Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 [920] 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:07:34 PM

Just pointing out what I'm seeing here and what I've been doing.

I can't see how anyone can steal your deadlines as:
  • they are calculated using your accountID and nonce (and that block info)
  • rewards are sent to your account's reward-recipient as recorded in the blockchain

Most pools won't let you connect, or submit nonces, if your reward recipient isn't set to that pool.

I do find your terminology confusing, e.g. "my deadlines are much lower now then they were when I mined solo".
You should get the same ballpark deadlines, regardless of pool or solo mining, they definitely shouldn't be much lower if you switch.
Lower deadlines are good though, right?

Which version of Blago's miner are you using?
Also, which pool are you using?

I've not seen any issues with Blago's miner on http://burst.ninja/ pool so maybe the issue is with the pool?

Aye, you should have the same deadlines relatively speaking solo and pool mining... right? But that's not what was happening.

Well I suppose that if bensam sent Blago his passphrase that Blago could've changed reward recipient to him. However, I presume that bensam was still receiving coins, so that would mean that Blago had to have set up a private pool to pay bensam something. Seems like too much of a hassle to me, not to mention that I believe Blago would've informed Bensam about his mistake (if bensam sent him the passphrase), and not exploited his passphrase for anything.

Tldr, I think you bensam are safe and just had weird coincidences.

However, if your skepticism gets the best of you change your account and replot.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to check my reward recipient a few days ago, it was still set to me. There is no way for the miner to send the verified chunk to someone else? If all it looks for is a specific hash, instead of submitting it to your wallet, it could send it to a different wallet. If the miner finds it and the hashing is already done, it already has all the information, unless I'm not understanding this properly. This is no different then a man in the middle attack.

In that case he wouldn't even need access to my wallet, he'd just need some way of locating me on the net. Replotting actually wouldn't change anything if this is the case as it has nothing to do with the wallet.

Blago made the miner and knows exactly how it works, it's possible for him to intercept the information that goes through it. Unfortunately there aren't many other options available in terms of miners. Maybe I'll try Urays later tonight and hop on his pool.

Perhaps it is just a set of weird coincidences, but the BTC community has definitely made me very paranoid as stuff like this isn't rare or far fetched. The GPU forums were full of miner devs that felt entitled to anything that went through their programs. There are some good ones, but that isn't all of them by any means.

I have 240Tb in plot files, and doing solo.
Look at my chart:
http://burstcoin.eu/address/chart/forged-blocks/3000267896029333778

Can you see periods I get 3-4 blocks/day ?
Mind that 240 is 4 times MORE than 55Tb.

It is a matter of luck.

Yes, that's why I gave it a week, it evens out over time, as do all stats. According to the calc I should have made 3x as many coins as I did. The week before I made 1.15x the amount I should have. There is variance in all stats, but this much variation points at something else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:00:39 PM

Actually, I sent also log to Blago at the very beginning of burst mining.
And I am not ok with "luck" I have mining burst.

Considering to re-plot also my hdds also I considered to use different addr for each server.
You just made me paranoid more than usually I am.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:01:23 PM

Just pointing out what I'm seeing here and what I've been doing.

I can't see how anyone can steal your deadlines as:
  • they are calculated using your accountID and nonce (and that block info)
  • rewards are sent to your account's reward-recipient as recorded in the blockchain

Most pools won't let you connect, or submit nonces, if your reward recipient isn't set to that pool.

I do find your terminology confusing, e.g. "my deadlines are much lower now then they were when I mined solo".
You should get the same ballpark deadlines, regardless of pool or solo mining, they definitely shouldn't be much lower if you switch.
Lower deadlines are good though, right?

Which version of Blago's miner are you using?
Also, which pool are you using?

I've not seen any issues with Blago's miner on http://burst.ninja/ pool so maybe the issue is with the pool?

Aye, you should have the same deadlines relatively speaking solo and pool mining... right? But that's not what was happening.

No, you won't get the same deadlines relatively speaking, you will actually get the same exact deadlines. Whether you are solo or pool mining has no impact at all on what number are used and what work is done, the only differences are what key the block needs to be signed with, and which account receives the reward.

Well I suppose that if bensam sent Blago his passphrase that Blago could've changed reward recipient to him. However, I presume that bensam was still receiving coins, so that would mean that Blago had to have set up a private pool to pay bensam something. Seems like too much of a hassle to me, not to mention that I believe Blago would've informed Bensam about his mistake (if bensam sent him the passphrase), and not exploited his passphrase for anything.

Tldr, I think you bensam are safe and just had weird coincidences.

However, if your skepticism gets the best of you change your account and replot.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to check my reward recipient a few days ago, it was still set to me. There is no way for the miner to send the verified chunk to someone else? If all it looks for is a specific hash, instead of submitting it to your wallet, it could send it to a different wallet. If the miner finds it and the hashing is already done, it already has all the information, unless I'm not understanding this properly. This is no different then a man in the middle attack.

In that case he wouldn't even need access to my wallet, he'd just need some way of locating me on the net. Replotting actually wouldn't change anything if this is the case as it has nothing to do with the wallet.

Blago made the miner and knows exactly how it works, it's possible for him to intercept the information that goes through it. Unfortunately there aren't many other options available in terms of miners. Maybe I'll try Urays later tonight and hop on his pool.

Perhaps it is just a set of weird coincidences, but the BTC community has definitely made me very paranoid as stuff like this isn't rare or far fetched. The GPU forums were full of miner devs that felt entitled to anything that went through their programs. There are some good ones, but that isn't all of them by any means.

The PoC verification hashes your account id and nonce from the block and uses that when calculating/checking your deadline. If someone tried to swap out the account id it'd result in a completely different hash and therefore a completely different deadline. Only the account id in the block's reward recipient can receive the block reward.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
Blago

Activity: 416

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:18:59 PM

Considering to re-plot also my hdds also I considered to use different addr for each server.

And I am have bad "luck".  Grin

I must replot all my plots?

http://burstcoin.eu/address/17930413153828766298
21.5 Tb

paranoics everywhere
 Grin

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
fastBeast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:26:58 PM

And I am have bad "luck".  Grin

I must replot all my plots?

http://burstcoin.eu/address/17930413153828766298
21.5 Tb

paranoics everywhere
 Grin

hi blago!!!

i think burst plotting,
it is the real Achilles heel...
maybee with the introduction of POC2 we can short this step!!!

i think to plot 24tb (6X4TB) with a i7 4770,
you will need al least 6 days!!!!

FakeAccount

Activity: 248

I'm not real

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:03:47 PM

<snip>

no its not!

I think several folks posting here are not quite well versed in how math, blockchains, crypto, mining etc... all work in relationship to one another.

we have folks who don't understand  what variance is ("luck" in laymens terms) and freak out and start saying things that border on slander and unfounded accusations.  albeit, I can concede that lack of knowledge (aka ignorance) easily explains their behavior.

on the non-heel issue comment: if plotting took 10 seconds, it would mean that more hashing power can quickly come online and you then need to hash 10 seconds times 1000 iterations (1000 drives for ex)  to get to a hashing level that can produce burst.   everything here is goverened by an algo that is well known and you can't speed something up without the algo adjusting to keep things running at a defined "pace"

Merick

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:11:39 PM

I think a lot of people are used to POW algorithm variance levels.  Have a look at the Bitcoin or Litecoin difficulty charts over time, they are fairly stable.  Now look at the Burstcoin difficulty a.k.a network size charts over time.  Burst varies significantly more, we could spend 2 days mining at 14PB network size and then 1 day at 8PB.  This cycle is very repeatable.  I would also guess that it correlates very nicely with the days that people solve many blocks and the days that people only solve a few blocks.

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:16:00 PM

Nice to see some sensible answers here.

We have a week of stats, and we have eternity. Go figure variance.

Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:18:19 PM

<snip>

no its not!

I think several folks posting here are not quite well versed in how math, blockchains, crypto, mining etc... all work in relationship to one another.

we have folks who don't understand  what variance is ("luck" in laymens terms) and freak out and start saying things that border on slander and unfounded accusations.  albeit, I can concede that lack of knowledge (aka ignorance) easily explains their behavior.

on the non-heel issue comment: if plotting took 10 seconds, it would mean that more hashing power can quickly come online and you then need to hash 10 seconds times 1000 iterations (1000 drives for ex)  to get to a hashing level that can produce burst.   everything here is goverened by an algo that is well known and you can't speed something up without the algo adjusting to keep things running at a defined "pace"

Fast plotting puts POC mining out of the game in a second.

FakeAccount

I'm not real

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:24:58 PM

<snip>

no its not!

no it doesn't, faster plotting would increase the size of the network very quickly in short term, but more plots would be created, negating the faster plotting.

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:31:06 PM

<snip>

no its not!

no it doesn't, faster plotting would increase the size of the network very quickly in short term, but more plots would be created, negating the faster plotting.

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

If 1Tb is plotted in 10 sec (theoretically), with CPU or GPU, whatever, that will lead to issue that capacity is pointless.
In time of 4 mins, that will be 24Tb of hdd simulated on 1 other device, cpu/gpu whatever.
One cpu/gpu costs far far less than 6x4Tb hdd drives.
So, when "issue" of plotting is solved, in this type of mining, complete idea will be history. That won't be BURST as we know it.

Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:35:16 PM

@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:36:15 PM

<snip>

no its not!

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

If 1Tb is plotted in 10 sec (theoretically), with CPU or GPU, whatever, that will lead to issue that capacity is pointless.
In time of 4 mins, that will be 24Tb of hdd simulated on 1 other device, cpu/gpu whatever.
So, when "issue" of plotting is solved, in this type of mining, complete idea will be history. That won't be BURST as we know it.

Don't hold your breath waiting for fictional stories to come true.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
FakeAccount

I'm not real

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:37:10 PM

<snip>

no its not!

2*2 = 4

.002 * 2000 = 4

I'm pretty sure I remember that OP has addressed this question on this very thread previously.  Look it up.

what you are saying is different from just speeding up plotting to a disk.  you are discussing simulating POC on the fly (some kind of an ASIC for burst)
FakeAccount

I'm not real

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:38:46 PM

@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

what would the I/O throughput need to be on your hardware to write 1 Pb in 24 hrs?  let's see if you can answer this.
Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:13:09 PM

@FakeAccount

what would the I/O throughput need to be on your hardware to write 1 Pb in 24 hrs?  let's see if you can answer this.

This actually is not a tricky at all.
2 hdd of 4 Tb on single machine and 3 x 280x cards are capable of doing job in 12-14 hrs depending on hdd speed.
I have 80+ machines, so lets say, it is 2 x 2 x 4Tb in a day on single machine = 80 x 2 x 2 x 4Tb = 1280Tb/day

I am a burst lover, and in burst from almost beginning of the story, last thing I need is FUD and troll here, I am not doing that.
Just cant get what is your point with these "are you acting a wise guy" thing.

Burst is a good story and devs are still doing great job. So far, no need for big changes.
And as a believer, I got a quiet descent amount of bursts on poloniex at these silly low prices.

Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:15:48 PM

I have to go to server area and will take some pics...  It is always a mess but Sad that's how I do it, one man army.

MamaGoose

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:45:33 PM

@FakeAccount

I think 250 i7 4770 are enough

4tb/day with latest cpu plotter...

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:50:10 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962409.0

(my attempt at gaining some awareness of what AT is providing)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:04:54 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 11:06:29 PM by haitch

Press Release: For Immediate Release 2015-02-19

BURST’s Stunning Progress: Crowdfunding as a Turing-complete Smart Contract

The PR, now being sent to several hundred crypto sites and enthusiast, is found here http://burstcoin.info/pr/cf/

Please, also check out the most impressive starting guide ever written. Title: Getting Started Guide. Author: Merick for BURST. Link: http://burstcoin.info/d/pdf/wallet_v1.2.pdf. .

Nice guide but where is the installation starting guide ? Where you must install java, modify path, start the wallet and then , finally, start your Web browser to open the wallet ?

It's where people give up.

Good comment, didn't think about that - I got a feeling that merick will publish a new version, as he is very active Smiley

I'll add it soon.  I was seeing a lot of questions and frustration about initializing the wallet when I started this.  I was hoping that a generic bat file would be released to get rid of the path modifications.  Once that happens the process will be down to a two line readme.txt.  1.) Click run.bat 2.) Click the Wallet shortcut.

Either way, I will add starter page for fixing the bat file until the universal one makes it into the wild.

This should work as a generic bat for Windows 7+. Not sure about XP though. And it makes it a 1 line readme - click run.bat

Code:
@echo off
echo Checking Path only
for %%f in (java.exe) do if exist %%~$path:f  (
  echo Java found at: %%~$path:f
  start "BURST" %%~$path:f -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
  goto startbrowser
  ) else (
  echo Not found in Path, Searching full C drive
  for /F "tokens=*" %%f in ('where /F /R C:\ java.exe') do (
    echo Java found at: %%f
    start "BURST" %%f -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
    goto startbrowser
    )
  )
echo No Java Found on this Computer
goto done
:startbrowser
    timeout /T 30
    start http://localhost:8125
:done

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Pages: « 1 ... 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 [920] 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: