Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Work or...  (Read 1443 times)
lulzplzkthx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 06:46:42 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2011, 08:17:30 PM by lulzplzkthx

Hello,

EDIT: I could also do some English writing, as it's also an enjoyable experience for me. I'm interested in mostly tech-related things. If you want me to write, let me know, and of course you would pay after you decide you like what I've written.

I'm lulzplzkthx, a web developer who has too much time on his hands.

I'm either selling work with PHP and MySQL (my best languages), and some AJAX and JS sexiness (primarily using jQuery, but I can use another framework if you'd like.)

Whatever I'm developing it would be very cool if it supported Bitcoin, or at least related to Bitcoin in some way...

Now, the "or" in my topic title is: Or you can give me an idea, and if I like it, I'll spend some time developing it, and either release it as a web application, or open source it.

For examples, you can check out my Bitcoin address "shortener", my LGPL'd Bitcoin lottery script, or my other projects located on my webpage. (For example, my PHP IRC bot is "neat": ZuzuBot, even though it isn't really a good use of PHP, heh.)

Post here, or send me a private message (warning: I might not notice PMs right away,) or find me in IRC as "lulzplzkthx".

~lulz

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 06:54:21 PM

A generic bitcoin order form would be nice Smiley

IE someone goes to the site, inputs what they want bought as a proxy sale, a link to where to buy it, and how much it is including shipping. The site spits a bitcoin address back at them and checks for a certain # of confirmations, once confirmed and at the right value, an email is sent to the buyer and the site owner/seller.

The backend of the site could have some info dumps for the owner, such as total btc in, total expended, customizable exchange rates and such.
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 06:59:56 PM

IE someone goes to the site, inputs what they want bought as a proxy sale, a link to where to buy it, and how much it is including shipping. The site spits a bitcoin address back at them and checks for a certain # of confirmations, once confirmed and at the right value, an email is sent to the buyer and the site owner/seller.

The backend of the site could have some info dumps for the owner, such as total btc in, total expended, customizable exchange rates and such.
I'm a little confused as to exactly what this does. Would the buyer or the seller create the Bitcoin address?

Is this an escrow service like ClearCoin or a Merchant gateway like MyBitcoin.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 07:34:43 PM

would you be interested in creating elgg plugins?
Garrett Burgwardt

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 07:48:47 PM

I'm a little confused as to exactly what this does. Would the buyer or the seller create the Bitcoin address?

The seller would create the address for the buyer to pay for the proxy purchase item based on the price the buyer puts in. So it would be a simplified order form for people who are willing to proxy sell things.
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 09:25:50 PM

The seller would create the address for the buyer to pay for the proxy purchase item based on the price the buyer puts in. So it would be a simplified order form for people who are willing to proxy sell things.
Oh! I understand! So this would be for proxy buying between Bitcoins and USD, or other fiat currencies?

Would the site owner proxy buy it, or would other users on the site?

Seems simple enough, and like a fun project. Do you want this open-sourced or just as a project that's usable (or both)?

Quote from: chris200x9
Possibly. What kind of plugins? I have no experience with Elgg, but would be willing to check it out.

Garrett Burgwardt

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:36:54 PM

Whatever you like, though I am a fan of open source projects, so hosting the code somewhere for other people to use would be great.

If it's done well, I'll tip well too - so don't hold back Wink

And I was thinking the site owner (this is specifically for a small webpage I want hosted), but if there was a good way to do it where anyone could proxy buy that would be pretty sweet.
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 09:42:43 PM

Whatever you like, though I am a fan of open source projects, so hosting the code somewhere for other people to use would be great.

If it's done well, I'll tip well too - so don't hold back Wink

And I was thinking the site owner (this is specifically for a small webpage I want hosted), but if there was a good way to do it where anyone could proxy buy that would be pretty sweet.
Perhaps I'll provide both ways. Smiley

I'm starting this project now.

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 10:00:27 PM

Possibly. What kind of plugins? I have no experience with Elgg, but would be willing to check it out.
[/quote]

I'm thinking of a texas holdem with bitcoin plugin, I have no bitcoins though so it's a pipe dream lol
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 10:02:50 PM

I'm thinking of a texas holdem with bitcoin plugin, I have no bitcoins though so it's a pipe dream lol
[/quote]
Heh, I might take a look at it when I finish with the other project.

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 10:06:27 PM

Heh, I might take a look at it when I finish with the other project.
[/quote]

I would have 15 btc but noooooooooooooo your a better writer Tongue
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 10:09:16 PM

Haha, it was a nice little job. (Thanks cuddlefish & Ubitex.)

lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 11:33:11 PM

I don't mean to bump my own thread for no reason, but I wanted to say that I've got a repository started on GitHub. It will be experiencing a large amount of activity, much of it superfluous at the moment, and it is nowhere near functioning, but thought you might want to know.

~lulz

lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 08:17:42 PM

I've updated the main thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: