Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] 2-3 paragraphs explaining Ubitex (15 BTC)  (Read 1390 times)
cuddlefish (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 08:57:07 PM

2-3 paragraphs explaining Ubitex, and you can get the equivalent of $50!
Interested? Post here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 08:59:11 PM

interested

edit: where and when to turn in? Also what do you mean btc equivlant to $50 is that btc or stock?
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:02:49 PM

interested

where and when to turn in?
Here, in this thread. I will only pay if I approve, however.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:21:55 PM

Ubitex is a matchmaking utility to find people physically near you who wish to do bitcoin <-> USD trades.  It is an alternative to using paypal to pay someone for bitcoins, since a cash payment cannot be retracted after the fact.  If two people meet in a public location, and can send bitcoins over their phone, then it should technically be a completely non-reversible and risk-free transaction for both parties.

The system looks for two people near each other who wish to do opposite trades.  I might create a listing indicating that I want to buy 10 bitcoins.  You might live right down the road from me, and indicate that you wish to sell 10 bitcoins.  The system notifies us both that someone wants to perform a trade, so we contact each other and meet up in a coffee shop.  I bring my $30 of cash and a bitcoin address, you bring a phone or laptop to send me bitcoins, and we swap.

Willing to provide more if this isn't detailed enough, but I need questions to answer!

18TKNbSLTrd3a2W8mtoH5uNzFhWRWNcuHU
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:28:27 PM

We all know bitcoin is a cryptocurrency centered around anonymity, why is it then that almost every method of buying bitcoins deals with an intermediary and leaves some trace? Is the trade of bitcoins up to the discretion of some third party? To this question ubitex says no, ubitex believes that there should be no single point of failure in the bitcoin trade. Only a few days ago an intermediary payment processor froze the account of a person involved in the bitcoin trade. Unlike our competitors we do not use an intermediate payment processor, all our deals are done face to face and individual to individual.

first paragraph, working on the second

edit: I'm trying to market you, in telling people why they should use you not some other guy my next paragraph will explain everything about you.
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 09:30:18 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2011, 09:41:17 PM by lulzplzkthx

What is Ubitex?

Ubitex is a new way to trade your hard-earned bitcoins for USD or vice-versa! Instead of using methods like PayPal, which could end in chargebacks and loss of money, Ubitex makes it easy for you to meet someone in person, and do the transaction in real life. This also insures that the user buying the bitcoins actually receives them when they pay.

If you're buying bitcoins, all you have to do is enter your zip code, and Ubitex will show you users looking to sell near you. Choose a seller and a private conversation begins between the two of you, without your information being released to either party by Ubitex. It's both safe and secure. If you're looking to sell bitcoins, Ubitex will take down your information, and list you under buyers until you have sold your bitcoins.

It's as simple as that.

This is a kind of thing that might go on Ubitex's website, not sure if that's what you're looking for.

12Zq7BkXRW9L5zzvee6ewUncnE8B1pXgqP

cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:31:42 PM

Ubitex is a matchmaking utility to find people physically near you who wish to do bitcoin <-> USD trades.  It is an alternative to using paypal to pay someone for bitcoins, since a cash payment cannot be retracted after the fact.  If two people meet in a public location, and can send bitcoins over their phone, then it should technically be a completely non-reversible and risk-free transaction for both parties.

The system looks for two people near each other who wish to do opposite trades.  I might create a listing indicating that I want to buy 10 bitcoins.  You might live right down the road from me, and indicate that you wish to sell 10 bitcoins.  The system notifies us both that someone wants to perform a trade, so we contact each other and meet up in a coffee shop.  I bring my $30 of cash and a bitcoin address, you bring a phone or laptop to send me bitcoins, and we swap.

Very good. I might clarify something: Sellers place orders, buyers choose from sellers near them based on a rating system. Also: YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NEVER EVER DISCLOSED BY US! We provide secure messaging between the buyer and seller, where they can arrange a meeting point.
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 09:38:05 PM

I've edited mine a few times, please check before responding to it.

EDIT - If you haven't already chosen SgtSpike's.

unfinishe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:38:43 PM

I'll take a stab at it:

Ubitex is a site that helps you to use your Bitcoins to do business with people near you. Currently, Ubitex is working to help you exchange your Bitcoins for U.S. Dollars (or other currencies), but many more possibilities are in store.

The way it works is simple. You simply enter what you're looking for and how far you're willing to travel, and Ubitex will allow you to connect with interested sellers. When you're finished, you can provide feedback to help recognize high-quality sellers and ensure safe and productive future business. Since Ubitex only helps you get in touch with potential clients, your private information will never be given out without your permission.

Check out the results from my Bitcoin Survey Project!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88927.0
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:39:45 PM

You've got it a bit backwards. Buyers of Bitcoins pick from sellers of Bitcoins. Other than that, quite good.
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 09:41:25 PM

You've got it a bit backwards. Buyers of Bitcoins pick from sellers of Bitcoins. Other than that, quite good.
Edited.

cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:42:22 PM

I'll take a stab at it:

Ubitex is a site that helps you to use your Bitcoins to do business with people near you. Currently, Ubitex is working to help you exchange your Bitcoins for U.S. Dollars (or other currencies), but many more possibilities are in store.

The way it works is simple. You simply enter what you're looking for and how far you're willing to travel, and Ubitex will allow you to connect with interested sellers. When you're finished, you can provide feedback to help recognize high-quality sellers and ensure safe and productive future business. Since Ubitex only helps you get in touch with potential clients, your private information will never be given out without your permission.

Oh, that's really good, I like the tone a lot. Can you expand on it?
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:43:25 PM

We all know bitcoin is a cryptocurrency centered around anonymity, why is it then that almost every method of buying bitcoins deals with an intermediary and leaves some trace? Is the trade of bitcoins up to the discretion of some third party? To this question ubitex says no, ubitex believes that there should be no single point of failure in the bitcoin trade. Only a few days ago an intermediary payment processor froze the account of a person involved in the bitcoin trade. Unlike our competitors we do not use an intermediate payment processor, all our deals are done face to face and individual to individual.

first paragraph, working on the second

edit: I'm trying to market you, in telling people why they should use you not some other guy my next paragraph will explain everything about you.

second paragraph

Now that we've established how we differ from the competition let me tell you a little about us.  We are a simple exchange site where sellers input their location and order details such as how many bitcoins they want to sell and at what price each they are willing to sell them for. The seller then pays a small flat fee to list, and sits back relaxing until a buyer comes to ubitex and searches for orders in a given radius. The buyer then meets the seller at a agreed upon location and the deal goes through, it's that simple. No unwanted middle men, no exorbitant percentage fee.    
unfinishe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:54:41 PM

Oh, that's really good, I like the tone a lot. Can you expand on it?

What in particular would you like me to expand on?

Check out the results from my Bitcoin Survey Project!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88927.0
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:56:51 PM

Okay, the one I'm going with is lulzplzkthx's. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: