Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:33:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: http://www.coiningsolutions.com/ Purchased an S3  (Read 1664 times)
GrandMasterB (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:29:11 PM

www.coiningsolutions.com

I found an advertisement online so this isn't a review of the website services.

I ordered an Antminer S3 and met Waldohoover in person at a Starbucks between where I work and live so location was convenient. He was late by about 20 minutes, but it was the tail of rush hour so no big deal.

He brought the miner out and unboxed it. We looked over the plating and moved the fans. The unit looked good. He asked me if I needed help and I told him that I had read Doge's comprehensive setup guide several times and I'd like to give it a whirl on my own. We chatted for about 20 more minutes and made the exchange. He seems very passionate about his work.

I went to Fry's to pick up the extra components and got home by around 9:30pm. There were questions about the PSU I bought so I shot Waldohoover an email with some questions. Then, I proceeded to ignore my girlfriend who brought me dinner and eventually went to bed while I tinkered.

This being my first time setting up an asic I was up until 2:30am after posting some questions to Doge. Fortunately he responded in the morning and I was up and running before I went to work.

Waldohoover emailed me back in the afternoon. He was talking about my PSU and the configuration of the cables. I thought it was important that he was having a discussion with me about my parts I bought and not just boiler plating his response. Therefore I believe that if he was taking a little time to respond, he was giving his customers good treament.

I rate www.coiningsolutions.www 9/10 and I'm excited to be picking up my new Antminer S3 from them tomorrow!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GrandMasterB (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

Update:

I bought my 2nd S3 and met Waldohoover near where I live. First thing I noticed: Damn those shoes are red.
Everything went smoothly. Transaction was fast and we exchanged pleasantries.

It took me a while to get this one up and running due to my lack of Network knowledge. Waldohoover had offered assistance again but again, I declined. Missing a day of mining is a small price to pay for getting through the toughest part of a hobby on your own.

Both miners are operating at slightly above 445GH/s avg. I am not overclocking and I may plan to under-clock for noise purposes since I may store them in an office environment for discounted electricity. I am not so concerned with profitability as I'm doing this from a hobbyist and curiosity perspective Wink For that I am certainly happy to have found a good vendor to deal with.
promojo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:07:32 PM

Update:

I bought my 2nd S3 and met Waldohoover near where I live. First thing I noticed: Damn those shoes are red.
Everything went smoothly. Transaction was fast and we exchanged pleasantries.

It took me a while to get this one up and running due to my lack of Network knowledge. Waldohoover had offered assistance again but again, I declined. Missing a day of mining is a small price to pay for getting through the toughest part of a hobby on your own.

Both miners are operating at slightly above 445GH/s avg. I am not overclocking and I may plan to under-clock for noise purposes since I may store them in an office environment for discounted electricity. I am not so concerned with profitability as I'm doing this from a hobbyist and curiosity perspective Wink For that I am certainly happy to have found a good vendor to deal with.

Question for you.  They say you get roughly 441 GH/s with each S3 Antminer.   What would you say you earn today in BTC from each Antminer?   Obviously difficulty does rise over time but your baseline would be nice.

Thanks
GrandMasterB (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:59:53 PM

I seem to be floating around .028-.031 BTC per day. Even though I'm in a big pool Variance will always be an issue. Can't quit my day job over it but I'm pretty enthused Smiley
promojo

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

I seem to be floating around .028-.031 BTC per day. Even though I'm in a big pool Variance will always be an issue. Can't quit my day job over it but I'm pretty enthused Smiley

So - It looks like you are generating about a .80 of a bitcoin per month?   That is not bad for a $500 miner.   S3 Antminer looks like the best bang for the buck.  Would you agree?

GrandMasterB (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:22:10 PM

Well...i bought it lol. I was also looking at spondoolies SP30 but the small power draw makes the s3 more scaleable for a home/office operation.

*edit*

U can get s3s for under 500. Paid about 90 cents per gh. Spondoolies is about .75-.8? Longer wait time tho.
promojo

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:27:35 PM

Well...i bought it lol. I was also looking at spondoolies SP30 but the small power draw makes the s3 more scaleable for a home/office operation.

*edit*

U can get s3s for under 500. Paid about 90 cents per gh. Spondoolies is about .75-.8? Longer wait time tho.

You need to buy a PSU from a computer store to get these things operational - correct?   What sort of PSU and how many 4-pin cables does it take?

Thanks,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: