Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:55:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to start investing again  (Read 1812 times)
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:36:11 PM

Within the next could days, I will be looking to purchase bitcoin on the forum/exchange sites.

Anyone have any preference on purchasing btc from exchange sites? Which one is the most safe, fast and reliable?

Purchasing Bitcoin on the forum, which payment method works the best?

Any suggestions on which escrow service to use on this forum?

Thanks for any suggestions!

IMHO, safest and fastest way is to use localbitcoins, while cheapest way is to use btce.
If you want to use the currency exchange forum here, you should be able to find a trade with any irresistible payment. Please use escrow or only buy from trusted members.

Localbitcoins is the fastest, but it not the safest.  As its popularity has increased so have the number of scammers.  People build up rep and then start stealing.  Buying from Coinbase or on a big exchange with 2FA is probably the safest route currently.

It is usually the seller who get scammed. Buyer is usually safe using the escrow they have there.

Buybtc4PP (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:48:01 PM

Within the next could days, I will be looking to purchase bitcoin on the forum/exchange sites.

Anyone have any preference on purchasing btc from exchange sites? Which one is the most safe, fast and reliable?

Purchasing Bitcoin on the forum, which payment method works the best?

Any suggestions on which escrow service to use on this forum?

Thanks for any suggestions!

IMHO, safest and fastest way is to use localbitcoins, while cheapest way is to use btce.
If you want to use the currency exchange forum here, you should be able to find a trade with any irresistible payment. Please use escrow or only buy from trusted members.

Localbitcoins is the fastest, but it not the safest.  As its popularity has increased so have the number of scammers.  People build up rep and then start stealing.  Buying from Coinbase or on a big exchange with 2FA is probably the safest route currently.

It is usually the seller who get scammed. Buyer is usually safe using the escrow they have there.

Thanks again everyone for all of your suggestions!
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:09:58 PM

From an local exchange that works with your local banking system, if possible.

Less banking fees, but you needd to verify if they really are legit.
Buybtc4PP (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:16:38 AM

Glad that I waited to purchase bitcoins now. Price has dipped pretty low.
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:17:51 AM

Now is the right time to invest BTC, the price has dropped from $600 to about $535...

Buybtc4PP (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

Now is the right time to invest BTC, the price has dropped from $600 to about $535...
The marjet price at bitstamp it is $514 :-) and yes of coarse it is now time to buy!
Coef

Activity: 882

Exhausted

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:41:15 AM

Glad that I waited to purchase bitcoins now. Price has dipped pretty low.

You have waited for 9 days, and the price has dropped from $580 to $510.
Now the big question is, is this the low? Cheesy

waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

Bitcoin just hit $490, its time to invest again..... or should wait for lower?

Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:54:01 PM

buy buy it's time,
will not go lower anymore.
because the dump stellar sales is over,
I think, BTC down because many stellar coin giveaway.
kodeon.CEO

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:53:11 PM

Not sure if there are any other exchanges with better fee's and prices but I just always use Bitstamp as it is easy to use, looks nice and works. Can't really fault it.

I would also say buy sooner rather than later, you could also start trading for BTC rather than dollars if you feel confident. Simply talking in Bitcoin terms they are getting harder to obtain with the large difficulty rise from mining. I guess time will tell if they will go up in value or not. I guess at the end of the day its all about risk management, up to you how you want to play it. I guess just think of all the options first and then work out what you want to do, I would say.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

Noone can know for sure, but its definetly better time now than it was when btc was 1200-650
Fact is that large "master trader accounts" are being blindly followed and in that way, there is certain amount of manipulation on the market.
I would buy 25% of desired bitoins on this point, and monitor the market in the hope to see even better chances

Good luck investing OP
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

Do you think it is a fair price for a Bitcoin?  Do you think you could make a profit in the future?  If yes then I'd say start buying now incrementally Don't just hop all in if you think the price could be lower tomorrow.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:07:37 PM

There is nothing to stop bitcoin going again to the 430's, in my opinion, it is what happened last time we got in a such low price.

I think it is a good time to buy. You can do the progressive buy stuff, as other sugested before, or wait until the reach sub 400 or there is clear signs of recover to take full position. Your choice.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

I set aside a certain amount each month depending on my wage that month and purchase Bitcoin with that its been working so far I've earned quite a bit and have made some decent profit on trading then.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: