Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuck Cryptsy  (Read 1413 times)
X7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:58:35 PM

These guys are pretty nasty - They have an impressive back end but something is going on which we don't see...
either an employee or a dev of this site is up to some nasty shit.

They sold a few of my cryptos with no permission at a ridiculously low rate - then when I went to withdraw my BTC - I was checking the address and noticed they generated an address that I had never seen or have any access to... totally clean... fuck them and their nasty tricks man.

This is how you get aids... Aint nobody got time for that

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:59:58 PM

Have you tried talking to them or not I was under the impression they are a reputable service?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:02:00 PM

Have you tried talking to them or not I was under the impression they are a reputable service?

Completely canned response about the crypto being sold - they said I had selected an auto sell feature (Which was not the case) -

the BTC address issue they had no response for (I walk on eggshells when it comes to this site)

Not going to use it again tbh - been reading up on the horror stories.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:42:15 AM

You're not the first one who encountered this problem

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:45:18 AM

Cryptsy has always been semi-reputable in the sense that their sites runs like shit. Hours of backups on withdrawals, lagging orderbooks, etc. It's really a shamed that coinmarket.io shut down/scammed - they were literally instant with everything.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:42:21 PM

PM me I will look into your issue. Not even Paul could login to an account and sell coins.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:27:52 AM

These guys are pretty nasty - They have an impressive back end but something is going on which we don't see...

They sold a few of my cryptos with no permission at a ridiculously low rate - then when I went to withdraw my BTC - I was checking the address and noticed they generated an address that I had never seen or have any access to... totally clean... fuck them and their nasty tricks man.

Would be nice to get an update on this if possible.  I'd like to know if things took place the way you think they did or whatever happened is useful to all that use the site, thanks.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:49:05 PM

Would be nice to get an update on this if possible.  I'd like to know if things took place the way you think they did or whatever happened is useful to all that use the site, thanks.

Speaking with BitJohn now -

Basically I had done a few transactions with Cryptsy in the past - with NMC for the most part which I had a nominal amount of on a sell if it hits x price feature.
I checked in and bought some BTC/Vert when it was around 0.3 (USD) or so - A decent amount of Vert as well obviously (I wouldn't be here crying if it was 500 Vert, I would just have accepted the loss and moved on)

I tried to log in numerous times and the site kept booting me out, felt strange... When I finally got in I noticed all my Vert had been sold at nearly an all time low of 0.1 (USD) - I was flustered and emailed Crypsty support they gave me a canned response so I tried to withdraw the amount I had gotten for it in BTC (Obviously at a pretty big loss) - I then compared addresses and noticed it was not my address... a new address had been input (Never been used) to which I had no access..

It was all pretty shitty so I unplugged/wifi off and let it be until the next day. Logged back on and went through hell to get my BTC off - It's like they try to stop you from withdrawing because they feel pretty when your BTC is on their site. Managed to muscle the remaining BTC I had off the site.. Still have 300 Vert sitting there in denial so they can see..

I deal with a lot of exchanges - I actually thought Cryptsy had a pretty impressive back end and for the most part didn't understand why everyone was ranting about the site and how they got ripped off.. Naive of me.

Now I am here.

donguan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

their support never answer
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

Well that seems like some odd behaviour and hopefully you get to the bottom of the coins being sold and the login issues.  Hate to say it but maybe we all should practice more caution on the exchanges, in regards to the amount of funds we leave on there.  Good luck and please let us know what is the outcome of all this.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:01:55 PM

Well that seems like some odd behaviour and hopefully you get to the bottom of the coins being sold and the login issues.  Hate to say it but maybe we all should practice more caution on the exchanges, in regards to the amount of funds we leave on there.  Good luck and please let us know what is the outcome of all this.

Thanks bro - and you are right.. will let you know what happens.

proctologic

Activity: 241

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:58:44 AM

I have withdraws still pending since April and get no response in tickets or live support so i have filed complaints to

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/

Attorney General of Florida
http://www.safeflorida.net/

X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:38:03 AM

I have withdraws still pending since April and get no response in tickets or live support so i have filed complaints to

You may want to check to see if the withdrawl address actually matches YOUR address (They tried to swipe all my BTC on the exchange with that sneaky move - If I didnt take my time to verify the address, some random kid would have my BTC)

proctologic

Activity: 241

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:16:58 AM

You may want to check to see if the withdrawl address actually matches YOUR address (They tried to swipe all my BTC on the exchange with that sneaky move - If I didnt take my time to verify the address, some random kid would have my BTC)

Everything was correct and magically after i filed complaint all funds where fixed so dont give up and keep send in complaints

X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:21:06 PM

Unfortunately I am still waiting - I engaged in a PM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: