Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Sold $1k worth of Bitcoins to... a Black Guy (gasp)  (Read 8055 times)
abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:16:56 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 02:19:31 AM by abercrombie

I've seen all of the Andreas Antonopoulos videos on YouTube speaking to various audiences.  They're truly inspirational but gave me the impression that Bitcoin in the United States was mainly for white people with a few token Asians sprinkled here and there.

Anyhow, I have an advertisement for local in-person cash trades for Bitcoin.  Trades are rare in my area, but I like to proliferate the coin whenever I can.  Plus, at my asking price the transaction would result in a relatively significant amount of pocket change.  So, I get a request to meet at my local Zoo parking lot.  Apparently, it was a person from one of America's largest cities driving in from out of town to visit our world famous local Zoo. But it just set off a few alarms.   How hard is it to get Bitcoins from the large city that he's from?  Meet at Zoo parking lot?  My ad specifically states to meet at Starbucks or McDonalds mainly for Internet access but also because of cameras everywhere.  Lastly, the guy sounded... black.   Shocked

Anyhow, I go ahead and call and have him meet me at the Starbucks nearest to the zoo.  I was getting nervous, even started to sweat after getting off the call.  Should I just cancel?  He could then give me my first bad feedback.   What if I get mugged.  I thought to myself what a horrible person I'd be cancelling the meet just because the guy sounded black.  Me being the weanie, I brought "muscle" just in case the guy tried to strong arm me into inputting my Google 2FA to validate the escrow and steal my coins.  My muscle was a fat guy that plays video games all day in his mother's basement.  No way would he get physical, but his orders were to video record from another table pretending to be a random customer.  Cheesy

The young guy finally shows up with basketball jersey tank top showing off his tattoos and wild urban cut afro.  He looked part Latino and Black and after inquiring about my handle, put down his phone to pull out the money.   The guy's smart phone had a shattered screen.  He has 1k to buy Bitcoin but can't even get a replacement screen for his phone?  After handing me 1k in hundred dollar bills, I broke out my counterfeit pen with UV light and validated the bills, verified the stripe was in the correct spot with the UV light.  He said, "You're a smart man."  Everything looked good and transferred the funds to the buyer.  

He even gave me the # (pound).  You know, when you knock fists like players do in basketball?  Tongue

Worked out well.  Have to admit, it was a rush.  Treated my fat friend to lunch at the nearby restaurant.

Going to hit a gentlemen's club tonight.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:40:07 AM

TimS

Activity: 250
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:41:43 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 11:55:24 AM by TimS

Apparently, it was a person from one of the U.S.'s largest cities driving in from out of town to visit our world famous local Zoo. But it just set off a few alarms.   How hard is it to get Bitcoins in the largest city where he's from?  My ad specifically states to meet at Starbucks or McDonalds mainly for Internet access but also because of cameras everywhere.  The handle was brand new.

Should I just cancel?  He could then give me my first bad feedback.   What if I get mugged.

The young guy finally shows up with basketball jersey tank top showing off his tattoos and wild urban cut ...  The guy's smart phone had a cracked screen.  He has 1k to buy Bitcoin but can't even get a replacement screen for his phone?  After handing me 1k in hundred dollar bills...
Some reasonable suspicions here.
Andreas Antonopoulos...gave me the impression that Bitcoin in the United States was mainly for white people with a few token Asians sprinkled here and there.

...Lastly, the guy sounded... black.   Shocked

What if I get mugged.  I thought to myself what a horrible person I'd be cancelling the meet just because the guy sounded black.

... afro.  He looked part Latino and Black ...

And racism here. Which is the larger part of your post? Yeah.

I'm glad to live in a place in the US where my race is not a huge majority. Helps keep me from seeing other races as "others".

Regardless, glad to hear that the trade went through without a problem.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

haha that's awesome. Glad everything worked out. Personally I'd be too chickenshit to do face-to-face with that much cash. Once you use your phone to release the btc, you can't predict if the dude will mean-mug you to take his cash back.

Let me guess, you met him at San Diego Zoo?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 02:18:13 AM

Let me see, the races I sold to were...

humans

Oh, and one ET.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:24:51 AM

This is why I recommend doing the transaction in a public place, and with someone who has previous positive feedback from whatever system you're using.  Then, it really wouldn't matter what they looked like, I'd be comfortable doing it.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:31:29 AM

Congrats on a successful sale. I don't blame you for being a wee bit nervous about meeting somebody completely random this way, whether he's black or not. That's why I like to do most of my business online. The other person might steal my money or my work, but at least he can't beat me up. And the other thing I like about the Internet is that, unless you're posting a bunch of selfies or that video of you getting drunk and doing something you wouldn't do while sober, nobody can tell what color your skin is. I could be Asian for all you know. And I was just talking to somebody who wasn't a native English speaker and he was fluent enough that I couldn't tell until he told me. So you never know.
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:33:58 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 02:51:10 AM by LouReed

Are you from the deep south by any chance? Lol!

I'm a little bit surprised you didn't say that you thought he was buying the Bitcoin to use to buy some Crack on the secret dark interweb! It's about the only racist implication you left out! Roll Eyes
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

You're surprised that black people use money and can conduct business without committing a crime. Yeah, ok.

caribbeanbitcoiner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:25:01 AM

smh, white people   Cheesy
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

I'm a little bit surprised you didn't say that you thought he was buying the Bitcoin to use to buy some Crack on the secret dark interweb! It's about the only racist implication you left out! Roll Eyes

To be fair... White or black, sounds like this is exactly what he was doing!!!!
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:37:49 AM

Heard there's a bitch fest going on here with blackies and white people.

Mostly I hear black bitching.

Funny because rest of the world regard 1st world white vs. black bitching the same way they look at two gay boys fighting over who gets to wear the dress.

Grow a fucking spine.
davida

Activity: 585

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:38:26 AM

Fkn white people.
*sigh* white Americans......worst white people..

Replace the word white with black in these sentences and I believe right now you would be getting attacked by hundred of people for being racist!!!!
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:19:39 AM

Whatever his race, this is a smart dude who is investing in the future
great story though I could have done without the stereotyping

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:25:10 AM

Race has never been the issue, its always been socio economics.
deepestfear

Activity: 291

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

Fantastic story, the slightly racist overtone aside
Underscores how btc can transcend all boundaries though

Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 09:28:34 AM

Heard there's a bitch fest going on here with blackies and white people.

Mostly I hear black bitching.

Funny because rest of the world regard 1st world white vs. black bitching the same way they look at two gay boys fighting over who gets to wear the dress.

Grow a fucking spine.

I will admit that I feel a hundred times safer walking around downtown Nairobi at night than I do in most large U.S. cities at night.

Congrats to OP for fulfilling the deal despite his trepidation about it.
Divinespark

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:29:19 AM

I have traded coin with black folks several times before
Hardly the groundbreaking news you are making this out to be...

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 09:32:41 AM

It was completely outside his comfort zone though, he just needed to share it.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:31:20 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 02:43:05 PM by inBitweTrust

Fkn white people.

You guys realize the story is most likely either a comedians attempt to be funny or a black man attempting to troll bait white people for a laugh.
Look at his sig,his post history, his username, the absurdity of his story and the images.

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

Regardless of race at least you know this guy came through and you got the cash for the bitcoins. It's great to hear that your deal went through smoothly. This guy definitely had hit wits about him to snap up such a deal like that.

Congratulations.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

You "fkn white people" lot are just ignorant to our ignorance.

I made friends with one of my co-workers last year, was friendlier with him than anyone else - really comfortable. Worked in the same place 10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, and we went out to a bar together, even. One day after around two months of knowing each other, he pulled out a picture of himself ~5 years ago, and I was looking at it really confused-like. I didn't even know who he was showing me a picture of, and I was doing this kind of preoccupied smile-and-nod motion because here was this clearly black guy with an afro. How was this guy relevant to me? All of the sudden, it dawned on me. "Hoooo-ly shit. You're black?!" Cheesy

I mean, there were only four black people I knew of on our shift of 400, there were only two in our high school of five-hundred (none I recall in elementary or middle school), and I'd never worked with "one of them" before, so... not a lot of opportunities to really understand, and it's drilled into our heads that we can't judge everyone by a few, but with Black History, BET, HBCUs - it seems they must be some kind of completely different people who eat water, wear shoes on their hands, and shit through their belly buttons, and I just can't treat someone truly normally unless I don't know that they're black, or old, or young, or gay, or female, or whatever else. Once I know it, then it's "oh, what's relevant to THEM?" -And I remember, that co-worker told me this before, and I didn't get it at the time - he was annoyed because people kept asking him what kind of rap music he liked. Cheesy
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:04:51 PM

Check out the racism there - anti-people from below the equator!
bitpump

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:45:49 PM

"A new poll has found the most likely ethnic group to have heard about Bitcoin is (*drumroll*) Hispanic Americans.

When asked how much they had heard about Bitcoin, just 8 % of self-identifying white respondents to the survey by digital media company Morning Consult answered “a lot.” African-American respondents were similarly unfamiliar, with 7% saying they’d heard a lot about the cryptocurrency.

A staggering 21% of Hispanic-Americans , meanwhile, gave this answer, along with 22% of “other” respondents, many of whom are likely Asian.

Hispanic-Americans were by far the ethnic group most likely to say they would consider using Bitcoin themselves: 23% answered they were “very likely,” compared to 9% from African-Americans and “others” and just 5% from whites."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112135/the-ethnic-group-that-knows-the-most-about-bitcoin-is-not-who-you-think-it-is
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:53:17 PM

So you post this story here?  lol, not to be that mean but this is a pretty racist story...

Didn't you think at all, hey what if he is on the forums too?
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

Self proclaimed color blind superiority bullshit aside I am glad the OP got beyond their comfort zone. You tend to find out that good bad or otherwise people are just people. If you get all your information from television or the internet you are missing a lot about the world.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

I find it humorous so many people are taking this post seriously when it most likely is troll bait or comedy gold created by someone who isn't racist at all.

On a side note, most people are indeed subconsciously racist as culture, media, and society has created these biases within us. First step is to recognize this, than take steps to combat these cognitive biases.

Here is an amazing series of tests that will reveal your inner prejudices-
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html

abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:28:30 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 10:31:02 PM by abercrombie

For the haters, I don't see the human race as one colorless melting pot.  We're like that cantina in Star Wars with all the aliens of various locations intermixing.  Need to recognize your own limitations and the cultural and physical gifts other races may bring to the table.  If I were ripped off by a white person, I have a feeling I could keep up chasing them for a few miles down the road.  As for a black guy, he'd out sprint me the first 100 yards.  If he chose not to run and just fight, my coordination would get me knocked on my ass.   Undecided

Thanks for the supporters, yes it was a challenge exiting my comfort zone.  Air High Fives!

inBitweTrust

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:36:52 PM

If I were ripped off by a white person, I have a feeling I could keep up chasing them for a few miles down the road.  As for a black guy, he'd out sprint me the first 100 yards.  If he chose not to run and just fight, my coordination would get me knocked on my ass.   Undecided

This is a master troll in action; thanks for the laugh good sir.

Fat Ronaldo

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:41:50 PM

Fkn white people.

You guys realize the story is most likely either a comedians attempt to be funny or a black man attempting to troll bait white people for a laugh.
Look at his sig,his post history, his username, the absurdity of his story and the images.

It looks just like he's trolling to me. If not, you need to get over your irrational fear of black people.

If the story is true he was likely not uncomfortable at all in meeting a black guy.

AKA being a racist.
ovais909

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:01:16 PM

Fkn white people.

Replace the word white with black in these sentences and I believe right now you would be getting attacked by hundred of people for being racist!!!!

it was sarcasm!!
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:04:21 PM

Y'all motherfuckers are RACIST!!!!!
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:31:28 PM

Fkn white people.

Ohhh stfu
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

So, you want to convince us that you didn't get stabbed even once?
I call this story bulsh*t Smiley
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:52:00 PM

It was completely outside his comfort zone though, he just needed to share it.
That and let's face it, there's many white people of differing builds who are from the suburbs that would have an issue meeting and transacting w/ a black person from the inner city. Then, when each other meet, the preconceived notion is either confirmed or disparaged by the way they carry themselves. But, I imagine most people of every ethnicity tend to steer away from others that appear dressed sloppily and/or presenting the image of a bum or ghetto person.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:01:41 PM

OP, how many coins have you sold him for $1000 Huh
Honeypot

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

Fkn white people.

Ohhh stfu

LOL this bitch/

Blackie got a mouth.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:09:32 PM

I dont get this story at all, why isnt it in off topic?
counter

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:31:22 PM

This thread is awesome I laughed I cried.  I for one appreciate the honesty of the story the OP shared, hopefully it really happened, because that would make this even more awkward haha.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:48:20 PM

Abercrombie sounds pretty racist, from all angles. People are actually entertaining this guy's commentary? We all just got dumber....let's let this thread die!

counter

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:23:13 PM

If I were ripped off by a white person, I have a feeling I could keep up chasing them for a few miles down the road.  As for a black guy, he'd out sprint me the first 100 yards.  If he chose not to run and just fight, my coordination would get me knocked on my ass.   Undecided

My sentiments exactly.  I was impressed by both the subtlety of the post and delivery.  I was almost talking myself out of believing this is fud.
abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

Proof for the naysayers.   Grin

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:07:36 AM

My sentiments exactly.  I was impressed by both the subtlety of the post and delivery.  I was almost talking myself out of believing this is fud.

nice trolling, hats off to you OP  Grin

but it does raise an interesting question...how DO you do a local
trade with a stranger? do you take the cash first and then hit the button?
or the other way around? 

do you have a cashier at dunkin donuts escrow the cash?

eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:35:32 AM

Is "Bitcoin Gangsta" you or the other guy?  Cheesy
mktrader

Activity: 84

Hello World!!!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:44:29 PM

Members! Let's be a bit considerate towards many noble black people who would visit this thread. Truth is that the color of a person's skin does not make her/him superior or inferior.. This is a well known fact!

Price Poll: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555609
leex1528

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:06:04 PM

I want a picture of the black guy standing next to you or no dice!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 01:10:25 PM

THis thread is pure gold. Racism is much alive!!!

abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:59:17 PM

nice trolling, hats off to you OP  Grin

but it does raise an interesting question...how DO you do a local
trade with a stranger? do you take the cash first and then hit the button?
or the other way around?  

do you have a cashier at dunkin donuts escrow the cash?
Cash first, then yes just hit the send button.

Is "Bitcoin Gangsta" you or the other guy?  Cheesy
Just to avoid having to blur his phone number in the photo, I added him as a contact in my address book.   Tongue
Beliathon

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:02:18 PM

Nothing says "internet story time" quite like racism.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

This makes me want to get into local selling. It sounds fun. It's almost like being some kind of international super criminal but without doing anything illegal.  Cheesy

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:08:52 PM

Wow, where do you guys live that you never see black people? You make it sound like you met bigfoot. lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:12:58 PM

I actually liked this post. It was something which everyone would think at the time of doing a deal in your situation but, you had the confidence to actually share your experience. Something, which a lot of people don't like to do in the community for some reason.

Seems like local trading can be a sort of thrill at the same time being utterly nerve racking.
escrow.dude

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:17:17 PM

Members! Let's be a bit considerate towards many noble black people who would visit this thread. Truth is that the color of a person's skin does not make her/him superior or inferior.. This is a well known fact!
This is very true, but unfortunately most people do not think this way. Many people in society like to use stereotypes. There are also some places in the US (and the world) that are not as diverse as others.
wesk1212

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:46:23 AM

so racist. but its the WHITE people who smells the most

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
wesk1212

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:48:17 AM

hey abercrombie, ask your grandma about that boat trip from europe to the freedom land.
whyd your family flew here anyways

bbit
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

Grabs some popcorn!  Grin

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
counter

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:07:52 AM

Wow, where do you guys live that you never see black people? You make it sound like you met bigfoot. lol

Oh my lord I was laughing so hard when I first read this thread.  From what I can imagine it's like the OP was trying his best to not yell "there's one"  when the black guy walked in the restaurant lol.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:12:24 AM

You're surprised that black people use money and can conduct business without committing a crime. Yeah, ok.

One might almost think they're humans ....
bbit
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:20:12 AM

Oh my lord I was laughing so hard when I first read this thread.  From what I can imagine it's like the OP was trying his best to not yell "there's one"  when the black guy walked in the restaurant lol.

HAHAHA ^^ I was thinking the very same thing. Pretty good shit! haha

▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

24 hour Customer Support   

bbit
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:20:29 AM

One might almost think they're humans ....

You would think right ? ^^

▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

24 hour Customer Support   

Honeypot

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:55:32 AM

hey abercrombie, ask your grandma about that boat trip from europe to the freedom land.

Why are you here?

Funny american minorities try to scrounge up every last bit of excuse to bitch like whore in heat.

Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:51:20 AM

It's possible that whoever bought the bitcoins is reading this thread right now. Most people who are interested enough in Bitcoin to buy $1,000 worth of it probably lurk or post here. I once bought a bunch of USB miners and wanted to ask a question about them here on the forums but waited because I didn't want my forum account to be linked to my real-world identity.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:38:24 AM

It's possible that whoever bought the bitcoins is reading this thread right now. Most people who are interested enough in Bitcoin to buy $1,000 worth of it probably lurk or post here. I once bought a bunch of USB miners and wanted to ask a question about them here on the forums but waited because I didn't want my forum account to be linked to my real-world identity.
It really depends. I think a lot of people will look up news about bitcoin for a long time before then decide to join this forum. I think the forum is really for more hard core, longer term users (people who have been using bitcoin fora long time).

I think it is wrong for the OP to discriminate against people of a certain race or because of skin color.

cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:52:37 AM

I find it humorous so many people are taking this post seriously when it most likely is troll bait or comedy gold created by someone who isn't racist at all.

On a side note, most people are indeed subconsciously racist as culture, media, and society has created these biases within us. First step is to recognize this, than take steps to combat these cognitive biases.

interesting test what did you score?
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:02:42 AM

I don't know who you are kid and I don't know what I want but your following a dangerous path.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:14:50 AM

Nice trolling bro
inBitweTrust

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:45:47 AM

Not good Sad

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:35:41 AM

The young guy finally shows up with basketball jersey tank top showing off his tattoos and wild urban cut afro.  He looked part Latino and Black and after inquiring about my handle, put down his phone to pull out the money.   The guy's smart phone had a shattered screen.  He has 1k to buy Bitcoin but can't even get a replacement screen for his phone?  After handing me 1k in hundred dollar bills, I broke out my counterfeit pen with UV transferred the funds to the buyer. 
light and validated the bills, verified the stripe was in the correct spot with the UV light.  He said, "You're a smart man."  Everything looked good and
He even gave me the # (pound).  You know, when you knock fists like players do in basketball?  Tongue

Worked out well.  Have to admit, it was a rush.  Treated my fat friend to lunch at the nearby restaurant.

I'm glad it worked out for you
After all it was designed for everyone but I did enjoy your story sounded like the Fresh Prince of Belair
Without the rap parts included.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
FelixOliver

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:36:16 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 01:08:41 PM by FelixOliver

Not interesting/funny at all.. Quite small minded actually.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

What a certified nerd.  Roll Eyes

Not interesting/funny at all.. just proof of how much of a loser you truly are.

You break out UV pens because a black guy wants to buy some coin?.. You are the ultimate Loser
Well it is a real risk. I have a small collection of fake $20 bills accumulated through localbitcoins selling over a period of time. I only noticed them after I got home and ran them through a currency counter. Never got a fake $100 bill though.
wesk1212

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:49:16 PM

Why are you here?

Funny american minorities try to scrounge up every last bit of excuse to bitch like whore in heat.

All your posts are non bitcoin related. Why are u at this forum anyways.
Are you an anti gay ir 99% wall street march some shit like that? Keep complaining about your life and society to your mom not here. Non of us are interested in your opinion.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:59:19 PM

I do my trades near a bank. I let the girl at the counter look at the bills, and I don't even have to ask. If it gets deposited to the account, then the bills are good. Then I send the bitcoins.

Or the other way around.

I'm also armed, so I could care less what colour my buyer is.

Often times, I never even have to meet them. We just do bank deposit and text messages, and they get their bitcoins in a few minutes.

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

What a certified nerd.  Roll Eyes

Not interesting/funny at all.. just proof of how much of a loser you truly are.

You break out UV pens because a black guy wants to buy some coin?.. You are the ultimate Loser
Well it is a real risk. I have a small collection of fake $20 bills accumulated through localbitcoins selling over a period of time. I only noticed them after I got home and ran them through a currency counter. Never got a fake $100 bill though.
It really should almost be a best practice to run bills you receive through a bill counter (that can detect fake bills and/or use a "counterfeit pen" on all of the bills to make sure they are not counterfeit. If you do not realize they are counterfeit and try to deposit them at the bank you could potentially get in a lot of trouble.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:50:47 PM

I've sold Bitcoin to a ton of black guys. Actually, 50% of my buyers are black.

Then again, I live in a "black" city.

Dont realy understand this whole "black guy" thing, which actualy has even stopped being a "thing" long time ago.
Even the president is black, and not to mention whole bunch of rich ass bussiness owners.

What bothers me more is the fact that OP sold bitcoins ... at this price... insane
Talk about a bad calls ..
inBitweTrust

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:58:48 PM

What bothers me more is the fact that OP sold bitcoins ... at this price... insane

The OP didn't indicate he sold 1 BTC for 1k but 1k worth of bitcoins.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:21:11 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 10:43:27 PM by TheButterZone

Dont realy understand this whole "black guy" thing, which actualy has even stopped being a "thing" long time ago.
Even the president is black, and not to mention whole bunch of rich ass bussiness owners.

Even the (U.S.) president? Um, he's functionally indistinguishable from his sociopath fully Caucasian predecessors.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:28:26 PM

There is a gray area... Actually, the other colours are brown, red, yellow, pink...

counter

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

It is threads like these that make me wonder long and hard if the world is even ready for the kind of technology Bitcoins offers it's users.  I mean we have had nukes and havne't completely destroyed the planet so I guess there is some hope.   Roll Eyes
Predict27

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

Threads title is racist.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:47:16 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 05:58:07 PM by CoinHoarder

Threads title is racist.

Only the title is racist? Did you read the OP? lol  Tongue

I am convinced the OP is just trolling everyone.. there's no way someone smart enough to know about Bitcoin can be this ignorant in the year 2014. Smiley
bornil267645

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

This types of posts are allowed!!!!!!

powganima

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:58:26 PM

I've seen all of the Andreas Antonopoulos videos on YouTube speaking to various audiences.  They're truly inspirational but gave me the impression that Bitcoin in the United States was mainly for white people with a few token Asians sprinkled here and there.

https://i.imgur.com/iZnJvgw.gif

Anyhow, I have an advertisement for local in-person cash trades for Bitcoin.  Trades are rare in my area, but I like to proliferate the coin whenever I can.  Plus, at my asking price the transaction would result in a relatively significant amount of pocket change.  So, I get a request to meet at my local Zoo parking lot.  Apparently, it was a person from one of America's largest cities driving in from out of town to visit our world famous local Zoo. But it just set off a few alarms.   How hard is it to get Bitcoins from the large city that he's from?  Meet at Zoo parking lot?  My ad specifically states to meet at Starbucks or McDonalds mainly for Internet access but also because of cameras everywhere.  Lastly, the guy sounded... black.   Shocked

Anyhow, I go ahead and call and have him meet me at the Starbucks nearest to the zoo.  I was getting nervous, even started to sweat after getting off the call.  Should I just cancel?  He could then give me my first bad feedback.   What if I get mugged.  I thought to myself what a horrible person I'd be cancelling the meet just because the guy sounded black.  Me being the weanie, I brought "muscle" just in case the guy tried to strong arm me into inputting my Google 2FA to validate the escrow and steal my coins.  My muscle was a fat guy that plays video games all day in his mother's basement.  No way would he get physical, but his orders were to video record from another table pretending to be a random customer.  Cheesy

The young guy finally shows up with basketball jersey tank top showing off his tattoos and wild urban cut afro.  He looked part Latino and Black and after inquiring about my handle, put down his phone to pull out the money.   The guy's smart phone had a shattered screen.  He has 1k to buy Bitcoin but can't even get a replacement screen for his phone?  After handing me 1k in hundred dollar bills, I broke out my counterfeit pen with UV light and validated the bills, verified the stripe was in the correct spot with the UV light.  He said, "You're a smart man."  Everything looked good and transferred the funds to the buyer.  

https://i.imgur.com/DGO5gnX.gif

fake.  the story is made up.  The clues are abound. 

1. too many unnecessary details
2. trolling
3. purposely confessing to something that is an attention getter.
4. Sensationalistic title.

case closed.

get out of here, troll (ie: OP).  As the OP would yourself say to others: your kind don't belong here.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

I asked my buddy Ted Nugent what he thought about this thread and he shot my dog.
Magicman420

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:07:11 PM

Didn't you say you treated your friend to lunch and hit the strip club??? How in the world do you still have 1,000 for the picture after all that fun? Sounds fishy lol
Spearmint

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

wow a black guy who uses bitcoin? how crazy......  Roll Eyes

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:18:17 PM

With a handle like "abercrombie" besides.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 09:20:23 PM

I asked my buddy Ted Nugent what he thought about this thread and he shot my dog.

Since when was Ted Nugent a cop?

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

Fkn white people.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Smiley

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:02:50 PM

I asked my buddy Ted Nugent what he thought about this thread and he shot my dog shit in his pants.

There. I fixed that for you.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:46:53 PM

I asked my buddy Ted Nugent what he thought about this thread and he shot my dog shit in his pants.

There. I fixed that for you.

Since when was opposing racist gun control, racist?

heybigboy1

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:26:37 AM

BTC has nothing to do with race... You putting it that way makes it seem pretty darn racist if any.. Should watch how you word things next time
Sheldor333

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:34:24 AM

Why would you be surprised by something like that. I don't see anything weird with that at all, just another smart human that decided to buy some bitcoins and invest in his future, nothing more, nothing less.

abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:14:02 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 03:03:38 PM by abercrombie

Check the date of the OP and add a percentage to Bitstamp that would allow one to continue with a perceived risky situation and it turns out to be a good trade.  

Bitstamp Aug 16 $496 (current)
Bitstamp Aug 03 $585

FWIW, bought 5 BTC yesterday.  Will buy more on continued weakness.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:16:17 PM

did the nigger get his bitcoins or did u get arrested for Aggrevated Assault

i am here.
idev

Activity: 859

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:35:03 PM

90% of bitcoiners are racist.
fanboy4

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:35:55 PM

Grin agree
inBitweTrust

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:30:27 PM

90% of bitcoiners are racist.

There is racism, and than there is Racism... 99.9% of humans have subconscious prejudices; take the test to find out you are "racist" too:

In-group and out-group preferences are innate biologically despite acknowledging racism is illusory because in reality an African man is closer to an albino swede genetically than his follow African neighbor 5 km away.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:43:32 PM

90% of bitcoiners are racist white/Asian racists. This makes them the worst kind of black hating racist.

FTFY

StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:31:33 PM

Just go buy some blackcoin... this will prove you're not racist.

I'm as white as virgin Vermont snow but I never feel quite right unless I'm in a diverse crowd, probably because I grew up in a ghetto. And those of you with a more sheltered view of the world... just hope or pray our darker skinned brothers and sisters get into cryptos. If they don't it's a dead end.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Magicman420

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:32:17 PM

Dumb story period.. Everyone buys bitcoins.
abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:03:54 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 07:30:48 PM by abercrombie

Ok, now that I've had 4 months experience of direct buying and selling to people,  here is what I've observed.

Sellers tend to be mostly white.

Buyers include a huge percentage of blacks and Spanish speakers.

dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

I AM a BLACK GUY .. are u some sort racist?

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:51:59 PM

Tyrone spends his welfare check on bitcoins.  News at 11.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:23:36 AM

Lol..!! I guess they r just trying to be funny..! well...It better be that way..!! coz that was racist.!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: