Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380953 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:25:19 PM

Pretty sure it is just UTC difficulty algo being too sensitive and 'correcting' too far either side of optimum.  Things seem to get a lot more twitchy at these low low N15+ POW diffs.  Also as a POS/POW hybrid adjusting teh difficulty is even more complicated as the POW diff is in feedback with the POS diff so that a weighting between the two is maintained.  I don't feel like looking it up but I have a strong hunch that the YAC difficulty adjustment settings are not as sensitive so you will not see as much oscillation in difficulty if you are trying to compare the two coins.

Yeah, the Peercoin exponential retarget is much more precise.  And of course, what scrypt-chacha folks are used to seeing behind a network rate.  I definitely prefer the stability this retarget brings, but since it only uses the last two blocks it's vulnerable to time manipulation.

Digishield can be oscillated more.  It tends to overshoot a bit at the extremes.  But while it swings more than before, the blocks still have an acceptable spacing over time.   It appears to scale up nicely- Dogecoin doesn't appear to having any issues with it.  I like the asymmetric rise/fall.  Being able to correct downward faster than upward was a positive to making the coin more available to our dedicated miners by quickly recovering from those difficulty levels that leave the chain stuck.  It's less affected from time manipulation.  But, at the difficulty lows and the highs the network hash rate seems to go beyond the actual a bit when it overshoots.

I was hoping someone else would have some input on this good discussion...

I'm not smart enough to tackle how to strike the right balance with the difficulty adjustments. I know it has been a complaint with YAC in the past where it takes a couple weeks for the difficulty to adjust appropriately after the NFactor change. I feel this issue needs to be investigated because I don't think these difficulty swings are good. As a miner, I could just jump on when it is low and leave when it is high--maximizing my profits while hurting UTC. Am I missing something?

Kracko, I still don't understand why you are punishing miners in order to balance your two pools while the network is completely unbalanced. Has there been a fork now? Is that why Cryptsy has UTC under maintenance?

Meanwhile, it seems UTC will soon no longer have the largest marketcap for scrypt-chacha. And the coin that will be ahead of UTC has only one working pool. I am a big fan of decentralization, but the cost-benefit analysis of what you are doing is clear. Besides, that 3% takeaway from miners for the 'dev' fund becomes pretty meaningless as the price continues to fall. Just my thoughts...

Duly noted.  Sorry you feel that way, but yet again, the retarget is going to stay as it is.  In my mind, a little bounciness is preferable to leaving your miners with an overly high difficulty for a couple weeks.  Be it time manipulation or intermittent miners, there will be a fast recovery.

The only one making an issue of the pools is you.  There are no forks that I'm aware of.  And you would have to ask Cryptsy, we haven't published any changes in production since the last release.

May the best coin win.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:14:10 PM

Duly noted.  Sorry you feel that way, but yet again, the retarget is going to stay as it is.  In my mind, a little bounciness is preferable to leaving your miners with an overly high difficulty for a couple weeks.  Be it time manipulation or intermittent miners, there will be a fast recovery.

The only one making an issue of the pools is you.  There are no forks that I'm aware of.  And you would have to ask Cryptsy, we haven't published any changes in production since the last release.

May the best coin win.

You realize mullick is with Cryptsy, right?

Apparently, I am the only one making that complaint. And I feel you were the only one who would have responded to mullick. Everyone else is focused on the completely non-constructive comments of someone else... may the best coin 'win'.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
Kracko

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:59:29 PM

Duly noted.  Sorry you feel that way, but yet again, the retarget is going to stay as it is.  In my mind, a little bounciness is preferable to leaving your miners with an overly high difficulty for a couple weeks.  Be it time manipulation or intermittent miners, there will be a fast recovery.

The only one making an issue of the pools is you.  There are no forks that I'm aware of.  And you would have to ask Cryptsy, we haven't published any changes in production since the last release.

May the best coin win.

You realize mullick is with Cryptsy, right?

Apparently, I am the only one making that complaint. And I feel you were the only one who would have responded to mullick. Everyone else is focused on the completely non-constructive comments of someone else... may the best coin 'win'.

Yes and I did.  And apparently they thought they were updating when the downgraded to DX11's wallet.  So, in a way you were right, they were on the wrong fork.
Kracko

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:09:23 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 09:35:51 AM by Kracko

An anonymous UTC stratum is up for testing.

Webhttp://pool.ultracoin.net
Stratumstratum+tcp://pool.ultracoin.net:4242
Username<Your UTC address>
Passwordx

This will be the pool utilized by the future OneClick wallet addition.

Edit:  port 4242 has a static diff of 1
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:35:53 AM

Hello,

I would like to hear if a road map is available for UTC.
Any updates or plans for UTC? Thanks, best...
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:50:26 AM

Hallelujah - thanks Kracko
The one-click wallet (which I assume is the one-click-miner)

Cheers usukan

Passwordx

--

--
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:02:29 PM

@Stevan, you're very quiet and absent.

Why Huh

Hello,

I would like to hear if a road map is available for UTC.
Any updates or plans for UTC? Thanks, best...
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 04:24:14 AM

Hello Ultracoin community members,

I apologize that I have been absent on the forums recently. I have been very busy in my professional and personal life lately, and have had some issues needing to be ironed out which I am almost fully wrapped up with now. Do not worry, I am still 100% here and active within the team, I will be making a point to be more active in the forum from here on out and answering any questions you may have more directly. I want to start off by saying, congratulations, we have made through year one of our long and continued journey! I believe 2015 will be a huge year for the cryptocurrency movement, and as cryptocurrencies begin to gain more and more traction in the financial ecosystem, I believe we will see a new dawn in cryptocurrency that the world has yet to fully embrace. Looking at the bigger picture, very few people are familiar with Bitcoin, what it is used for, let alone how it works. However, it is estimated that over 100,000 businesses now accept Bitcoin! This is a huge success for all of us, even the communities of other cryptocurrencies. As one of the greatest advancements of the 21st century, a decentralized, trustless, digital currency is now being used by a significant minority of the population. However, it is not significant enough, which means we have much further to go, but it also means that our opportunities are endless, and the future of cryptocurrency holds endless potential. Each year as the popularity of cryptocurrencies continue to grow, we continue to grow with it. We forgot as a community sometimes, that we are pioneers in an exciting new era of money, never before seen in the entire history of mankind. Economists have struggled for eons, attempting to understand, define and even manipulate money, for the first time in human history we have something so organic, so unique and so inherently rebellious that no one is quite sure how it will shape our economies and our world.

As Ultracoin turns 1 year old this month, we have made startling progress considering out short time here. Month after month, Ultracoin continues to grow and foster a body of dedicated community members, miners and investors. We are closing in on exiting the "catch-up" phase with our older brothers in the cryptocurrency movement, and are moving towards expanding in ways that will ensure Ultracoin stays unique and never a commodity. Yesterday, we had a meeting with two new potential developers, Travis and Claudio, whom will be entering our team and taking on projects. Travis has been familiar with Ultracoin for a very long time and accompanied me to Hasher's United in October, without him introducing me to Ultracoin, I most likely wouldn't be here serving you today. Claudio is a long time developer whom I had the pleasure to meet at the most recent North American Bitcoin Conference. The duo may post a more formal introduction with their various skills & talents later on, both of them will be joining the Ultracoin development team as passionate contributors! This is sure to take some of the weight off Kracko's shoulders and ensure more consistent content launches and a wider variety of projects in development.

As far as projects are concerned, the Android wallet is well on its way to launch, and as Kracko previously stated, the one click miner is nearing completion as well and set to rumble soon. These are both exciting tools for adoption, the one click miner will certainly attract new miners and make Ultracoin mining more easily accessible to beginner to advanced users. As the rise of ASIC mining continues to dominate popular algorithim's and most cryptocurrencies are struggling to keep their ASIC resistant asterisk, Ultracoin is still strongly ASIC resistant thanks to Scrypt-ChaCha. Our Android application will feature a full fledged wallet, include a re-design specifically for the Android platform, and encourage merchant adoption for brick & mortar retailers. I will be including several restaurants and shops in the Florida Keys into this list of accepted restaurants shortly accompanying this launch. Our road map for the future also includes several other projects, partnerships and opportunities including shopping cart plugins, online shops, mobile payment partners, and more.

For all of the community members that are with us today, I just wanted to say thank you for being a part of the wild wild world of cryptocurrencies with us, and choosing the Ultracoin community as your home. I believe that 2015 will be a huge year for cryptocurrencies, a major stepping stone for Ultracoin, and a another year of progress!

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin.net

Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:27:40 AM

Trying this on a 290X, just because.

how much do you sell your kernel for?
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:57:12 AM

Trying this on a 290X, just because.

how much do you sell your kernel for?

Haven't made one for scrypt-chacha Nf 15 yet.

ah, thought you made one for yacoin (same algo)
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:00:50 PM

Thank you for the update Stevan !

I apologize that I have been absent on the forums recently. I have been very busy in my professional and personal life lately, and have had some issues needing to be ironed out which I am almost fully wrapped up with now. Do not worry, I am still 100% here and active within the team, I will be making a point to be more active in the forum from here on out and answering any questions you may have more directly. I want to start off by saying, congratulations, we have made through year one of our long and continued journey! I believe 2015 will be a huge year for the cryptocurrency movement, and as cryptocurrencies begin to gain more and more traction in the financial ecosystem, I believe we will see a new dawn in cryptocurrency that the world has yet to fully embrace. Looking at the bigger picture, very few people are familiar with Bitcoin, what it is used for, let alone how it works. However, it is estimated that over 100,000 businesses now accept Bitcoin! This is a huge success for all of us, even the communities of other cryptocurrencies. As one of the greatest advancements of the 21st century, a decentralized, trustless, digital currency is now being used by a significant minority of the population. However, it is not significant enough, which means we have much further to go, but it also means that our opportunities are endless, and the future of cryptocurrency holds endless potential. Each year as the popularity of cryptocurrencies continue to grow, we continue to grow with it. We forgot as a community sometimes, that we are pioneers in an exciting new era of money, never before seen in the entire history of mankind. Economists have struggled for eons, attempting to understand, define and even manipulate money, for the first time in human history we have something so organic, so unique and so inherently rebellious that no one is quite sure how it will shape our economies and our world.

As Ultracoin turns 1 year old this month, we have made startling progress considering out short time here. Month after month, Ultracoin continues to grow and foster a body of dedicated community members, miners and investors. We are closing in on exiting the "catch-up" phase with our older brothers in the cryptocurrency movement, and are moving towards expanding in ways that will ensure Ultracoin stays unique and never a commodity. Yesterday, we had a meeting with two new potential developers, Travis and Claudio, whom will be entering our team and taking on projects. Travis has been familiar with Ultracoin for a very long time and accompanied me to Hasher's United in October, without him introducing me to Ultracoin, I most likely wouldn't be here serving you today. Claudio is a long time developer whom I had the pleasure to meet at the most recent North American Bitcoin Conference. The duo may post a more formal introduction with their various skills & talents later on, both of them will be joining the Ultracoin development team as passionate contributors! This is sure to take some of the weight off Kracko's shoulders and ensure more consistent content launches and a wider variety of projects in development.

As far as projects are concerned, the Android wallet is well on its way to launch, and as Kracko previously stated, the one click miner is nearing completion as well and set to rumble soon. These are both exciting tools for adoption, the one click miner will certainly attract new miners and make Ultracoin mining more easily accessible to beginner to advanced users. As the rise of ASIC mining continues to dominate popular algorithim's and most cryptocurrencies are struggling to keep their ASIC resistant asterisk, Ultracoin is still strongly ASIC resistant thanks to Scrypt-ChaCha. Our Android application will feature a full fledged wallet, include a re-design specifically for the Android platform, and encourage merchant adoption for brick & mortar retailers. I will be including several restaurants and shops in the Florida Keys into this list of accepted restaurants shortly accompanying this launch. Our road map for the future also includes several other projects, partnerships and opportunities including shopping cart plugins, online shops, mobile payment partners, and more.

For all of the community members that are with us today, I just wanted to say thank you for being a part of the wild wild world of cryptocurrencies with us, and choosing the Ultracoin community as your home. I believe that 2015 will be a huge year for cryptocurrencies, a major stepping stone for Ultracoin, and a another year of progress!

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin.net

Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:15:50 PM

Thank you for the update Stevan !

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin.net

I will support until the bitter end, always has and always will. Dev-team I believe in you all, thank you for your hard work Smiley

UTC UTC UTC
tunkhty

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:24:35 PM

by some reason i can't mine this coin with YACminer . Is there another miner to mine this coin ?

biztfree.com - a free cloud mining
Ref link:
http://goo.gl/qwsu4d
be my ref to support me
Kracko

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:32:33 PM

by some reason i can't mine this coin with YACminer . Is there another miner to mine this coin ?

Use the static diff port 5555 on ultrablockparty.com, utc.tumblingblock.com or utc2.tumblingblock.com.

yacminer does not play well with variable difficulty stratums that could have a diff below 1.

tunkhty

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:26:09 AM

i'd like to use cgminer 3.7.2 but look like it isn't support scrypt-jane

biztfree.com - a free cloud mining
Ref link:
http://goo.gl/qwsu4d
be my ref to support me
wtfc360

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:40:12 AM

Hi Kracko, I just pointed one of my miners towards the test pool, tell me if you need more and for how long. It seem to be working, can see the miner in http://pool.ultracoin.net/.

Passwordx

Edit:  port 4242 has a static diff of 1
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:50:07 AM

I never would have thought I'd be so happy to see 2kh/s out of a 290X lol. Hope it doesn't throw HW errors.

You would find out in less than 5 minutes if that were the case, so you just made me suspect... :/

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 02:11:26 PM

You idiot devs i havent seen more idiots in my entire life than this shit community without devs and without any inovation .Look what you have done to the coin ,Bittrex is delisting it due to low volume  of trading also cryptsy have given some infos that will delist low volume coins mentioned also ultra coin.You only do is say words about one click shit miners .nothing in this community to be done you only did is destroy the coin by delisting it from bittrex and delisted from coinpayments processor .im done with this shit coin .im going to dump 1 milion say goodbye to this joke of cryptos

I'm sorry we couldn't support you in your aspirations in making a quick buck. Last time I checked, I wasn't on your payroll. We are not delisted from coinpayments, and I'll take care of negotations with bittrex if I have to. All you do is come here and complain while others are working hard on actually moving us forward. You are not a team player, you are a leech. Have a better day.

opper

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:27:56 PM

Ultradar, I dare you to list your coins on bittrex and just watch what will happen.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:01:15 PM

You idiot devs i havent seen more idiots in my entire life than this shit community without devs and without any inovation .Look what you have done to the coin ,Bittrex is delisting it due to low volume  of trading also cryptsy have given some infos that will delist low volume coins mentioned also ultra coin.You only do is say words about one click shit miners .nothing in this community to be done you only did is destroy the coin by delisting it from bittrex and delisted from coinpayments processor .im done with this shit coin .im going to dump 1 milion say goodbye to this joke of cryptos
Dear ultraradar, might I suggest that (at the moment) any coin's first priority is survival? Haven't you noticed the falling price of all coins? UTC has both an active community, and a committed development team. This is rare, and ensures UTC's continued existence.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: