Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARGENTINA COULD BE THE 1ST COUNTRY USING BITCOIN AS OFFICIAL CURRENCY  (Read 7094 times)
Hiraga

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:25:29 AM

Ecuador has decided a state-backed digital currency might help it to avoid a financial crisis.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/07/ecuador_follows_bitcoin_ban_with_digicurrency_proposal/
movelikejagger

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:34:07 AM

Of course it would be great...but cant believe in it...too awesome to be the truth
DoubleBEE

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:53:53 AM

Of course it would be great...but cant believe in it...too awesome to be the truth
agree with you
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:17:02 AM

I heard Andreas Anotonopoulos talk about Argentina and how close they are to their 3rd fiat crash. I really hope they could give bitcoins a try at least. But it's sort of farfetched for now, imagine the elderly etc, they won't have any idea what they are doing.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:42:41 PM

I heard Andreas Anotonopoulos talk about Argentina and how close they are to their 3rd fiat crash. I really hope they could give bitcoins a try at least. But it's sort of farfetched for now, imagine the elderly etc, they won't have any idea what they are doing.

It will be great if Argentina give chance to Bitcoin.
In their current financial situation, they have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.
But, I don't think they are ready for this step.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:48:32 PM

It will be great if Argentina give chance to Bitcoin.
In their current financial situation, they have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.
But, I don't think they are ready for this step.

I think it's a good time for them to try, as they are facing big financial problems. This could help them

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:00:58 PM

why dont they use the US dollar first right?

since adopting US dollar is easier just like in the zimbabwe

but if they really use bitcoin as their country currency, i can foresee bitcoin price shoot pass 10,000 dollar each
dadaas

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:15:15 PM

but if they really use bitcoin as their country currency, i can foresee bitcoin price shoot pass 10,000 dollar each

It is quite possible that some people in Argentina are stashing up with Bitcoins and now are trying to encourage someone in their government to make it official there because they are aware of fact that they can earn lot of fiat and they are trying to exploit situation there.
CRServers

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

The Argentinian monetary disaster will be good for the people as they will become more aware of Bitcoin and what it means.
So I feel Bitcoin will gain popularity fast.

That the Argentinian government would adopt Bitcoin? ... Never
They are "Regulators". They will never surrender any of their power (specially economic) to anybody or anything.
So if their Peso gets so devaluated and it becomes worthless, they could probably adopt another strong Fiat currency like US Dollar or Euro.
Or keep on fooling their people by issuing an "electronic currency" of their own like Ecuador's president is trying to do.

Regards,
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:44:13 PM

It is quite possible that some people in Argentina are stashing up with Bitcoins and now are trying to encourage someone in their government to make it official there because they are aware of fact that they can earn lot of fiat and they are trying to exploit situation there.

Stashing up bitcoins/dollars is what I expect everybody in Argentina is doing now. Tongue
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

i sure hope they don't plan on doing more than 7 transactions per sec.
cause that's all bitcoin suppports right now.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:16:07 PM

I don't see any country adopting a currency as "Official" if they can't control it
dadaas

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:42:05 PM

Stashing up bitcoins/dollars is what I expect everybody in Argentina is doing now. Tongue

That's what I would do. Even just rumors can make Bitcoin price jump. We will wait and see. It seems like that's whole point of Bitcoin right now Cheesy
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:25:50 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 02:30:13 PM by polynesia

That's what I would do. Even just rumors can make Bitcoin price jump. We will wait and see. It seems like that's whole point of Bitcoin right now Cheesy

Rumours (like China banning bitcoin) can drive prices down as well.  Cheesy
dadaas

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

Rumours (like China banning bitcoin) can drive prices down as well.  Cheesy

Of course, it already did once. But let's stay positive Smiley
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:31:09 PM

The effect of rumours is usually short term. So to that extent, it gets reversed when the rumours are proved false.
BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:45:08 PM

After the default in Argentina, their gov could be on a perfect position to implement Bitcoin as a national currency.

But first the president Cristina Kirchner (@CFKArgentina) needs to know about this option, and the benefits of doing such incredible change.

We should make an international campaign/effort to convince her that this would be the best to do, and we should do it fast before the CITIBANK/JP MORGAN/FED take care of their debt.

http://www.coindesk.com/argentinas-debt-default-good-bitcoin/

It could maybe work as a way of using Bitcoin as a countries reserve, but making it the FIAT currency won't work. It's not as easy to use in everyday life and many people still have or are going to want to rely on regular bank notes. But it would be a great thing for Bitcoin and I'd welcome that decision, even if it was just in order to see that experiment play out!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dadaas

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:00:26 PM

The effect of rumours is usually short term. So to that extent, it gets reversed when the rumours are proved false.

Sure, but people who are good at trading Bitcoins can use that rumor to earn some extra BTC on it.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:25:09 AM

Sure, but people who are good at trading Bitcoins can use that rumor to earn some extra BTC on it.

Yes, but if you are in a long term hold position, you won't get impacted.
The people who lose out are those who rush out to sell at the first hint of bad news.
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1874
Merit: 1394

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

governments dont use gold as a currency because if they try gold price will raise too much.
so btc wont be used as a currency just the same reason.
no country will do this , every goverment demands a controllable currency ,why should they use another currency while they can use their own currency.
btc is good for customers not for goverments.
cyprus crysis raised btc because customers rushed to btc not goverment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: