Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto dump, but Xcoins the real losers  (Read 1635 times)
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:02:19 AM

It appears to me, and someone can object if he or she has figures, that Xcoins are the bigest losers in this dump. I suspect the minor ones to disapear, and perhaps DRK will tread water for a while. Monero will cease to exist, surely.

BTC will probably spring back, which means LTC will probably follow.

The scrypt coins are currently fighting the idea that Asic means death. I have no idea why that would be the case.

Hardware upgrades all the time. This is a just a shift from GPU to Asic, and not everyone will have the Asic that can sweep up every coin.

More likely is that anything that can only be mined with a CPU is the one to fall.

So BTC, LTC, maybe DRK, perhaps NMC, PPC the only coins that could rebound for a period of more than a month.

DRK is the one I'm undecided on

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numisma

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:04:59 AM

DRK and XC from this year surely.

@RIGNUMISMATIC - Try it out! - http://rentrig.co/rigs/10671
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:22:45 AM

Hundreds of thousands of gpus will just leave the market and give up? They will make their own market, if its not x-algo it will be something else.

BTC asics, gpus were dead, ltc asics, gpus were dead, x11 worthless, gpus dead. Im still running a 65% profit margin with my farm.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:35:05 AM

>>LTC and DRK will survive

nope.jpg

>>The scrypt coins are currently fighting the idea that Asic means death. I have no idea why that would be the case.

Let me help you to understand why. Because scrypt was created only in order to be mined without asics. Now that there are asics there is no point of them to exist.

How much did you lose m8?  Instead of trying to revive your almost dead coins try to invest on something that isnt premined and is actually doing the work it is supposed to do Wink

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:49:52 AM

The scrypt coins are currently fighting the idea that Asic means death. I have no idea why that would be the case.

well it wouldn't be the case, think you'll find half the FUD spreaders intend being on the ltc buy side at some point, hence their massive amount of ltc is dead type posts.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:44:23 AM

Hundreds of thousands of gpus will just leave the market and give up? They will make their own market, if its not x-algo it will be something else.

BTC asics, gpus were dead, ltc asics, gpus were dead, x11 worthless, gpus dead. Im still running a 65% profit margin with my farm.

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:48:59 AM

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free.

That reference is almost as old as I am.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: