Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:26:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How high will the next bubble go?
8000$-10000$ - 35 (46.7%)
10000-14000$ - 8 (10.7%)
14000-16000$ - 1 (1.3%)
16000-18000$ - 2 (2.7%)
18000$-20000$ - 1 (1.3%)
20000$ and beyond! - 15 (20%)
7899$-7999$ -bearish outlook (new option!) - 13 (17.3%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will the next bubble go?  (Read 4936 times)
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:48:02 PM

I think it could honestly go as high as $900, crashing down shortly thereafter to around $650 - $700.

How on earth would that be a bubble? That would be nothing! It wouldn't even reach the previous All Time High! A bubble has to at least surpass that mark and go for at least twice the previous ATH, I'd say.
Yeah, exactly. I'm having a hard time thinking another bubble will happen. Maybe we'll just see slow cautious growth instead? Perhaps with many tiny bubble-lets as people get scared of even a small rise.

Hope I'm wrong, bubbles are certainly fun Cheesy

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:15:01 PM

Yeah, exactly. I'm having a hard time thinking another bubble will happen. Maybe we'll just see slow cautious growth instead? Perhaps with many tiny bubble-lets as people get scared of even a small rise.

But you are around since 2011! You've seen quite some bubbles in your Bitcoin time! The other bubbles weren't expected, either. And people didn't think the price could go up by that much ever again. Yet it did!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:35:57 PM

But you are around since 2011! You've seen quite some bubbles in your Bitcoin time! The other bubbles weren't expected, either. And people didn't think the price could go up by that much ever again. Yet it did!

You are right. He has seen bubbles in his Bitcoin time! The OP is thinking of a high price. Dreaming is good but it is much higher. I don't think the price will hit $1000 as the price isn't very stable and not increasing much. I am dreaming about $1000, start from small and end in high!
Kindly,
      MZ

BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:58:08 PM

You are right. He has seen bubbles in his Bitcoin time! The OP is thinking of a high price. Dreaming is good but it is much higher. I don't think the price will hit $1000 as the price isn't very stable and not increasing much. I am dreaming about $1000, start from small and end in high!
Kindly,
      MZ

A very good sentiment! Don't expect prices that are too high and don't get too greedy! But I also believe that we may see bubbles of a comparable size still, why shouldn't the next bubble be at least somewhat as big as the ones before?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:41:29 PM

lol you should add under 8000 also.
fonzie (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:50:43 PM

lol you should add under 8000 also.

Let´s stay realistic okay?

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:52:21 PM

who knows, all we know is that it will go up and it will eventually get burst..
xDan

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:55:41 PM

I dunno. There was far more mania then, I'm sure. So much good news for ages now, but nothing seems to effect the price. I think now we have to wait for utility to develop, and for people to be buying it for its usefulness. Which will happen! But perhaps at a more steady pace...

Or maybe we just need to hold this price a few more months so people can get comfortable that Bitcoin really isn't going anywhere and then the bubble will start. I look forward to seeing if the Winklevoss thing has an effect too.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:00:44 PM

I don't think that the next bubble's peak will be higher than 8000$, I'm expecting an all time high of 3000 or 4000 maximum.
umairsaleem010

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:01:52 PM

I doubt it will reach any of these.

2k max.

Octavius

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:03:56 PM

Bubbles come when you least expect them. You will be quickly disappointed if you expect this in the next days...
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:07:35 PM

Why does everyone around here talk about bubbles as if they are a good thing? You know all bubbles burst because they are unsustainable, right? I sincerly hope there is no bubble, ever. I do expect the value of Bitcoins to rise though.
xDan

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:07:49 PM

Looking at the one year chart is REALLY nice though. There is the spike, the drop, then a solid recovery.

Compare it to the April 2013 bubble, which is a tiny footnote to the 2013/2014 bubble. Imagine if that will be a footnote to the next bubble? Grin

It's fun to think about. Cool

Why does everyone around here talk about bubbles as if they are a good thing? You know all bubbles burst because they are unsustainable, right? I sincerly hope there is no bubble, ever. I do expect the value of Bitcoins to rise though.
They are exciting, that's why Cheesy

But yeah. It would indeed be better for the ecosystem overall if there weren't any.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:12:49 PM

Why does everyone around here talk about bubbles as if they are a good thing? You know all bubbles burst because they are unsustainable, right?

It's because this is the speculation sub-forum so many people here want wildly fluctuating prices to create day-trading opportunities.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

Why does everyone around here talk about bubbles as if they are a good thing? You know all bubbles burst because they are unsustainable, right?

It's because this is the speculation sub-forum so many people here want wildly fluctuating prices to create day-trading opportunities.

Oh yes, of course that does make a sort of sense. I was thinking ppl just wanted to see the price going up and hadn't quite grasped that it is perfectly possible to have very dramatic price rises without it being a bubble, but if its because people want to try to time the market on massive bubble swings then good luck to them - they'll need it.
thehappybtc

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:37:34 PM

My bet is 8000$, after the peak the value would drop in the 2000 / 3000 $ range.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:55:38 PM

BTC price is like a bubble. It dropped from ~$1000 to ~$400 like bubble bursts. As the above post, it is speculation, we have to dream how much the bubble goes whether the bubble bursts or not. Roll Eyes
Kindly,
       MZ

shockinglyugly

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:10:48 AM

I am hoping it will make it to at least 5k at the peak of the next bubble.
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:43:28 AM

Why is the lowest option $8000? I feel like the next bubble will be much smaller than that.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:31:06 AM

Probably around 4-5k. It's not the same as previous bubbles, much more fiat is needed to fuel it.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: