Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 5880 times)
johnnyrocket

Activity: 123
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

Moderation powers can be removed if abused, so I don't see any reason why BCX couldn't be added since so few others are willing to step in and mod the alt currencies board.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:48:53 PM

Vast numbers of people hate you dude and where there's smoke there's fire. I am not really into altcoins but I would rather see MnW come back as a mod. Admit it, you just want to fuck over a bunch of people in the altcoin section as some sick form of entertainment. Here's the bad part about that idea: altcoin users exchange their mined shitcoins into Bitcoin and join the Bitcoin economy. Your bullshit is causing people to hate all crypto currencies including Bitcoin.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bitcoinexpress-have-him-arrested
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1023/why-did-bitcoinexpress-plan-a-51-attack-on-namecoin
https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=3112.0
http://www.likelyanswer.com/2531938/Bitcoinexpress
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/maxcoin-some-good-news-for-the-fanboys.311440/
http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,1351.msg8262.html?PHPSESSID=7b3bd0e9ad86480d8855345f828e67d5#msg8262
http://forum.auroracoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=567

Vast numbers of people hate me, so what?

I'm not looking to fuck over anyone. For someone that has been around as long as you have (almost two years according to your profile) I am amazed at how little you know about the forum moderation. The lower level mods cannot ban people and it is something I do not care about anyway. I just want to clean up the place by rearranging threads and killing spam.

There are no mods in the alt section and no one wants to do it. Threads that are reported in Alts are ignored. It is possible to not like someone or hate a specific coin and be fair. Most of the Global Mods here including Saltyspitoon have made their hatred of the ALt Section well known, but have been more than fair in moderation. I do believe that Badbear, Raoul Duke and Maged would select all and click delete on the whole forum if Theymos would allow it, but they are fair nonetheless.

Really I think I must have frightened you a little too hard in the past if you think I can single handedly make masses of people hate crypto and Bitcoin in general.

I don't really remember you, were you ever a coin dev?

~BCX~

No, I was never a coin dev. We talked a few times back in 2011. I was known as CornedBeefHash back then. I deleted my account and started over in 2012.

I don't get why you would want to be a mod. You aren't really known for your humanitarian efforts. The only thing you've ever volunteered to do is nuke a coin out of existence so why change now. Mods really do real work for little reward. What's your angle?

cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:54:53 PM

An activity requirment for ann threads and to post or even limiting posts would make more sense then having a moderator. The alt section has a lot of competition between its users and making someone from the userbase a mod would cause catastrophic damage.

1) Explain what you mean by competition between users?

2) All mods are from the user base.

~BCX~

1) people favoring different coins and trying to get coins their invested in to succeed.

2) not necessarily the alt section.

Sorry mate but you and operation shitcoins plans have once again been foiled by Cryptopaths the Crypto Knight.

Vast numbers of people hate you dude and where there's smoke there's fire. I am not really into altcoins but I would rather see MnW come back as a mod. Admit it, you just want to fuck over a bunch of people in the altcoin section as some sick form of entertainment. Here's the bad part about that idea: altcoin users exchange their mined shitcoins into Bitcoin and join the Bitcoin economy. Your bullshit is causing people to hate all crypto currencies including Bitcoin.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bitcoinexpress-have-him-arrested
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1023/why-did-bitcoinexpress-plan-a-51-attack-on-namecoin
https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=3112.0
http://www.likelyanswer.com/2531938/Bitcoinexpress
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/maxcoin-some-good-news-for-the-fanboys.311440/
http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,1351.msg8262.html?PHPSESSID=7b3bd0e9ad86480d8855345f828e67d5#msg8262
http://forum.auroracoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=567

Vast numbers of people hate me, so what?

I'm not looking to fuck over anyone. For someone that has been around as long as you have (almost two years according to your profile) I am amazed at how little you know about the forum moderation. The lower level mods cannot ban people and it is something I do not care about anyway. I just want to clean up the place by rearranging threads and killing spam.

There are no mods in the alt section and no one wants to do it. Threads that are reported in Alts are ignored. It is possible to not like someone or hate a specific coin and be fair. Most of the Global Mods here including Saltyspitoon have made their hatred of the ALt Section well known, but have been more than fair in moderation. I do believe that Badbear, Raoul Duke and Maged would select all and click delete on the whole forum if Theymos would allow it, but they are fair nonetheless.

Really I think I must have frightened you a little too hard in the past if you think I can single handedly make masses of people hate crypto and Bitcoin in general.

I don't really remember you, were you ever a coin dev?

~BCX~

No, I was never a coin dev. We talked a few times back in 2011. I was known as CornedBeefHash back then. I deleted my account and started over in 2012.

I don't get why you would want to be a mod. You aren't really known for your humanitarian efforts. The only thing you've ever volunteered to do is nuke a coin out of existence so why change now. Mods really do real work for little reward. What's your angle?

That's a good point QuestionAuthority, basically BitcoinExpress along with his teamates over at Operation Shitcoin Cleanout want to seize control in the alt coin section to destroy coins and promote coins that they favour. With BitcoinExpress becoming a mod this would give them an unfair advantage and the ability to greatly manipulate the market. That's his angle.

@BitcoinExpress:  Sorry mate but you and operation shitcoins plans have once again been foiled by Cryptopaths the Crypto Knight.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:58:11 AM

Just want to clean up the alt section as there is zero moderation taking place in there. If it had any moderation at all, I wouldn't even ask. A couple of the Global Mods have told me that Alts are basically ignored and reporting most threads is pointless. That's my only motivation. All this worry about BCX using mod status to screw someone over is stupid. Lower level mods can't ban anyone and besides it's not like Mod Status can't be removed. Another good reason is as Badbear can attest to, I have an eye for spammers, especially paid sig spammers.

Besides I can absolutely guarantee you that if I stepped one micron out of line I would be demoted instantly and more than likely perma banned. Wouldn't you like to see a moderated Alt Section?

~BCX~

@Cryptopath

Did you say something?

Im not seeing any different the alt section from othet sections.. in the annoucements im seeing hundreds of shitcoin new topics , and i think people try to promote their repective shitcoin by posting on its topic, so im not seeing any weird here.. why would you clean one topic and not other? This is a free market.. everyone can try to make their best of his shitcoin which at my point of view all alts outhere are useless..

But your "clean up" possition is like wanting to be mod of the speculation section to delete "falllling" topics.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:53:52 AM

Yeah, ok. Maybe you'll be a great and impartial mod. Even if you're a bad mod it's not like we haven't had a few of those over the years. Hey, maybe we can get Bitlane back and make you both mods. Wouldn't that be fun. lol

Just want to clean up the alt section as there is zero moderation taking place in there. If it had any moderation at all, I wouldn't even ask. A couple of the Global Mods have told me that Alts are basically ignored and reporting most threads is pointless. That's my only motivation. All this worry about BCX using mod status to screw someone over is stupid. Lower level mods can't ban anyone and besides it's not like Mod Status can't be removed. Another good reason is as Badbear can attest to, I have an eye for spammers, especially paid sig spammers.

Besides I can absolutely guarantee you that if I stepped one micron out of line I would be demoted instantly and more than likely perma banned. Wouldn't you like to see a moderated Alt Section?

~BCX~

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:17:39 AM

Yeah, ok. Maybe you'll be a great and impartial mod. Even if you're a bad mod it's not like we haven't had a few of those over the years. Hey, maybe we can get Bitlane back and make you both mods. Wouldn't that be fun. lol

Actually I think Bitlane would have made an excellent mod.

~BCX~

Oh, I really do too. We don't have any funny mods. He would have been a mod with a sense of humor. Back when you could really troll the box at BTC-e I would get into conversations with him that would have me laughing till I cried. I was JesusChrist in the troll box and he played off my username for a half an hour. There was this kid named Solomon or something that Bitlane dogged so bad I could picture him in my mind crying at a keyboard. LOL

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:32:31 PM

I think that's a lot of power to give to someone with vested interest in altcoins  Roll Eyes  It'll make a lot of people uncomfortable because it's hard to remain impartial when you're passionate about something.
The ideal moderator would be a hero/senior member of unquestionable integrity who's never dabbled in altcoins.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:03:39 PM

I think that's a lot of power to give to someone with vested interest in altcoins  Roll Eyes  It'll make a lot of people uncomfortable because it's hard to remain impartial when you're passionate about something.
The ideal moderator would be a hero/senior member of unquestionable integrity who's never dabbled in altcoins.
I have no vested interest in altcoins.  I am impartial because I know nothing about them at all.  I am not passionate about them at all.  I have my profile set to ingnore all altcoin related posts.  I never visit the altcoin subforum and never will.  I have never dabbled in altcoins and never will.

Make me the altcoin mod and I promise to never even read a single altcoin post.  I am the perfect candidate by your definition.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:28:15 PM

I think that's a lot of power to give to someone with vested interest in altcoins  Roll Eyes  It'll make a lot of people uncomfortable because it's hard to remain impartial when you're passionate about something.
I have no vested interest in altcoins.  I am impartial because I know nothing about them at all.  I am not passionate about them at all.  I have my profile set to ingnore all altcoin related posts.  I never visit the altcoin subforum and never will.  I have never dabbled in altcoins and never will.

Make me the altcoin mod and I promise to never even read a single altcoin post.  I am the perfect candidate by your definition.

I second BurtW nomination, he's the mod we need.

Seriously though ObscureBean made a good point making someone mod of a section they have such a huge stake in isn't very smart. And that's especially true for the alt coin section more then any other section.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:31:34 PM

You know, if theymos doesn't reply to this thread, there are alternative methods for getting his attention. Perhaps its time to re examine the supposed security fixes on the trust page.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:43:33 AM

You know, if theymos doesn't reply to this thread, there are alternative methods for getting his attention. Perhaps its time to re examine the supposed security fixes on the trust page.

How can you seriously think that "re-examining" security issues (sounds like you're suggesting to exploit them) would be a good way to convince theymos that you are trustworthy enough to be made a staff member?

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 05:05:19 AM

hmm..no you're not the perfect candidate. I think you missed the part where you'd then be a staff member and that moderating the altcoin section would then be your job.
If you don't read a single post then you're not really doing your job which means you're not really a member of unquestionable integrity.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:09:31 AM

How can you seriously think that "re-examining" security issues (sounds like you're suggesting to exploit them) would be a good way to convince theymos that you are trustworthy enough to be made a staff member?

I hadn't saw that he had replied here already.  That comment was innapropriate and i should not made it, so i apologize. Really, i'm just fired up about this whole situation that went down in Ferguson, MO, and vented that frustration in my post.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:26:55 AM

With all due respect, you don't even report posts, but you want to moderate that board. Seriously?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624427.msg7763245#msg7763245

approx. 0.14 good reports per day for all forum.

what is there to report though ?
also i thought you guys would get sick of too many reports too so i have always tried to avoid doing it if i can.. so i don't piss off staff LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:50:52 AM

I've had a clash or 2 with BCX in the past, but to be honest I'd trust him as a Mod. So his suggestion for moderating the Alt section I support (hell it can't get much worse).

agreed and i think an endorsement from kelsey is meaningful.. i am a kelsey fan Smiley

i doubt i have a vote on this but if i did i would say hell yeah let em do it !

when i commented on this topic earlier i was given a link to cryptopaths comment and i was flabbergasted and stunned he posted what he did on here.
and then never looked to see who the OP was (i assumed it was cryptopaths)

anyway i doubt they will Mod you BitcoinExpress.. your kind of similar in personality to me i think and i have been banned for trolling and spamming LOL
and i get called a troll if i criticize a coin so fast !

i think BCX is like me as in VERY logical and analytical minded.
like if either one of us seen a scam coin posted by our own mother we would go after her hard LOL
like what is.. is !
no need to sugar coat things.. play favorites etc.
Which is why i don't think he would give me any special treatment either.. he is fair and that means he would enforce rules on me fairly i think.

We got into it long ago about some well known controversy last year and in time and talking with him i seen his point of view.
And i think others should give him a fair shot too and don't write him off as a Troll or something.. he is pretty smart and honest i think !

I think the problem is guys trade and guys make coins that get criticized.. so what happens next ?
24/7 you get harassed to hell and back for being critical about a coin.. because other guys keep making them.
and these guys scream Troll and joust for control and credibility etc.. because it's worth money to them !
Bag holders loiter 24/7 waiting to pounce on anyone that dares say anything but ass kissing of their coin.
Either you like every coin posted or your a troll.

so yeah... no bloody surprise some guys don't like BCX or want him to be a mod LOL
i wonder why that is ? hmmmmm?

seems like Traders are ok with it but other guys pretending they don't make clone coins are NOT.
moot point because i just can't see it ever happening though.

FUD first & ask questions later™
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 12:13:19 PM

hmm..no you're not the perfect candidate. I think you missed the part where you'd then be a staff member and that moderating the altcoin section would then be your job.
If you don't read a single post then you're not really doing your job which means you're not really a member of unquestionable integrity.
sarcasm, look it up

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

~BCX~

WTF ever happened to Bitlane anyway? He's the one that pretty much toppled the first domino in Pirate's scheme.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

~BCX~

WTF ever happened to Bitlane anyway? He's the one that pretty much toppled the first domino in Pirate's scheme.

No clue, I was talking to him on three different forums and the trollbox at BTCe all the time then "poof" he never showed up anywhere again. Bitlane was very vocal against him all along (so was I as CornedBeefHash) but really Bryan Micon put the nail in Pirate's coffin with this bet thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102448.0

In order for you to win the wager:

Pirateat40, Bitcoinmax, and all BurtW-run Pirate Pass-Throughs bonds must pay all obligations in full by 9/1/2012 at 1:11am PST.  If any one account on any one site goes unpaid then I win the wager

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:37:07 PM

This post is hilarious considering op was/is a self proclaimed pump and dumper.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:10:04 AM

With all due respect, you don't even report posts, but you want to moderate that board. Seriously?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624427.msg7763245#msg7763245

approx. 0.14 good reports per day for all forum.

Try again, I have over 132 post reported in the forum with a 90% accuracy rating.

~BCX~

I have 100% accuracy... BOOOOYAAA!  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: