Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dosh-Kapital  (Read 15642 times)
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:50:48 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 08:17:42 AM by mere-mortal

Specifications

Symbol < DOSH > •   Algorithm < CryptoNight >  •   Block time < 192 seconds > •   Difficulty retargets each block •   Total Dosh 184.46 Million

Features

Untraceable payments    •   Unlinkable transactions    •   Blockchain analysis resistance   •   Adaptive parameters

To get started visit this link

Source  •   Github

Binaries

•   Windows 64-bit Binaries
•   Linux 64-bit Binaries
•   P2P Port 14149
•   RPC Port 14147

Vote for Dosh on Hitbtc

Vote for Dosh on Swaphole.com

Poloniex
If you are registered, please submit Dosh for voting, tell them why you love it

I have two seed nodes running, they will have some coins I can distribute,  so

•   If you feel like submitting a better logo, go for it.
•   Following on from that a website ( We can cross that bridge later ).
•   Pools
http://dosh.extremepool.org
http://dosh.darktech.org
•   100 DOSH/constructive mention
•   32 bit binaries

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SecondsOld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:50:57 PM

Need more deets
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:54:18 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 02:49:03 PM by mere-mortal

Start mining

— Launch Dosh daemon (Windows-dosh.exe Linux-doshd) from the command line.
— Wait until Dosh is synchronized. You will be notified with several green "SYNCHRONIZED OK" messages.
— Run simplewallet to start Dosh wallet.
— Create a new wallet or login in the existing one. Either way you will receive your address and will be able to start mining.
— Start Dosh mining from the daemon or from the wallet.

Send and receive funds

— Start simplewallet and enter your wallet name and password.
— As soon as synchronization with daemon is done, you will be able to see your balance. If synch process didn't start automatically you should use "refresh" command.
— Use "transfer" command to send funds to another wallet, where "mixin_amount" identifies the level of anonymity of the payment, "address" is target's address, "amount" is the deposit sum.
— To send your funds to the exchange you should use "payment_id" option.
dogetime

Activity: 257

BUY BUY CELL CELL

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:10:06 PM

You left all the instructions in the github readme like:

== Preparation ==

1. Create an account on github.com

2. Fork https://github.com/cryptonotefoundation/cryptonote repository

3. Buy one or two Ubuntu-based dedicated servers (at least 8Gb of RAM) for seed nodes.

== First step. Give a name to your coin ==

Good name must be unique. Check uniqueness with google and mapofcoins.com or any other similar service.

Name must be specified twice:

- in file src/cryptonote_config.h - CRYPTONOTE_NAME macro

Not very professional really  Undecided

Pump and dump philosophy
BTC: 1EZnwK5H5nRV2Tm4qToPg4Gb56eu35YoUC
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:18:08 PM

Much appreciated, needed to recompile, not an excuse, but hopefully forgiven
darkswag

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:25:19 PM

not working for me
it don't ask me for wallet name, "failed to parse arguments: the option - -login is requiered but missing"
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:38:07 PM

Well, I'd love to spread the word about Dosh and earn myself some free coins but doesn't look like 32 bit systems are catered for here Undecided
No disrespect but mere mortals use 32bit machines, advanced/super mortals use 64 bits  Cheesy
Anyways good luck with your project!  Smiley
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:10:41 PM

Any plans other than get the word out? Just another experiment or do you intend on supporting this coin in the future?
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:54:04 PM

Any plans other than get the word out? Just another experiment or do you intend on supporting this coin in the future?

I am in for the long run. Perhaps I underestimated the uptake, was hoping for things to be slow and gradual. Not complaining though.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:25:40 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 06:41:23 AM by mere-mortal

not working for me
it don't ask me for wallet name, "failed to parse arguments: the option - -login is requiered but missing"

If you run simplewallet.exe it will ask you to enter a wallet name, if the wallet dose not exist or the the name you enter is new, it will ask you to create a new password.

Next time you run simplewallet.exe you will need to enter the wallet and password you created.

It seems you did not enter a new wallet name, but hard for me to know from what you have said, if you can give more info on the error, I will try to help
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:34:09 PM

Well, I'd love to spread the word about Dosh and earn myself some free coins but doesn't look like 32 bit systems are catered for here Undecided
No disrespect but mere mortals use 32bit machines, advanced/super mortals use 64 bits  Cheesy
Anyways good luck with your project!  Smiley

In the words of Homer Simpson "Do" For some reason I am not able to compile 32 bit at present, but have added it to "things that need to happen" above.

Not giving up though
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:22:47 PM

For Windows

You need to download simpleminer.exe and dosh.exe

open a command prompt, and navigate to folder with above files.

Type simpleminer.exe, it will ask you for a wallet name( type wallet.bin ), you can call it wallet.bin or whatever you like, ENTER, type password(once), it will give an error. (cant connect to daemon)

A new file called wallet.bin.address.txt will be created in folder, open this with Notepad or text editor of choice.

type exit in command promt( if you had double clicked the file simpleminer.exe, it will close the command window. It is important that you open command promt and cd to correct folder)

type the following

dosh.exe --start-mining (copy and past the wallet address from wallet.bin.adress.txt file here) --mining-threads 1 (or2 0r whatever you have)

example:

dosh.exe --start-mining ds2..........WjUJDWxPQaGyYebnLKxwVo............... CB9L9MnQM57Fe26.........kpfqKPz1vULMFqf9 --mining-threads 1

it will begin to sync, when it has finished and starts mining type save or exit. ( it is important to never reboot your machine untill you have saved or exited dosh.exe) you will have to resync.

Leave command prompt open and double click on simpleminer.exe, enter details. ( type refresh at any stage to refresh, or type help for wallet commands)

You say simpleminer.exe above when what you mean is simplewallet.exe
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:44:25 PM

For Windows

Type simpleminer.exe, it will ask you for a wallet name( type wallet.bin ), you can call it wallet.bin or whatever you like, ENTER, type password(once), it will give an error. (cant connect to daemon)

A new file called wallet.bin.address.txt will be created in folder, open this with Notepad or text editor of choice.

type exit in command promt( if you had double clicked the file simpleminer.exe, it will close the command window. It is important that you open command promt and cd to correct folder)

type the following

dosh.exe --start-mining (copy and past the wallet address from wallet.bin.adress.txt file here) --mining-threads 1 (or2 0r whatever you have)

example:

dosh.exe --start-mining ds2..........WjUJDWxPQaGyYebnLKxwVo............... CB9L9MnQM57Fe26.........kpfqKPz1vULMFqf9 --mining-threads 1

it will begin to sync, when it has finished and starts mining type save or exit. ( it is important to never reboot your machine untill you have saved or exited dosh.exe) you will have to resync.

Leave command prompt open and double click on simpleminer.exe, enter details. ( type refresh at any stage to refresh, or type help for wallet commands)

Apologies, I have corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out
CryptoHypno

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:45:02 PM

I think you should have called this Dosh.0 Grin

QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:37:12 PM

For Windows

type the following

example:

Apologies, I have corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out

No problem. I'm mining per your instructions, can I assume this is basically solomining? If so can I use the same tools that have been created for other cryptonight coins?
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:10:02 AM

UPDATE Pool added
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:24:23 AM

Douche
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:51:45 AM

DEV:
you should add coin to https://cryptonote.org/coins.php

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:01:33 AM

DEV:
you should add coin to https://cryptonote.org/coins.php

Will be doing that today, thought I would give it a day.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:06:49 AM

Douche

Not sure if you are taking the P#ss, but for those that dont know the Urban Dictionary describes Dosh as follows:

dosh

Currency, money, cash, moola

Wan't to grab a berr?

Can't man, got no dosh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: