Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:06:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jered Kenna - Tradehill  (Read 883 times)
hsjeck (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:10:44 PM

I am new to the forum and am not sure under which category to put this query - please excuse my ignorance. I got in to Bitcoin a few years ago - about three years to be exact. I was doing some pooled mining and at one point I tried to purchase some Bitcoins. And to be as secure as possible I was loading Ubuntu from a flash drive and then loading my wallet which was also encrypted in Ubuntu.

My story is that I wired $200 to Tradehill to buy that much worth of Bitcoins, with instructions to send them to my Bitcoin account. It may also have been to put them into an account at Tradehill where I could then send them on to my Bitcoin account - I cannot remember exactly - but I am pretty sure I sent them. However, shortly thereafter, before I could collect them in my wallet, I had a number of thing happen at the same time which completely distracted me from following through on this purchase. My Ubuntu setup stopped working, the tech guy college kid who was helping me dropped out of sight (went to work for the CIA or NSA), and I got very busy with my regular business. I decided that I could get the Bitcoin setup working again later when I had some time and the coins would then come into my account - there was no rush.

Well, I finally had some time last week (almost 3 years later - time flies), got some help from a tech guy, got the wallet unencrypted and working, and collected the coins that were waiting for me. I got a bunch of things from the pooled mining before it shut down, but nothing came in from Tradehill. I have now researched what happened to Tradehill - how they got messed up by Dwolla, how they tried to move their accounts to a credit union, etc. At this point they seem completely out of business.

However, I read that Jered Kenna - the founder of Tradehill - was and probably still is a "stand up" guy, at least by a number of sources and by his actions trying to move accounts to the credit union, etc. It seems like he is still involved in the Bitcoin community. I read he is now the editor of a San Francisco magazine called Money & Tech, where I have tried to reach him by email with no luck so far.

My question is whether the accounts at Tradehill still exist or were put into trust at some point or are being looked after by someone. It may be that my coins are just sitting somewhere waiting for me to make contact and collect them. If I could reach Jered maybe he could tell me. If anyone has information about this I would appreciate it.   
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:54:40 PM

they also owe me some dollars...
hsjeck (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:45:16 PM

Did you sell some Bitcoins and then they did not pay you in dollars? Do you know who might be contacted about accounts that were never closed?                   
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

i was an affiliate bringing new users to tradehill.

when they closed shop i still had some $ sitting in there.

it was only few dollars, but still if this happened to thousands of people....
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:19:26 AM

I still have money stuck in there that he never bothered to repay, even though I've requested for it several times. I recently also started a thread on this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644960.0

hsjeck (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:02:59 AM

See my reply and newest information at

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644960.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: