Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:31:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What coinmarketcap icon is best? (post #475)
No opinion

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SKULL] ☠ SkullCoin | in-Game Treasure Hunt | PoQ  (Read 61142 times)
Quadmium

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:33:16 PM

But just so I can understand, does the original Dev still hold a large amount of the Skullcoins?

The developer issued 200,000 SKUL each time a game was hosted. He did the same for the final planned game which was canceled due to his departure. This makes him #9 in the rich list with 319,889 coins.

The developer's address is here: http://blockscan.com/address/1FFGwHsQsqTKjLfz3Tx4nf7gv1MDTq1BT

The rich list is here: http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/SKULLCOIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:42:46 AM

But just so I can understand, does the original Dev still hold a large amount of the Skullcoins?

The developer issued 200,000 SKUL each time a game was hosted. He did the same for the final planned game which was canceled due to his departure. This makes him #9 in the rich list with 319,889 coins.

The developer's address is here: http://blockscan.com/address/1FFGwHsQsqTKjLfz3Tx4nf7gv1MDTq1BT

The rich list is here: http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/SKULLCOIN

Just got back in from my Thanksgiving weekend, I hope everyone had a good turkey weekend Smiley

He still isnt responding via email or these forums, so I believe the next step would be to just try and move forward using FLDC if we can get someone to develop these games. The problem is that the Asset is not "locked" meaning at anytime the original issuer, Skullcoin Dev, can create more. Unless he decide's to join in on this conversation, the coin is dangerous to continue. The team is still looking into this, but it would be great if one of you wanted to help get more invovled in this, please email me rross@foldingcoin.net

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Simpson93

Activity: 170

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:59:08 PM

Any update FoldingCoin?
FoldingCoin

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:03:17 AM

Any update FoldingCoin?
Sorry the holidays have been getting in the way, also this is my last week at my current job before I go full time FLDC.

James (the lead Dev at FLDC) has been working on a new code to allow us to expand to additional coins. So what we are thinking with this particular "SKullToken" issue, is that a new coin will need to be created with a similar name. Then anyone holding Skull will be able to exchange their Skull for the new token. We must do this because the original dev has still not contacted us and we are afraid to keep the existing coin going as the original dev could create more at anytime.

Things are busy for us writing this code and me transitioning to full time right now, but both those task will help in trying to adopt Skull to our system (the new code is necessary and will help with some other coins that we are looking to collaborate with). I will get back in touch on this forum sometime after Jan 5th. Thanks for the patience and I hope we can help revive this great idea Smiley

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Simpson93

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:20:03 AM

Sounds great. You have a good plan there.

Take your time Wink  And enjoy the holidays.

And thanks for the update.
Quadmium

Activity: 184

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:02:55 PM

The update is appreciated here too, thanks  Smiley.
SkullCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:50:07 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 01:17:19 AM by SkullCoin

I'm open to the idea of transitioning a new dev to take over.

I would work on an android or ios app but the stores are strict and I would be banned messing around with btc/cryptocurrency(not worth the risk)(once your app is banned you lose all your users and it's hard to get them back). This is what would turn this project around and get the userbase that it needs to get off the ground in my opinion.

I left because it's a lot of work and the user base growth curve was dwindling and I have a cutoff point if a project is not showing enough growth. I would need some good ideas, additional devs and a winning revival plan to come back.
Simpson93

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:14:44 AM

Hey Skullcoin, welcome back Wink

Maybe FoldingCoin can do something to help the coin. Or they could convert it to Foldingcoins.
Get into a discussion with them.

And keep us updated.
Alpenglow

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:01:44 AM

I would work on an android or ios app but the stores are strict and I would be banned messing around with btc/cryptocurrency(not worth the risk)(once your app is banned you lose all your users and it's hard to get them back). This is what would turn this project around and get the userbase that it needs to get off the ground in my opinion.

I left because it's a lot of work and the user base growth curve was dwindling and I have a cutoff point if a project is not showing enough growth. I would need some good ideas, additional devs and a winning revival plan to come back.

Hi SkullCoin, I have a question.  If the app game used points instead of Skullcoins would that resolve the issue with the strict app stores? There are several off-app ways to link a users game name to a skull deposit address. So they can redeem their game points for skull.  Also probably be a lot easier to program a game that uses points for accounting rather than actually holding and moving the Skull in the app.
SkullCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:53:04 PM

Hi SkullCoin, I have a question.  If the app game used points instead of Skullcoins would that resolve the issue with the strict app stores? There are several off-app ways to link a users game name to a skull deposit address. So they can redeem their game points for skull.  Also probably be a lot easier to program a game that uses points for accounting rather than actually holding and moving the Skull in the app.

The new game SARUTOBI has me inspired(maybe there is a way to get a btc token game approved). I have some great ideas for a new game but its ambitious and many things need to come together before I can make it all come together.

There are ways to setup an ingame coin and let users convert them to skullcoins. Im not a complete mastermind on how to make crypto work in game but the only way I can think(right now) that it will work without abuse is an award for the top 10 players and/or random payouts similar to SARUTOBI. My concern is bots but that problem is the least of worries. The game itself may never get completed.

I will share my game ideas. It's similar to Subway surfers except you collect BTC and the puzzles are more extravagant (i cant give away anymore than that right now).
Simpson93

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:28:38 PM

So will there be any further development from you regarding this coin or do you need help from others to get started?

Have you spoken with FoldingCoin?
What do they say?
SkullCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:51:21 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 01:35:49 AM by SkullCoin

So will there be any further development from you regarding this coin or do you need help from others to get started?

Have you spoken with FoldingCoin?
What do they say?

I will do whatever is possible and productive. I cant say if I will continue development on this coin or not but I like to keep my options open. If someone wants to take it over and they have a competent plan then I will help as much as possible in the transition.

I think I know what FoldingCoin wants, but they need a dev to take over. If they feel they can bring new life to SkullCoin and they find a dev then they just need to leave a message here.
Vandalay23

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:44:21 PM

any news about skull/fldc?
Simpson93

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:08:05 AM

any news about skull/fldc?
mriulian

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:41:45 PM

it seems..this is the end of skullcoin
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

Hey Smiley It looks like the dev was responsive for a short while here in Jan.

We actually have been working hard on Merged Folding and we have it up and running. We currently support two other coins (Scotcoin and Powcoin) and are talking with 2 more coins about bringing them on. One coin is OCTOcoin which we are reviving.

We can help in the distribution and calculations of rewards systems. We can also train devs fully in how to properly use assets, asset creation, and secure undistributed funds or anything else Counterparty related. But we still need a dev from the community who is willing to be the main guy as we cannot take on running another coin as well, we just wish to support it.

but sadly I could not find a dev here looking to be the main guy to take over and the original creator was not responsive enough and I closed this case on our end. Im sorry that I couldnt find a solution for this community, but since I have last been here, FoldingCoin is helping/helped 4 other coins. I would still be willing to give it another go, but i need someone here willing to take over as dev.

Do we have any takers?

Thanks!

FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:09:04 PM

So i have received a messaging stating this:

Question:
" Can you explain to me how it would exactly work if you will support SkullCoin and what the tasks of "the main guy", "dev" would be.
I first thought you are going to transform SkullCoin into FoldingCoin. "

So we looked into roblox and talked to some people who might be interested in developing these games and no one responded after we tried a few times. I didnt receive an overwhelming support from the forum talk, the original developer still has the token control and he hasn't responded to me, so we decided that there wasn't much else we could do.

But with our new implementation of merged folding, we could easily distribute your coin still, but if we took on the task of Skull that would lose focus on FLDC.

The other coins we work with now have independent dev teams and we simply provide Counterparty support, distribution of assets, and can help in advising with new re launches. one of these communities has a none tech guy that is helping revive the coin, but is advocating others to help in the rebuilding which is what Skull needs. So if you get a community leader to take on the challenge, we happily would help you revive it. If no one has that much of an interest then I would suggest simply moving on.

FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:13:45 PM

So I have another update, Skullcoins dev has contacted me Cheesy

He is willing to give up the keys to the SkullTokens, however he no longer has an interest in developing the games. Does anyone in this community still have an interest in pursuing the creation of the games?

Simpson93

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:36:14 PM

The games were really funny and i enjoyed it. But without someone who has the time to build awesome maps and fill them with coins theres no way we can revive this games.
Maybe we could transfer this coin to a coin that you can mine with "folding@home".
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:02:01 PM

The games were really funny and i enjoyed it. But without someone who has the time to build awesome maps and fill them with coins theres no way we can revive this games.
Maybe we could transfer this coin to a coin that you can mine with "folding@home".
It would be very easy to add SkullTokens to the Merged Folding family, we already have other tokens on our platform http://foldingcoin.net/merged-folding/

But i would need someone in this community looking to be at least the temporary dev for this coin until a dev is found to make these games. Would you by chance be interested? I can work with you on many things to make this easier (including the distributions) however i do not have the time to develop the games. I might however be able to incorporate it in a Starcraft II game, but that would still take sometime to do.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: