Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:37:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Months in Syria: Russia Has Made History  (Read 1684 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:12:43 PM

This promises to be an enlightening read. Even the blurb is informative:

*NEW*: The Dirty War on Syria: Washington, Regime Change and Resistance (PDF)
https://store.globalresearch.ca/store/the-dirty-war-on-syria-washington-regime-change-and-resistance-pdf/

The Dirty War on Syria has relied on a level of mass disinformation not seen in living memory. In seeking ‘regime change’ the big powers sought to hide their hand, using proxy armies of ‘Islamists’, demonising the Syrian Government and constantly accusing it of atrocities. In this way Syrian President Bashar al Assad, a mild-mannered eye doctor, became the new evil in the world.

I remember thinking that Hafez al Assad was pretty impressive in facing the challenges as well as he did.  Bashar didn't even want the job and only took it because his brother died.  When he took over I knew that his challenges would exceed even those of his father and I thought to myself on day one of his presidency that he was going to be challenged even more than his father and it would be unlikely that he, or anyone else, would be up to the task.  I suspect that he was lucky to have his adversaries underestimate him, but holding out and holding Syria together until this day is a testiment to his capabilities on their own merit as well.

The point you make about the strength afforded by organizing in a secular manner is a good one.  That takes one huge opportunity to 'divide and concur' away from the adversary.  It is a thing that I hope will be recognized by 'the masses' as we watch the elite try to guide us forward.  Witness their population mixing strategies as expressed by various 'immigration' policies as one example.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 01:47:29 PM

Inspiring Story! French couple decorates ‘Russian Rambo’ hero of Syria op with family’s WWII medals
https://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/inspiring-story-french-couple-decorates-russian-rambo-hero-of-syria-op-with-familys-wwii-medals/

This is a very touching story of Lieutenant Alexander Prokhorenko and his heroic death in Syria. Facing imminent capture, he called the Russian fire upon his own hidden position after being surrounded by ISIS jihadists, thus taking many islamists with him to the grave. He was posthumously awarded the Gold Star of the Hero of Russia. Lieutenant Prokhorenko has left behind his pregnant wife.

Incidentally, Prokhorenko is a typical Ukrainian name. You’ve probably heard me say before that there are millions of Ukrainians living in Russia, since essentially ‘Ukrainians’ are, simply put, Southern Russians, and most of the normal ones don’t consider themselves separate from the Great Russians in any way.

With great dismay, I often talk on this blog about the embarrassment that today’s Kiev junta-ruled Ukraine has turned itself into. This young man proves that there are good Ukrainians left in the world.

But the story of the Russian hero doesn’t end there. A French couple, in protest against the French media and government’s silence about Prokhorenko’s act of heroism and Russia’s role in Syria, decided to donate their cherished WWII medals to his family.

I’ve said that today’s Ukraine is an embarrassment. However, in truth, today’s collective West’s behavior and manipulation is an even bigger embarrassment, especially that of the US and EU.

But while the West is silent, trying to ignore facts and twist the truth to suit its agenda, ordinary people do speak up. It’s people’s diplomacy at work: Prokhorenko family has been getting letters and donations from all over, through Russian embassies and organizations. These tokens of support won’t replace their beloved husband and son, but they do confirm the family isn’t alone, as many grieve with them.

Touching video with details of Lieutenant Prokhorenko’s Syria act and the French couple’s gift

https://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/inspiring-story-french-couple-decorates-russian-rambo-hero-of-syria-op-with-familys-wwii-medals/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: