Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380955 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:35:06 AM

i cant contribute with a lot of funds so i can't say what to do with coinomi. I think more people will be running fullnodes if we can somehow incorporate pruning and somehow control the UTXO size. Currently wallet consumes 900 MB to a gig of RAM which makes running it 24/7 very difficult. Bad thing is staking encourages people to have more UTXOs so they can stake more frequently, i think we can control some of it if we can improve splitting of coins during staking. You can look at code of Jumbucks(https://github.com/jyap808/jumbucks), they have pretty efficient staking code, best i have seen with conventional PoS.

Thanks sambiohazard - I can run nodes no probs on a range of machines from pretty low spec - but yes there is always room for improvement. Staking seems good from my observations but I know what you are talking about. Best to stake your wallets say once a month - not continuously.

Hey - I am certainly not keen to do another fork for a while    Cheesy    - if its not broken don't feck with it is my thinking  - until we need to add some nice new features.

Cheers - usukan

Fair enough, although i think we have to move forward to get rid of stagnation of past year or so and generate investor confidence. Also i am not sure if introducing pruning and improving PoS will be hard forks. We need to get all important forks done while community is small, later it would be very difficult.

Its a good point about changes while small community.  This must not be underestimated to fast-track great ideas.

Steven will be back next week and he will take the lead on arranging future developments that the community supports.

He has some exciting stuff for the UltraCoin community to consider.

Cheers - usukan

--

--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:08:06 PM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Friday, October 28th 2016 unless the average daily trade volume for the last 14 days exceeds 0.3 BTC. If you would like to keep the market listed, please encourage the development team to contact us at support@bittrex.com. If you have questions about the policy, please see https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874.
Is this warning real on bittrex-exchange? I think this message is more than 3weeks obove the bittrex-market? Any other exchanges for UTC, only one is not so much for a comeback.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 08:31:19 PM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Friday, October 28th 2016 unless the average daily trade volume for the last 14 days exceeds 0.3 BTC. If you would like to keep the market listed, please encourage the development team to contact us at support@bittrex.com. If you have questions about the policy, please see https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874.
Is this warning real on bittrex-exchange? I think this message is more than 3weeks obove the bittrex-market? Any other exchanges for UTC, only one is not so much for a comeback.

The warning is out of date - Bittrex has just forgotten to take it down. Yes more exchanges will come as UltraCoin "comes back".

--

--
bret

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 12:42:57 AM

Ultracoin QT Wallet 1.0.0.0 (Windows)

Found a bug. When I am in Overview then switch to Transactions and right click to Clear Orphans then switch back to Overview all my transactions show 0.00 with no address.

Switching between Overview to Transactions and back seems to be fine, but clearing orphans seems to clear everything out from them Overview section. This is the Windows version of the wallet.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:05:43 PM

Found a bug. When I am in Overview then switch to Transactions and right click to Clear Orphans then switch back to Overview all my transactions show 0.00 with no address.

Switching between Overview to Transactions and back seems to be fine, but clearing orphans seems to clear everything out from them Overview section. This is the Windows version of the wallet.

Hi bret

I have tried to replicate your issue on several machines (that were CPU mining and running synced wallet - so short on resources) - I can't.  

I run clear orphans function on Transactions - but all Transactions are still there with addresses etc?

Were you doing this on a synced or unsynced wallet?  

I would just restart your wallet if the display issue persists after full sync.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
bret

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:55:16 PM

Hi bret

I have tried to replicate your issue on several machines (that were CPU mining and running synced wallet - so short on resources) - I can't.  

I run clear orphans function on Transactions - but all Transactions are still there with addresses etc?

Were you doing this on a synced or unsynced wallet?  

I would just restart your wallet if the display issue persists after full sync.

Cheers - usukan

It's not a one-off thing. It happens to me every single time.

Here are some pics to illustrate:

Sorry for all the blurring, I was over cautious on hiding potential private info.

What usually happens is everything shows as [0.00] in the overview screen, sometimes I get the results of this particular screenshot where just some of my transactions are replaced with [0.00] in the overview screen, but the normal behavior is everything is changed to [0.00].

I found the only way to fix it was to restarted the wallet.

It may be that this is related to staking? I have been staking here and there and usually that is when I need to clear orphans and when the problem happens. This is something new to 1.0.0.0 the previous wallets would not glitch when I cleared orphans.

What else is odd is that once this happens, no further transactions show up until I quit and restart the wallet.
bret

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:03:29 PM

Ok, so it looks like the ones that are replaced with [0.00] might be actual orphans. When I perform clear orphans right after I open and re-sync the wallet everything is fine (no transactions are replaced with [0.00]).

So what I think is happening is that I am collecting orphans from staking and when I clear them something glitches and it removes the orphans but does not replace them with real transactions it just leaves my overview screen empty.

I am also fairly certain staking stops working when this happens. It may be because the wallet stops syncing or something else, but I left the wallet running for 30 minutes after it glitched and when I restarted it I was about 30 minutes behind.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:40:55 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2016, 10:01:29 PM by usukan

Ok, so it looks like the ones that are replaced with [0.00] might be actual orphans. When I perform clear orphans right after I open and re-sync the wallet everything is fine (no transactions are replaced with [0.00]).

So what I think is happening is that I am collecting orphans from staking and when I clear them something glitches and it removes the orphans but does not replace them with real transactions it just leaves my overview screen empty.

I am also fairly certain staking stops working when this happens. It may be because the wallet stops syncing or something else, but I left the wallet running for 30 minutes after it glitched and when I restarted it I was about 30 minutes behind.

Hi bret - I'm no expert on this but I am wondering first why you are getting orphans?

I staked several wallets over the last few days and got ZERO orphans.

To me it seems that your connection may not be very fast and you are submitting stale stakes (submitting after the block has been claimed by someone else) - and that may be why you are getting orphans.

I have no idea if that (slow connection) also affects how your wallet works - but it certainly could.

Of course your computer resources could be limiting you also - if you were running a few other apps/had one of Windows famous resource hogs running in background/Windows was downloading a batch update in the background and/or your CPU/Memory was a low spec - any or all of these may affect wallet operations.

The other suggestion is don't clear orphans with your wallet in staking mode (although I have tried this also and no issues for me)

Also - I note that you only seem to have connections to about 2 peers - this is a little strange in itself as I get 6-8 usually?  No idea if this has anything to do with your orphans.

Lets see if anyone else notes the issue.  

As I said - I cannot replicate but all my machines are Win10 and medium to high spec with a good internet connection.  Nevertheless I can run a CPU miner and a staking UTC wallet (on my oldest machine) with no problems and do not get your error - CPUMiner using 99% CPU/0.5% Memory and the UTC wallet 0.4% CPU/24% Memory.

I believe you have the issue but I suspect its something to do with your particular computing environment.

I would be most concerned about finding the reason for your orphans and concentrate on that - if you fix that there is a good chance that your wallet issue will also resolve.

Since you can just restart your wallet and everything resolves  - thats an easy fix for the problem you have.

Perhaps @PressTab may wish to comment.

Go to Windows "Task Manager" and check out resource useage to see if it gives any clues?

Cheers - usukan

--

--
bret

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 11:30:29 PM

I definitely starve the wallet's resources. I run the wallet inside a virtual machine to prevent it from eating up all my resources and slowing down my machine (among many other reasons, like no usable mac version last I tried). The wallet tries to eat up all my RAM and CPU and I have plenty of it (16GB RAM and late model Core i7).

I am sure running inside a virtual machine is also causing it to have trouble finding peers. But honestly, I get a healthy stake and never have trouble syncing the wallet, usually syncs within a seconds of launch unless it has days worth of catching up to do.

The virtual machine could be why I am getting orphans. These are the same conditions I ran all the previous wallet versions under, which also produced orphans, but clearing them never caused an issue in the past. But I have no plans to remove the wallet from it's sandbox as long as it continues to be extremely resource hungry. I would rather starve it and get orphans than slow down everything else.

Anyway, I know the bug exists, I've tried it under fresh OS installs, after wallet restarts, etc and any time there are orphans to be cleared it glitches now. I've been dealing with the orphan problem for probably 12-18 months and never had the overview page glitch prior to this update. It's not a huge deal, easy to fix / workaround, but I can assure you the issue is present and seemingly unrelated to my particular setup. If you are not generating orphans than you would not be able to reproduce it.

Seems to me for every orphan you have staked, it hides a real transaction on the overview page when you clear them. Since it shows 4 transactions by default, if you have 4 orphans then they all get turned into [0.00] on the overview page. I think the case when I see only 1 or 2 changing to [0.00] is when I have only 1 or 2 orphans.

But like I said, I'm not too worried about fixing the orphan problem, I get plenty of UTC from staking and if I am missing out on a few a day I am fine with that. Just annoying when I clear the orphans then have to restart the wallet because I don't always remember to turn staking back on.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:09:33 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 06:03:37 AM by usukan

I definitely starve the wallet's resources. I run the wallet inside a virtual machine to prevent it from eating up all my resources and slowing down my machine (among many other reasons, like no usable mac version last I tried). The wallet tries to eat up all my RAM and CPU and I have plenty of it (16GB RAM and late model Core i7).

I am sure running inside a virtual machine is also causing it to have trouble finding peers. But honestly, I get a healthy stake and never have trouble syncing the wallet, usually syncs within a seconds of launch unless it has days worth of catching up to do.

The virtual machine could be why I am getting orphans. These are the same conditions I ran all the previous wallet versions under, which also produced orphans, but clearing them never caused an issue in the past. But I have no plans to remove the wallet from it's sandbox as long as it continues to be extremely resource hungry. I would rather starve it and get orphans than slow down everything else.

Anyway, I know the bug exists, I've tried it under fresh OS installs, after wallet restarts, etc and any time there are orphans to be cleared it glitches now. I've been dealing with the orphan problem for probably 12-18 months and never had the overview page glitch prior to this update. It's not a huge deal, easy to fix / workaround, but I can assure you the issue is present and seemingly unrelated to my particular setup. If you are not generating orphans than you would not be able to reproduce it.

Seems to me for every orphan you have staked, it hides a real transaction on the overview page when you clear them. Since it shows 4 transactions by default, if you have 4 orphans then they all get turned into [0.00] on the overview page. I think the case when I see only 1 or 2 changing to [0.00] is when I have only 1 or 2 orphans.

But like I said, I'm not too worried about fixing the orphan problem, I get plenty of UTC from staking and if I am missing out on a few a day I am fine with that. Just annoying when I clear the orphans then have to restart the wallet because I don't always remember to turn staking back on.

I have refered it PressTab for comment - will let you know what he says.

Just an observation on staking - if you stake every 2-4 weeks for a few hours - the return is the same for continuous staking - and its far less hassle and more secure than leaving your wallet always unlocked and staking.  Sure you are supporting the network by always having your wallet online.  It also creates far fewer individual transactions (and larger indiv stakes) for your wallet (requiring fewer consolidations for efficient wallet operations).

I'm just wondering if you have thousands of transactions/inputs involved in each stake and this is perhaps a draw on resources causing your issue/freeze and orphans.  As I mentioned in a previous post I consolidate all my wallets (UTC and other) every 6-12 months to keep things lite.

As I remember your debug log was massive suggesting long running with perhaps 1000's of small stakes and I suggested you consolidate your wallet to make it a bit more streamlined. You likely have a very heavy wallet in terms of data and its probably not helping.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.msg16838231#msg16838231

Cheers

--

--
bret

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:24:23 AM

Thanks for following up on this, appreciated.

My wallet is very old. But since I deleted the debug log a few weeks back, the log has only grown to 192KB, which is a good sign. I've had my wallet running almost continuously for years, not always staking, but always running. Lately I have been continuously staking just to see what happens. In the past I wouldn't stake as much.

My wallet probably does need consolidating. I suppose I could setup another virtual machine with a fresh wallet, split the coins evenly over an appropriate number of addresses. But how does that effect my staking, won't I be starting over? Is it really impacting the network that bad if I continuously stake and don't consolidate?

If that is the case, then at some point wouldn't it be a good idea to put a feature in the wallet to clean itself up? There could be people out there who are staking constantly and don't read the forums.
wtfc360

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:44:23 AM

I have also noted the same glitch, so I don't think it's about cpu ram or resources or internet connection.
Staking is fine almost all the time, yes I do have seen rarely one orphan but very unusual, but after a few hours of staking I will also get the 0.0 in the overview and them building up so there will be 0.0 and then 0.0 and so on. It's enough if I close down the wallet and restart just the wallet and enable stake and it will work just fine again.
I don't stake 24/7, sometimes I just open the wallet to support the network without staking, I will have between 2 and 6 connection to the network at average.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:46:21 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 08:59:40 AM by usukan

I have also noted the same glitch, so I don't think it's about cpu ram or resources or internet connection.
Staking is fine almost all the time, yes I do have seen rarely one orphan but very unusual, but after a few hours of staking I will also get the 0.0 in the overview and them building up so there will be 0.0 and then 0.0 and so on. It's enough if I close down the wallet and restart just the wallet and enable stake and it will work just fine again.
I don't stake 24/7, sometimes I just open the wallet to support the network without staking, I will have between 2 and 6 connection to the network at average.

Hi wtfc360 - are you saying you get 0.0 in the Overview and you are NOT running the "clear orphans" function?

Like they just build up - and you are doing nothing apart from staking?

AND - you are getting this 0.0 building up - even when you are not even getting orphans?

Cheers - usukan

--

--
wtfc360

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 10:54:55 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 11:30:51 AM by wtfc360

Hi Usukan, I'm not sure what happens if I don't "clear orphans" I usually do that after a few hours staking even if I don't get any orphans, don't know why I do it really. So that means I'm not sure what happens with just the staking, will try that out now and see if I get the 0.0 in the overview window, will report back later in a couple of hours of pure staking (my guess is that I won't see the bug then).
When I do get the 0.0 they seem to build up so in the overview window and it will just report 0.0, next transaction 0.0 and so on until all the 4 latest transaction that are showing in the overview window will be 0.0.
It's like the transactions "hangs itself" and get stuck on reporting just 0.0.
I'm only stake minting and not CPU mining with the wallet or so.
I'm not sure if this happens whether I get orphans or not, like I said I find it very rare to get any orphans at all now, if I get any at all. I think it may have something to to with the "clear orphan" command in the transaction window.

When I write this I have 3 active connections and synced the wallet to block 1844374
All green ticks in transaction window (6/6 confirmations) on all transaction, no orphans.
Ultracoin version 1.0.0.0
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

i have the same issue as bret regarding "Clear Orphans" function. Exactly same as bret described it, although only other effect is i dont seem to get another stake until i restart the wallet. Restarting the wallet fixes it all. Also my wallet is not at all starved of resources except for bandwidth maybe.

EDIT: orphans are rare but they do happen for me.
bret

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:13:05 PM

i have the same issue as bret regarding "Clear Orphans" function. Exactly same as bret described it, although only other effect is i dont seem to get another stake until i restart the wallet. Restarting the wallet fixes it all. Also my wallet is not at all starved of resources except for bandwidth maybe.

EDIT: orphans are rare but they do happen for me.

This is exactly what happens to me. I don't see any more stakes (or possibly any transactions at all) when I use the "Clear Orphans" function. I haven't really looked too much into it but I can tell I stop staking and appear to stop syncing entirely after I run "Clear Orphans". Again, a wallet restart appears to fix everything, but it's kind of a habit for me to clear orphans every once in a while.
wtfc360

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:05:20 PM

So now I have been staking for approx 9 hours and got approx 250 incoming stakes of various amounts, no orphans, no 0.0 in the overview window.
Wallet "Up to date" block 1844944, 5 active connections.
Tried to "clear orphans" now (the non-existing) and let's se what happens...
wtfc360

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:23:01 PM

Now my wallet have been staking for little more than an hour after "clear orphans" (did it 5 times during this period), still no orphans, no 0.0.
Approx 45+ incoming confirmed stakes of various amounts.
Wallet up to date, block 1845038, 5 active connections

Perhaps the glitch only occur IF you do get a rare orphan and then you "clear orphans"?
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:43:29 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 10:06:41 PM by usukan

Now my wallet have been staking for little more than an hour after "clear orphans" (did it 5 times during this period), still no orphans, no 0.0.
Approx 45+ incoming confirmed stakes of various amounts.
Wallet up to date, block 1845038, 5 active connections

Perhaps the glitch only occur IF you do get a rare orphan and then you "clear orphans"?

Thanks wtfc360

PressTab says that he did not touch that part of the code - so he's not sure what the issue is.

It seems that if you do not run the "clear orphan" function - you don't get the glitch and your wallet stakes on with no problems.
If you don't get orphans and you run clear orphans - you don't have any problems (its only the rare case when you do get orphans - and I have not had ANY since the fork).
If you do get lots of orphans - check your computing environment out.  Perhaps try a wallet consolidation if you have an old wallet with lots of small transactions and stakes.  

If you do run clear orphans - just restart your wallet.
Don't forget that you should get 0.0 for an orphan anyway (the 0.0 is only reporting that the stake was a null value) - the main concern (@bret) is that sometimes the wallet freezes after clearing orphans - so if you do want to clear orphans (and its not required its just an aesthetics thing) just restart the wallet to update the ledger and get syncing and staking again.  

We can look into this next time we do a wallet upgrade.  Its not a serious issue and certainly does not require a fork or anything.

To put it in perspective - if thats the only glitch we have after a new wallet and hard fork - its damn good IMO.

Thanks all for reporting and investigating.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
bret

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 11:19:38 PM

I agree 100%. The only reason I reported this in the first place was to make the team aware of the issue so they could catalog it and decide if/when it needs to be fixed. It's hardly a critical issue, but it is a bug and I wanted to let the team know about it. Sounds like others have noticed too, but since it's not really a critical issue most of us just work around it.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: