Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin a project by the CIA???  (Read 2784 times)
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:44:52 PM

Well it could be, but I really doubt it. Are they even smart enough to do something like this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:22:59 PM

Did the CIA also hire a bad programmer to do the code? Did they find one who excelled in economics and writing white papers?
I guess it is possible but I just don't find it likely. I do wonder if Satoshi is more than one person.

Will be interesting to see if he ever starts sending his coins to "causes" in need once the price is up there. (After all, he can't easily spend them.)
 Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
austriabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

well an obligation - try to go against the Government and you end up sitting in a cage

its not a halluzination this fucking government the Alphabet Boys are for eal and spying on you and controlling you 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
They know all about us, so they for sure know we fed up with them sickos so they just feed us a new revolutionizing tool against their "bad banks"
you know Im sayin.

Whenever there is some new Form of "freedom" out there its not in the best interesst of most people involved.

Look back in History

Hitler promised that work will set you free - Arbeit macht frei- those were his words, now look were this freedom got us- we working like slaves now

Obama said he will bring us Peace and what not, god damnit this dude has his fingers on WW3, ready to push the button.

So now here come Bitcoin a revolutinized way to decentralize currency and free us from Banks and the Rothschilds the Bushs and the rest of the Jewish Illuminati dudes.

So looking in the past and listening to them liars in Washington and the governments around the world, it wouldnt surprise me at all that Bitcoin is a set up.

And i can look at the source code- its easy to put some backdoors in it if you know what you doing,

and seriously who is this Satoshi Nakamoto???

austriabitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

and this satoshi character  for sure has learned programming somewhere or is associated with some people that told him that

im also sure way back than even if it was jsut himself creating that for sure he talked to some people about that before 2009 and some people you never see again and noone even came out saying he was talking to me about "bitcoin" in 2007 and than i never heard of this fellow again.

Its just not possible in my eyes for 1 person to come up with something like that.

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:37:40 PM

Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:02:45 PM

Let's pretend for a moment that the CIA/NSA actually created Bitcoin.

Well, the US NAVY did create TOR.

Bitcoin has some interesting properties:

1. It is open source.
2. There are thousands of nodes in private hands.
3. There are gigahashes and terahashes of mining power.
4. You can be a completely anonymous user.

All by itself, bitcoin (the network and the protocol and the coins) is just awesome. The problem lies in the link to fiat, either with exchanges or some local trader.
TOR was created by the Navy with the intention of being used by the government. It needed other people to run and use it in order for the government to be able to use it securely. TOR is not perfect, however neither is any other "method" of privacy.

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:06:26 PM

I have no proof but I very much doubt the CIA had anythign to do with it.

Monkey Island. Classic.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:46:12 PM

Bitcoin isn't a cia invention. Satoshi was probably just a geek (or group of geeks) who created something brilliant.

Monkey Island. Classic.

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:52:57 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 11:13:57 PM by hlynur

@austriabitcoin
 excuse my sarcasm, but comparing working conditions of today with those in concentration camps in nazi-germany is a bit far-fetched imo.  
unfortunately that still depends where you're living on this planet  Undecided

As always with a technological shift - no matter what source it comes from - every society has legacy problems which influence conditions of adaption and future sentiment of the masses will determine if and how these will evolve.
our monetary system has a long history and therefore a lot of centralised influence to transfer the current status quo into the digital era.
if you don't want to be a spoonfed lethargic "slave" consuming what he/she gets praised by massmedia everyday...
well, thanks to the internet you have much more options today than ever before in human history to educate yourself, choose wisely what you support/consume with your hard-earned money and spread your knowledge.

Same thing goes with blockchain technology...if it would be implemented as financial ledger on a neutral breeding ground voilà there is your solution for a free and transparent utopia without banks and cronyism.
(never underestimate the aftermath when human nature had a go at it though   Wink)
The established distributed powers try to shape, control and restrain its public benefit in their interest until it's finally adapted by the masses.
Important thing is this uneven process will provide new opportunities for those who make the effort to take the route less travelled by.

Would you have said internet is work of the devil during the 90s because its source is a project by ARPA of US Department of Defense?
Although it allows the state of a transparent citizen when using certain hardware/services, the web also provides access to more tools than ever to prevent this from happening.

technology is neutral and humanity will always add the two sides of a coin...it's everyone's personal decision what you make of it.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:16:31 PM

The CIA wishes they created it...

00null

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:43:53 PM

yes but still my question is

if it is a fact that the Government runs the Show with Bitcoin, would you get out of it or not??

As soon as you own some coins and are running a full node you did become one of those that "run the Show".
So the questions is: should we get out as soon as you are doing this? Cheesy

gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

if it is, so what? thought we established already it doesnt matter who created it

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:36:03 AM

Bitcoin isn't a cia invention. Satoshi was probably just a geek (or group of geeks) who created something brilliant.

Monkey Island. Classic.

This is most likely the case. I would personally doubt that satoshi was even a group of people as his writing style generally did not ever change. The CIA and the US government would really have nothing to gain by creating Bitcoin and have likely and will likely lose tax revenue as a result of it.
austriabitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:46:24 AM

This is most likely the case. I would personally doubt that satoshi was even a group of people as his writing style generally did not ever change. The CIA and the US government would really have nothing to gain by creating Bitcoin and have likely and will likely lose tax revenue as a result of it.[/qoute]

if all our money is digitalised its easier for the government to controll us.

As I said the average Joe Blow doesnt own much marterial things that are actually worth more than a few 1000 Dollar if even that. Most possesions of the average Joe Blow is a Car a flat screen and Playstation, so all things that loose on value over time, so actually worthless things.

And the most money is either in online banking or on Credit Cards, so if "they" come up with a way were it's possible to controll peoples funds with 1 single instrument, let's call it Bitcoin, it would make it way easier for "them" to "turn it off" and so gain complete controll over humanity. cause after all money is the only thing that gives most people self esteem and confidence, so take that and you got a whole bunch of willingless people which makes it easier to controll.

And as I said money and Controll is all the Governments want, it doesnt take a genius to figure that out.

Take their money and you can controll them, thats what the government has to gain, controll and money

xdominating

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:15:35 AM

i think your resources from the fake sites. a lot of the information isn't right reported on there.

for my advice, we don't easily accept the information that has not been recognized of the truth.

I hope this post doesn't stop us to earn bitcoin.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:33:25 AM

i think your resources from the fake sites. a lot of the information isn't right reported on there.

for my advice, we don't easily accept the information that has not been recognized of the truth.

It is a fake site run by a well known troll here who likes to spread fud and promote his crappy businesses and ebook rubbish.
MultipliedCombo

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:36:54 AM

It is a fake site run by a well known troll here who likes to spread fud and promote his crappy businesses and ebook rubbish.

This sums everything up perfectly. I'm just going to go and forget the I ever came across this post.

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:34:49 AM

yes monkey
Spearmint

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:29:04 AM

i find that complete bollocks, sorry mate

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:53:09 AM

So are you implying that they maybe created both those things with known holes in them so people who are planning to do illegal stuff rely on them and can be surveilled by those agencies even better? Ha, that totally sounds like a conspiracy theory Cheesy Nah, I don't really believe that!

I am not implying anything, just stating the facts. No conspiracy theory here, as to me, like you, it does not make sense.

TOR was created by the Navy with the intention of being used by the government. It needed other people to run and use it in order for the government to be able to use it securely. TOR is not perfect, however neither is any other "method" of privacy.

Well, that makes sense. TOR is not perfect, but prior to the existence of TOR people already knew how to be private. There is now another layer added.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: