 PM

How? Silly you. Armageddon will start and paradise will come to earth. So simple answer. Why you will need votes or money or whatever in place where you already have everything?

So your main argument for the failure of bitcoin is literally 'the end of the world'?

The trolls on here aren't trying as hard as the usual suspects on reddit. Traders vs paid disinformation shills I suspect.
Markos

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:46:59 PM

I think we need desperation phase to clear the market and start a healthy growth...
So we will have a repeat of autumn 2011 Smiley
falllling

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:55:26 PM

I think we need desperation phase to clear the market and start a healthy growth...

the huge dump and desperation phase are coming
inca
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:17:09 PM

Actually all we need is a little bump upwards towards 680. I don't sense desperation anywhere. Stagnant prices in a sea of good news.

Whoever is continually dumping will exhaust their supply of coins soon..
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:18:29 PM

The cost to put additional coin into the network is getting higher and higher.

We already know many are hoarding for a long time. If they didn't sell at 1000+, they are not going to sell now.

With supply shrinking, cost needs to go up to bring additional supply into the market.
Markos

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

Actually all we need is a little bump upwards towards 680. I don't sense desperation anywhere. Stagnant prices in a sea of good news.

The longer price remains in consolidation, the bigger price's increase we will see. Temporary decline to 200-300 doesn't interfere with the consolidation in long term.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:20:20 PM

The longer price remains in consolidation, the bigger price's increase we will see. Temporary decline to 200-300 doesn't interfere with the consolidation in long term.

It seems obvious that a lot of coins are changing hands with the price remaining stable. This accumulation phase will not go on forever. Anything can happen but i doubt we retest the 2xx range. It would likely damage bitcoin for many months if not longer. Ultimately the vast majority of actors in the space want higher prices. Even a determined bad actor (say a central bank funded rogue player) cannot stop the market functioning if adoption levels rise rapidly.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:27:44 PM

Good post; this is all about adoption and
recognition. And both keep on growing.
Razick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:25:55 PM

The only thing I can see happening is a major weakness being discovered that either can't be fixed easily, or causes to much loss before it is fixes; or something else much better being invented.

I don't see either happening in the next year or so, but who knows.

Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:10:58 PM

How about this: either through government blackouts or acts of God (Smiley), widespread loss of internet access. If price is linked to network size and utility, well then, that presents an ugly scenario for price. Smiley

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:30:23 PM

How about this: either through government blackouts or acts of God (Smiley), widespread loss of internet access. If price is linked to network size and utility, well then, that presents an ugly scenario for price. Smiley
Don't forget nuclear annihilation or alien invasion.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:41:54 AM

And how, pray tell, might bitcoin become useless?  My breath is bated.

Don't forget nuclear annihilation or alien invasion.

Don't forget SHARKNADO!
Shocked

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:53:59 AM

Whenever you see a discount for using bitcoin it means someone is willing to pay more than spot for coins. This is a very good way to acquire coins off exchange. While there is some slippage in the short term, in the longer term, the market remains untouched, ie one's buying does not move the market higher. This is how the smart guys are acquiring coins right now. They are making deals with online retailers and willing to pay a slight premium over the very exchange price they are stomping with shorts.

Zohann

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:25:18 AM

I've invested over 90k, and still am buying...  and I'm underwater on it.. But WTF.. it drops to 300 I'll just buy 90K more... I don't see EC being broken anytime soon.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:29:54 AM

I've invested over 90k, and still am buying...  and I'm underwater on it.. But WTF.. it drops to 300 I'll just buy 90K more... I don't see EC being broken anytime soon.

Sounds good man. But $90k just isn't gonna go that far. How about $900k? That might make a bit of a dent in this sell pressure. Tongue

Zohann

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:40:14 AM

Sounds good man. But $90k just isn't gonna go that far. How about $900k? That might make a bit of a dent in this sell pressure. Tongue

I hear ya.. I ain't trying to hold up the market by any means and don't have the funds to do so...  but collectively I think there's many more that want in BTC than out..   "Do what you will, the capital is at hazzard".
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:58:31 AM

Aug 1 st was approx $50 million of speculative money that will be in for at least the medium term as this is the 1st day in a while the average trade in $ was significantly higher than the currently $50M ish daily average ....since July 1 and 2. They will also buy steadily in drops in price.   If it ever gets to $400 ( unlikely) even smaller players like me will buy in again substantially..raising the price again. I do not think that a drop to $400 is a realistic possibility given current conditions and it is more likely that after the weaker holders have been shaken out around the $600 level the next push upward to test $700 will kick in.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635667.msg7082530#msg7082530

Accumulation by big players continues and they will not sell in the medium term unless uber bad news hits the fan (like another exchange folding up)

http://www.quandl.com/BCHAIN/ETRVU-Bitcoin-Estimated-Transaction-Volume-USD
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: