Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2024, 01:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464218 times)
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:20:18 AM

... check if the wallet has synced successfully, enter my password to start staking and check how many coins I have in my wallet?

TIA!

Code:
./sterlingcoind getinfo

... will display your current block height. Currently, "blocks" : 825661

Code:
./sterlingcoind walletpassphrase PASSWORD 999999

... will unlock for 999999 minutes (months)

Code:
./sterlingcoind getinfo

... will also display how many and how many are actively being staked.

I suggest not unlocking the wallet until after it has fully synced. You can watch your block height to gauge that.

I hope this info is helpful!

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:32:13 AM

I am so very pleased to announce,

The delisting from Cryptopia has been stopped! Citing the community demand to retain the listing, the warning and planned delisting have been removed. Thank you so much, Sterlingcoiners!

On that note I feel confident in saying, Happy Birthday Sterlingcoin!

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:43:45 AM

This is a very good news indeed. Congrats dev and the community which supported.
@dev.
Is there any plan for the near future for your token? Any future development, novel feature?
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:16:02 AM

... check if the wallet has synced successfully, enter my password to start staking and check how many coins I have in my wallet?

TIA!

Code:
./sterlingcoind getinfo

... will display your current block height. Currently, "blocks" : 825661

Code:
./sterlingcoind walletpassphrase PASSWORD 999999

... will unlock for 999999 minutes (months)

Code:
./sterlingcoind getinfo

... will also display how many and how many are actively being staked.

I suggest not unlocking the wallet until after it has fully synced. You can watch your block height to gauge that.

I hope this info is helpful!

Thanks again!!
mafia

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:16:51 AM

ok so I renamed the folder and config from/.Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin.conf to /.sterlingcoin/sterlingcoin.conf

also made Rpcuser lowercase and re ran make -f makefile.unix and this morning I saw this error message:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/l                                                                                        ibcrypto.so: invalid string offset 1117173 >= 68867 for section `.dynstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so:                                                                                         error adding symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile.unix:199: recipe for target 'sterlingcoind' failed
make: *** [sterlingcoind] Error 1

Full error here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbba18w98m05hmp/full%20error.txt?dl=0

Should I start fresh as this attempt is after the make error

Thanks for the detailed error link. In it I see: "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory"

Your Pi ran out of memory.

You may need up to 1 GB of RAM to compile. I am not sure of the specs of your Pi. If you have only 500 MB of RAM or less, you will need to mount a swap partition and use it during compile. This will use a portion of your hard drive (be it USB external or whatnot) as RAM. If your Pi does have 1 GB, you need to first free resources. Exit any programs that are not needed, then try compiling again.

You do not need this much RAM for sterlingcoind to run. But you do need it to compile.

If you need help making a swap, a quick google search yielded me these instructions: http://raspberrypimaker.com/adding-swap-to-the-raspberrypi/  which look to be easy to follow.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Yes, you should start fresh. Since it ran out of memory during the build process, some objects may be left built incorrectly/incompletely. The next attempt might falsely assume they are correct.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I see now you are using swap and it looks like you did adjust it. Yes, you need to just start fresh and you should be good.

I managed to get SterlingCoin compiled and running on Raspberry Pi following the instructions I posted earlier. I was initially using a Raspberry Pi B. Today I managed to complete all the steps using a Raspberry Pi 3 (newest one). Thank's everyone for your help!

Happy to help anyone that is trying to set this up.

Does anyone know the commands to check if the wallet has synced successfully, enter my password to start staking and check how many coins I have in my wallet?

TIA!

Could you please compile all the instructions in one post?
It would help a lot
I have an raspberry available

I will try and get this done for the community by end of this week Smiley Thanks everyone for your help!
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 08:14:23 AM

I am so very pleased to announce,

The delisting from Cryptopia has been stopped! Citing the community demand to retain the listing, the warning and planned delisting have been removed. Thank you so much, Sterlingcoiners!

On that note I feel confident in saying, Happy Birthday Sterlingcoin!

Thanks for confirming this!  It really is great news for SLG.  Shocked

Well done to everyone in this great wee community.  Grin 

Onward and upward!

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
mafia

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:45:29 PM

Installing Sterlingcoin on Raspberry Pi
For we will be using Raspian Jessie Lite

Update the OS:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Install packages:
sudo apt-get install git automake libssl-dev libboost1.55-all-dev libboost-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev eject
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev
sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev

Compile BerkeleyDB:
cd ~
wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
sudo tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make   
sudo make install

Set Swap file. *Might not be required for Raspberry pi 3 but I did it anyway:
sudo nano /etc/dphys-swapfile

We need to change this:
CONF_SWAPSIZE=100

This to:
CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024

Stop and start the service that manages the swapfile on Rasbian:
sudo /etc/init.d/dphys-swapfile stop
sudo /etc/init.d/dphys-swapfile start

Set environmental variables for compiling– NOTE: these 2 need to be run again if you get disconnected from SSH:
export CPATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"
export LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"

Variables for running Sterlingcoin:
sudo nano /etc/ld.so.conf.d/daemon-libs.conf    

Copy and paste:
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/

Save the config file and reload config
sudo ldconfig

Download Sterlingcoin:
git clone https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release.git
cd Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release
cd src
make -f makefile.unix

Create the config:
mkdir ~/.sterlingcoin
nano ~/.sterlingcoin/sterlingcoin.conf

Copy, paste and modify:
rpcuser=[ReplaceWithRandomCharacters]
rpcpassword= [ReplaceWithRandomCharacters]

Download the latest sterlingcoin bootstrap to your PC, unzip and upload via SSH (I used Filezilla) to ./Sterlingcoin
http://sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinBootstrap796871.zip

Create a Steringcoin service so Sterlingcoin will auto load on startup:
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/Sterlingcoin.service
Copy and paste   
[Unit]
Description=Sterlingcoin
[Service]
User=pi
ExecStart=/home/pi/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src/sterlingcoind
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src/
Restart=always
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Enable and start the service:
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl enable Sterlingcoin.service
sudo systemctl start Sterlingcoin.service

Check status:
sudo systemctl status Sterlingcoin.service

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:02:59 PM

Thanks gonna try this weekend!! Smiley
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:41:01 PM

Thanks gonna try this weekend!! Smiley

I finally did get a Raspberry Pi for myself. Because I installed and used different code prior, I was not able to test mafia's instructions verbatim, but thank you mafia for documenting this. However; I do have one thing I encountered that might help others.

If you get errors during compile like "error: cannot convert 'CBigNum*' to 'BIGNUM*' ... ", it comes from libssl1.1 incompatibility. Libssl 1.1 changed the way these calls need to be made. I did look into modifying the existing code to work with libssl1.1 but, those needed changes do look to be much deeper than I had hoped. Upon researching it, it does look like a problem facing many coins. I will continue rooting out and making all the needed changes, but after a weekend of doing so, I wanted my new Pi (3 model B) running a coin already.

The work-around I used to get SLG compiled was to install an older SSL library,

Code:
sudo apt-get install libssl1.0-dev

It is still syncing and I have yet to conduct test transactions. I do think those test will be fine, once I can conduct them.

I hope this information might be found useful to anyone facing the same mentioned errors.

mafia

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:22:25 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 12:20:43 PM by mafia

Hey CryptoCanary

Quick update on this. I rebooted my Raspberry Pi because I was getting an error after restoring my wallet.dat and now it is stuck on the attached screen on bootup. You can actually SSH to the raspberry pi for about 10 minutes at on bootup. I ran sudo systemctl disable sterlingcoin.service but it made no difference. I left it on this screen for 24 hours before I started to rebuild it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9281rvdhze0g67k/error.jpg?dl=0

EDIT: This is the first time I have rebooted my Pi since install
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:34:37 AM

This is a very good news indeed. Congrats dev and the community which supported.
@dev.
Is there any plan for the near future for your token? Any future development, novel feature?

Thanks p3ppymon.

Master nodes have been mentioned numerous times. While I will refrain from any timeframe-commitment to the community, a community that has been left disappointed far too many times, because of my personal life commitments the winter months do allow for much more development time. Off course, this would be incorporated into the current rebase plans.

Sorry for the delay in fielding your question, p3ppymon.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:50:43 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 02:43:32 AM by CryptoCanary

Hey CryptoCanary

Quick update on this. I rebooted my Raspberry Pi because I was getting an error after restoring my wallet.dat and now it is stuck on the attached screen on bootup. You can actually SSH to the raspberry pi for about 10 minutes at on bootup. I ran sudo systemctl disable sterlingcoin.service but it made no difference. I left it on this screen for 24 hours before I started to rebuild it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9281rvdhze0g67k/error.jpg?dl=0

EDIT: This is the first time I have rebooted my Pi since install

Hey mafia

I can see from the instruction set you have been working on that you are using Berkeley DB 4.8 in your Pi build. Windows Sterlingcoin wallets have used Berkeley DB 6.1 since at least v1.5, perhaps earlier. The Mac SLG build was updated to use Berkeley DB 6.1 to conform with the Windows builds in SLG v1.6.

To maintain portability of the wallet.dat file, you would have to build Berkeley DB 6.1 on your Pi. Alternatively, you could continue to use DB 4.8 on your Pi, but you would have to send the coins in an actual transaction from the other wallet. I suspect this is the root cause of the issue you are experiencing.

mafia

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:00:27 PM

Hello CryptoCanary

Should restoring the original empty wallet.dat and rebooting the Pi work? Because it didnt Smiley

Should I rebuild? Am I right in thinking I would get pretty much the same interest if I opened my Sterlingcoin wallet to stake once a month?
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

Hello CryptoCanary

Should restoring the original empty wallet.dat and rebooting the Pi work? Because it didnt Smiley

Should I rebuild? Am I right in thinking I would get pretty much the same interest if I opened my Sterlingcoin wallet to stake once a month?

Yes, restoring that wallet.dat should work. Yes, in my experiment it does.

My Pi is running Sterlingcoin and will do so after a reboot, yes.

If you did get it to build and you did get it to execute, I think you need to look elsewhere for the problem starting your Pi. I am not using systemd to start Sterlingcoin, so I can't simulate that specifically.

Depending on your balance and how many other coins are actively being staked on the network, once a month should suffice, yes. I would guess you might have to do so for 12 hours at minimum to have certainty you will yield 5.5% annual. Of course, doing so more often helps the network.

STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:20:42 PM

Hi all.

Ive been noticing recently that I have been picking up a lot more connections during syncing//staking.
Ordinarily I get about 7-8 connections.  Recently I've been getting 24-28.
Right now I've got 30 connections which, for me, is something of a record.  Cheesy

Has something happened re Sterlingcoin network that I am not aware of?   Huh

Sterling Sentinel

Mery33

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:24:50 PM

Hi all.

Ive been noticing recently that I have been picking up a lot more connections during syncing//staking.
Right now I've got 30 connections which, for me, is something of a record.  Cheesy

Sterling Sentinel

Friend hello! What would I know, this is a very promising coin! I personally brought in 5 investors! soon we are waiting for a good price increase!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 11:37:59 PM

Hi all.

Sterling Sentinel

Friend hello! What would I know, this is a very promising coin! I personally brought in 5 investors! soon we are waiting for a good price increase!

Hello Mery33. Thank you for yours and your friends investments and interest. Thank you for also sharing that and your enthusiasm!

Sterling Sentinel, thank you also for sharing your good news. You may be observing a combination of things. As you know, recent network fortifications were done to retain our listing on Cryptopia. Every VPS I have access to now runs a Sterlingcoin node. These will remain online 24/7 and have all the redundancies of modern data centers, generators, etc. Also friends and colleagues brought nodes online when learning of the Cryptopia situation. These nodes will stay online consistently, but perhaps short of 24/7 and might lack power outage protection. But still, their contribution is greatly appreciated.

At any rate, it is great to see a strong network! It will be getting even stronger once the CWI seednodes are brought fully online. Only 7 of the 25 currently are online. I was recently given a 1 month estimation for the other 18.

Thank you everyone that is running a node as often as possible. Especially if you are staking. This does help the Sterlingcoin network and is greatly appreciated.

AlexFF

Activity: 406
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:51:16 AM

Hi all.

Sterling Sentinel

Hello Mery33. Thank you for yours and your friends investments and interest. Thank you for also sharing that and your enthusiasm!

Sterling Sentinel, thank you also for sharing your good news. You may be observing a combination of things. As you know, recent network fortifications were done to retain our listing on Cryptopia. Every VPS I have access to now runs a Sterlingcoin node. These will remain online 24/7 and have all the redundancies of modern data centers, generators, etc. Also friends and colleagues brought nodes online when learning of the Cryptopia situation. These nodes will stay online consistently, but perhaps short of 24/7 and might lack power outage protection. But still, their contribution is greatly appreciated.

At any rate, it is great to see a strong network! It will be getting even stronger once the CWI seednodes are brought fully online. Only 7 of the 25 currently are online. I was recently given a 1 month estimation for the other 18.

Thank you everyone that is running a node as often as possible. Especially if you are staking. This does help the Sterlingcoin network and is greatly appreciated.

how much we are waiting for the flight to the moon! developers and the team is super. In the next year we will get to bittrex
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:28:02 AM

Hi all.

Ordinarily I get about 7-8 connections.  Recently I've been getting 24-28.
Right now I've got 30 connections which, for me, is something of a record.  Cheesy

Has something happened re Sterlingcoin network that I am not aware of?   Huh

Sterling Sentinel

Hello new friendly Sterlingcoiner!  Cheesy

Yes, you are correct, this is a very promising coin indeed!

Congratulations on bringing in 5 new investors  Shocked ; that is quite an achievement.  Well done.

I personally believe that there will be a good price increase in tome; just be patient.  Kiss

Sterling Sentinel

STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:33:28 AM

Hi all.

Sterling Sentinel

Hi buddy.

Glad to hear that everything is proceeding well at CWI.  That'll make all the difference to SLG.

I'm staking as much and as often as I can to help out.

Any other developments on the horizon?  Have you made any firm decisions on what to include in the next update?

Sterling Sentinel

Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: