Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
CryptoSurfer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:38:55 PM

Is anyone also getting the error "Error reading file: ......" when using mklink to another drive ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:40:03 PM

Is anyone also getting the error "Error reading file: ......" when using mklink to another drive ?

the only time I get that is when I am using plot files that are still being generated or plot files that didnt finish the entire generation process.
CryptoSurfer

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:41:51 PM

the only time I get that is when I am using plot files that are still being generated or plot files that didnt finish the entire generation process.

In this case both plots are still being generated but the only error is from the file on the other disk.
Weird.
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:43:16 PM

In this case both plots are still being generated but the only error is from the file on the other disk.
Weird.

On the one I am generating now it doesnt always say error when its being generated. But when it does its always on a plot that is incomplete (being generated or never finished)
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:47:44 PM

my experience is that only mklink /h (hardlink) would work, but u can not use that on differnt drives ... (i know i have posted that before, cause i thought it would work) so on windows i found no other solution than running one miner instance on every drive! that will work! every drive will commit its own found deadlines for the same address!

@burstcoin: you are AWESOME!
@Wulfcastle: Thx for all that work, its so GOOD looking :-)

bouth of you should publish a burst address, so that we can donate!
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:49:13 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 10:09:09 PM by BChydro

Hey everyone

Some of you may know me as the person behind the new Burst UI. I've also gone ahead and decided to redesign the Burst OP. I've decided to put emphasis on the stand-out features of Burst. Let me know what you think Smiley

[OP REMOVED]

Just bumping this to the new page.
That's some awesome work. What's your burst account ID? You deserve some compensation.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:51:09 PM

So, I am having a random issue and I am not sure why...

Every once in a while on my server machine, one of the instances that is on my G drive (miner instance) crashes out. Just closes. I don't know why it is doing this. It is only on that one drive, the other miner on the other drive is fine, and the miner on the mapped drive on the same server, mapped to my desktop is fine too. It's only the G drive miner, and randomly...

Any Ideas or suggestions on how to get it to stop? Thanks!

I think my question got overlooked, can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!

Is it just the miner that stops or is it a plot generation too?

Try adding the word pause on a line after everything else on your bat file

java -Xmxblah blah blah blah
pause

When it dies it will pause the command prompt and ask you to press a button to shut down. This way you can see what the error is that is killing the process.

Once you get that it is much easier to help diagnose the problem.

Edit:

I am assuming your on windows.

Yea, I have already added pause to it, and am awaiting the next time it crashes out.... It is only the miner, and only 1 of the 2 miners running on the system. The one on the other drive never crashes. Very strange. The plot generation is fine on both drives.

bad sectors of your HDD?

I really don't think so... well, I guess, at least I hope not... This drive, as with almost all of the drives/components in the system in question, are almost brand new WD NAS drives. Do you think that bad sectors would cause only the MINER to crash and not the PLOTTER? It would seem to me that it would be the other way around, but I've been known to be wrong before! hehe.

How is your NAS attached ?

I think you may have misunderstood, or I may have used the wrong context... The drives are NAS drives, but they are physically inside the server, connected like any other drive with SATA and power. Just regular drives, the RED drives from WD, intended for NAS use.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:56:12 PM

my experience is that only mklink /h (hardlink) would work, but u can not use that on differnt drives ... (i know i have posted that before, cause i thought it would work) so on windows i found no other solution than running one miner instance on every drive! that will work! every drive will commit its own found deadlines for the same address!

I am using Windows 8 storage spaces which seems to work well. You can thin provision it as well.  Multiple drives can appear as a single logical drive. When you create the storage space it asks for the max, I put in 63TB (looks like that is the most it would take) so you can just keep adding drives to the pool to expand without worrying about the headaches of sym links.  It is working fine, finding blocks and appears fast enough. (I am using multiple USB3 hard drives)
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

If that is the case then we really need the error that shows up before the command prompt shuts down. So waiting for the "pause" to catch it is probably the next step.
CryptoSurfer

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:59:42 PM

Every once in a while on my server machine, one of the instances that is on my G drive (miner instance) crashes out. Just closes. I don't know why it is doing this. It is only on that one drive, the other miner on the other drive is fine, and the miner on the mapped drive on the same server, mapped to my desktop is fine too. It's only the G drive miner, and randomly...

pause

When it dies it will pause the command prompt and ask you to press a button to shut down. This way you can see what the error is that is killing the process.

Edit:

Yea, I have already added pause to it, and am awaiting the next time it crashes out.... It is only the miner, and only 1 of the 2 miners running on the system. The one on the other drive never crashes. Very strange. The plot generation is fine on both drives.

bad sectors of your HDD?

I really don't think so... well, I guess, at least I hope not... This drive, as with almost all of the drives/components in the system in question, are almost brand new WD NAS drives. Do you think that bad sectors would cause only the MINER to crash and not the PLOTTER? It would seem to me that it would be the other way around, but I've been known to be wrong before! hehe.

I think you may have misunderstood, or I may have used the wrong context... The drives are NAS drives, but they are physically inside the server, connected like any other drive with SATA and power. Just regular drives, the RED drives from WD, intended for NAS use.

This makes it hard to say what is causing the crash.
We need the error or check the windows event viewer for anything suspicious.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:09:44 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

Yea, I know it's difficult, usually I could tell what the issue was right away, but in this case, I'm simply not sure. This server has virtual machines running on it, DNS server, VPN, FTP, HTTP, etc etc, so it's got a ton going on... If you know of something in particular that may help you help me narrow it down, anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

So far it hasn't crashed since I added pause to the batch... so hopefully it just won't anymore, but it happened at least 8 times, so I don't think it will magically disappear.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

Yea, I know it's difficult, usually I could tell what the issue was right away, but in this case, I'm simply not sure. This server has virtual machines running on it, DNS server, VPN, FTP, HTTP, etc etc, so it's got a ton going on... If you know of something in particular that may help you help me narrow it down, anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

So far it hasn't crashed since I added pause to the batch... so hopefully it just won't anymore, but it happened at least 8 times, so I don't think it will magically disappear.

Have you glanced through the event viewer log?
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:11:49 PM

I am using Windows 8 storage spaces which seems to work well. You can thin provision it as well.  Multiple drives can appear as a single logical drive. When you create the storage space it asks for the max, I put in 63TB (looks like that is the most it would take) so you can just keep adding drives to the pool to expand without worrying about the headaches of sym links.  It is working fine, finding blocks and appears fast enough. (I am using multiple USB3 hard drives)

yes, thats true (good point!), if you combine multiple drives to one big drive you have no problem ... but can windows handle it, if one of this drives fails ... will i lose all my plots?! anyway ... too late for me right now :-) but all others with same problem now have 2 options :-)
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:14:28 PM

This is a really decent idea. I may have to try this later.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:15:14 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

Not at this point. But what exactly would I be looking for. There is so much there that it would take a very long time to look through without knowing a general idea of what I am looking for.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:15:32 PM

yes, thats true (good point!), if you combine multiple drives to one big drive you have no problem ... but can windows handle it, if one of this drives fails ... will i lose all my plots?! anyway ... too late for me right now :-) but all others with same problem now have 2 options :-)

This strategy reminds me of dynamic disks in windows server. there was always some random issue with those that made it a bad idea to use that way. But maybe the found a way to stabilize it in windows 8. Haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out.
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:17:59 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

Not at this point. But what exactly would I be looking for. There is so much there that it would take a very long time to look through without knowing a general idea of what I am looking for.

Start with the application logs. It will probably be Java related.

Event logs are your best friend when you need to diagnose a windows issue. Its a good idea to just dive on and see if you can start to understand what problems are occurring. Then you can google the error codes and event ID's and get answers for the problem.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:25:18 PM

Alright, I have hammered down pricing and the backend infrastructure for a hosted Burstcoin mining solution.

Here's the pricing:
0.06BTC gets you one month mining with one terabyte (after formatting you get a full terabyte). Each subsequent month is 0.03BTC. The initial high cost is to account for generation, which requires significant computational resources. I have no idea about profitability, and it is far too early in this coin's life to predict anything. For now, of course, generating and mining with a plot will require your private key to be held on the remote server, so the smartest method would be that I give you the public address that is being mined to, and twice daily I empty the mining address to an address of your choice (in this way you can see the mining occurring publicly, and twice daily all mined balances are secured in an address only you have access to).

This service would also work well with pooled mining upon release. Discounts are available for larger orders, with 10TB+ being priced at 0.055BTC/TB, and 20TB+ being priced at 0.05BTC/TB. I have 3TB ready to go live (as a bundle, as the plots are made for one address), and can put extra Terabytes up in a timely manner.

Each server is based on 4TB hard drives, which when formatted result in 3.6TB of space I can sell.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:25:32 PM

This strategy reminds me of dynamic disks in windows server. there was always some random issue with those that made it a bad idea to use that way. But maybe the found a way to stabilize it in windows 8. Haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out.
never heard of windows storage space but may it be a simple timeout due to systemload?
never tried running the mining on windows due to the 2tb volume size limit but it sounds like microsoft has broken this with their new storage space technology.
if the drives are attached by usb3 may it be a cable issue? i had struggled some time ago with a 28 port usb3 hub. some attached devices have frozen the whole bus and forced a port reset by the driver resulting in loosing all devices.
it was one of the cables which broke everything...
if you have the plots on the failing drive already generated try to plug it into a usb2 port. the performance should be enough to parse 8tb plotdata within 4 minutes.

burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:31:10 PM

How much ram do you have? If you're running too many jvms with not enough ram on windows, sometimes windows pops a box asking you to close something, then if you don't it auto-kills something. I have a comp with 4G ram running 2 miners that tends to kill 1 miner on occasion, and on another comp my wallet seems to have gotten auto-killed about when I left for work today, causing me to lose about 9-10 hours of mining time.

Best suggestion if lack of ram is the case is lower the -Xmx values, or add ram.

This can also be triggered by scheduled services starting up, which increase ram usage, so check the scheduler if anything is set to run.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: