Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:39:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the best age to introduce your kids to Bitcoin?  (Read 6211 times)
MP5KU

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:39:02 AM

As a Kid myself I learnt about bitcoin at age 15 (Now 16)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:50:17 AM

At whatever age you would start paying an allowance in exchange for chores.  The coolest thing about paying an allowance in BTC would be that the kids could learn the value of saving since the value of their BTC may increase the longer they hold it.  You never know, some kids may save their accrued BTC's throughout their life until adulthood and the next thing you know BOOM they're rich when it hits the moon Smiley

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
cameltoe

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:05:42 AM

At whatever age you would start paying an allowance in exchange for chores.  The coolest thing about paying an allowance in BTC would be that the kids could learn the value of saving since the value of their BTC may increase the longer they hold it.  You never know, some kids may save their accrued BTC's throughout their life until adulthood and the next thing you know BOOM they're rich when it hits the moon Smiley

Or become addicted to gambling at a very early age lol
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 07:14:25 AM

That's a good suggestion I think I may get my kids in via an allowance. but I'll 50/50 it so they can spend their cash but save their btc if they choose to - I will keep onto their wallet so they cant go throwing it away on primedice. 

To everyone else, I'd tell my kids about bitcoin as early as possible - didn't someone make a childrens book about bitcoin already? = well its an ebook anyway:  http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Beginner-Kids-Trilogy-Inspirational-ebook/dp/B00GCMFWSA

BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:51:49 AM

I think when they are familiar with purchasing goods in dollars and dominate them properly. Then introduce another coin to them, that is Bitcoin. They will ask a lot questions about it. You try to explain it to them steps by steps. However, I think they will command the whole principles as they grows up.
Wealthy

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:13:45 AM

Its better not introducing kids to bitcoin on a very early age because they might now know about security and other thing like how it works,at lease not until the age while he understand the usage of money and know its importance
pajrinn

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:15:35 AM

I think, it is better to introduce them when young, at the age of 15-17 years,
cause that age, children already to invest  Smiley
Sorry Before
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:48:51 AM

may not be difficult to tell the children about bitcoin if they were used and understood about the internet,
also already know about e-currencies like PayPal, Perfect Money, etc
so that's when we can tell about bitcoin, or even they know themselves, because the internet is so vast information.
Cream

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:01:36 AM

The same age when kids are introduced to facebook, youtube and play sites...perfect age for understanding BTC.
AnnyHan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:38:17 AM

I think the best age is between 7-10, when the children should have awareness of money including traditional money. Smiley
melisande

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:59:00 AM

For me i think the best time to introduce kids to BTC is when one notice they have developed a saving culture and have a wide understanding of computers.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:04:16 AM

What's the best age to introduce your kids to Bitcoin?
Soon all babies will be required to have an RFID chip to track their location and Bitcoin balance; Welcome to the Brave New World.   Shocked
^^Hopefully, this will not happen, "how are things going" where you live...?

AnnyHan

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:38:27 AM

For me i think the best time to introduce kids to BTC is when one notice they have developed a saving culture and have a wide understanding of computers.

Yep, I agree with your idea.
DDuckworth

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 01:41:56 PM

Or become addicted to gambling at a very early age lol

Life is a gamble my friend, if you aren't taking risks (good calculated risks are recommended) then you'll never do or become anything.  Almost every single inventor took a big risk to make it big, many failed, but without trying you can never get there Smiley

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:02:49 PM

Probably at 16-18 years Bitcoins are a serious thing, it's not easy or a thing "for childs".
I think that to understand bitcoin the guy have to be mature . It may be dangerous Sad

ariyaromadhona

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

with my age now is 19 .. and hope i'll marry at 26 and have a kid at 27 ..
i think my child will know bitcoin automatically :3 .. i doesnt need to introduce it
future_quark369

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:55:24 PM

After thinking about this a little bit I think I will probably wait until they are in the mid-teenage years until you teach them the importance of security measures. It is true that people will try to steal your bitcoin if they have the opportunity, however this is really not something you want to be teaching your innocent child.
Kayex

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:02:46 PM

After thinking about this a little bit I think I will probably wait until they are in the mid-teenage years until you teach them the importance of security measures. It is true that people will try to steal your bitcoin if they have the opportunity, however this is really not something you want to be teaching your innocent child.
At the same time, I would look out for their maturity. The maturity of one boy could be different from another boy. I would teach them the concept of money, stocks, and investing because introducing them to bitcoin.

ALXBOB

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:01:07 AM

Our kids will grow using bitcoins in their everyday life!

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
SF-Man

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:13:07 AM

As soon as he ask me about it. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: