Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:09:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Payments Accept Bitcoin  (Read 2322 times)
Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:45:19 AM

originally just a company, I thought it were companies around the world

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
dadaas

Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:53:38 AM

Oh, damn it! I confused it with this other company http://www.globalcollect.com/ it's used by Steam. If Steam accepts Bitcoin, the price will rise to the moon.

You say Steam is under Globalcollect and that they will accept Bitcoin? If that happens price will go over the f*cking moon! Imagine how many games would use Bitcoin rather then PayPal, this is amazing if it goes through.
lordscales91

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:05:57 PM

Oh, damn it! I confused it with this other company http://www.globalcollect.com/ it's used by Steam. If Steam accepts Bitcoin, the price will rise to the moon.

You say Steam is under Globalcollect and that they will accept Bitcoin? If that happens price will go over the f*cking moon! Imagine how many games would use Bitcoin rather then PayPal, this is amazing if it goes through.

Yeah, Global Payment is one of the most important competitors Global Collect, so if that move makes them to increase their popularity, it's very probable that Global Collect will follow their example. And By The Way, I know that Steam is using Global Collect because I used PaySafecard to purchase some games, and on the PaySafecard account in the purchase order was listed Global Collect instead of Steam.
w4ssop

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:26:30 PM

Nice news, now the value can drop further... I'm not hoping it will happen, just saying.
CharHill

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:32:55 PM

About Global Payments

Global Payments Inc. is one of the largest worldwide providers of payment solutions for merchants, value added resellers, enterprise software providers, financial institutions, government agencies, multi-national corporations and independent sales organizations located throughout North America, South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Global Payments, a Fortune 1000 company, offers a comprehensive line of solutions and services for credit and debit cards, business-to-business purchasing cards, gift cards, electronic check conversion and check guarantee, verification and recovery including electronic check services, as well as terminal management. Visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com for more information about the company and its services.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101898588

Going to the moon

Is real good news after mtgox crached. I hope, that another banks will believe in btc trasactions.
tetrac

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:41:29 PM

As all the established payment and financial companies start integrating Bitcoin, all the "basic infrastructure" type start-up businesses will get out-competed. Many of them were just replicating what already existed in the establishment. If you're a start-up, develop technology along the cutting edge of Bitcoin 2.0, Dapps, etc.
dadaas

Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

It is quite possible that recent Bitcoin price drop is related to this news. Maybe they are trying to crush price down so they can buy lots of Bitcoins before they launch their new payment system and then when they launch it, price will raise again and they will sell their Bitcoins and make profit.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

Very nice, good to see.

wzb422

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:38:04 PM

happy to hear that
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:46:46 PM

great news bitcoin accepted map keeps increasing day per day
and price keeps decreasing  Undecided
C64_4EVA

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:50:33 PM

Great news indeed! This is becoming the year of Bitcoin acceptance. Once Amazon, Ebay or Paypal accept it adoption will explode!!

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:28:46 PM

That's good news. Through Bitpay and Coinbase many companies accepted BTC. I think BTC will get more users.
But still, I don't think the price will rise because of this though BTC will get a good attention. They will probably dump BTC to get a currency they need. Correct me if I am wrong. Smiley
Kindly,
       MZ

lordscales91

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:58:56 PM

That's good news. Through Bitpay and Coinbase many companies accepted BTC. I think BTC will get more users.
But still, I don't think the price will rise because of this though BTC will get a good attention. They will probably dump BTC to get a currency they need. Correct me if I am wrong. Smiley
Kindly,
       MZ

Well, I already thought that possibility, the problem is that when a merchant uses BitPay it don't even see the BTC, instead they are paid in fiat by BitPay. In a similar way when a merchant uses CoinBase probably will dump automatically the BTC for fiat... In other words, the merchants using these platforms are not really accepting BTC, they are not changing their minds about the way we use money.

So, as a result, if the volume of merchants using these solutions increase it will result in more "sell orders" of BTC on the exchanges this means the offer of BTC increase and if offer is more than demand the price will tend to drop.

We were very excited about this news because we though that this will be good for BTC but, maybe it will affect negatively the BTC instead.
MoonTime

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:07:07 PM

Its good news. More the word BTC spreads, higher will be prices and higher will be profits.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: