Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What coinmarketcap icon is best? (post #475)
No opinion

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SKULL] ☠ SkullCoin | in-Game Treasure Hunt | PoQ  (Read 61142 times)
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:32:25 PM

I am disappointed that a legit coin without their help cant succeed.

Probably this was simply not a "legit coin" after all.  I still hold the same perspectives on it as I held in my earlier comments in the thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AllCryptoAllDay

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 04:09:47 PM

I am upset all my skullcoin was lost on counterparty wallet :S

Simpson93

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:53:46 PM

What happened?
AllCryptoAllDay

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:29:03 AM

What happened?

Lat time i checked there is just no skull coin pairing there anymore?

FoldingCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:31:09 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 06:40:07 AM by FoldingCoin

Hey! Just to put my 2 cents in now that the dev has dissapeared, Skullcoin actually got their idea off of http://foldingcoin.net and had contacted us early on in their development about a possible partnership. They took our idea and applied it to Skullcoin which we thought was great because it helped in the adoption of FAH. Now that they are done maybe you should all move over to us, we have heavy development and are making great strides in the Countparty community.

Please visit our website or our talk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0 to learn more. I will become active on this forum now. We also are starting to begin talks with other coin about merged folding and we might like to pick up doing the distribution of Skullcoin if the dev choices to release Skullcoin to us as we developed the distribution code https://github.com/FoldingCoinNet . This would allow the dev to focus on the game and not the coin. I want to clarify though, we cannot take on development of the game, but we have become experts in coin distribution. Let me know what you all think Smiley

To show we are out before them, the original accouncement was on http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/asic-proof-altcoin-on-counterparty July 6th

There are 97 Skullcoin holders http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/SKULLCOIN
And 3015 FLDC holders http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/FLDC

We do an average of 6.5 Million FAH credits a day and 8 Million amongst all teams. Unlike Skullcoin you are able to be a part of any team on FAH

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:32:40 AM

Did you send out mining payouts? just curious. my balance is the same from the previous week. This is smobert in game. Looking forward to the next game and I hope you won't get discouraged by the turnouts but you're providing a lot of fun to those that show up each week. If you keep it up I think the snowball rolling down the hill is going to turn into an avalanche Smiley I wish I knew anything about coding so I could help you out a bit but I only know how to play games not make em Wink My twitter handle is @coins4h2o and I'm always happy to retweet when you make announcements. see you on Saturday I hope.

Thanks for the courteous words. I held back on payouts to see if anyone noticed. If I don't need to send them every week I would prefer to send them every two weeks because it's all manual calculations right now.

I made a snapshot last Saturday of the F@H points, so I'm still keeping accurate accounting.
I believe this was probably one of the biggest reasons for the development stopping is due to the manual calculations and manual distribution. We have something in place that is automated in the calculations and the distribution. If you look at our distribution history, you will see that we pay 80 some people every day in seconds http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/project/distribution-history/

Dev, if the distribution and calculations are what is holding you back, let us please reenter discussions of some sort of partnership. We would love to help Skullcoin continue on because it seems that people here really like the idea, im sorry I didnt see this post sooner than today.

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Simpson93

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:44:13 PM

Sounds like a good idea.
And i would love to play some Treasure hunts again.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:23:48 PM

Sounds like a good idea.
And i would love to play some Treasure hunts again.
For sure, is there anyone still on this forum that was involved in the development of treasure hunt?

Simpson93

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:41:11 PM

Hmm i only know about  SkullCoin doing all the work.

He was last actice at : November 11, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:43:39 PM

Hmm i only know about  SkullCoin doing all the work.

He was last actice at : November 11, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
I just saw that. I have tried reaching out to him via letstalkbitcoin PM and email and I am currently looking to see if he by chance had a personal email attached to any of his other forums. I dont know much about the website he used to host the games, but is this something that can be accessible for anyone to pick up, or do we need him to grant access?

Simpson93

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:53:10 PM

The name is Roblox. You can register by only choosing username and password. No E-Mail required.

And there you can create worlds by using an map editor. Its all free and everyone can do it. You build the map, then you create the tokens (simply build an object), then you place them randomly or by putting them in, and then you let the coins show the private key which is loaded with skull.

So you have to konw how to build a map and a little bit how to code cause the private keys are only visible if you are nearby a coin. And a little bit coding to place the coins objects randomly. So someone who can code and has time to build maps can do this easily.

Only thing needed is access to all the coins cause you have to load the private keys which can be then found by people.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:56:13 PM

The name is Roblox. You can register by only choosing username and password. No E-Mail required.

And there you can create worlds by using an map editor. Its all free and everyone can do it. You build the map, then you create the tokens (simply build an object), then you place them randomly or by putting them in, and then you let the coins show the private key which is loaded with skull.

So you have to konw how to build a map and a little bit how to code cause the private keys are only visible if you are nearby a coin. And a little bit coding to place the coins objects randomly. So someone who can code and has time to build maps can do this easily.

Only thing needed is access to all the coins cause you have to load the private keys which can be then found by people.
Thanks, I will look for someone to take this over then possibly. We can do something like trade in your SkullCoins for FoldingCoin if the Dev doesnt get back to me, so that way it wont be a complete loss. By chance is this something you would be willing to do, or is that not an interest of your? I can help with the coin support end, but I would not be able to be part of the game design as our team is so busy with so many other things

Simpson93

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:02:14 PM

TO simplify my last post. Its like Minecraft. SO that shouldnt be a problem.

Everything is better then holding Coins that are nothing worth. Picking up the support and going on with this project would be nice but if you make a deal by trading Skullcoins for Foldingcoins then i am into it. I personally invested money into this coin and got nothing back. So i am fine with every solution that can give me some money back Wink

btw: Thanks for trying to get this coin going again
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

TO simplify my last post. Its like Minecraft. SO that shouldnt be a problem.

Everything is better then holding Coins that are nothing worth. Picking up the support and going on with this project would be nice but if you make a deal by trading Skullcoins for Foldingcoins then i am into it. I personally invested money into this coin and got nothing back. So i am fine with every solution that can give me some money back Wink

btw: Thanks for trying to get this coin going again
That is something we could do, we love giving away the large amount of FLDC we earned early on in order to help adopt the coin. I am hoping to see some more Skullcoin users continue to talk on this forum to help with the word, but I would really love it if the dev could at least spend one day helping us take this over. I am going to talk to my team about this and we will see what we can make happen.

Quadmium

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:33:14 PM

Skullcoin was one of the most unique projects I've seen on here, thanks for the revival  Smiley
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:46:30 AM

Skullcoin was one of the most unique projects I've seen on here, thanks for the revival  Smiley
Just to clarify, we still need to research this more before its official that we will be the ones to revive it. We will need the help from the skullcoin community on picking up where they left off. I want to state again that we would have the time to help in the revival of the distribution and maintenance of the coin, developing the game is something that we simple do not have time for. But that  doesnt mean we would not love to bring on someone in this community that wants to take on that role for us. It would be great to discus what had happened with this coin with someone in this community, and to possible bring one of you on as a FoldingCoin developer for this game.

Please anyone email me rross@foldingcoin.net so our team can get a better understanding of what happened here and how we could help in the resurrection of SkullCoin or possible a buyout of SkullCoin for FoldingCoin.

W32MYDOOM

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:57:49 AM

Planning a takeover?
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 02:21:15 AM

Planning a takeover?
Playing with the idea, but we would need to add a developer who is existing in the skullcoin community to really help us pick up where they left off.

Alpenglow

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:41:59 AM

If I had to guess I think dev left skullcoin because it was too much work and not growing quickly enough.  A couple months was not enough time to test this great idea. More time is needed to get a strong community gathered...including people to help with development etc..  I gather from earlier posts that the difficult to calculate payouts were from some kind of mining. I don't understand why skullcoin had any mining at all. Doesn't it make more sense to only give coins away in game to support the game? Either people play or there is no point?   

I have no issue with folding coin (don't know what exactly it is) but I would hope if dev returns they just bring the game back and give out coin prizes again and that skull stay away from payout mining. If there is skull community member willing to take over dev i hope the old dev just hands over power or works something reasonable out. I don't see what folding coin brings to the table?

I think longer games would be improvement, -by loading prizes randomly throughout the week so that anyone can play at any time and still have a chance to find tokens. In the old game all prizes were found too fast.  To make it easier perhaps they could reuse old maps/games- nothing wrong with reusing old stuff while a future path is figured out.

I may be missing something but folding coin helping with the “distribution and maintenance of the coin” seems only relevant for the pseudo mining that was going on and in my opinion that mining was a distraction from the intent and vision of the coin. Also does skull coin require maintenance?
FoldingCoin

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:10:04 PM

If I had to guess I think dev left skullcoin because it was too much work and not growing quickly enough.  A couple months was not enough time to test this great idea. More time is needed to get a strong community gathered...including people to help with development etc..  I gather from earlier posts that the difficult to calculate payouts were from some kind of mining. I don't understand why skullcoin had any mining at all. Doesn't it make more sense to only give coins away in game to support the game? Either people play or there is no point?   

I have no issue with folding coin (don't know what exactly it is) but I would hope if dev returns they just bring the game back and give out coin prizes again and that skull stay away from payout mining. If there is skull community member willing to take over dev i hope the old dev just hands over power or works something reasonable out. I don't see what folding coin brings to the table?

I think longer games would be improvement, -by loading prizes randomly throughout the week so that anyone can play at any time and still have a chance to find tokens. In the old game all prizes were found too fast.  To make it easier perhaps they could reuse old maps/games- nothing wrong with reusing old stuff while a future path is figured out.

I may be missing something but folding coin helping with the “distribution and maintenance of the coin” seems only relevant for the pseudo mining that was going on and in my opinion that mining was a distraction from the intent and vision of the coin. Also does skull coin require maintenance?
Thanks for the response, I also received an email that helped clarify things even more so. Now that we have had time to look into this more I agree that the folding portion of this game is not required in order for it to work. I am not sure why the Dev decided to incorporate folding into the coin, though it is nice to get additional support for the FAH program.

I like this idea of finding tokens in a game. I do not want to take on the development of a game coin, but rather want to focus on helping find a better way to distribute the coins for this project. We are playing with the idea of developing a platform for other Counterparty tokens to find a way to distribute their funds better while folding. LetsTalkBitcoin has a great distribution system that we use that hopefully they plan on making available soon to anyone. And FoldingCoin has a great calculator to determine how many FLDC each person receives from folding on FAH. The calculator is possible to be expanded to other ways of distributing.

I need to play with this Roblox platform, I am on Linux and it is not supported so I need to get to one of my Windows computers to test this out. From what it looks like, it seems very similar to Starcrafts Galaxy Editor. Give me sometime to look into this so our team can come to a solution that could help everyone.

But just so I can understand, does the original Dev still hold a large amount of the Skullcoins?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: