Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless.
True
False

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WSX][WeAreSatoshi]X11|PoS/PoW|EST 2014|Low Cap|Active Development MN  (Read 83289 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:21:22 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2019, 04:51:27 AM by brian_nguyen

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SecondsOld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:21:49 AM

Good luck with your revival.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:25:42 AM

Good luck with your revival.

Wow and Thanks - No wonder you're SecondsOld. It took seconds for you to notice and responded to this ANN Wink
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:31:34 AM

Let it fly #WAS.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
AmericanComputerNerd

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 01:39:29 AM

Here is to new beginnings!
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:47:15 AM

Why so many re-threads ending in a moderated thread? Hope full but cautious...
xucc2012

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:52:31 AM

Good name.I can see this coin's future. Cheesy
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:58:44 AM

First of all I'd like to start off with a few things, please voice your opinions and we can go from there. I will update ANN as we go and might create some polls:

1. I think we should finish the conversion for WAS1 and reassess the total market cap. There's a small subset of users prefer to stay with the current algo and they are free to do so but there's no going back once the swap ends. Here's one of the message from MrBrew's original ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506912.msg8132987#msg8132987

2. We should create a POB (Proof of Burn) address to destroy unclaimed coins to further bring down the number of coins in circulation.

3. Enhance the timeline with new reachable goals and add more games and services to it.  

4. There's a small talk about changing the name? We probably want to change the trading symbol to prevent issue with WAS1? Do we all want to keep WeAreSatoshi? If we wanted to totally change the name, we will need: A New Name | Web Designer | New Web Address / Hosting | Good connections to all big Exchanges.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:01:56 AM

I hope that I never have to delete anyone's post, but you can't go back and change a thread to moderated. Just to future proof just in-case, and it doesn't mean anything there are many quality coins out there with moderated thread.  Wink
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:11:04 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 03:44:28 AM by garmin

Watching closely before making moves here... Not a big fan of moderated threads, with that said, it's not a newB acct and that offsets the moderation
in some ways, I get it! Reducing the coins in circulation is almost a must, so I agree. I gave up my full-position in WAS as a donation, but the price is right to regain a nice position on the cheap cheap, so no worries... when will you lay out a new loose plan for moving forward? I like WAS but am on a teeter taught-er as far as what or if to commit, as far as buying back in. Details please! And I still like the WAS name but that's another issue moving fwd, WSAT
or WASAT or many others could work but a monosyllable of some sort would be awesome, so some additional thought might be in order...
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:06:19 AM

I hope that I never have to delete anyone's post, but you can't go back and change a thread to moderated. Just to future proof just in-case, and it doesn't mean anything there are many quality coins out there with moderated thread.  Wink

I am in full support of it being a moderated thread. Reading through pages of crap that have nothing to do with the coin are much worse then an over zealous moderator.
AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 04:24:12 AM

BitcoinNational brings up an interesting concept.  Introducing new crypto users to the environment in phases...  That idea sounds like it has potential if the coin went in the direction of targeting newbie's and reaching out to a mainstream audience.

From the technical side, I don't think it would be easy to "undo" the X11 fork.  It is hard coded that after block 517,200 on v1 that all further SHA blocks would have 0 reward.  The exact market cap (or very close) was pre-mined for the coin swap as of that block.  I think you could run the two networks separately, but aside from the coin swap, I don't think you could tie the two together indefinitely. 

Honestly, that may be a better idea for a new coin...  Air Drop / Inexpensive mining on an "entry level" network, and buy into a more secure PoS "advanced network".

Myriad coin does something similar, but I don't think they tie together...  I think they just have a Myriad for every algo.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

Watching closely before making moves here... Not a big fan of moderated threads, with that said, it's not a newB acct and that offsets the moderation
in some ways, I get it! Reducing the coins in circulation is almost a must, so I agree. I gave up my full-position in WAS as a donation, but the price is right to regain a nice position on the cheap cheap, so no worries... when will you lay out a new loose plan for moving forward? I like WAS but am on a teeter taught-er as far as what or if to commit, as far as buying back in. Details please! And I still like the WAS name but that's another issue moving fwd, WSAT
or WASAT or many others could work but a monosyllable of some sort would be awesome, so some additional thought might be in order...

We're open to suggestions of what's to expect of the coin. Please give more inputs and I'll continue working on the timeline. Here are some of the new trade symbols that might be better than WAS and it will help with the general search:

WSAT    (WeAreSatoshi)
WASAT  (WeAreSatoshi)
WSX      (WeAreSatoshiX11)
WSC      (WeAreSatoshiCoin)
WSCX    (WeAreSatoshiCoinX11)

I personally like WSX since it's short and it has all the elements of WeAreSatoshi V2.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:43:52 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 04:44:28 PM by brian_nguyen

BitcoinNational brings up an interesting concept.  Introducing new crypto users to the environment in phases...  That idea sounds like it has potential if the coin went in the direction of targeting newbie's and reaching out to a mainstream audience.

From the technical side, I don't think it would be easy to "undo" the X11 fork.  It is hard coded that after block 517,200 on v1 that all further SHA blocks would have 0 reward.  The exact market cap (or very close) was pre-mined for the coin swap as of that block.  I think you could run the two networks separately, but aside from the coin swap, I don't think you could tie the two together indefinitely.  

Honestly, that may be a better idea for a new coin...  Air Drop / Inexpensive mining on an "entry level" network, and buy into a more secure PoS "advanced network".

Myriad coin does something similar, but I don't think they tie together...  I think they just have a Myriad for every algo.

I was thinking about letting go of the trade symbol WAS to prevent confusion and let whoever wants to stay with the old algo work their own way instead of asking you guys to do more work. There's a lot of work to be done if someone wants to keep the old network running.
AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:14:42 PM

BitcoinNational brings up an interesting concept.  Introducing new crypto users to the environment in phases...  That idea sounds like it has potential if the coin went in the direction of targeting newbie's and reaching out to a mainstream audience.

From the technical side, I don't think it would be easy to "undo" the X11 fork.  It is hard coded that after block 517,200 on v1 that all further SHA blocks would have 0 reward.  The exact market cap (or very close) was pre-mined for the coin swap as of that block.  I think you could run the two networks separately, but aside from the coin swap, I don't think you could tie the two together indefinitely.  

Honestly, that may be a better idea for a new coin...  Air Drop / Inexpensive mining on an "entry level" network, and buy into a more secure PoS "advanced network".

Myriad coin does something similar, but I don't think they tie together...  I think they just have a Myriad for every algo.

I was thinking about letting go of the trade symbol WAS to prevent confusion and let whoever wants to stay with the old algo work their own way instead of asking you guys to do more work. There's a lot of work to be done if someone wants to keep the old network running.

That's for the best.  After the X11 fork the two coins have gone in separate directions.  It would take some significant work (if it's possible at all) to try to attach them together.

A word of warning to anyone on MrBrew's old SHA client...  That client would not recognize that the coin swap ever occurred.  So, all old wallets would still have millions of coins in them.  Maybe that's good, maybe bad...  Depends on what is trying to be accomplished.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

Congrats Brian, I'll do the best I can to help and wish I had some skills to offer. theres lots of potential... the right We Are Satoshi video/media campaign could be huge, I picture a narrator (lol morgan freeman) at the beginning to explain Mr Satoshi and his blockchain and what it offers humankind, then go on to clips from individuals from around the globe in their own language saying "We Are Satoshi" done right could make for a powerful lil video Wink jmo

I think I like WSX best too or WASX/WAS2, is anyone still mining on the sha network ? the burner address to destroy unclaimed coins is a great idea. either that or locked in a donation address collecting interest for charities.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

That's for the best.  After the X11 fork the two coins have gone in separate directions.  It would take some significant work (if it's possible at all) to try to attach them together.

A word of warning to anyone on MrBrew's old SHA client...  That client would not recognize that the coin swap ever occurred.  So, all old wallets would still have millions of coins in them.  Maybe that's good, maybe bad...  Depends on what is trying to be accomplished.

Interesting- I downloaded MrBrew's client about an hour ago just to see if the network is up and it has 1 active connection after the add node. It's still downloading the block chain.
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

I don't know if anyone kept the original client chain going or not, it could be stuck at 517,200 still. Even our hardfork client still works and could be made to start putting out rewards again (of course I would have over 50% of the coins lol.)

I will tell you one weird thing though, there is a guy out there who is still changing his coins over 5,000.00 WAS -> 5.00 WAS2 at a time; just everyday you'll see little bursts of them. No idea the logic behind that.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:26:43 PM

Congrats Brian, I'll do the best I can to help and wish I had some skills to offer. theres lots of potential... the right We Are Satoshi video/media campaign could be huge, I picture a narrator (lol morgan freeman) at the beginning to explain Mr Satoshi and his blockchain and what it offers humankind, then go on to clips from individuals from around the globe in their own language saying "We Are Satoshi" done right could make for a powerful lil video Wink jmo

I think I like WSX best too or WASX/WAS2, is anyone still mining on the sha network ? the burner address to destroy unclaimed coins is a great idea. either that or locked in a donation address collecting interest for charities.
Glad to have you and there's always something for all of us to do when the time comes since it's the whole message behind the coin. It's put up a vote for the new trade symbol. I'll push the video, he's been too busy but it's getting a little to long.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:34:50 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 02:33:27 PM by brian_nguyen

I don't know if anyone kept the original client chain going or not, it could be stuck at 517,200 still. Even our hardfork client still works and could be made to start putting out rewards again (of course I would have over 50% of the coins lol.)

I will tell you one weird thing though, there is a guy out there who is still changing his coins over 5,000.00 WAS -> 5.00 WAS2 at a time; just everyday you'll see little bursts of them. No idea the logic behind that.

I got past 517200 so I'll know for sure what's going on with MrBrew's client. So what if one mined on the old block chain, sent his WAS to europex.eu and transferred them back to your WAS v1 client and convert to WAS v2?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: