Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170586 times)
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:37:52 PM

So, I am having a random issue and I am not sure why...

Every once in a while on my server machine, one of the instances that is on my G drive (miner instance) crashes out. Just closes. I don't know why it is doing this. It is only on that one drive, the other miner on the other drive is fine, and the miner on the mapped drive on the same server, mapped to my desktop is fine too. It's only the G drive miner, and randomly...

Any Ideas or suggestions on how to get it to stop? Thanks!

I think my question got overlooked, can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!
How much ram do you have? If you're running too many jvms with not enough ram on windows, sometimes windows pops a box asking you to close something, then if you don't it auto-kills something. I have a comp with 4G ram running 2 miners that tends to kill 1 miner on occasion, and on another comp my wallet seems to have gotten auto-killed about when I left for work today, causing me to lose about 9-10 hours of mining time.

Best suggestion if lack of ram is the case is lower the -Xmx values, or add ram.

This can also be triggered by scheduled services starting up, which increase ram usage, so check the scheduler if anything is set to run.

Memory amount on that server is 32GB, currently being used is 57% of that total, the DNS server being the biggest utilization.

However, this server did crash last night and forced me to reboot it. Therefore clearing the memory. The miner still crashed one time after that restart.

My best guess is that it has something to do with the virtual machines running on the system, but I am not sure.

ALSO....

I checked the event viewer and there was nothing java related at all. I didn't want to keep quoting the other quote, as it was getting far too large and soon it will take a page per reply. lol.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:44:53 PM

Every once in a while on my server machine, one of the instances that is on my G drive (miner instance) crashes out. Just closes. I don't know why it is doing this. It is only on that one drive, the other miner on the other drive is fine, and the miner on the mapped drive on the same server, mapped to my desktop is fine too. It's only the G drive miner, and randomly...

How much ram do you have? If you're running too many jvms with not enough ram on windows, sometimes windows pops a box asking you to close something, then if you don't it auto-kills something. I have a comp with 4G ram running 2 miners that tends to kill 1 miner on occasion, and on another comp my wallet seems to have gotten auto-killed about when I left for work today, causing me to lose about 9-10 hours of mining time.

Best suggestion if lack of ram is the case is lower the -Xmx values, or add ram.

This can also be triggered by scheduled services starting up, which increase ram usage, so check the scheduler if anything is set to run.

Memory amount on that server is 32GB, currently being used is 57% of that total, the DNS server being the biggest utilization.

However, this server did crash last night and forced me to reboot it. Therefore clearing the memory. The miner still crashed one time after that restart.

My best guess is that it has something to do with the virtual machines running on the system, but I am not sure.

ALSO....

I checked the event viewer and there was nothing java related at all. I didn't want to keep quoting the other quote, as it was getting far too large and soon it will take a page per reply. lol.

If there is nothing obvious then you will probably have to wait for the pause to catch the error.

with what I can gather it sounds like you are pushing it on a pretty important server. (DNS etc) just make sure your not pushing it to hard  Grin
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:45:41 PM

ALSO....

I don't know then. All crashes I've seen have been directly related to ram starvation.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

ALSO....

If there is nothing obvious then you will probably have to wait for the pause to catch the error.

with what I can gather it sounds like you are pushing it on a pretty important server. (DNS etc) just make sure your not pushing it to hard  Grin

Haha, agreed. After doing this I thought that a better idea would have been to put it on a VM... but it's already done now, so whatever. I think it'll be fine once the initial plotting is done, then the resources of the miner are very low.

I will let you know what the next crash on the pause results. Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:51:20 PM

ALSO....

Haha, agreed. After doing this I thought that a better idea would have been to put it on a VM... but it's already done now, so whatever. I think it'll be fine once the initial plotting is done, then the resources of the miner are very low.

I will let you know what the next crash on the pause results. Thanks!

NP. Just let us know. Its very very likely that future users will encounter similar issues so we should get it figured out.
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:07:08 PM

Wow. 2636 is taking a LONG time
CryptoSurfer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:09:55 PM

Yup! It's taking like 4ever!.
burstcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:10:20 PM

Yeah, I was wondering if my client was stuck at first. Just another 65 blocks until the new algo kicks in.

neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:12:12 PM

Its almost an hour now right?
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:14:20 PM

Congrats to whomever cracked that one. WOW  Grin
CryptoSurfer

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:14:42 PM

#2637 now, wonder who has got the block #2636.
CryptoSurfer

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:20:54 PM

This was not a mining block reward but looks like a transaction was sent on that block.
EDIT: This seems to be my own transaction of 10029 burst (was playing with the wallet).

So, what just happened ?

EDIT: ah, just found out this was just sent along the block!
CryptoSurfer

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:23:36 PM

Wink Wink Submitting share
{"result":"deadline: 230"}  Wink Wink

Let's hope!

EDIT:  Huh Huh
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:24:18 PM

This was not a mining block reward but looks like a transaction was sent on that block.
EDIT: This seems to be my own transaction of 10029 burst (was playing with the wallet).

So, what just happened ?

Your transaction was just riding along. Someone still got it
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:24:33 PM

Wink Wink Submitting share
{"result":"deadline: 230"}  Wink Wink

Let's hope!

Fingers crossed for you buddy!!
tricass

Activity: 394

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:24:51 PM

Is it just the miner that stops or is it a plot generation too?

Try adding the word pause on a line after everything else on your bat file

java -Xmxblah blah blah blah
pause

When it dies it will pause the command prompt and ask you to press a button to shut down. This way you can see what the error is that is killing the process.

Once you get that it is much easier to help diagnose the problem.

Edit:

I am assuming your on windows.

Yea, I have already added pause to it, and am awaiting the next time it crashes out.... It is only the miner, and only 1 of the 2 miners running on the system. The one on the other drive never crashes. Very strange. The plot generation is fine on both drives.

bad sectors of your HDD?

I really don't think so... well, I guess, at least I hope not... This drive, as with almost all of the drives/components in the system in question, are almost brand new WD NAS drives. Do you think that bad sectors would cause only the MINER to crash and not the PLOTTER? It would seem to me that it would be the other way around, but I've been known to be wrong before! hehe.

How is your NAS attached ?

I think you may have misunderstood, or I may have used the wrong context... The drives are NAS drives, but they are physically inside the server, connected like any other drive with SATA and power. Just regular drives, the RED drives from WD, intended for NAS use.

This makes it hard to say what is causing the crash.
We need the error or check the windows event viewer for anything suspicious.

i was/am having this happen to me. started about 3 days ago. running fine for 4.5 days and then random crashes. my single plot size was approach 2TB at the time and my "-Xmx" was limiting it to 750m. I'm wondering whethe it's a mem issue so have upped it to 1024m to see if it makes a diff.

i did ask the question here whether there is a log file i can look at the miner logs to to see if it reports why it shutsdown.

neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:28:22 PM

pause

When it dies it will pause the command prompt and ask you to press a button to shut down. This way you can see what the error is that is killing the process.

Edit:

Yea, I have already added pause to it, and am awaiting the next time it crashes out.... It is only the miner, and only 1 of the 2 miners running on the system. The one on the other drive never crashes. Very strange. The plot generation is fine on both drives.

bad sectors of your HDD?

I really don't think so... well, I guess, at least I hope not... This drive, as with almost all of the drives/components in the system in question, are almost brand new WD NAS drives. Do you think that bad sectors would cause only the MINER to crash and not the PLOTTER? It would seem to me that it would be the other way around, but I've been known to be wrong before! hehe.

I think you may have misunderstood, or I may have used the wrong context... The drives are NAS drives, but they are physically inside the server, connected like any other drive with SATA and power. Just regular drives, the RED drives from WD, intended for NAS use.

i was/am having this happen to me. started about 3 days ago. running fine for 4.5 days and then random crashes. my single plot size was approach 2TB at the time and my "-Xmx" was limiting it to 750m. I'm wondering whethe it's a mem issue so have upped it to 1024m to see if it makes a diff.

i did ask the question here whether there is a log file i can look at the miner logs to to see if it reports why it shutsdown.

thats actually an excellent point. If the plot files are two big you may need more ram to run the miner.

How big (total) is the plot on that drive?
burstcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:42:24 PM

Miner doesn't have a log file, and really could use a bit of work.

BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

Same problem. Anyone know How to handle large size plot with out crashing the miner ?

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

CryptoSurfer

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:48:50 PM

@BurstBurst:
What is plot file size and your available RAM and your run_mine command ?
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: