Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What coinmarketcap icon is best? (post #475)
No opinion

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SKULL] ☠ SkullCoin | in-Game Treasure Hunt | PoQ  (Read 61142 times)
Alpenglow

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:14:56 AM

Anyone know how steep the learning curve is for Roblox?  I have worked with it about 20 hours total over last month. I was able to make some landscape and buildings. I added some passageways in the buildings with lights and smoke effects.  Just simple stuff so far.  The platform does not seem too hard- just time consuming.  I could probably make maps but not sure if I could have games ready every week as the previous dev. was attempting.  Also I might be totally underestimating the difficulty and perhaps my games would suck.  If I understand Roblox correctly once I get this map a bit developed I can publish it and share the link....You all could then walk around the landscape and tell me whether or not it is any good?

-Ag 
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simpson93

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:10:57 AM

@FoldingCoin: Sure i could be the temporary dev. But i wont be able to develop games cause i dont have much free time.

@Alpenglow: You are right with your thoughts. You can even take existing maps by asking other creators if they will share their map for free or maybe for a little bit of money. THen you run your map on a server and share the link to it. THen everybody can join.
Maybe we could ask the first dev if he can give us the code he wrote. Its needed so the tokens are added randomly to the map.

Btw.: 1 game every 2 weeks or 1 big game every month would be enough for me.
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:20:15 PM

@FoldingCoin: Sure i could be the temporary dev. But i wont be able to develop games cause i dont have much free time.

@Alpenglow: You are right with your thoughts. You can even take existing maps by asking other creators if they will share their map for free or maybe for a little bit of money. THen you run your map on a server and share the link to it. THen everybody can join.
Maybe we could ask the first dev if he can give us the code he wrote. Its needed so the tokens are added randomly to the map.

Btw.: 1 game every 2 weeks or 1 big game every month would be enough for me.
I dont think this would be an issue at all. The SkullToken dev has been talking to me via email and i am sure he would not have a problem helping to move the development over to another person

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Alpenglow

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:21:04 AM

I just uploaded a map to Roblox. This is my first attempt. Very time consuming. I imagine I will get much faster in the future (even then it may be too much time but I can't determine that yet).  I am a little concerned about what the game looks like when I play/view it versus when someone else views/plays it.  Roblox has lots of models and parts one can import into their map and it is not clear which ones are free (e.g., I imported about 12 palm trees, about 8 destructible pine trees, and several zombies 1-2 very aggressive while others hardly move at all? Let me know if you see the trees and zombies.  Also there should be a pistol in your starter pack (press 1 to activate pistol).  I also built a boat which was very difficult to configure cause the vehicle seat is very tricky for a noob - map does not have much water for the boat but I can change that as I revise...

Link:  http://www.roblox.com/item.aspx?id=178842666
Simpson93

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:43:40 AM

it works. i can see all items. the gun works. the zobies are attacking me.
And the map looks good. It is big and you have a lot of spots to hide the tokens. Even with some little caves.
Good Job Alpenglow.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:45:15 AM

I just uploaded a map to Roblox. This is my first attempt. Very time consuming. I imagine I will get much faster in the future (even then it may be too much time but I can't determine that yet).  I am a little concerned about what the game looks like when I play/view it versus when someone else views/plays it.  Roblox has lots of models and parts one can import into their map and it is not clear which ones are free (e.g., I imported about 12 palm trees, about 8 destructible pine trees, and several zombies 1-2 very aggressive while others hardly move at all? Let me know if you see the trees and zombies.  Also there should be a pistol in your starter pack (press 1 to activate pistol).  I also built a boat which was very difficult to configure cause the vehicle seat is very tricky for a noob - map does not have much water for the boat but I can change that as I revise...

I have a linux machine and dont have a windows available right now to test the game. Would you like to setup a skype however sometime to discus with me details on how we can help you revive this coin?

Nice Job Cheesy

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Alpenglow

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:53:27 AM

Thanks all for the encouragement!  Discussing future of Skull sounds like a great idea!  I will send email tomorrow via the bitcoin talk messaging to discuss skype meet up and whatever you have in mind.  Would Simpson93 also like to be involved in this future conversation? 
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:51:26 PM

Thanks all for the encouragement!  Discussing future of Skull sounds like a great idea!  I will send email tomorrow via the bitcoin talk messaging to discuss skype meet up and whatever you have in mind.  Would Simpson93 also like to be involved in this future conversation? 
I think that is a fantastic idea! If you guys have two people willing to work together at the beginning that will make it much easier to get off the ground running.

Simpson93

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:02:04 PM

Would Simpson93 also like to be involved in this future conversation? 

Yes
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 07:15:58 PM

Hey guys, great to see an innovative project in the works. I couldn't understand the PoQ & game concept fully. Did I miss the explanation somewhere? If not, could you give me a quick summery of how it works? Thanks and much appreciated.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:38:32 PM

Alright guys, I have this sunday open if you guys can do a meeting this weekend. Will sunday work for you guys?

Alpenglow

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:46:13 AM

Folding Coin:  Anytime on Sunday works for me. That will give me time to find my Skype login info as I have not used it in a couple years.

SecretsOfCrypto: As I understand it the "Proof of Quest" (PoQ) concept relates to the fact that tokens are obtained via finding them in a game or treasure hunt.  It is not so much a technical concept but rather it relates to the technical concept of "proof of work" where traditional bitcoin clients solve cryptographic equations to unlock or mine coins.  So proof of quest is basically a parody or perhaps play on words of proof of work.  It is not necessary to mine skull tokens you just have to find them in game or quest!  They already exist on the counterparty platform and are released by dev. over time via giveaways etc..  That said, you probably will be able to mine them (as well as find them in game/quest) soon via the merged folding coin process which I am just recently learning about so I can not speak to it at length.  In addition to the early pages of this thread there is more information at Reddit, http://www.reddit.com/r/SkullCoin/ and you can learn about folding coin and how several Counterparty token's are in part distributed via folding coins operations at, http://foldingcoin.net/merged-folding/ 

Hope that helps! 
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:10:28 PM

Folding Coin:  Anytime on Sunday works for me. That will give me time to find my Skype login info as I have not used it in a couple years.

SecretsOfCrypto: As I understand it the "Proof of Quest" (PoQ) concept relates to the fact that tokens are obtained via finding them in a game or treasure hunt.  It is not so much a technical concept but rather it relates to the technical concept of "proof of work" where traditional bitcoin clients solve cryptographic equations to unlock or mine coins.  So proof of quest is basically a parody or perhaps play on words of proof of work.  It is not necessary to mine skull tokens you just have to find them in game or quest!  They already exist on the counterparty platform and are released by dev. over time via giveaways etc..  That said, you probably will be able to mine them (as well as find them in game/quest) soon via the merged folding coin process which I am just recently learning about so I can not speak to it at length.  In addition to the early pages of this thread there is more information at Reddit, http://www.reddit.com/r/SkullCoin/ and you can learn about folding coin and how several Counterparty token's are in part distributed via folding coins operations at, http://foldingcoin.net/merged-folding/ 

Hope that helps! 
Thats actually a pretty good explanation, nice job Smiley Lets see what Simpson says, but I am good for anytime Sunday.
My skype profile is: foldingcoin
So just send me a message and we can set something up Smiley

Simpson93

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:18:47 AM

Sunday should work.
SkullCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:25:54 PM

It was always my intention to just get the ball rolling for others to create the maps. If that would happen SkullCoin could perpetually go on a long time and evolve along the way.

Good work on the map. You can figure out how to set the coins yourself(more than one way to do things) or I can show you how i did it. I uncoplylock a map and you can look under the hood at the code snippets.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:22:35 PM

It was always my intention to just get the ball rolling for others to create the maps. If that would happen SkullCoin could perpetually go on a long time and evolve along the way.

Good work on the map. You can figure out how to set the coins yourself(more than one way to do things) or I can show you how i did it. I uncoplylock a map and you can look under the hood at the code snippets.
Would you be able to join us on sunday as well? It would be nice to get your advice on some things, thanks!

Alpenglow

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:23:15 AM

hmmm.....for a group of digital pirates I find it odd that I have not seen an "Arrrrrrrrrr" in like 50 posts  Grin.  For the skeleton crew that remains I arrive bearing some good news.  I have been working on the before mentioned Roblox game a bit and added a few boats (with sails finally but no jolly roger yet -that will have to wait), zombie regeneration and other niceties.  I have not published these changes to Roblox yet.  I plan to put out the final version along with several hidden treasures in 1-2 weeks. The final date and time I will make clear as it gets closer.  I still need to figure out how to hide the treasures and I am in process of purchasing some tokens, btc, xcp, etc. for prizes.  I am not wealthy so I am at the moment restricted to caching small prizes but isn't the fun really in the challenge of discovering the whereabouts of my crypto loot, and shooting zombies of course.

Fairwinds,

Alpenglow         
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 11:37:28 AM

Nice to see some life back in this thread! =D
Once you finish the map, if any promotion is needed, PM me, and i'll be glad to help =)

I own promoplugs.com, which allows you to set up twitter campaigns, and i'd offer the service free =)
Alpenglow

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:45:20 PM

ctenc001 -Thanks for the offer.  At this early stage I will be holding off on over promotion.  lol there is likely to be a early glitch or two.  New players could get bad impression while fellow skullions, skullets, skulls or whatever would be more forgiving (If there are any left?).  I plan to launch the game Saturday April 11th 2015 6:00 PM UTC/GMT (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx).  I have attempted to make the treasures more difficult to find although only through experimentation can I learn how to do this right.  Too difficult to find is no problem cause I will just post clues that make it reasonable to find treasures if I notice it is taking awhile. 

Update!On Sunday I took a drive and cached a little treasure in the real (non-digital) world at a geocache location.  It was a lot of fun and afterwords I got myself a cup of coffee and drove home in the rain with a smirk on my face and a few muh ha ha ha laughs.  I will follow up with clues to this treasure.  I cached the paperwallet empty so I need to send funds before announcing clues   
FoldingCoin

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:33:20 PM

I am now in talks with a community member here looking to be the lead on reviving this great token idea. We are meeting again tomorrow at 3 pm EDT, we will report back what we discuss, thanks eeryone!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: