Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will you sell?  (Read 3806 times)
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:41:26 PM

I read a lot of posts here about people hoping the price will hit $10000 or whatever and it got me thinking what is everybodys price that they will start to sell some of their coins.
How much would Btc have to be before you start selling?

A lot of people decided to sell when it hit $1200, but they end up selling at $300 when it just started rally. So its all about greed and fear...
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 02:27:39 PM

It is questions like this that are the reason many early adopters sold at prices like $32, $100, $200, etc...

If you actually understand the purpose of Bitcoin then the answer is never.

If you are in Bitcoin just to make some quick money to cash out into fiat then you still don't 'get it'

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:09:35 PM

One common approach, and one that I adhere to, is a percentage/target based amount. So I have a pegged fund value that I have as a target for my current amount of bitcoins (in terms of USD since most of my investments are in USD). So when there is a rally, I will sell a portion so that my fiat value doesn't exceed my target amount (after factoring for accumulation and current short-term growth rates). It's worked well for me in the past and I don't plan on changing my approach any time soon.
log2exp

Activity: 178
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:15:16 PM

Will never sell for fiat. May buy few things after few years.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

when overbought

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
silversmith

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

I will never sell my bitcoins for fiat. I will only spend my bitcoins for real products or services.
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:06:29 PM

I read a lot of posts here about people hoping the price will hit $10000 or whatever and it got me thinking what is everybodys price that they will start to sell some of their coins.
How much would Btc have to be before you start selling?

A lot of people decided to sell when it hit $1200, but they end up selling at $300 when it just started rally. So its all about greed and fear...

This is why people should sell when everyone is bullish and buy when everyone is bearish.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:38:17 PM

I have actually made a habit of immediately re-purchasing the same amount of BTC if I spend any of it.   I want my long term BTC holdings to keep increasing (rather than decreasing).   If possible, I spend fiat on my purchases (unless the company accepts only BTC, like Trezor for instance)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:15:34 PM

After each new order of magnitude in prices sell 10% of your holdings at that moment
this way you will (practically) never run out of initial bitcoins but you will get to diversify into a lot of things

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:22:15 PM

I'll sell whenever I need fiat currency  Cheesy

asganauei

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:44:14 PM

Never sell your bitcoins! I'll hold for years and then I'll use them to buy things.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

I will panic sell if it drops below 1$.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:29:50 PM

Will try to sell at the top of the bubble, and buy again at the backdrop.

Yeah, I'm crazy.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:31:29 PM

I gotta admit I've got several ways of selling BTCs when the price is going up (don't sell, when it's going down, if you ask me Wink) But one thing is for certain: You have to sell at some point. If you don't do this (or use the BTC to buy something), you are never profiting. People who only accumulate get nothing back from their investments!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:43:44 PM

I gotta admit I've got several ways of selling BTCs when the price is going up (don't sell, when it's going down, if you ask me Wink) But one thing is for certain: You have to sell at some point. If you don't do this (or use the BTC to buy something), you are never profiting. People who only accumulate get nothing back from their investments!

You don't need to get out of the game, if it gets to the point that everything that you buy (groceries, clothes, cars, etc) can be bought with BTC too.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:45:58 PM

This is very true, don't stop at the closest stop; try to get as much out of something as you can. In this case, it means making your money (i.e. bitcoins) work for you. However, that comes with even more risk, but if you're in this scene, you know that there is already a lot of risk.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:49:41 PM

You don't need to get out of the game, if it gets to the point that everything that you buy (groceries, clothes, cars, etc) can be bought with BTC too.

I never said you need to 'get out of the game' I just said, you need to liquidate some of your BTC holdings or realize your profits. If you do this by selling the BTC for FIAT or buy bread and soy milk at the grocery story doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you'll never have a profit unless you realize it!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:54:22 PM

Not if you have been accumulating for years, if you began on 2012 so you now must have tons of btcs.. so by selling only some bitcoins every month you have a great income.
And you dont have to sell them for fiat! now you can buy many things with btcs...
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:57:14 PM

I selled only one time.
All my other BTC were spent. More thank holding and selling, using the avaiable services is the real use for Bitcoin.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Devin Chow

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:13:34 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 09:39:43 AM by Devin Chow

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: