Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MNS]|Mantis|X11|PoW/PoS|MantisReward|MantisUI2.0|MantisChat  (Read 55973 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MantisCoin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:41:03 PM

It is really strong , now awaiting new website , Dev said today or tomorrow Cheesy but he is quick  Cool

Sorry guys for the slower reply. We have been working hard fixing some minor bugs pointed out on IRC with the new wallet and trying to get the new website finished!

No worries ,all is good the effect will be for sure amazing after revealing some of MantisWeb features  Cool

We hope you will like them too! We are now trying to I corporate our own block explorer/rich list and statistics into the main Mantis website as its a much requested feature Smiley
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

Any plans for mantisweb to have encypted msging? And is there a minimum amount of mns I have to hold to become a node runner and earn more interest?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
Meticulous7

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:44:27 PM

Why in gods name is everybody mining on the 3% fee pool when there are multiple pools with only 1%?!
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:45:40 PM

Any plans for mantisweb to have encypted msging? And is there a minimum amount of mns I have to hold to become a node runner and earn more interest?

At this stage there is no minimum requirements but we are thinking of implementing a change to the way extra interest is calculated.

Instead of just being uptime based we are thinking g of changing to an uptime + balance based equation.

So the longer your MantisWeb is up and the higher your balance = more interest.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:16:07 PM

I think that balance + uptime would prove to be an excellent idea. Running a node does require time and money. I would gladly run 10 nodes.if the minimum was say 1000 coins. But that would mean 10 static ip plus ddos protection. Also depending on the services provided, bandwidth might become an issue, resulting in a bigger capital investment to run a node.

You really need to reward your nodes. They will form the backbone of your network. Especially nodes that will transmit massive amounts of data from filesharing and streaming audio/video/webcam.

I dont see room for pikers. In order to bring big projects to light, you need serious capital and infrastructure. Look at DRK. If you want to run a masternode, its around 5K USD. Why should Mantis be any different?

I can see how mantis will be different from other platforms. I have put on a position on this project and will inject more capital as more positive information is revealed.
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:38:01 PM

I think that balance + uptime would prove to be an excellent idea. Running a node does require time and money. I would gladly run 10 nodes.if the minimum was say 1000 coins. But that would mean 10 static ip plus ddos protection. Also depending on the services provided, bandwidth might become an issue, resulting in a bigger capital investment to run a node.

You really need to reward your nodes. They will form the backbone of your network. Especially nodes that will transmit massive amounts of data from filesharing and streaming audio/video/webcam.

I dont see room for pikers. In order to bring big projects to light, you need serious capital and infrastructure. Look at DRK. If you want to run a masternode, its around 5K USD. Why should Mantis be any different?

I can see how mantis will be different from other platforms. I have put on a position on this project and will inject more capital as more positive information is revealed.

We agree that yes MantisWeb's will form the backbone for all services and should be rewarded as such.

Hence the increase in interest etc, we are still tweaking things and changing things to make it more suitable and beneficial to run one.

We have looked at a minimum balance option but don't want to lock people out that can't afford to purchase enough Mantis to run one. We haven't ruled out this option as of yet though.

We want to make running a MantisWeb beneficial thay everyone that can wants to run one and we will post more details and changes on how rewards will be calculated as soon as we have stopped fiddling with them.
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:40:20 AM

i like the idea of having a minimum amount of mantiscoin in order to run a node.

that way, those of us who have a lot of mantiscoin will have a lot more mantiscoin.  Grin

We are currently playing around with a few figures and are thinking of implementing a minimum balance required and working on a scale of rewards based on balance+uptime.
We understand running a MantisWeb costs time and money so we want the rewards to be worth the time and costs associated.

We want MantisWeb's to be something that everyone wants to run as that insures a healthy and diverse backbone to the network which our features are based upon.

Very soon we will release a document documenting the rewards and requirements of running a MantisWeb so please stay tuned!
milkyway

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:23:24 AM

Dev, i know you have a lot of things needs to be done, but are there any approximate ETA to mac wallet?
I need that beautiful UI 2.0 for the mac wallet, its too good. hahaha Cool

>>> multiwallet | POS 5% Annual [Anon NanoWallet™ technology] | encrypted communication | Inwallet trading <<<
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:03:48 AM

Dev, i know you have a lot of things needs to be done, but are there any approximate ETA to mac wallet?
I need that beautiful UI 2.0 for the mac wallet, its too good. hahaha Cool

Hi milkyway, as we do not currently have a Mac enviroment to build the wallet with we have outsourced it as a bounty and are awaiting reply with the new wallet. Sorry it is taking so long but should be ready soon!
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:45:31 AM

Hi guys!

Here is our current MantisReward system, please note figures are subject to change as we crunch some more numbers but to give you an idea of what we are going for. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome!

https://i.imgur.com/3Bo18Rt.png
suchnekky

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:58:30 AM

rather interesting! so what if i had 25k coins and an uptime of 4weeks, how many coins interest would i stand to receive?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:01:57 AM

rather interesting! so what if i had 25k coins and an uptime of 4weeks, how many coins interest would i stand to receive?

25K Mantis would be above max of 10% so you would get 10% + 4% for 4 weeks uptime. So in total 14% extra if that makes sense?
suchnekky

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:29:36 AM

Sweet yeah thats great that makes sense. Looking foward to this

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:36:17 AM

25K Mantis would be above max of 10% so you would get 10% + 4% for 4 weeks uptime. So in total 14% extra if that makes sense?

is the 14% on top of the standard 20% PoS that the coin earns from simple PoS mining?
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:38:53 AM

is the 14% on top of the standard 20% PoS that the coin earns from simple PoS mining?

Yes that is correct, so in that example total interest would be 34%
milkyway

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:43:00 AM

another quick and possibly noob question. uptime means letting your wallet be online (meaning to say that computer has to be on) and for balance rating and POS, it can happen by just opening your wallet sometimes? thanks in advance!

>>> multiwallet | POS 5% Annual [Anon NanoWallet™ technology] | encrypted communication | Inwallet trading <<<
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:57:03 AM

another quick and possibly noob question. uptime means letting your wallet be online (meaning to say that computer has to be on) and for balance rating and POS, it can happen by just opening your wallet sometimes? thanks in advance!

Hey milkyway, no worrys ask anything you want Smiley

Yes uptime means you wallet has to be continuously open and computer on. If you turn your computer off/shut wallet your increased interest resets back to 0.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:58:36 AM

You can mine PoS blocks the traditional way by running your client from time to time and earn the standard 20%.

If you decide to run a node, you would earn 20% + the bonus for running a node, depending on your balance + uptime.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:02:19 AM

i believe that the people running nodes should only be the ones earning interest on their balances. 20% is very generous for someone to just run a client every couple of days, while the nodes do all the heavy lifting.

Perhaps make regular client PoS less in terms of % and let nodes earn the lion's share, since it requires more capital commitment and therefore more risk for node operators.

something like 5% PoS for regular clients

20% + uptime bonus for nodes. Minimum balance 1000 MNS to run a  node.

just a thought.
MantisCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:06:29 AM

You can mine PoS blocks the traditional way by running your client from time to time and earn the standard 20%.

If you decide to run a node, you would earn 20% + the bonus for running a node, depending on your balance + uptime.

Thanks for that tokyoghetto! Spot on, exactly how it will work.

i believe that the people running nodes should only be the ones earning interest on their balances. 20% is very generous for someone to just run a client every couple of days, while the nodes do all the heavy lifting.

Perhaps make regular client PoS less in terms of % and let nodes earn the lion's share, since it requires more capital commitment and therefore more risk for node operators.

something like 5% PoS for regular clients

20% + uptime bonus for nodes. Minimum balance 1000 MNS to run a  node.

just a thought.

We are currently discussing this actually, and thinking about lowering normal staking % to make running MantisWeb's more beneficial overall.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: