Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:47:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New legendary rank?  (Read 6426 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

Is there anything after Legendary? Like "Epic"? Actually that should be between Hero and Legendary.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:29:02 PM

Is there anything after Legendary? Like "Epic"? Actually that should be between Hero and Legendary.

Not yet.

Maybe some years from now, when there will be enough users near 2k posts. For some reasons the next ranking requires more or less 2x more activity than the previous ones, and I doubt it will change in the future.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:37:39 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 02:06:13 AM by freedomno1

Not yet.

Maybe some years from now, when there will be enough users near 2k posts. For some reasons the next ranking requires more or less 2x more activity than the previous ones, and I doubt it will change in the future.

All rankings are pretty much double the previous one
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

The one after legendary if there is one would just have a larger variance range around
1550 to 2060 Activity if it keeps that pattern in the future.

(just a bit more and a hero rank could fit in that variance range ^_^)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
RedGummyBear

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

♀ ♥

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:36:37 PM

Ok so there is another shiny 1/2 coin next to your name.  Can anyone explain how this is so important?  If you ask me the time to make this Exciting new 1/2 coin status could have been spent on something worth wild here. Why is this so Exciting?  Is this some kind of Macho status here? When does the Penis size comparison come into play?

I just don't get what is so Exciting about this new status.

How about the site owner focus on more Important things rather than a shiny coin on your profile? What a waste of time.
Just saying

The key to my ♥ has been lost. Call a locksmith
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:55:59 PM

I think the gap is too big between senior, hero, and legendary. 6 months at least. I think there should be some more ranks to diversify things a bit.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:15:55 AM

I think the gap is too big between senior, hero, and legendary. 6 months at least. I think there should be some more ranks to diversify things a bit.

why?

Ranks have a certain consistent scheme.

15 --> 30 --> 60 --> 120 --> 240 --> 480 --> ~960

It is no accident, that they made it the way it is now!

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:50:56 AM

Basically the forum is turning posting into a CSS frag match.

Godlike, anyone?
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:55:36 AM

Well it's lunchtime where I am now and I have just noticed this - so I guess I have become "a legend in my own lunchtime".  Grin

Lol...I did it on call in the hospital, apparently. Cool idea...it'll help know everyone know who has been around for a while.

Too bad I don't get a half green and half yellow final coin :-)

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:10:34 AM

"Legendary" sounds nice, just rolls off the tongue, but I haven't even made "hero" rank yet.  Cheesy
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:13:08 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 03:36:39 AM by haploid23

6 months and 21 days for me to get into the range of Legendary. 1 year and 4 months for guaranteed.

Currently at 588. Countdown starting...

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:57:17 AM

This means that in 2017 people who have registered on here just today have a potential of being "Legendary"? I'm not really a fan of emotes, but I gotta use this one...  Roll Eyes

I'm probably a good example of someone that shouldn't be "Legendary" on here...
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:57:35 AM

why?

Ranks have a certain consistent scheme.

15 --> 30 --> 60 --> 120 --> 240 --> 480 --> ~960

It is no accident, that they made it the way it is now!

It doesn't make sense though, because that final jump is literally 14 months, well 9-16 months. And then during the additional 9-16 months, it will increase with inflation to keep the numbers down. In 14 months, if every other account on the forum was active, they'd all have become hero - that's how long that final jump is.

Not even considering that activity is still limited in that its a time based metric.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:10:14 AM

Well it's lunchtime where I am now and I have just noticed this - so I guess I have become "a legend in my own lunchtime".  Grin

Lol...I did it on call in the hospital, apparently. Cool idea...it'll help know everyone know who has been around for a while.

You still won't know everyone that's been around awhile. Take Holliday for example, he has been here since early 2011 and posts continuously. He just deletes a bunch of his posts every once in a while and loses rank. I've been alcoholocaust, shadow, boscoj, jenny hill, CornedBeefHash and now QuestionAuthority but I've been here since the beginning of 2011.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:34:15 AM

This means that in 2017 people who have registered on here just today have a potential of being "Legendary"? I'm not really a fan of emotes, but I gotta use this one...  Roll Eyes

That's what I'm saying. It only takes about 2 years and 4 months for a brand new account to possibly become "Legendary". Now if you think of the meaning of the word, someone can become a legend after ~2 years? Really??

Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:34:27 AM

This means that in 2017 people who have registered on here just today have a potential of being "Legendary"? I'm not really a fan of emotes, but I gotta use this one...  Roll Eyes

That's what I'm saying. It only takes about 2 years and 4 months for a brand new account to possibly become "Legendary". Now if you think of the meaning of the word, someone can become a legend after ~2 years? Really??

Legendary, and another level.
it's all about time and activity, many posts have no effect.
CMIIW
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:03:41 PM

You still won't know everyone that's been around awhile. Take Holliday for example, he has been here since early 2011 and posts continuously. He just deletes a bunch of his posts every once in a while and loses rank. I've been alcoholocaust, shadow, boscoj, jenny hill, CornedBeefHash and now QuestionAuthority but I've been here since the beginning of 2011.
Exactly. It will help everyone know who has been here for a while. It will not help anyone know everyone who has been here for a while.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:17:03 PM

I wonder if any of the current newbies will reach this level before we all lose interest in bitcoin. I certainly hope so, I'd love to have some BTC charts to watch 2 years from now Tongue

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:19:14 PM

You could just do forum rank according to standard deviations and set legendary rank for accounts with activity above 3 standard deviations.  This would ensure that the highest rank is always highly exclusive.  

Bell curve distribution with no skew has its merits, too.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

You could just do forum rank according to standard deviations and set legendary rank for accounts with activity above 3 standard deviations.  This would ensure that the highest rank is always highly exclusive.  

that is... beautiful...

3 SD above: legendary
2 SD above: hero
1 SD above: senior
average: member
1 SD below: candidate
2 SD below: junior
3 SD below: newbie

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:48:08 PM

that is... beautiful...

3 SD above: legendary
2 SD above: hero
1 SD above: senior
average: member
1 SD below: candidate
2 SD below: junior
3 SD below: newbie

I think you'll find that the mean is much lower than you think due to the vast number of new accounts. Anything below the mean would likely be Newbie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: