Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if you received 20 bitcoins?  (Read 9715 times)
Hiraga

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:05:32 AM

If they were meant for me I'd buy undervalued altcoins. Some have become way too cheap and it's value is not being recognized.
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:21:38 AM

This is a difficult one because so many people can accidentally send coins to others which were not meant for them in which case you using them could cause a problem. If I was not sure they were meant for me I would hold them safely until I could either trace the person that sent them or someone came to me saying they had accidentally sent them. If I knew they were for me I would more than likely invest in some kind of bitcoin business.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:33:26 AM

If it will not be a mistake i will keep it for my self and promote BTC with half of it Smiley
petersiddle98

Activity: 272

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?

Its more likely a scam, but if its not I will just keep it in my wallet until price went up to about 1000$...

Jacobit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

of course I would send it back .  Smiley
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:45:41 AM

Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?

I mine since jan 2014 ... and i haven't received any 25BTC that the network can generate.
 Cheesy always a dream to "receive" 20BTC from nowhere.

Mathematic network don't do this things per magic event.  Kiss

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:49:58 AM

I would send it back to the sending address, simple as that, no holding onto it to "find" the guy who owns them. If I don't own them then I cannot keep them.
heybigboy1

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:24:48 AM

What any smart man would, invest it/save it and profit out of it!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:35:55 PM

What a honest man would do: Send it back to the address even if you can't contact the person who sent it and get confirmation it was a mistake.

What a smart man would do: Invest it into a Bitcoin related business.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:36:52 PM

I would sell half for AUD.. put the remaining 80% in cold storage and other 20% in my every day wallet in case I wanted to buy myself a little present with BTC.

sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

6 BTC for my gaming rig
8 BTC for mining/cloudmining
and put 6 BTC on cold storage

I think some of us will spend the BTC & forget to return, because was too happy  Grin

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:45:40 PM

6 BTC for my gaming rig
8 BTC for mining/cloudmining
and put 6 BTC on cold storage

I think some of us will spend the BTC & forget to return, because was too happy  Grin

So the people who wouldn't even try to return it or get in contact are pretty much scammers right? that's how I see it you took someones money which is obviously a mistake.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:13:25 PM

Well, very easy question Smiley
I will buy a great vacation trip for me and my wife, maybe visit China, Tibet, Kenya (safari) etc.
Part of money I will keep because I expect that bitcoin will raise in value in coming years but surely that part of it I will spend for great vacation!

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MakeBelieve

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:16:44 PM

I'm quite shocked by the amount of people who wouldn't return it and would just use it for themselves.

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:30:03 PM

I guess I'd be really really happy and put them in a safe paper wallet first. Getting hold of so much money makes you kind of prone to do stupid decisions like gamble them away, buy stuff you really don't need or be careless. I think I'd sleep it over a couple of days first, at least!!!

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:31:08 PM

If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:31:38 PM

I would have demanded to satoshi why he gave that much BTC now, not a month ago to when I need very much btc. : D
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:38:17 PM

If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Hahah, did you invest in him? That story was incredible, wasn't it? I mean it was money he raised from freaking investors, for crying out loud!!! It's one thing to gamble away your own money, but the money from people who trusted you with their money.... Never!

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:51:46 PM

I would try and return the funds to the sender.

In fact this did happen to me once. An upstart business called BitSpend (remember them?) erroneously refunded me twice to the sum of 12 BTC. I sent it back to them, but in retrospect maybe I should have just kept it because they were out of business no more than a few weeks later.

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:11:33 PM

I would try and return the funds to the sender.

In fact this did happen to me once. An upstart business called BitSpend (remember them?) erroneously refunded me twice to the sum of 12 BTC. I sent it back to them, but in retrospect maybe I should have just kept it because they were out of business no more than a few weeks later.

Hindsight is a bitch, but good for you for sending it back. Most people are very scruple when it comes to money.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: