Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoTycoons now offering Proof of Action (PoA) Campaigns!  (Read 4728 times)
ctenc001 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:33:41 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 09:25:55 PM by ctenc001

CryptoTycoons is proud to announce our latest service!
Proof of Action!

PoA campaigns aim to get a social buzz going for your coin. Each user is presented with a series of tasks to perform on social media websites and is rewarded in your coin for performing those actions!
Proof of Actions Campaigns are similar to fountains, where anyone can go and grab a few free coins, but require the user to promote the coin first. This ensures that the coin benefits from the given out coins by growing your social presence, telling others about the chance for free coins as well as about your coin, voting on various websites, etc. The sky's the limit in the actions we can ask the user to perform =)

Example Campaign:http://www.cryptotycoons.com/poa-campaigns/noblecoin-proof-action/

Details:
  • Payments are manual, and the responsibility of the Campaign Owner
  • Each Campaign has a .1 BTC setup and service fee
  • We will produce a daily report that includes: Addresses to pay out. Each action's performance, ipaddresses, timestamps, etc. used to weed out dummy accounts, as well as any other requested information
  • Campaign lasts for one month or The Campaign Owner closes it.

If you are interested in setting one up, PM me, or contact us at
CryptoTycoons.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:11:54 AM

Oh, and as always, feedback is appreciated!
SkullCoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:05:58 AM

I would like to try this out. Thx
Karn

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:13:34 AM

More coins should do this kind of thing

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:27:40 AM

POA, will look into this.  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

Thanks for the interest and support! We are willing to work with any coin! =)
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:21:36 PM

Our first campaign kicked off this morning and has already gotten over 60 social media actions!
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:34:21 PM

Bachelor number two, same question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740383.msg8687414#msg8687414
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

This is a self built system, not a third party.
With that in mind I can release the addresses that I pay out to and you can see payments for each action.
Over half of the actions are via twitter and facebook which are completely trackable. Just look at the tweets that are being retweeted and you get a count.

If you have a better way of proving let me know and ill try and implement it
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

Should that be considered an advantage or a disadvantage over proz? ;-)

With that in mind I can release the addresses that I pay out to and you can see payments for each action.

At least!

Over half of the actions are via twitter and facebook which are completely trackable.

Assuming we trust Twitter and Facebook.  I don't.

And the other half?

Just look at the tweets that are being retweeted and you get a count.

That only sort of helps, we still have the "how do we verify your anti-spam actions" problem.

How about simply recording a proof?

When an action is taken, a reference should be submitted to the coin's network.  Network nodes should retrieve and verify the reference material (verify x509 cert belongs to the action's corresponding "domain authority", confirm correct content of post/re-tweet or confirm some duration of "follow" exceeds some threshold time, etc) and sign a certification that (at the time of their retrieval) the action was validated.  Maybe they can even attest to some "not spam vote."

Both the "action data" and the certifications over them should be stored into the DHT under a Merkle tree, so if Twitter goes defunct and shuts down servers tomorrow we can still historically validate actions.  The data should probably even be entered into some authenticated index(es) for easy analysis/retrieval. (Reverse finger tree comes to mind, given the "plain text" nature most action data will likely have?) 

Alt-coin developers should ask themselves "is there any one person in the world who could affect/control my distribution process" and if the answer is "Jack Dorsey or Mark Zuckerburg (or many of their staffers) could disrupt my coin by changing some historical database records" then your distribution model is fundamentally flawed.

ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:47:55 PM

Should that be considered an advantage or a disadvantage over proz? ;-)

At least!

Over half of the actions are via twitter and facebook which are completely trackable.

Assuming we trust Twitter and Facebook.  I don't.

And the other half?

Just look at the tweets that are being retweeted and you get a count.

That only sort of helps, we still have the "how do we verify your anti-spam actions" problem.

How about simply recording a proof?

When an action is taken, a reference should be submitted to the coin's network.  Network nodes should retrieve and verify the reference material (verify x509 cert belongs to the action's corresponding "domain authority", confirm correct content of post/re-tweet or confirm some duration of "follow" exceeds some threshold time, etc) and sign a certification that (at the time of their retrieval) the action was validated.  Maybe they can even attest to some "not spam vote."

Both the "action data" and the certifications over them should be stored into the DHT under a Merkle tree, so if Twitter goes defunct and shuts down servers tomorrow we can still historically validate actions.  The data should probably even be entered into some authenticated index(es) for easy analysis/retrieval. (Reverse finger tree comes to mind, given the "plain text" nature most action data will likely have?) 

Alt-coin developers should ask themselves "is there any one person in the world who could affect/control my distribution process" and if the answer is "Jack Dorsey or Mark Zuckerburg (or many of their staffers) could disrupt my coin by changing some historical database records" then your distribution model is fundamentally flawed.

The address I'll be paying out with is public, so you can check that at any time once payouts begin this evening. They'll be happening once a day.

You don't trust twitter and Facebook to track like/tweet/retweet counts and present posts accurately? I seriously doubt facebook is going to throw in a bunch of fake likes just to make me look good...

Also you can look at an account and see friends/followers/followings/post counts and get an idea of how real the account is.

The other half, with this current campaign are things like visit the coins homepage. I can verify they navigated to the homepage, but there is no written proof. Each coin can select there own choice of actions. They can all be on facebook/twitter to make them traceable if they wanted.

We require a unique email, twitter account, and coin address for each action set. You gatta ask yourself if it is worth it to the spammer to create a unique account for each system for what amounts to less than $.01 of profit.   

Jack Dorsey or Mark Zuckerburg has the power to screw with just about every fortune 500's bottom line. If twitter or facebook go down, or decide to no longer allow ads, everyone hurts. That's not anything isolated to altcoins, and that's not something avoidable by any major company or coin. Those are two major advertising and social media services that everyone uses.
This is also one, very cheap service. The entire lifeline and well being of a coin should not be tied to just one outlet. Its up to the developers to 

This isn't meant to be a coins main distribution service, although it very easily could be. This is a promotional tool to get people talking about your coin.

For the type of proof you are requesting, it sounds like the coins themselves need to be modified. I'm not a coin dev, I'm a service provider.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:00:12 PM

You don't trust twitter and Facebook to track like/tweet/retweet counts and present posts accurately? I seriously doubt facebook is going to throw in a bunch of fake likes just to make me look good...

My point is that the assumption of trust itself is a bad bad thing.  It is not just facebook themselves, but hackers, botnets, etc.  Further, you are asking us not only to trust facebook, but *your* upstream link and handling over the data.  All some hacker has to do is middleman your session and fake some numbers to make you think there were some actions that never happened.

This process simply makes too many weak assumptions to be called a proof, that is all.

The other half, with this current campaign are things like visit the coins homepage. I can verify they navigated to the homepage, but there is no written proof.

Sooooo just make one!

We require a unique email, twitter account, and coin address for each action set. You gatta ask yourself if it is worth it to the spammer to create a unique account for each system for what amounts to less than $.01 of profit.   

Considering accounts are free and people in the world starve to death, the answer when I ask myself this is "yes, OFC."

Jack Dorsey or Mark Zuckerburg has the power to screw with just about every fortune 500's bottom line. If twitter or facebook go down, or decide to no longer allow ads, everyone hurts. That's not anything isolated to altcoins, and that's not something avoidable by any major company or coin. Those are two major advertising and social media services that everyone uses.

Some of the largest companies in history have gone under in a blink.  On a long enough timeline, no corporation survives.  On the other hand, a proper block chain is "forever."

This is also one, very cheap service. The entire lifeline and well being of a coin should not be tied to just one outlet. Its up to the developers to 

This isn't meant to be a coins main distribution service, although it very easily could be. This is a promotional tool to get people talking about your coin.

For the type of proof you are requesting, it sounds like the coins themselves need to be modified. I'm not a coin dev, I'm a service provider.

If you are not able to offer up a construct that automates formal proof, I have a simple solution for you!  Just remove the words "proof of" from all of your materials and replace with "payment for" instead - problem solved.

Don't call something a proof unless you mean it.  People might accidentally take you seriously.

ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:02:48 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 09:12:10 PM by ctenc001

PoA campaigns have now been updated to track and verify all tweets, retweets, follows, and facebook likes!
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:26:36 PM

We are proud to announce that this service is now out of beta!
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:23:54 AM

PoA campaigns have now been updated to track and verify all tweets, retweets, follows, and facebook likes!

Can you explain what this means?
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 11:09:43 AM

Can you explain what this means?
When keeping track of the actions you perform in the campaign, we can now ensure you really did tweet, retweet, follow, or like the linked page before adding points to your payout score.

The system's still very young (less than a week), not all actions can be tracked without a doubt yet.
For example if you ask use to post an action requesting the user to vote for your coin on mintpal; we could not track that action. We could only track up to the point of navigating and opening the mintpal voting page, not the actual voting.

Next on the list is further facebook tracking and reddit tracking which should be integrated this week.
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:40:26 AM

Latest update can now track Facebook comments!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: