Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:44:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 17000 sign up to lawsuit against Facebook for supporting NSA spying  (Read 1718 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:13:03 AM

Sadly the law suit won't have much ground to stand on and will just be brushed aside.
I doubt it will be brushed aside, but I don't think the plaintiffs will win. This looks like a way for class-action trial lawyers attempting to bully their way to get a settlement from facebook so they can get paid.

This was said above, but it should be said again that the best way to stop the spying is at the polls.

we must keep the independence and freedom of the digital world, i do not agreed to allow FB to track my digital wen i signed up
Facebook is always going to track you to some extent. This is just how FB is setup. Even if they were not to do it for advertising purposes, they would do it to be able to do it via whatever you post on your wall, status, other people's wall, ect.

'Targeted' advertising is the USP of internet companies like facebook and google. But sharing of information, especially of users all over the world, with the US government? I am not sure whether that is acceptable.
This is not acceptable but it is not an issue with facebook, it is an issue with the government. This was something that facebook has been forced to do. A much better solution would be to elect politicians that would put an end to this kind of requests for information.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:07:46 AM

Fundamental problem is the crook we elected in place.

Solution would be vote out every politician that support NSA, CIA and FBI.

All the politicians are crooks and serve the same circles. Elections are only an illusion of choice for keeping the dumb slaves in their place.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: