Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 [926] 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170585 times)
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:39:16 AM

Nice comment , I follow BURST and XMG as well , they have real idea , algo , and value and at the right moment the market will explode Smiley

Cool~~ same to me, I like both BURST and XMG  Grin

I'd be a little wary of XMG.. I don't see how they actually achieve ASIC resistance in any sort of way that can last.  If they get to BTC size.. you can totally start mining with ASICs.  Just can't start them up all at once or have them mine to the same address if you have a big ASIC farm/pool... but does that really stop them?  idk.. I don't buy it.  And since they are using Proof of Stake.. they have the same blockchain trimming problem.  I'm convinced it's impossible to trim the Proof of Stake blockchain with nearly the same level of trust and compression you can get from POC or POW.

Burst is still my favorite coin by far.  More energy efficient as well.. it can mine in the background and doesn't need your CPU constantly running at full power 24/7 to mine either.

Change XMG to XMR for the win Smiley

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:45:06 AM

Would it be possible for anyone to create an AT that allows automated sports betting by using a results API from ESPN? Would of been awesome to of bet BURST on the outcome of the superbowl. I would of lost though  Grin

Here's the problem.. maybe not unsolvable and would be curious to hear your thoughts.  How can you get in the decentralized results into the blockchain in a trustless manner?  Or would you prefer to trust a message coming from a specific address, such as ESPN?

Not saying it's impossible.. but it becomes a tricky problem.

My thought is that maybe you could pay miners to pull in the data and use a decentralized feed, that operates similar to the decentralized timestamps.  Probably could even all pull from the same feed.  Would need to allow miners to say that they don't want to participate though or you could have bigger problems.

Great idea!! Just wish I was knowledgeable enough to know how to make it work!

mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 01:01:16 AM

FYI.

I've been quite active in this thread, many would prolly say too active (including myself Wink ) But due to severe health issues, I've to concentrate more on other things for the time being. I could make this too long a post again (as I already done too many times), but three things needs to be said: 1) We have 17 other members in the "teams", not three or five. 17 dedicated members; 2) I'm quite big holder of burst but no sell-order will be mine, and 3) for as long it is possible, I'll hang around here in this thread and at btt - even make a post or two Smiley

BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:21:02 AM

Would it be possible for anyone to create an AT that allows automated sports betting by using a results API from ESPN? Would of been awesome to of bet BURST on the outcome of the superbowl. I would of lost though  Grin

Here's the problem.. maybe not unsolvable and would be curious to hear your thoughts.  How can you get in the decentralized results into the blockchain in a trustless manner?  Or would you prefer to trust a message coming from a specific address, such as ESPN?

My thought is that maybe you could pay miners to pull in the data and use a decentralized feed, that operates similar to the decentralized timestamps.  Probably could even all pull from the same feed.  Would need to allow miners to say that they don't want to participate though or you could have bigger problems.
I'm no expert nor a programmer so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

I don't believe it's necessary that the information source used to decide the outcome of the bet be decentralised, only trusted. To make a bet, both parties would have to agree on an information source to decide the outcome of the bet, or for extra security 2 or 3 information sources that would all have to agree on the outcome.
Theoretically, the trusted information source, say ESPN could get in on the bet and alter the published outcome so they win, but the trust they would lose would be worth much more than any amount of money they could win in a single bet. Also using more than one information source would minimize this possibility forward.

The only crucial component that must be trustless and decentralised is the actual entity holding and sending the money to the winner (ie an AT in the blockchain).
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:19:28 AM

My thought is that maybe you could pay miners to pull in the data and use a decentralized feed, that operates similar to the decentralized timestamps.  Probably could even all pull from the same feed.  Would need to allow miners to say that they don't want to participate though or you could have bigger problems.
I'm no expert nor a programmer so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

I don't believe it's necessary that the information source used to decide the outcome of the bet be decentralised, only trusted. To make a bet, both parties would have to agree on an information source to decide the outcome of the bet, or for extra security 2 or 3 information sources that would all have to agree on the outcome.
Theoretically, the trusted information source, say ESPN could get in on the bet and alter the published outcome so they win, but the trust they would lose would be worth much more than any amount of money they could win in a single bet. Also using more than one information source would minimize this possibility forward.

The only crucial component that must be trustless and decentralised is the actual entity holding and sending the money to the winner (ie an AT in the blockchain).

At for that is impossible. It can not get data from a website. Perhaps a voting system to declare who won is possible, using PoS, but that will not go well, as big holders can do a big bet and then they have more burst so have a higher voting power
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:29:04 AM

Noticed something funny on my new computer.  I have a few external hdd's plugged in via usb 3.0, and I get the following errors with Blago's miner:

Note: I've only seen these come up when I'm running my cpu and/or gpu for mining other coins.  Any ideas?  Can't be a resource problem, cuz I use to run cpu miner and Burst miner on my laptop, which only had 16gb RAM.

Edit: Running Windows 8.1 if it matters.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:14:44 AM

Noticed something funny on my new computer.  I have a few external hdd's plugged in via usb 3.0, and I get the following errors with Blago's miner:
<snip>

Note: I've only seen these come up when I'm running my cpu and/or gpu for mining other coins.  Any ideas?  Can't be a resource problem, cuz I use to run cpu miner and Burst miner on my laptop, which only had 16gb RAM.

USB bus issues. if your CPU is running 100% for something else, I think the USB bus gets hammered. I know this from experience with bitcoin mining Smiley
anoneo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:48:37 AM

Noob here. I successfully joined the pool and (I believe) I am mining (sseing

Some things are still unclear for me though.
We plot (maybe using the fastest GPU way) and then we mine (using our CPU). So what's is the most important thing, to plot like crazy as many blocks (plots?) we can or mine then as fast as we can and then download a block?
Also, how do I know when my block (plot?) is entirely mined?

To be clear here I'm not mining to get rich or something. Just for fun and who knows in the future BURST rules... So I am using for starting a 500GB USB 3.0 HD and a intel core i3 3rd gen. What is the amount of space in order to mining not be useless? Does it make difference using USB 3.0 or SATA?

How do I calculate (approx.) my earnings?

Finally, Is there a way to track my earnings in a pool? Or is it a "sit and wait" until I get paid.

Thanks!

Alright, have a v2 pool running at http://178.62.39.204:8121/
The v1 pool will be converted to v2 in a day or 2, but setting up the migration would have delayed this release, and only running that one on v2 could result in a dangerously high portion of network hashrate on one pool, so it's better to split it for now anyway.

Usage:

You will need the pocminer_pool posted previously when the v1 pool was launched: https://mega.co.nz/#!7hwHQJLZ!-waC7CwWeMStkdAwjEVbew1fN_YqeZDRWMWfCylaNPo
Reward reassignment has not been integrated into the wallet gui yet, however an extra html page was included in the 1.0.3 release that you can use. http://localhost:8125/rewardassignment.html
Below where it says set reward recipient, fill in your passphrase, and put the pool's burst- address where it says recipient, and submit. This will have a fee of 1 Burst. It should come up with a page of a bunch of details you won't care about if everything is good.
Once the transaction is in a valid block + 3 confirms, you should be able to use the pool. You can check the users list on the pool to make sure that your numerical account id is there(your generate address)
Edit the pool's ip/port into the run_mine file for pocminer_pool.
Rename or move your passphrases.txt file, since pocminer_pool will try to solo instead if it sees a correct passphrase for those plots.

Starting target deadline is 75k
PPLNS
When your balance hits 500 burst you get paid.

All users who have not upgraded to 1.0.3 are now on a bad fork

V2 Pool allows you to mine with your solo plots. You do NOT have to regenerate plots if you have solo plots. v1 pool users can keep mining without doing anything. the v1 -> v2 migration for v1 pool users will be transparent to them, and not require them to do anything.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:26:29 AM

<snip>

USB bus issues. if your CPU is running 100% for something else, I think the USB bus gets hammered. I know this from experience with bitcoin mining Smiley

That's what I figured at first too...but then I lowered the thread count to 12 from 10.  I mean, it's an i7-5930k, 2 cores @3.5+ ghz should be plenty to run 5 drives.  Good idea tho

seasonw

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:26:19 AM

<snip>

That's what I figured at first too...but then I lowered the thread count to 12 from 10.  I mean, it's an i7-5930k, 2 cores @3.5+ ghz should be plenty to run 5 drives.  Good idea tho

Yes, I think most probably is your USB bus issue as FakeAccount mentioned. I did mine with burst miner and cpuminer on i7-2600, but I limit cpuminer to 3 threads maximum without problem.
seasonw

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:34:57 AM

Noob here. I successfully joined the pool and (I believe) I am mining (sseing

Some things are still unclear for me though.
We plot (maybe using the fastest GPU way) and then we mine (using our CPU). So what's is the most important thing, to plot like crazy as many blocks (plots?) we can or mine then as fast as we can and then download a block?
Also, how do I know when my block (plot?) is entirely mined?

To be clear here I'm not mining to get rich or something. Just for fun and who knows in the future BURST rules... So I am using for starting a 500GB USB 3.0 HD and a intel core i3 3rd gen. What is the amount of space in order to mining not be useless? Does it make difference using USB 3.0 or SATA?

How do I calculate (approx.) my earnings?

Finally, Is there a way to track my earnings in a pool? Or is it a "sit and wait" until I get paid.

Thanks!

Alright, have a v2 pool running at http://178.62.39.204:8121/
The v1 pool will be converted to v2 in a day or 2, but setting up the migration would have delayed this release, and only running that one on v2 could result in a dangerously high portion of network hashrate on one pool, so it's better to split it for now anyway.

Usage:

You will need the pocminer_pool posted previously when the v1 pool was launched: https://mega.co.nz/#!7hwHQJLZ!-waC7CwWeMStkdAwjEVbew1fN_YqeZDRWMWfCylaNPo
Reward reassignment has not been integrated into the wallet gui yet, however an extra html page was included in the 1.0.3 release that you can use. http://localhost:8125/rewardassignment.html
Below where it says set reward recipient, fill in your passphrase, and put the pool's burst- address where it says recipient, and submit. This will have a fee of 1 Burst. It should come up with a page of a bunch of details you won't care about if everything is good.
Once the transaction is in a valid block + 3 confirms, you should be able to use the pool. You can check the users list on the pool to make sure that your numerical account id is there(your generate address)
Edit the pool's ip/port into the run_mine file for pocminer_pool.
Rename or move your passphrases.txt file, since pocminer_pool will try to solo instead if it sees a correct passphrase for those plots.

Starting target deadline is 75k
PPLNS
When your balance hits 500 burst you get paid.

All users who have not upgraded to 1.0.3 are now on a bad fork

V2 Pool allows you to mine with your solo plots. You do NOT have to regenerate plots if you have solo plots. v1 pool users can keep mining without doing anything. the v1 -> v2 migration for v1 pool users will be transparent to them, and not require them to do anything.

Calculator at http://burstcoin.eu/calculator

Don't worry, USB 3.0 is not a problem~~
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:38:56 AM

Now at 33% funded. I still need your help!

Please futher support my new crowdfund project:
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx

Update and News:
Hopeing, that my CF Project above will get fully fundet, I just bougt the Domainname burstcoin.de from the current owner for 142 Euros.
Now i´m looking for a hoster and i think within two weeks the website will bei up and running with content.

Please support my CF, it need some additional support from the community to become a success.

Thanks!!!!

IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:24:02 AM

<snip>

Yes, I think most probably is your USB bus issue as FakeAccount mentioned. I did mine with burst miner and cpuminer on i7-2600, but I limit cpuminer to 3 threads maximum without problem.

Wow, really? Ok, hmmm, well I'll drop it down 6/12 threads and see what happens.  Maybe I'll also try only running gpu miner and see if that triggers it.  I'll post back with results Smiley

Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:25:43 AM

Now at 33% funded. I still need your help!

Please futher support my new crowdfund project:
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx

Update and News:
Hopeing, that my CF Project above will get fully fundet, I just bougt the Domainname burstcoin.de from the current owner for 142 Euros.
Now i´m looking for a hoster and i think within two weeks the website will bei up and running with content.

Please support my CF, it need some additional support from the community to become a success.

Thanks!!!!

We use a jiffy box (domain factory) with success.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:27:25 AM

Curiously, what happens when you mine on a pool without setting the reward recipient to the pool? The pool doesn't credit you, but you still use their wallet to mine with?
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:01:25 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 09:08:14 AM by bensam123

Does anyone know how to make Blagos miner 'error out' faster on fast blocks? When a fastblock happens and if the previous mine hasn't completed, the miner will just sit there anywhere from 0-30 seconds playing with itself before it realizes it should move on. I've been watching this happen like clockwork over the past week or so, precious mine time is lost on the new block. If there are two fast blocks in a row, it may be even skip the middle one completely.

This can't be fixed from the user end?

Did not observe such problems. You can pm to me screenshot and log file when this happens?

Not sure how to take pictures of this. Sometimes the miner will just 'stop' mining when a new block happens, occasionally it will start immediately on the new block, but usually it'll just sit there for a little bit. Sometimes it'll spit out some 'fast block or corrupt file. When this happens the % will sometimes sit there after it moves onto a new block, other times there wont be a percentage or a readout (where there normally is) when the new block starts).

Even when it moves onto the next block without displaying the 'fastblock or corrupt file' message and the percentage just freezes, it wont always move on right away to the next block.

From what I've seen it doesn't transition smoothly. This 'transition' isn't consistent. I can watch two different computers mine and even if both get stuck because of a fast block, one sometimes moves on a lot faster (sometimes immediately) compared to the other.

Stopped at Fast block for fastblock but waited 2 minutes:

Stopped at 15% but still waited 1min45s:

Update on this, it appears as though this only happens when I solo mine or use a Uray pool. When I use the dev pool this hasn't happened.

Another update on this. When a fast block happens, it looks as though the miner still tries to complete the mine instead of erroring out and moving onto the next block. How long the miner takes to completely error out is approximately the amount of time left in the original mine. The miner still operates at 100% CPU utilization and still accesses the HD even though it no longer submits deadlines and anything it submits is pointless at that point.

Also, does anyone have a more in depth break down of block times anywhere? The only one I know of is on burstcoin.eu, but that has relatively little in the way of analytics on that specific part.

http://burstcoin.eu/charts/average-block-generation-time
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:46:21 AM

Please help and pledge to create this Online Course for Burstmining.
The course will be free.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:38:37 PM

I get similar messages when all my RAM gets used up! Check how much free RAM you have whilst running other programs, Blago's miner uses lots but not sure how much it uses when run with win 8.

Mergesort

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:49:08 PM

What the hell is wrong with burst.ninja? It's been 24 hours now and no payout and yes i know payout minimum is higher but i got 4TB("~capacity" shows 1,5 tb whatever that means) mining with no payout for far too long. On other pools i got 500-1k burst per day so there should have been a payout already. Because of the hiccups i switched pool for a while and my earnings where 5 times higher, now i come back hoping for some improvement and i get nothing. This is fucking suspicious. If i ever get a payout i will be gone for sure.
Blago

Activity: 416

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:27:28 PM

[miner]

new version Burst-miner v1.150223
http://www.dropbox.com/s/9p6p5mxfjvfcspx/miner-burst-1.150223.zip?dl=0

+ Added memory cleaning.
   After reading all plots, miner clears the cache Windows

+ Added an option to disable the log.
   "UseLog" : false,
   (by default - true)

+ Added an option to process files with non-matching filesize / filename
  "SkipBadPlots" : false
   (by default - true)

src: https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
Pages: « 1 ... 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 [926] 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: