Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Bitcoin Price Speculations  (Read 2576 times)
teodor87 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

OK. It's awesome that people always have their own, unique opinions about bitcoins price increase, but come on!

I also wish bitcoin to be worth 500,000.00 dollars.

However, when making your calculations, you don't get in mind the following:

1. Greed - if bitcoin prices start to rise again, and market reaches 60 - 70k bitcoins daily most of the old investors would sell way below 10,000.00. So prices will fall again. And a snowfall would it be.

2. Simple logic - let's say price gets to 500,000.00 (it's not entirely impossible). For that to happen, market has to reach at least 100k bitcoins a day to create enough bullish velocity. Minimum.
Not only - how many people worldwide own 500,000.00 in cash, ready for an investment? And how many of them would risk it for a currency with no real backup? Very few.
There is a mental limit of 25,000.00. A lot of people would freak out if it reaches such price. And they will sell. However, due to the increased market, and the velocity of sales price will not be stable above 25 grand and will landslide again to at least 5 grand.
Third - serious investors are greedy. Fact. But even they are not so greedy to invest billions of dollars again in a currency with no backup, if they could make a guaranteed 2 - 5% annual return on their investments.
Another thing - let's say the average transaction if BTC is 500,000$ is say 2500$ (which is A LOT). That's 0,05BTC. How many people have to buy 2500$ worth of BTC per day to reach the needed 100000 BTC market?

20 MILLION!

3. Fiat currency - fiat currency is a VERY HARD THING TO SUSTAIN! Very hard. That's why (and because some bankers didn't follow the rules) we had a crisis, just 6 years ago. A crisis that we've not recovered from yet completely.
But fiat currencies have evolved over centuries. In the beginning all currencies were gold and/or silver and/or brass coins. Why? Simple - metals were hard to obtain. Brass was the easiest to produce, silver was not so easy, gold was almost impossible to get.
That's why gold was the most expensive metal to make coins of. That's when the first banks appeared. What they did back then is simply protect your gold for 2% annual interest (paid to them). But due to the increased amount of transactions banks had problems such as thievery and logistic problems, thus years later central banks appeared, and decided that notes, backed by gold and silver will be issued, and the central bank of each country issued it's own notes, distributed within the boundries of it's country of origin.
Then in the end of 16-th century the london stock exchange was established and later the Rothschild brothers invented the cheque payment system.
It was based on real currency, that was in the bank. Then banks got in the game. The first investment banks appeared. They were making a lot of money, but it was not enough to cover all their investments. So banks started issuing bonds, obligations and bank guarantees.
In 1916, the Federal Reserve removed the silver standard of notes (silver notes became legal tender) and the reserve issued silver bonds, for each note printed. Then a lot of people started to get credit and the reserve issued bonds to the banks, giving the money to people.
In 1970 the gold standard was removed too. Credit system was very popular by then, bad credit began to rise.
That's why banks gave 10's of times more money that they own to people. There is the problem.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prez

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:48:16 PM

Great idea, lets make a new thread instead of posting in the one we already have.

Just as good of an idea as taking paypal gift in exchange for bitcoins because its not reversible  Roll Eyes

Side note- You have my address to pay the $100 you bet me, incase you missed it here it is
1KCt9ZFS2L6QW4vcdTFqHVzusiaZe6wQGz
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:18:40 PM

Great idea, lets make a new thread instead of posting in the one we already have.

Just as good of an idea as taking paypal gift in exchange for bitcoins because its not reversible  Roll Eyes

Side note- You have my address to pay the $100 you bet me, incase you missed it here it is

Its irreversible. Read paypal user agreement. Ask your bank. Ask paypal.

teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:21:50 PM

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/Gift-payments-reversible/td-p/462611?profile.language=en-gb

Read it and weep loser. Since you have taken the bet you owe me a benjamin.

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

It is still reversible if the user claims fraud within about 3 months.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:30:36 PM

It is still reversible if the user claims fraud within about 3 months.

This kid doesn't realize he's wrong and won't ever. Most likely never had any money to bet let alone deal with a paypal chargeback.
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:55:14 PM

The kid is 27 and used to work in a bank.

To the first user - credit cards even have 6 months chargeback period. Also - you cannot claim fraud when you send money to your friend or family. Only if someone hacks your account and sent gift to themselves. Furthermore here is a way around the buyer protection - it only covers single payments. If something is paid in parts it only covers the first payment.

To the scammer - how many profiles you have you 419er?

Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:59:41 PM

To the first user - credit cards even have 6 months chargeback period. Also - you cannot claim fraud when you send money to your friend or family. Only if someone hacks your account and sent gift to themselves. Furthermore here is a way around the buyer protection - it only covers single payments. If something is paid in parts it only covers the first payment.

You'll grow up one day don't worry. Until then don't sell your coins for paypal gift unless you like chargebacks.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

None of your #2 arguments make sense. They depend on unsupportable assumptions, such as you can't own fractional bitcoins and that an average transaction will be $2500.

In order for the value of a bitcoin to reach $500,000 (in today's dollars), Bitcoin would have to become the primary global currency (replacing the dollar). That isn't impossible, but it is extremely unlikely.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:29:44 PM

I used to think family/friend payment wasn't reversible but found out the hard way that it is. They have to claim that someone hacked their account, etc, but everything on paypal is technically reversible..
Bitcoin Charts

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:36:45 PM

buy where money come from if it worth 500.000 Cheesy ?
my predicition maxium will each 10k / BTC . that my prediction . and minimum around $200/btc
Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

I used to think family/friend payment wasn't reversible but found out the hard way that it is. They have to claim that someone hacked their account, etc, but everything on paypal is technically reversible..

Yet another vouch that it is reversible. How many people have agreed with you? None in case you werent counting.
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:18:10 PM

teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:20:27 PM

None of your #2 arguments make sense. They depend on unsupportable assumptions, such as you can't own fractional bitcoins and that an average transaction will be $2500.

In order for the value of a bitcoin to reach $500,000 (in today's dollars), Bitcoin would have to become the primary global currency (replacing the dollar). That isn't impossible, but it is extremely unlikely.

No. As I wrote the daily turnover is 40000BTC. So @ 500,000 its going to be 20bln. Thats how the banking system work. But it has backup. 4% of all cash is printed. The rest is electronic currency.

Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:24:21 PM

You can copy/paste all day but you are still wrong. It's okay though I know you don't have the money to pay up on your bet you lost.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:00:51 AM

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/Gift-payments-reversible/td-p/462611?profile.language=en-gb

Read it and weep loser. Since you have taken the bet you owe me a benjamin.

I used to sell in game gold all the time using paypal's "gift" option and I can tell you right now that all they have to do is login to their paypal via a proxy and send you the money. They then have 45 days to claim that their account was hacked and all that money is reversed. I've experienced it multiple times first hand. Don't fool yourself.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:55:05 AM

You can copy/paste all day but you are still wrong. It's okay though I know you don't have the money to pay up on your bet you lost.

This topic isnt about it, douche. And you owe me. As i said - make your buyera pay in parts. Make them send 50$ first "for fees" and the rest as second payment. I know it. I experienced it.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:11:53 AM

This topic isnt about it, douche. And you owe me. As i said - make your buyera pay in parts. Make them send 50$ first "for fees" and the rest as second payment. I know it. I experienced it.

Well as far as your OP goes, I give 1/2 star (out of possible 5 stars). And you get the 1/2 star simply because you seemed to attempt to rub 2 brain cells together to come up with your analysis.

However, your "real" speculation is basically just random, pieced together, rawly subjective and non-informative speculation. Not very "real," unfortunately.

Keep trying.
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:58:43 AM

Pay in parts? This prevents chargebacks?

For someone that "worked in a bank", you really sound retarded.

No signature purchase? CHARGEBACK. It's that easy.

Signature purchase? PIN transaction? A little more difficult to chargeback, but still entirely possible.

It's all in what the cardholder tells the bank. If the cardholder lies in the appropriate fashion, then it's Affidavit -> CHARGEBACK.

Why must people spout shit they have NO ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with?

You cannot chargeback multiple transactions for a single product/services in the EU.
And a chargeback is serious issue.
Also I ve tried it. By mistake. Someone had rlto pay me 1600$. And for an unknown reason he did two x 800$.
AfterwRds I received my favourite paypal claim email and 800$ were frozen and then taken back. I read the buyer protection rules. And it clearly states it. It doesnt cover cars, gifts and multiple payments. Just read the damn thing.

If you do not trust me about the chargeback policy of banks I could send you our modus operandi that we used in FINVBGSF. You have to translate it in english.

teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:03:21 AM

Well as far as your OP goes, I give 1/2 star (out of possible 5 stars). And you get the 1/2 star simply because you seemed to attempt to rub 2 brain cells together to come up with your analysis.

However, your "real" speculation is basically just random, pieced together, rawly subjective and non-informative speculation. Not very "real," unfortunately.

Keep trying.

You obviously know nothing about banking and finance. I have an Economics masters degree, worked in a bank for four years, and trade forex for 8.

The above is real. Its an answer to the topic of another user of how bitcoins would overtake USD and will reach 500,000 dollars just because price increased tenfold last year.

Thats why. And everything written by me is 100% fact. I studied this in school and in the university of Sofia.

Read a book if you want to look smart.

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:11:36 AM

Keep trying.

You obviously know nothing about banking and finance. I have an Economics masters degree, worked in a bank for four years, and trade forex for 8.

The above is real. Its an answer to the topic of another user of how bitcoins would overtake USD and will reach 500,000 dollars just because price increased tenfold last year.

Thats why. And everything written by me is 100% fact. I studied this in school and in the university of Sofia.

Lol. How impressive. I guess those teachers in your Economics master classes told your 25k would be a pychological barrier for bitcoin. You didn't pull that # out of your ass at all.

Forex isn't bitcoin. Banking isnt bitcoin. If you were so fucking bright, you would have bought bitcoin when it was <$10 and youd be wealthy today. But you aren't that bright. IN FACT that you worked in a bank of 4 years instead of running your own company that you created makes me think your even less bright.

So get some REAL LIFE experience "if you want to look be smart."

Oh, that's right. Your too busy arguing over a $50 transaction in paypal. Obviously, you are rolling high.
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:14:31 AM

Pay in parts? This prevents chargebacks?

For someone that "worked in a bank", you really sound retarded.

No signature purchase? CHARGEBACK. It's that easy.

Signature purchase? PIN transaction? A little more difficult to chargeback, but still entirely possible.

It's all in what the cardholder tells the bank. If the cardholder lies in the appropriate fashion, then it's Affidavit -> CHARGEBACK.

Why must people spout shit they have NO ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with?

Man do I dislike less informed people. Ok. We're talking of paypal buyer protrction reversal. Chargeback is done by banks.

This idiot protects his boyfriend (his second account).

No one talks about a POS transaction chargeback. Thats different because you have to pay for something with your card.

So a chargeback in Paypal is possible eventhough the payment is sent through their system. Why? The person charges paypal back. Not you (the user).

What signature, what PIN? Were talking about an online transaction. No one uses PIN online. You have CVV and 3D secure (Visa, MasterCard). Thats a 2F banking authentication system in the EU.

teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:17:04 AM

Keep trying.

Lol. How impressive. I guess those teachers in your Economics master classes told your 25k would be a pychological barrier for bitcoin. You didn't pull that # out of your ass at all.

Forex isn't bitcoin. Banking isnt bitcoin. If you were so fucking bright, you would have bought bitcoin when it was <$10 and youd be wealthy today. But you aren't that bright. IN FACT that you worked in a bank of 4 years instead of running your own company that you created makes me think your even less bright.

Oh, that's right. Your too busy arguing over a $50 transaction in paypal. Obviously, you are rolling high.

Bro, I workeD in a bank. I have a company. I trade forex wih real cash. Last year i made 25k on forex alone. I even wrote my gbp/usd and xauusd trades here in may or june last year....

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:17:11 AM

Keep trying.

Bro, I workeD in a bank. I have a company. I trade forex wih real cash. Last year i made 25k on forex alone. I even wrote my gbp/usd and xauusd trades here in may or june last year....

Bro, you made 25k in Forex. Not bad. You worked in a bank. Fair enough. I've earned over 26x your annual forex earnings in only the first 7 months of this year between a business I own and trading bitcoin (not counting bitcoin appreciation last 2 months).

Like I said, get some real world experience and get smarter. There are people doing real grade A analysis on this forum. Your OP was weak sauce. Give us something substantial. Or at least learn to take a little criticism. I have.
teodor87 (OP)

Man is King!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:20:33 AM

I made 25k on forex. This doesnt include my regular income. I sell chemichals. I make enough not to care about your opinion.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:11:11 PM

I made 25k on forex. This doesnt include my regular income. I sell chemichals. I make enough not to care about your opinion.

Any tips on forex trading strategy?
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: