Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could trade faster, Would you want too?  (Read 1230 times)
viking_coin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:35:44 AM

If I told you that a coin was released to improve trading for everyone, Would you want to use it?

It will give you the option to bypass Bitcoin long conformation times. Allowing users to transfer funds between exchanges and confirm faster than Bitcoin, so you have access to you funds within minutes.

Have you ever missed a good price on an altcoin before the price sky rocketed?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Coin that can be sent rapidly between exchanges so you can quickly Buy newly listed coins?

Are you tired of New Coins released with promises instead of a legit purpose?

Fly by night coins, wasting your mining time and costing you money?

I created Viking Coin to resolve all your trading woes. Since its my Contribution to Crypto as a whole, Viking was not premined. This coin was designed to give traders a rapid exchange coin, making it easier to transfer funds to exchanges faster so you can catch the New Altcoins at the best prices.

How is Viking different?

Low coin count and low rewards are in place for price stability. 5,000 Viking Coins will be minted, allowing users to "Color Up" for larger bills and send any amount of BTC from one exchange to the next.  Rewards are currently 0.01 Vik, this is to maintain 90 second blocks over a long period of time, halving begins at 100,000 Block mark.

Merge mining is being implemented and moving to the testing phase. This will allow the diff to go up to maintain security while producing the blocks on a regular schedule. We already have confirmation from an established merge mining pool about being added as soon as Merge Mining is complete. Viking Coin is sha256, merge mining with BTC, NMC, Dev coin and others can be mined at the same time.

Viking Coin Market on every exchange would allow Viking Coin to flourish. Users will have better chance of catching the best prices at any given time.

Viking was built for one purpose, to give crypto traders a better alternative to Bitcoin Confirmation times. Don't get me wrong, Viking support and loves Bitcoin. When it comes to day trading somethings can be improved on, in trading minutes matter.

Can I mine Viking Coin now?

Shhh don't tell, but Mining Viking now is a great idea. The KGW is in place until merge mining is complete. Diff is currently low which makes for easy mining. ~50k Blocks till halving.

Pool- pool.thevikingcoin.com or ispace.co.uk
Website - www.thevikingcoin.com

Block Explorer- block.thevikingcoin.com

Only - 1569.671 Vik minted

Viking Coin was release in May and has been cruising under the radar. Please join us in giving back to the Crypto Community Viking Coin was made for traders so lets use it

Viking Coin- SHA 256 -5,000 Vik
thevikingcoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:51:01 AM

they are trying this now with Banksy coin and getting lots of orphans, how do you intend to get around that ?  ore are you talking no faster than any of the other speedy alt coins out there ....

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
viking_coin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:31:15 AM

they are trying this now with Banksy coin and getting lots of orphans, how do you intend to get around that ?  ore are you talking no faster than any of the other speedy alt coins out there ....

I'm sure other coins may be faster but was not designed specifically for trading. Meaning that have large coin counts or premines that can be dumped and kill the value of the coin.

With Bitcoin everone knows it can be atleast 30-45 mins on a good day for Btc to confirm. Viking beats Bitcoin confirmations every time, even on Bitcoins best days.

Here is a video of Viking Vs Bitcoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPwiTcDSrXE

"they are trying this now with Banksy coin and getting lots of orphans"

Can you be more specific, are you talking about the merge mining? I don't want to give you a vague political answer. Or a promise "We will do this to make sure this is not a problem"

I tested Viking for 6 weeks before every releasing it.  We haven't had any issue yet, Before the merge mining is ever put into place it will be tested and tested and retested.

thevikingcoin.com
viking_coin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:36:42 AM

Since this is  a Contribution to Crypto.

Viking Coin- Welcomes any devs or users that want to help out and make changes. If you see an issue or would like to see something changed it will and can be done.

thevikingcoin.com
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:54:00 AM

I had a similar idea

Have a coin with stability and good volume on a large number of exchanges, that's main purpose is transfer of funds across exchanges in a much quicker time than bitcoin.

But there are too many variables to take into account, needing enough people to be trading it, giving it other features that give it value not just solely a quick transfer of value. Having it on enough exchanges. many many more.

having it run like counter party or mastercoin, having it run on top of an already established coins blockchain may help, but the coin it is being run off would need to be secure and stable enough itself and have quick enough confirmation times. 

viking_coin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:53:04 AM

I had a similar idea

Have a coin with stability and good volume on a large number of exchanges, that's main purpose is transfer of funds across exchanges in a much quicker time than bitcoin.

But there are too many variables to take into account, needing enough people to be trading it, giving it other features that give it value not just solely a quick transfer of value. Having it on enough exchanges. many many more.

having it run like counter party or mastercoin, having it run on top of an already established coins blockchain may help, but the coin it is being run off would need to be secure and stable enough itself and have quick enough confirmation times. 

The original idea was to use the KGW to maintain block times and adjust the diff incase of sharp fall off in hashrate. KGW serves it purpose almost too well, so that's why we are implementing merged mining.  Viking has already received commitment from an established merged mining pool, so Viking will be mine with Bitcoin, Namecoin, i0coin, ixcoin, Devcoin and Groupcoin. This will allow the difficulty to go up for chain security while ensuring consistent block times. 

About features to give Viking a value instead of trade based value.

Viking Coin is Open Development. Meaning If you are capable of adding a feature. Let say Anon Tx for example, feel free to integrate it. We accept any improvements that will better this coin and better the use for traders. I'm not going to lie, other devs are way more talented than I am and have great ideas. Viking Coin is ready to be molded to serve the community, not just be guided in a direction I choose.

Needing Enough people trading and mining is the point where Im at now.  The coin works, it does what it supposed to do and has been in action witout error for 2 months now. VikingCoin has outlasted a few coins in that time. Some lost a lot of money, on broken coins bandages with false hopes and dreams. We are on 2 Exchanges that probably don't have 1 BTC between them, so when people look at Vik and see the values its discouraging.

Think about it, By halving at 100,000 blocks their will be roughly ~2,200 Viking minted, at current rate it will take 1 year after halving to produce another ~700 Vik.  3,000 coins would allow enough coins to settle into each exchange opening up the cross exchange trading. At the rate coins are produced it will not be a good idea to sell large amounts of Viking, as it will get harder and harder to obtain.

It may take some time for people to see that Viking Coin is here for you. You may over look us now, but you will see us again and again and again.  Its here to help make you some money. I don't have a hype squad and am not selling bags of "P".  I just seen an area that could use some improvement, also giving another option on transfers. 

Right now its still pretty easy to mine Viking Coin so it should lead to a profit seeing how you can still rack up whole coins. With my Antminer S1 I get around 3 Viking a day at pool.thevikingcoin.com

As for how long that will last it shouldn't be much longer. The KGW will be removed for merged mining so difficulty should run up around Bitcoin or Namecoin

thevikingcoin.com
viking_coin (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:11:25 AM

As more and more coins show up for a few days and disappear leaving many users to pick up the pieces. I ask that you consider Viking Coin, build for a purpose. No smoke, no mirrors, no promises for the future Viking is here to better the community.

Viking has 0 premine- I used my Antminer S1 for Giveaways

Currently I can get around ~3 Viking per day at 180ghs. So I think now is a great time to earn a few whole coins as Viking outlasts coins on a daily basis. We would love to have you as a part of the Viking Community we will progress forward with or without you. Hopefully its with you.

thevikingcoin.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: