Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:10:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sideways for so long now....  (Read 4930 times)
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:00:44 AM

Wall Street is not going to invest in crypto currencies on any major scale. This goes against all they rely on to make a living, and would undermine their own existence. Who would do such a stupid thing.

Wall street is utterly rotten - I'm not sure why would anyone want them to hop in

Well, I think it's pretty obvious. People figure that Wall Street funds invest in the billions, so considering bitcoin's market cap, if they actually wanted to invest that kind of money, it would have to drive up the price considerably. Wouldn't you agree?

Now the question is, do they want in? Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Corelianer

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:04:46 AM

patience is a virtue
Is it? Let's while away the time with a bit of philosophy.

According to Aristotle, wisdom is living according to the virtues. But not too much, and not too little. For example, too little courage is cowardice, and too much is recklessness. Lack of patience is impatience, and too much patience is... what?

my gosh that's the wisdom of the day!  Grin

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:05:39 AM

There are too few negative threads about bitcoin's value, when the speculation forum will be full of bears then the time for a new rally is come.

+1
so true.
ravenjt

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:46:55 AM

I haven't looked at Bitcoin for months, until just now.
Damn, it's hardly changed at all in the last six months. Some variation, but no overall trend up or down.
Also striking is that volumes haven't increased either. It must just be a sea of people holding BTC, with no dividends, in the hope of a new price bubble, so they can sell up and return to fiat.
But there is no news. No large scale increase in use, or major new investor, or price variability or anything.
I can understand that you must all be very bored!

My forecast, for what it's worth, is that the stability will remain as everyone just holds, until one day something better is invented, then BTC will collapse, quietly, and without any fanfare.

Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:53:58 AM

I haven't looked at Bitcoin for months, until just now.
Damn, it's hardly changed at all in the last six months. Some variation, but no overall trend up or down.
Also striking is that volumes haven't increased either. It must just be a sea of people holding BTC, with no dividends, in the hope of a new price bubble, so they can sell up and return to fiat.
But there is no news. No large scale increase in use, or major new investor, or price variability or anything.
I can understand that you must all be very bored!

My forecast, for what it's worth, is that the stability will remain as everyone just holds, until one day something better is invented, then BTC will collapse, quietly, and without any fanfare.

sadly suspected by a few ppl...will it become true....*shrugs*

Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:48:29 PM

stability like this generally precedes growth....but damn if it isn't boring

I wish we were still in a sideways movement. These drops are making me sick, man! I just can't take these uncertainties anymore... There was supposed to be a bubble and now everyone's talking about capitulation, man!

liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:13:49 PM

i'm getting quite tired of waiting myself (expecting the July rally and it's already two weeks past, the horror) but I get the feeling that this long period of consolidation is actually a good thing. I mean education and adoption does take time. Wish I had more money to put in but i'm pretty maxed out..
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:16:56 PM

i'm getting quite tired of waiting myself (expecting the July rally and it's already two weeks past, the horror) but I get the feeling that this long period of consolidation is actually a good thing. Wish I had more money to put in but i'm pretty maxed out..

I guess that's the problem. Everyone's all maxxed out right now!!! So no one will be able to start a new rallye, unless we see new money coming in from the sidelines. The books on stamp look meager, I guess... But that could be manipulation, too!

Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:17:40 PM

too much patience is... what?

apathy?
liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:55:51 PM

i'm getting quite tired of waiting myself (expecting the July rally and it's already two weeks past, the horror) but I get the feeling that this long period of consolidation is actually a good thing. Wish I had more money to put in but i'm pretty maxed out..

I guess that's the problem. Everyone's all maxxed out right now!!! So no one will be able to start a new rallye, unless we see new money coming in from the sidelines. The books on stamp look meager, I guess... But that could be manipulation, too!

exactly! everybody is still taking a very long time to get on the boat. i just shared for the first time about bitcoin with a couple of friends and though they have heard of it, i was surprised how clueless they actually were. one insisted that bitcoin is a company! good grief. i realise the information chasm is still pretty big with the general public.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:01:14 PM

exactly! everybody is still taking a very long time to get on the boat. i just shared for the first time about bitcoin with a couple of friends and though they have heard of it, i was surprised how clueless they actually were. one insisted that bitcoin is a company! good grief. i realise the information chasm is still pretty big with the general public.

Yeah, but doesn't that show - on the other hand - that there's still an incredible amount of potential ready to be tapped? I guess a lot of people could profit form Bitcoin, just don't know about its existence yet! And that needs to change Smiley

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:49:34 PM

Can't complain it's a good place to be at the moment if you ask me.  The selfish side of me wants to see lower priced Bitcoin in the coming months but I suspect that is just wishful thinking.  I know one thing when we first the 600 dollar price range things started to get interesting fast and before we knew it the price was over a grand.  

I don't expect the same movements but I think it is worth taking into consideration.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:53:39 PM

stability like this generally precedes growth....but damn if it isn't boring

Yesterday we sawe some action. But yeah, I miss the double digit % days Sad

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:56:40 PM

The last time that everyone started calling for the volatility to come back, we ended up going like straight down.   Let's hope we don't have a repeat of that...
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:00:46 PM

The last time that everyone started calling for the volatility to come back, we ended up going like straight down.   Let's hope we don't have a repeat of that...

Going down isn't all bad. Especially if you are a longterm holder you can replenish your stack Wink

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
EricTyle

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:17:08 AM

Going down isn't all bad. Especially if you are a longterm holder you can replenish your stack Wink

I dread the day BTC goes up because of the capital gains I have to report.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:19:00 AM

The last time that everyone started calling for the volatility to come back, we ended up going like straight down.   Let's hope we don't have a repeat of that...

Move to Denmark, no tax on bitcoin gains Grin. It's also the only good thing about the country, but hey.

That said, it can change at any moment, even retroactively, so I'm staying under the radar.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
EricTyle

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:32:32 AM

The last time that everyone started calling for the volatility to come back, we ended up going like straight down.   Let's hope we don't have a repeat of that...

Move to Denmark, no tax on bitcoin gains Grin. It's also the only good thing about the country, but hey.

That said, it can change at any moment, even retroactively, so I'm staying under the radar.

Honestly, if bitcoin did go up to (let's say) 100k$, then I really may have to move there or some place that doesn't want to take 20% of my capital gains just because. At that point, I'd literally be paying 0.2 BTC to spend 1 BTC, because the fact that I bought at 500$ my 'investment' is so diluted, effectively I'm being taxed on the whole BTC.

Because of capital gains tax, I kind of want to hodl. I've probably gotten about 4-500$ saved this year by using BTC and buying back a little lower, but this would be a nightmare at 100k$. Even 1k$ looks like a disaster to me.

fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:52:58 AM

There is no capital gain tax in Singapore also. You can use the local exchange itbit to trade.

QuarantinedMoon

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:17:47 AM

Sideways is not the way its moving... its dropping right now lets be honest Sad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: