Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Rush Wallet  (Read 1260 times)
keanbosch (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:53:16 PM

In an effort to help widen bitcoin’s reach and create a simpler experience when dealing with the online currency, KryptoKit, makers of the bitcoin wallet browser extension, launchedRushWallet, a new easy-to-use bitcoin wallet that works on all web browsers and mobile devices and unlike other wallets, it doesn’t require any login credentials.

http://www.ahametals.com/finally-instant-cross-platform-bitcoin-wallet/

“It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:41:00 PM

In an effort to help widen bitcoin’s reach and create a simpler experience when dealing with the online currency, KryptoKit, makers of the bitcoin wallet browser extension, launchedRushWallet, a new easy-to-use bitcoin wallet that works on all web browsers and mobile devices and unlike other wallets, it doesn’t require any login credentials.

http://www.ahametals.com/finally-instant-cross-platform-bitcoin-wallet/

This is pretty cool thank-you for sharing it! I think I also saw some news about this on Wired or Google Plus this morning as well. Here is a link to the actual wallet: https://rushwallet.com

Seems like you generate a wallet by moving your mouse around, then you bookmark a URL and are able too use the wallet, reminds me of how some of the Dice web-pages used to work.

Edit: Spelling
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:59:26 PM

This is fucking awesome!! I used to love Instawallet, and this is way better! Thanks for sharing man!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:23:07 PM

This looks really clean.   I don't like it when interfaces look to overwhelmingly busy...
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:57:07 PM

Where are the private keys stored?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 05:04:38 PM

The UI is really sexy but wasn't rush hacked in the past?
I will probably create a hot-wallet there because that UI is sexy as hell but i don't really want to store large amounts of BTC in there with that history.

coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:39:23 PM

This will end in tears because it just isn't possible to keep the wallet URL secret.

Instawallet 2.0 all over again.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

This will end in tears because it just isn't possible to keep the wallet URL secret.

instawallet was killed purely with the google search [ site:instawallet.com ] which crawled all pages and listing all 'secret urls'. so far rushwallet have got good enough code so that it doesnt list all pages on google...

so show me another way to break the secret?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:12:27 PM

instawallet was killed purely with the google search [ site:instawallet.com ] which crawled all pages and listing all 'secret urls'. so far rushwallet have got good enough code so that it doesnt list all pages on google...

so show me another way to break the secret?

Browser extensions which may look at browser history, or any malware which finds browser history on disk. Using this on a foreign computer and not wiping history afterwards. Social bookmarking sites. Other cloud bookmarking/sync services. Social engineering to trick users into showing their URLs, because you know, URLs are safe.

Maybe it's not as easy as google hacking, but I am very confident people will find ways to attack that, even if just because browsing history and bookmarks are usually not that sensitive, not a worthy target, and thus most likely ill protected.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Browser extensions which may look at browser history, or any malware which finds browser history on disk. Using this on a foreign computer and not wiping history afterwards. Social bookmarking sites. Other cloud bookmarking/sync services. Social engineering to trick users into showing their URLs, because you know, URLs are safe.

Maybe it's not as easy as google hacking, but I am very confident people will find ways to attack that, even if just because browsing history and bookmarks are usually not that sensitive, not a worthy target, and thus most likely ill protected.

simply put trojans.. yep i understand. but thats not where bad coding is, thats more of training users in good security. EG rsh wallet also has a password option too.

trojans can grab any info, including being a key logger and rush wallet cant stop users for being foolish to download trojans.

one thing that would be beneficial for rush wallet is if they had an screen keyboard key aswell as passwords where the buttons are randomly placed and change everytime

one minute its this:
[6][4][2]
[3][7][8]
[9][5][1]
the next minute its this:
[7][9][5]
[6][3][1]
[2][4][8]

then a trojan that could maybe grab mouse cursor movements or touch screen location data still couldnt guess the passkey

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: