Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 [872] 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:57:06 PM

Interesting discuss with Vitalik in the comments here, other, especially those with a technical background may want to weigh in:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-burst-makes-smart-contracts-reality-happened-ethereum/

And fyi, happy to post for anyone who wants to post anonymously...  just send me a PM with your post.
I tried to read it, but I got lost in the quotations and who said what... what is the summary of comments about BURST?

Supporters of other coins saying what they WILL have VS what BURST CURRENTLY HAS, and their blowing hot air.

They're upset that BURST has beaten them without the 15 million budget.

There are also people saying that Hard drives are not as power efficient as ASICs when mining... which blows my mind that anyone would say that. I run ASICs and hard drives, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that ASICs take a SHITLOAD more power to produce the same amount of coins.

nothing more to say, i agree with you 100% man, if people dont want to see it then people are just blind.

i start to ask to myselft when people with start to notice it, that day burst will grow up like hell more than is doing right now Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:12:16 AM

Interesting discuss with Vitalik in the comments here, other, especially those with a technical background may want to weigh in:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-burst-makes-smart-contracts-reality-happened-ethereum/

And fyi, happy to post for anyone who wants to post anonymously...  just send me a PM with your post.
I tried to read it, but I got lost in the quotations and who said what... what is the summary of comments about BURST?

Supporters of other coins saying what they WILL have VS what BURST CURRENTLY HAS, and their blowing hot air.

They're upset that BURST has beaten them without the 15 million budget.

There are also people saying that Hard drives are not as power efficient as ASICs when mining... which blows my mind that anyone would say that. I run ASICs and hard drives, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that ASICs take a SHITLOAD more power to produce the same amount of coins.

nothing more to say, i agree with you 100% man, if people dont want to see it then people are just blind.

i start to ask to myself when people with start to notice it, that day burst will grow up like hell more than is doing right now Wink

Am with you on that. When I was running my  asics I was eating into $12 or more a day on energy. Right now am not even using $2  a day with  1 PC running 24 hours a day maybe $2 to $3 at most when I am gaming and then some but to be honest so far pulled in almost 0.5BTC in a few months of mining with next to no difference in energy use.

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/energy-cost-calculator.htm

Even running 20 HDD is on system as an example would only use about 520w per day = $1.4976 based on 12cent kWh/day So for someone to say its more expensive to run multipul hdds compaird to asics is BS

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:36:07 AM

Hey everyone, I'm using Uray's Burst miner for Windows and I need some help forcing the miner to use my Wifi connection's IP instead of using my Ethernet. Does anybody know what type modification does the .Conf file would require to make program connect to internet through my Wifi card and not through wired Ethernet? Reason for that is that I'm using a VPN with my Ethernet and I want the miner not having to go through the VPN, instead I want it to use my Wifi connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

This seems to be Windows issue, but I'm curious that how to you surf net with Wifi connection while your Ethernet connection still on? As long as you have Ethernet connection on, Windows will use Ethernet instead of Wifi.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:39:17 AM

Hey everyone, I'm using Uray's Burst miner for Windows and I need some help forcing the miner to use my Wifi connection's IP instead of using my Ethernet. Does anybody know what type modification does the .Conf file would require to make program connect to internet through my Wifi card and not through wired Ethernet? Reason for that is that I'm using a VPN with my Ethernet and I want the miner not having to go through the VPN, instead I want it to use my Wifi connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

This seems to be Windows issue, but I'm curious that how to you surf net with Wifi connection while your Ethernet connection still on? As long as you have Ethernet connection on, Windows will use Ethernet instead of Wifi.

I use ForceBindIP for most of my programs and I force them to use my Wifi instead of my Ethernet card, and works perfectly.
FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:48:54 AM

I'm not concerned with the electricity comment. Vitalik is correct, marginal rate of return will equalize towards marginal revenue, however, this in it self isn't good or bad for burst, it's the same for all commodities in the world (including crypto currencies) etc... what it means is that if input costs are high (electricity) then presumably price should be higher to recoup those costs (obvious if you ask me). so one could state that btc should be more expensive than burst cause one of the cost components (electricity) is used in different proportions (more of it). it's a simplistic explanation and again, this particular comment, is not an indicator of anything concerning either way since all coins follow it (or should in the long run).

what I'm most interested in, are the other comments, particularly the issues or concerns, weaknesses etc... reading those, I had a hard time following what was a comment and who's response and what it was to a comment. this should be openly discussed and not dismissed, if it's just dismissed then folks can label burst a cult or something like that.  also, please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, this isn't a negative tone towards burst at all, on the contrary, I'm very much interested in seeing burst get discussed, vetted and understood so that it's adoption can speed up.  hope all this makes sense. thanks!!
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:27:40 AM

what I'm most interested in, are the other comments, particularly the issues or concerns, weaknesses etc... reading those, I had a hard time following what was a comment and who's response and what it was to a comment. this should be openly discussed and not dismissed, if it's just dismissed then folks can label burst a cult or something like that.  also, please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, this isn't a negative tone towards burst at all, on the contrary, I'm very much interested in seeing burst get discussed, vetted and understood so that it's adoption can speed up.  hope all this makes sense. thanks!!

His first post is about "nothing at stake" which is a weakness for all non-PoW systems including PoS and burst's PoC. This has previous been acknowledged as applying to burst.

His second post is criticizing a feature of Nxt which is not in burst. I tend to agree with him that it's a bad idea, so I don't expect to be putting that in burst anyway.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:50:22 AM

POC2

If someone mentioned it already, point me to it. What you just did is PoW with variable time/space tradeoff as used in cryptanalysis and password crackers. In current PoC, the split ratio it permanently fixed, disfavouring PoW heavily. It's been actually discussed few years ago in #bitcoin as PoW alternative. For each bit of nonce storage shaved off, the readout can brute force it in a time-space tradeoff. Assuming we get 2^22 of 32bit nonces in a scoop number/1TB readout where we hash 2^22 times to get 2^22 candidate deadlines, we could store 2^22 31bit nonces, and hash 2^23 times during a readout... with 1Gh/s GPU you can get rid of 10 bits or so. Yes, it's a logarithmic relation, but profitable to PoW up to a point (1/3 split PoW/Poc). The problem is that one needs more and more faster PoW as PoC gets larger, potentially up to 50/50 split of the tradeoff (when using ASICs for the POW part).

Ironically, this solves your point 1, as POC2 is capped by PoW requirement introduced.

Bottomline, plotting will be very slow using groestl as it is. Forget about slowing it down even more with that PoW during plotting, the throughput is not up for it. Salsa kernel or even siphash (1GByte/s) could bring it to speeds of current plotting, with 6-8 zero bits plot-PoW (1GByte/s & 8 bit pow -> 4MByte/s). Ideally, this step can be avoided altogether, and just use large totalscoops instead, though it brings engineering difficulties to make memory usage during plotting sane.

I hadn't thought of that with the pow/poc tradeoff for saving space. I'll keep that in mind.

Most testing I've done has been using a target that 50% of nonces make it through, and I have been finding throughput to be a major issue. I'm not giving up on groestl yet, but I'll take a look at those if I can't get performance to an acceptable level. In the most recent version the sorting thread can't keep up with a 7970 hashing, so I expect there'll be a significant speedup by refactoring that.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
larraboj

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:28:35 AM

I use ForceBindIP for most of my programs and I force them to use my Wifi instead of my Ethernet card, and works perfectly.

why?
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:30:09 AM

Hey everyone, I'm using Uray's Burst miner for Windows and I need some help forcing the miner to use my Wifi connection's IP instead of using my Ethernet. Does anybody know what type modification does the .Conf file would require to make program connect to internet through my Wifi card and not through wired Ethernet? Reason for that is that I'm using a VPN with my Ethernet and I want the miner not having to go through the VPN, instead I want it to use my Wifi connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

why?

Because I have a corporate VPN with my Ethernet card, and don't want my employer to have full monitoring of my internet access.

Also the fact that the VPN does not allow internet access to Burst miner.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:22:43 PM

I seem to be having an issue with the lotteries, when I go to http://localhost:8125/atlotteries.html it gives me file missing error, but the file is clearly there. What is it that I'm not doing correctly Huh

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
vbcs

Activity: 137

AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:33:58 PM

I seem to be having an issue with the lotteries, when I go to http://localhost:8125/atlotteries.html it gives me file missing error, but the file is clearly there. What is it that I'm not doing correctly Huh

Is the .hrml located under html/ui ?? Also are you using localhost or 127.0.0.1 to browse the burst wallet? If you are using 127.0.0.1 you probably need to download the other version.

1ELCU3hahFLMPPqsoHS2Mg2Rqjya6VXjAW
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:54:48 PM

Is the .hrml located under html/ui ?? Also are you using localhost or 127.0.0.1 to browse the burst wallet? If you are using 127.0.0.1 you probably need to download the other version.

lol. I'm an idiot. Thanks!

I had it in the wrong folder, must have overlooked that part.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:59:52 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 06:28:54 AM by mmmaybe

A nagging but condensed and "clickable", shorter post from the PR Team:

* Crowdfunding on the blockchain is coming up SOON: But what case should we do...? IMMINENT INPUT NEEDED!

* LAST CHANCE: Try both a Smart Contract AND get a chance to win the lottery with LuckyAT! 1st now at 95,070 BURSTs, and coins will be distributed after Block 62281 (are now at 61192!)

* Sorry for nagging, but the PR Team is still understaffed - We Want You!

* To keep up with what's happening with BURST's, consider joining our Twitter!

* Our Devs are preparing the first ever Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer (ACCT) - it will be launched after we done the Crowdfunding case. Read about ACCT on AT's inventor's CIYAM's homepage for information of ACCTs

* Follow the heated discussions after CryptoCoinsNews' article - see the bottom of the page!

* BURST's official homepage is now not only offering download of the latest BURST Wallet, but also an updated version of the blockchain folder for faster downloads! NOTE: only use this option if you are having problem downloading the blockchain from your peers!

* We want to improve the existing guides to lower the mining questions - money is offered for contributers! Click the link for further information.

* After Irontiga's great work, you can now join BURST's brand new Newsletter! Click for more info.

And of course further news will follow Smiley

***EDIT: added a point and changed another
***EDIT2: added a new point

lagur

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:25:35 PM

Can I use my atom cpu + 2GB to mine some plotted TB SATA hdds?

Thanks
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:01:45 PM

Thanks

Don't see why not, atom is a pretty regular x86 cpu, should work with all the miners without tweaks.

You probably will need some optimizations to your setup to achieve decent read times, depending on total size of your plots.
Additionally with 2gb of ram I think it would be more prudent to set it all up on linux

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
lagur

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:34:24 PM

Thanks

Don't see why not, atom is a pretty regular x86 cpu, should work with all the miners without tweaks.

You probably will need some optimizations to your setup to achieve decent read times, depending on total size of your plots.
Additionally with 2gb of ram I think it would be more prudent to set it all up on linux

Thanks, I was worried if cpu speed if somehow a big factor in hash speed and I guess the same with ram?

Just planning to use my windows home server for burst mining.
xizmax

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:48:54 PM

Thanks

Thanks, I was worried if cpu speed if somehow a big factor in hash speed and I guess the same with ram?

Just planning to use my windows home server for burst mining.

I cannot commit in advance to saying you won't run into issues. However, I encourage you to try in setting it up. Should you run into any snags, that's what this forum and burstforum.com are for Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
mczarnek

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:50:13 PM

All very nice, thanks mmmaybe!  Would be nice to get that email list going and send out short updates like this.

Regarding the download of the blockchain.. on the one hand I like it, on the other... does that defeat the decentralization of the network?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:05:26 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 08:30:24 PM by mmmaybe

We have noticed that a lot more people are able to answer mining questions now than before - that's nice Smiley But ideally we'd not have any questions if the guides were good enough.

We would like to update crowetic's guide but have little time doing so. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ytq47AmQZ1rzjoFuMW33c82JkuJ1L61Pdp95ZLbi3-k/

So here's an offer: if you feel like you could improve the text, email burst@countermail.com, include your BTT nick and some links to answers you've given in the thread or at BurstForum.com, and I'll give editing rights on the document. If you contribute constructively to the guide, I will send at least 5000 BURST to you as a token of appreciation. If you do a lot of quality work, the payment will be considerably higher.

We want the best possible guide Smiley

If not a minimum of three people email their interest and are considered qualified, I'll make it open for all to edit but will not pay anyone.

The same conditions applies to TetraHect0rCannabinol's linux guide found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg8299637#msg8299637 It will also be on google docs.

Thanks!

***EDIT: this is cross-posted at BurstForum, and the post here will be deleted eventually trying to move of the activetly to BurstForum.com, as there are much better possibilities at that forum to separate topics and questions.
***EDIT2: If you have try to email already I'm sorry, but I've corrected the email address now: burst@countermail.com and nothing else.

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:13:10 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 07:50:14 PM by mmmaybe

All very nice, thanks mmmaybe!  Would be nice to get that email list going and send out short updates like this.

Regarding the download of the blockchain.. on the one hand I like it, on the other... does that defeat the decentralization of the network?

It's absolutely a problem for decentralization; the download of the DB is considered an help for those having problem and not every one should use. The difference with having it on a Torrent, as some has before, we will monitor the number the downloads: if they become too many, we will stop updating it or completely remove it.

I edited the post to make this point clear.

The email list is being worked on by Irontiga (I, unfortunately, had some rare requests..., and that made the implementation more complicated). But I think is soon is ready for the public Smiley

***EDIT

Pages: « 1 ... 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 [872] 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: