Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170600 times)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:58:57 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

Its crazy.  Remember the virus clone?  People jumped on it without a second thought.  I guarantee you many will jump on next clone.  Shit or not.

Yea, without even checking the source even once. Its that "ooh, something new, lets make quick money"-people. Let them go  Wink

Yep, let the dummies walk off the cliff.

It would take something very worthwhile to get everyone to replot their drives.

with gpu is easy to replot, not for me because i've sold them all lol, but the point stand

GPU plots fast, but creates very small stagger sizes. They need to be optimized using dcct's merge utility, which takes a very long time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:00:18 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

Its crazy.  Remember the virus clone?  People jumped on it without a second thought.  I guarantee you many will jump on next clone.  Shit or not.

Yea, without even checking the source even once. Its that "ooh, something new, lets make quick money"-people. Let them go  Wink

with gpu is easy to replot, not for me because i've sold them all lol, but the point stand

OR, we could just make a plotter/miner in C for BURST. AND/OR remake the wallet in C if that's a super huge deal to everyone.

I say why not make the existing coin better, rather than cloning it? Add the features you would like to see, to THIS coin, rather than making a whole new coin just for some features that aren't here.

We have the groundwork, we have the good coin, we have people with petabytes of plots, why stop now? Forge ahead, create new tools, make changes, upgrades, fix things!

That's how we do it. Then we get some PR out here, and suddenly people aren't complaining about the prices anymore, and real investors get interested. This is all it takes.

I am helping where I can, and my dev friend has already made a windows GUI for burst for the newbies, since plotting and mining is a whole new style, and many are having issues figuring it out. YEs, there may be bugs, yes, right now it's only solo (we're working on that right now actually) and yes, there will be plenty of changes and upgrades, based on what people in the community want and need.

But this is what we have to continue doing, we have to continue making burst a commodity, something that people actually want, a coin that's easy to setup and mine, and something that's worth buying. Something that someone will want to hold.

my .02

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
AFN

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

OR, we could just make a plotter/miner in C for BURST. AND/OR remake the wallet in C if that's a super huge deal to everyone.

I say why not make the existing coin better, rather than cloning it? Add the features you would like to see, to THIS coin, rather than making a whole new coin just for some features that aren't here.

We have the groundwork, we have the good coin, we have people with petabytes of plots, why stop now? Forge ahead, create new tools, make changes, upgrades, fix things!

That's how we do it. Then we get some PR out here, and suddenly people aren't complaining about the prices anymore, and real investors get interested. This is all it takes.

I am helping where I can, and my dev friend has already made a windows GUI for burst for the newbies, since plotting and mining is a whole new style, and many are having issues figuring it out. YEs, there may be bugs, yes, right now it's only solo (we're working on that right now actually) and yes, there will be plenty of changes and upgrades, based on what people in the community want and need.

But this is what we have to continue doing, we have to continue making burst a commodity, something that people actually want, a coin that's easy to setup and mine, and something that's worth buying. Something that someone will want to hold.

my .02

Agreed. Another important thing - marketing.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:08:45 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

GPU plots fast, but creates very small stagger sizes. They need to be optimized using dcct's merge utility, which takes a very long time.

btw there is a windows verison of the dcct merge tool?
Pilotseye

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

there you http://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/dcct-plot-merger.84/#post-582  Wink
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:24:36 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

my .02

Very well said.

But how do we make that a reality...? A got a feeling we've got a very talanted dev who, basically, works his ass off. He surely can't do everything ppl ask for alone. So how....?

Perhaps the whole Burst project needs to be more organized. Say, with a team responsible for different sections (design, marketing, c, usage, etc), together helping the dev out and improving the coin.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

there you http://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/dcct-plot-merger.84/#post-582  Wink

thanks, merge is indeed a misleading name, i thought at first that it merge two plots as well
dcct

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:45:53 PM

thanks, merge is indeed a misleading name, i thought at first that it merge two plots as well

I'll rename it to optimize in the new version
fanepatent

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:50:50 PM

Pool back up with GUI working right this time

http://burstpool.ddns.net
Do the reward assignment to address BURST-7CPJ-BW8N-U4XF-CWW3U, wait 4 confirms then you can mine on pool.
Come on people, lets test this, see if it works. Spread the hashrate. Current pools are overloaded.
Miner connects to port 8124
1% fee.

Waiting for people to come forward, stating that they started to mine here and what space they got.

Reducing payout to 100 coins

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
fivebells

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:51:49 PM

You could concatenate completed plots as long as they combine to a consecutive set of nonces and you name the resulting file accordingly.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:12:33 PM

I'd rather have a temporary low price on BURST with decreasing difficulty to force miners to hold, and shake out the non-believers of the coin. Instead of rising price with high difficulty.  Smiley
Janror

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:13:08 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 08:23:18 PM by Janror

I've created an advanced windows port of the dcct's-linux plotter:

Current version V1.16: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg9120986#msg9120986

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!DgsWFIJA!H_D0Tg-Laxwp1yvccUwZG8uRx2jgz0IBTTZ91r0IfQA
Source: https://github.com/BurstTools/BurstSoftware

Improvements against the Java miner:

• At least a 5 times better performance. With a Haswell CPUs up to 14 times.
  • Break and continue a plot a latter time. Please break only between writes. Version 1.16 should always be able to continue.
  • Optional asynchronous mode for writing the plots in the background. Use twice as much RAM.
  • I have only access to Intel CPUs, so I don't know if it is working for AMD CPUs.
  • Setting lower priority class at start up to ease the impact for foreground applications (e.g. miner)

Usage: wplotgenerator <account id> <start nonce> <number of nonces> <stagger size> <threads> [/async]
         <account id> = your numeric acount id
         <start nonce> = where you want to start plotting, if this is your first HDD then set it to 0, other wise set it to your last hdd's <start nonce> + <number of nonces>
         <number of nonces> = how many nonces you want to plot - 200gb is about 800000 nonces
         <stagger size> = set it to 2x the amount of MB RAM your system has (with async 1x the RAM your system has)
         <threads> = How many CPU threads you want to utilise
       options:
         /async ... writing plots from a background-thread for best throughput (needs twice as much RAM)

PlotterCodepathCPUCodenameLogical processorsTotal average nonces per minuteAverage nonces per thread per minute
pocminer_v1JavaIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 0 @ 3.30GHzSandy Bridge-EP/EX122'048170,67
wplotgeneratorSSE4Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHzHarpertown42'411602,75
wplotgeneratorSSE4Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHzWestmere-EP2415'200633,33
wplotgeneratorAVXIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 0 @ 3.30GHzSandy Bridge-EP/EX1215'1441'262,00
wplotgeneratorAVX2Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHzHaswell47'8301'957.50
wplotgeneratorAVX2Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHzHaswell820'2332'529.13

Please consider donating some of your newly mined Bursts to support further development: BURST-LNVN-5M4L-S9KP-H5AAC

Happy mining! Cool
Janror
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:16:07 PM

basically you can't merge the last plot, because you don't have space for the new copy
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

C++ clone?

could be better yes

my .02

Very well said.

But how do we make that a reality...? A got a feeling we've got a very talanted dev who, basically, works his ass off. He surely can't do everything ppl ask for alone. So how....?

Perhaps the whole Burst project needs to be more organized. Say, with a team responsible for different sections (design, marketing, c, usage, etc), together helping the dev out and improving the coin.

This is a GREAT idea. Let's develop a team!

Also, I have a developer friend who's working with me on the GUI tool right now, and I know Uray and Dcct are dev's working for the betterment of this coin as well, I really think it will continue to grow with our (The community's) help!

I will gladly take part in a commission of sorts, to help the advancement of burst!

any ideas to make this a reality?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:21:09 PM

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!DgsWFIJA!H_D0Tg-Laxwp1yvccUwZG8uRx2jgz0IBTTZ91r0IfQA

• Break and continue a plot a latter time. Please break only between writes.
  • Optional asynchronous mode for writing the plots in the background. Use twice as much RAM.
  • I have only access to Intel CPUs, so I don't know if it is working for AMD CPUs.
  • Setting lower priority class at start up to ease the impact for foreground applications (e.g. miner)

Usage: wplotgenerator <account id> <start nonce> <number of nonces> <stagger size> <threads> [/async]
         <start nonce> = where you want to start plotting, if this is your first HDD then set it to 0, other wise set it to your last hdd's <start nonce> + <number of nonces>
         <number of nonces> = how many nonces you want to plot - 200gb is about 800000 nonces
         <stagger size> = set it to 2x the amount of MB RAM your system has (with async 1x the RAM your system has)
       options:
         /async ... writing plots from a background-thread for best throughput (needs twice as much RAM)

PlotterCodepathCPUCodenameLogical processorsTotal average nonces per minuteAverage nonces per thread per minute
pocminer_v1JavaIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 0 @ 3.30GHzSandy Bridge-EP/EX122'048170,67
wplotgeneratorSSE4Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHzWestmere-EP2415'200633,33
wplotgeneratorAVXIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 0 @ 3.30GHzSandy Bridge-EP/EX1215'1441'262,00

Please consider donating some of your newly mined Bursts to support further development: BURST-LNVN-5M4L-S9KP-H5AAC

Happy mining! Cool
Janror

Wow, if this is legit, then we have yet another dev willing to help out the betterment of burst, thank you, I will take a look at this when I get home, much appreciated for your support of the community, if this works, I will more than happily tip you for your work!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
fanepatent

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:41:06 PM

options:

Happy mining! Cool
Janror

Wow, if this is legit, then we have yet another dev willing to help out the betterment of burst, thank you, I will take a look at this when I get home, much appreciated for your support of the community, if this works, I will more than happily tip you for your work!

Well, for me at least was twice as fast as the linux version. 8200 nounces per minute with a i7 4770k at 4 Gh using 7 cores

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:44:53 PM

What's happoning with Urays pool(1) today. The is no any payment since 10 hours...
maxpayne1256

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:46:13 PM

options:

Happy mining! Cool
Janror

Well, for me at least was twice as fast as the linux version. 8200 nounces per minute with a i7 4770k at 4 Gh using 7 cores

Windows Burstcoin plot generator V1.15
Creating plots for nonces 0 to 10000 (2 GB) using 500 MB memory and 8 threads with async writing - using AVX codepath
Setting priority class 'below normal'.
100 Percent done. Average 8417 nonces/minute.
Finished plotting.

wow Grin
i7 2600
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

I'll rename it to optimize in the new version

Is it possible to have the new version handle nounces higher than 9,999,999,999...? I have really high starting numbers to avoid overlapping  Smiley

dcct

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:50:37 PM

options:

Happy mining! Cool
Janror

This is great! I'll send you over some BURST.
Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: