Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:41:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:45:47 PM

And someone just added a extra 5PB to the network? I don't think it's people just plotting out excess storage... ROI is up to two years now... I can only fathom someone found out a way to mine over cloud storage easily... or someone figured out how to mine without plotting.

I think it's some other factor that it causing these big fluctuations in the network. If a person did have access to a vast amount of data storage surely they would bring it online 10,50 or even 100TB at a time?
There was a guy in this thread with access to a lot of cloud space and processors six hours a day. Maybe he is done with the setting script and his burst mining operation is now fully functional.

from the specs he gave the plotting speed needs to be 800 MB/s to fill 16 TB / node in 6 hrs, which yields 8 TB mean per node.
Oh, plus mining concurrently with up to 70 MB/s for 1/4 of the time, ramping up from the beginning. Well, at least the stagger would be nice with ~60 GiB RAM. Oh, and I guess you need a handful of wallets to serve thousand miner instances, or did anyone notice funny numbers on the pools ?

I doubt you get a free trial with these compute- and io-capabilities, a thousand of those, repeatedly ? hmm..

Nonetheless, what a funky homework assignment !

nicely summed up vaxman.
i suggested him to run a small "wallet farm" and forgot he could simply limit the submitted deadlines to reduce the wallet compute load for verification.
the stagger should be no issue since this is ssd storage.
i never used the cloud myself but maybe he is able to rent the storage and can connect the 6h miners/plotters to it.
last time i have checked the cloud options it was'nt such expensive for large storage amounts simply because you pay for io cycles in combination with transfered volumes. if the stagger is high and on cloud plotted onto a connected permanent storage by the 6h machines with big staggers the read cycles should be reduced to only 8-32 io ops for 16tb each block depending on plotsizes.
i am not aware of their tos but if they do an audit (and i am sure they do for such loads) there will be a huge invoice for the compute nodes because the use is for sure against their tos.
but who knows....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:56:54 PM

from the specs he gave the plotting speed needs to be 800 MB/s to fill 16 TB / node in 6 hrs, which yields 8 TB mean per node.
Oh, plus mining concurrently with up to 70 MB/s for 1/4 of the time, ramping up from the beginning. Well, at least the stagger would be nice with ~60 GiB RAM. Oh, and I guess you need a handful of wallets to serve thousand miner instances, or did anyone notice funny numbers on the pools ?

I doubt you get a free trial with these compute- and io-capabilities, a thousand of those, repeatedly ? hmm..

nicely summed up vaxman.
i suggested him to run a small "wallet farm" and forgot he could simply limit the submitted deadlines to reduce the wallet compute load for verification.
i never used the cloud myself but maybe he is able to rent the storage and can connect the 6h miners/plotters to it.
last time i have checked the cloud options it was'nt such expensive for large storage amounts simply because you pay for io cycles in combination with transfered volumes. if the stagger is high and on cloud plotted onto a connected permanent storage by the 6h machines with big staggers the read cycles should be reduced to only 8-32 io ops for 16tb each block depending on plotsizes.
i am not aware of their tos but if they do an audit (and i am sure they do for such loads) there will be a huge invoice for the compute nodes because the use is for sure against their tos.
but who knows....

hmm..per TB you need to scan 90 GB/day for mining, with a bandwith of ~4 MB/s if you want to finish <60s, duty cycle is 0.25 then.
If you scale this to a PB, you have 4 GB/s bandwith. Bytes, not Bits. Easy between racks, rather expensive between sites.
Just like the 90 TB traffic/day. Oops.

Mining at this scale needs to be close to the storage, preferably directly connected, obviously.
dcct

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:46:42 PM

The various sites quoting network size use very small block-ranges for averaging, not very helpful IMO due to their spikey-ness.

Good point. My calculator now uses 360 block average:

https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:56:47 AM

Superminer enough to give you a BURST Hardon heh heh

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze-storage-pod-4/

Complete with parts lists and how to build it. Better have a lot of free cash though Smiley

Here was the old version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfkN7x-AfA

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:10:34 AM

And someone just added a extra 5PB to the network? I don't think it's people just plotting out excess storage... ROI is up to two years now... I can only fathom someone found out a way to mine over cloud storage easily... or someone figured out how to mine without plotting.

I think it's some other factor that it causing these big fluctuations in the network. If a person did have access to a vast amount of data storage surely they would bring it online 10,50 or even 100TB at a time?

Just wanna say it must not be some odd thing. I, literally, just happened to get access to +2pb some time ago. Will not comment on how.

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:17:06 AM

Just wanna say it must not be some odd thing. I, literally, just happened to get access to +2pb some time ago. Will not comment on how.

Of which you're gonna donate 500TB to ByteEnterprises' Cloud project! lol. jk.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:29:13 AM

Was thinking the whole thing, just you got the shipment settled.

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:32:14 AM

nicely summed up vaxman.
but who knows....

hmm..per TB you need to scan 90 GB/day for mining, with a bandwith of ~4 MB/s if you want to finish <60s, duty cycle is 0.25 then.
If you scale this to a PB, you have 4 GB/s bandwith. Bytes, not Bits. Easy between racks, rather expensive between sites.
Just like the 90 TB traffic/day. Oops.

Mining at this scale needs to be close to the storage, preferably directly connected, obviously.

Whatever it is, but I think some big players must work out a way to mine big and dump burst price at poloniex these few days~~ Sad
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:06:18 AM

PM incoming my brother!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mczarnek

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:26:50 AM

Any developers who've built the source code in windows?  Finding it tricky.. the win-compile.sh is simply exactly the compile.sh, which is doesn't work because it's windows.. not linux and changing the name of the file doesn't magically make it work.

Anyone have experience with javac in bat files?  Or Ant or Maven?

Thanks.

I agree with CIYAM.. we should change that "-" to something that can be copied on double-click. Decided to play with the code and figured out how to switch it over to "_" which happens to be copyable.  Here try double clicking what will become my new wallet address:  BURST_SYYS_QMGR_BCYN_BVQ2A

Everyone approve?  We will of course have to give blockchain explorers a chance to make that same tweak.

Note for now, in my build either the "_" or the "-" is able to be input and verified as correct.. at least in theory once I can build the code.

Again, anyone able to help get the code to the point where we can run a .bat file and have the code be built.. maybe after another evening or two of playing with it I can get it working.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mczarnek

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:46:08 AM

Whatever it is, but I think some big players must work out a way to mine big and dump burst price at poloniex these few days~~ Sad

You think people are going to start dumping burst?  And therefore you'll be able to buy in even cheaper?  Why the frowny face?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:15:58 AM

I agree with CIYAM.. we should change that "-" to something that can be copied on double-click. Decided to play with the code and figured out how to switch it over to "_" which happens to be copyable.  Here try double clicking what will become my new wallet address:  BURST_SYYS_QMGR_BCYN_BVQ2A

Except underscores don't select the whole thing when double clicking either.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:51:39 AM

Except underscores don't select the whole thing when double clicking either.

Yup - I would recommend something like this:

BURSTxSYYSxQMGRxBCYNxBVQ2A

(doesn't look beautiful but at least works everywhere for selection)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:43:56 AM

Update and News: www.burstcoin.de

>> New Feature German Poolmining Guide now available.
------
Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community. 220k to go in the Crowfund. Please do some donations!!!!
[/quote]
pist0la

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:46:31 AM

Is it possible to change the password to an address? I will be moving soon and would like to sell my HDDs, cables, sata to usb adapters, several usb 3.0 7-port hubs, etc. Basically selling everything you need to mine. I would love to sell the plotted drives so it is truly plug and play for the buyer, changing the password to my address would be helpful. If it's not possible I would destroy the password from my records, it's a very long string of random characters I would never be able to remember again.

If the password cannot be changed, is it possible to implement this feature into BURST?

Anyone interested? $45/TB including shipping for pre-plotted drives, more than enough cables, adapters, hubs for the setup. Roughly 120 TB worth of drives, mostly seagate barracudas. Save yourself months of plotting by taking over my burst address.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:59:23 AM

$45/TB?

woaw... I should be putting together and selling Burst miners instead of mining...

Curiously why would you donate mining equipment to another miner? From what I understand he's making his mining operation seem like a 'business', only he pays share holders, but still takes in all the profits above what he pays to share holders. You're literally paying someone else to get rich. You could just mine yourself instead.

Bobafett at least is stating he's not planning to sell any Burst he makes (although he doesn't say in his asset contract BTW). That would take it off the market and raise the value of Burst.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
ticote

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:16:20 AM

Is it possible to change the password to an address? I will be moving soon and would like to sell my HDDs, cables, sata to usb adapters, several usb 3.0 7-port hubs, etc. Basically selling everything you need to mine. I would love to sell the plotted drives so it is truly plug and play for the buyer, changing the password to my address would be helpful. If it's not possible I would destroy the password from my records, it's a very long string of random characters I would never be able to remember again.

If the password cannot be changed, is it possible to implement this feature into BURST?

Anyone interested? $45/TB including shipping for pre-plotted drives, more than enough cables, adapters, hubs for the setup. Roughly 120 TB worth of drives, mostly seagate barracudas. Save yourself months of plotting by taking over my burst address.

Is there any reason for going out of BURST?

bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:42:50 AM

if you thought you will be a millionair within a month, burst is not the coin  Grin
Kartojal

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:01:56 AM

Create a new account, and give all BURST to that address, simple Smiley

xizmax

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:43:18 AM

Create a new account, and give all BURST to that address, simple Smiley

Not so simple for the prospective buyer as the buyer cannot be sure pist0la destroyed the pass and the buyer is the only one to have access to the account.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Pages: « 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: